PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kobe Bryant has to be the 5th best player on his team for them to win games.

irishock
11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Let's face it. Nash, Howard and Gasol are the core of the LOS ANGELES LAKERS' offense. Howard and Artest are the defensive leaders. Nash is the playmaker and Gasol is the mid range go-to-guy when Howard is doubled. What does that leave us with? Kobe Bryant. Tonight he took a mere 10 shots compared to his 3 teammates who were more involved in the offense. It's a no-brainer that Kobe Bryant has a high shot tendency, but Bryant has to understand that he's the Lakers 4th best player on the court at any time while Nash is out with the injury.

Bynumite
11-05-2012, 12:10 AM
Playing vs the worst team in the league right now. This game was a glorified scrimmage.

A win is a win but i'm still waiting for a W vs a top team.

Lock and pink.

pass1st
11-05-2012, 12:21 AM
If Kobe plays efficient, he should be the 2nd option. If not, he's the 3rd/4th.

That's pretty much how it should be.

Stabula
11-05-2012, 12:42 AM
I would go to Kobe over Gasol any day for offense. I hate to diss my fellow Spaniard but Gasol is a pussy and everyone should know this by now.

irishock
11-05-2012, 12:48 AM
The same goes for '04 honestly. Karl Malone's injury killed any chance of the Lakers beating the Pistons in the finals. You couldn't depend on Kobe as the first option since Shaq was already starting to decline from a #1 guy on a championship team. I honestly think if a guy like Medevenko gave the Lakers the push that Bryant was expected to have given, the Lakers would've been four time champs in 4 calender years.

scanry
11-05-2012, 01:27 AM
The same goes for '04 honestly. Karl Malone's injury killed any chance of the Lakers beating the Pistons in the finals. You couldn't depend on Kobe as the first option since Shaq was already starting to decline from a #1 guy on a championship team. I honestly think if a guy like Medevenko gave the Lakers the push that Bryant was expected to have given, the Lakers would've been four time champs in 4 calender years.

They were lucky to even get to the Finals. The Spurs should've disposed them off in 6. They had no chance against the Pistons. The Pistons were basically the 2007 & 2011 Giants. Got hot at the right time. I think even the Pacers could've beaten the Lakers that year.

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 09:29 AM
agree the lakers were lucky to even make the finals that year. the game was as good as done when they were 2pts down with only 0.4 secs left. he had basically no time to catch-and-shoot the ball, he just volleyed it and the rest was all blind luck tbh

Ace
11-05-2012, 09:33 AM
OP is an idiot and this is another horrible thread as per usual from OP.

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 09:56 AM
^ agree. the mick changed his avatar but remains a retard as always tbh

ambchang
11-05-2012, 11:11 AM
As a scoring option, Bryant should be 1st or 2nd.

As a play making option, Bryant should be 2nd or 3rd.

He is too good of a scorer to render as a 3rd or 4th option.

Dwight has questionable low post scoring, but his athletic gifts give him an upper hand in a post-starved era in basketball. Dwight could be the 1st option, but I believe, truthfully, Bryant should be 1st. Gasol is a good option, but his playmaking in the high post area would be a better option given the number of scoring options on the Lakers.

Gasol should be the focal point of the Lakers playmaking option, with Nash coming in 2nd (or vice versa). A Gasol/Nash focused offense, with Dwight and Bryant as finishers would be impossible to stop.

Bynumite
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM

Dwight has questionable low post scoring, but his athletic gifts give him an upper hand in a post-starved era in basketball. Dwight could be the 1st option, but I believe, truthfully, Bryant should be 1st. Gasol is a good option, but his playmaking in the high post area would be a better option given the number of scoring options on the Lakers.

Gasol should be the focal point of the Lakers playmaking option, with Nash coming in 2nd (or vice versa). A Gasol/Nash focused offense, with Dwight and Bryant as finishers would be impossible to stop.

Whoever you are, return this account to ambchang immediately, stealing accounts is not cool bro :lol

ambchang
11-05-2012, 11:20 AM

Malone was pretty much done by the finals. Either Wallaces were wiping the floor with him regardless of whether he was injured or not. In game 1, where pedophile played 44 minutes, he scored 4 points on 2-9 shooting and 11 rebounds for a -10 in a 87-75 loss. In Game 2, pedophile had 9 points on 3-9 shooting in a fluke OT win. The next game, where pedobear was "injured", he played 18 minutes and had a +/1 of -13 in a 20 point loss.

In other words, the Malone injury didn't kill the chances of the Lakers beating the Pistons, at that stage in his career, he was more interested in hunting little Mexican girls than playing basketball. There is no way he has the impact to turn a 4-1 series loss into a series win.

ambchang
11-05-2012, 11:22 AM
Whoever you are, return this account to ambchang immediately, stealing accounts is not cool bro :lol

I have always maintained Bryant was a fantastic scorer, probably the best scorer since Jordan. You may even argue he is on par with Jordan as a scorer. He is just not all that efficient in it. If an offense can take out some offensive decisions for him, and have Gasol and Nash set him up for easier scores, the Lakers will be unstoppable on offense.

On defense, just have the perimeter pressure their guys like crazy, and let Howard and Gasol man the middle.

Fabbs
11-05-2012, 11:31 AM
^^nicely done.
Your post above the above.

The Gemini Method
11-05-2012, 11:39 AM
I was at the game last night and it was a festive atmosphere--I mean, it could've been due to this; http://beerpulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Golden-Road-Get-Up-Offa-That-Brown-Ale-e1351990503272-198x200.png

When the focal point was Dwight and Pau--this team would be hard to stop. I know it was the Pistons and a better test will be this Wednesday in SLC against the much bigger Jazz, but having seen how much more interactive the team was down low probably delegates Kobe as the 2nd-3rd option--which is fine by me.

Relevancy
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM

Gasol should be the focal point of the Lakers playmaking option, with Nash coming in 2nd (or vice versa). A Gasol/Nash focused offense, with Dwight and Bryant as finishers would be impossible to stop.This my dear Spur fans is how every single one of you should aim to be, maybe we wouldn't have such hatred for each other, but ambchang is probably high or something :lol