PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: 3 fluke wins

ElNono
11-05-2012, 03:04 AM
Spurs look like they started hot, but if you take a closer look that 3-0 record comes from very iffy wins.

- First game against NOH on the road with a team without their best player and a brand new rookie, the needed a fluke 3 pointer from Parker to sneak out with a W. Game was basically a tossup with 2 mins to go.

- Second game against OKC at *home*, they again need a fluke 3 pointer from Parker, a miraculous steal from Leonard and another fluke shot by Parker to end up winning a game that with one minute to go looked like a sure loss.

- Third game they come out swinging at home, they take a 17 point lead on the lowly Jazz then proceed to give up an astonishing 35 pts in the 3rd quarter and let the Jazz back in the game. They tighten up just enough in the 4th to rescue a win.

It's inevitable that luck will run out at some point, and things will get back to the mean, that's why this is probably one of the most misleading records in the NBA at the moment, tbh

AussieFanKurt
11-05-2012, 03:19 AM
But we are regular season champs

BanditHiro
11-05-2012, 03:31 AM
regular season champs find a way to win in the regular season.

Stabula
11-05-2012, 03:36 AM
Spurs look like they started hot, but if you take a closer look that 3-0 record comes from very iffy wins.

- First game against NOH on the road with a team without their best player and a brand new rookie, the needed a fluke 3 pointer from Parker to sneak out with a W. Game was basically a tossup with 2 mins to go.

- Second game against OKC at *home*, they again need a fluke 3 pointer from Parker, a miraculous steal from Leonard and another fluke shot by Parker to end up winning a game that with one minute to go looked like a sure loss.

- Third game they come out swinging at home, they take a 17 point lead on the lowly Jazz then proceed to give up an astonishing 35 pts in the 3rd quarter and let the Jazz back in the game. They tighten up just enough in the 4th to rescue a win.

It's inevitable that luck will run out at some point, and things will get back to the mean, that's why this is probably one of the most misleading records in the NBA at the moment, tbh

I actually find these to be terrible takes as these wins were not "flukes". The tightest game was the first one where we had no Ginobili and Parker's 3 pointer was not a fluke a shot. He can hit those threes. The second game against OKC was not a fluke either as the Spurs had control pretty much the whole game. Leonard stole it because he's good at steals it's not like Bonner stole it (THEN I'd be saying it was a total fluke). After that Pop drew up a good play and Parker hit a shot that he usually hits. The game against Utah the Spurs were coasting.

Don't know what you're talking about tbh.

thunderup
11-05-2012, 03:48 AM
Well, the Spurs have left off where they were from postseason play. I agree that things will normalize and the Spurs will regress down to their rightful level, 2nd or 3rd in the conference with OKC in 1st. It's only a matter of time.

BanditHiro
11-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Well, the Spurs have left off where they were from postseason play. I agree that things will normalize and the Spurs will regress down to their rightful level, 2nd or 3rd in the conference with OKC in 1st. It's only a matter of time.

he was wrong about OKC though that was not a fluke. Westbrook showed today or rather last night that he likes to pass the ball to the other team late in the 4th quarter.

AussieFanKurt
11-05-2012, 04:11 AM
:lol Durant averaging more assists than Westbrick... he should be playmaker. Just trade bricky

Reck
11-05-2012, 04:22 AM
How many fluke wins is a team allow to have per season?

Spurs may have used all of theirs in just 3 games. :cry

Reck
11-05-2012, 04:23 AM
And Stabula missed the mark. lol

BRHornet45
11-05-2012, 05:39 AM
truthful post. son from what I have seen so far the Spurs are easily in the bottom 10 teams of the league. the sun has been shining on their ass so far with a ridiculous amount of luck and favorable officiating, but the truth will eventually come out.

AussieFanKurt
11-05-2012, 06:38 AM
truthful post. son from what I have seen so far the Spurs are easily in the bottom 10 teams of the league. the sun has been shining on their ass so far with a ridiculous amount of luck and favorable officiating, but the truth will eventually come out.

son usually I agree with you but this is a lolable post, definitely not a bottom 10 team and no favourable reffing. I'm first to say anything about the WWE refs

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 10:31 AM
where would u rank your team then if spurs bottom 10? they curbstomped yo asses w/o manu and your team will only get weakened when the Wimp comes back and fucks up your chemistry. spurs will be fine in the regular season at least tbh

ginobilized
11-05-2012, 10:34 AM
the same outcome 2x in a row is a fluke?

ElNono
11-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I stand by what I posted... these things eventually even out. Tony Parker is a career 31% 3-point shooter who's currently shooting 75% from downtown. Whoever thinks that's not a fluke, I have some beachfront property to sell them in Nebraska.

And Stabula is a spanish faggot, tbh

scanry
11-05-2012, 11:41 AM

Son trolling aside, the Spurs are at worst the 3rd best team in the West. I could even bump them up over the Lakers, but let's wait till April. Besides Duncan & Manu, they are not that old.

Leetonidas
11-05-2012, 11:46 AM
spurfan shitting on his own team, nice schitck

ElNono
11-05-2012, 02:42 PM
spurfan shitting on his own team, nice schitck

Not worried here though

BRHornet45
11-05-2012, 03:15 PM
where would u rank your team then if spurs bottom 10? they curbstomped yo asses w/o manu and your team will only get weakened when the Wimp comes back and fucks up your chemistry. spurs will be fine in the regular season at least tbh

son first of all they didn't curb stomp the Hornets, but I would rank them side by side as of now and on any given day one of them could be ranked higher than the other.

crc21209
11-05-2012, 03:18 PM
A win is a win, period. It doesnt matter if it's by a point, or 20 points. Just ask the Lakers. I'm sure they would've taken a "fluke" win against the Mavs, Blazers, or Clippers in their first three games...

Reck
11-05-2012, 04:31 PM
Good old BR with the over exxageration bads.

Needs better trolling techniques.

Stabula
11-05-2012, 05:15 PM
I stand by what I posted... these things eventually even out. Tony Parker is a career 31% 3-point shooter who's currently shooting 75% from downtown. Whoever thinks that's not a fluke, I have some beachfront property to sell them in Nebraska.

I suppose I've already gotten used to the fact that this site is filled with morons who can't disagree with another human being without random meaningless name-calling. Oh noo you called me a faggot I'm so offended! I must have really hurt your feelings by calling your takes terrible.

Anyway if your only argument is that Parker is hitting threes that he hasn't been hitting in the past then your argument isn't on solid ground. He could very well have developed into a capable three point shooter. To just call it a fluke when he's hit the big shots back to back is just silly imo.

ElNono
11-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I suppose :cry :cry :cry

Stabula
11-05-2012, 07:21 PM
lol

Brazil
11-05-2012, 08:46 PM
tbh most nba guards that you let wide open will hit their 3s at a high rate
now if you are saying that TP forgotten by opposing defense is a fluke then I agree, I think no serious team will let TP do his stuff without pressuring him :lol Westbrook

Spursfan092120
11-05-2012, 08:48 PM
stupid ass post, son....no offense meant...just a stupid ass post.

rascal
11-05-2012, 09:19 PM

They don't even out in the regular season. The Spurs have had two fluke regular seasons the last two to prove that.

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 09:39 PM
son first of all they didn't curb stomp the Hornets, but I would rank them side by side as of now and on any given day one of them could be ranked higher than the other.
son the hornets are a marginal playoff team this year and the spurs are way above them imho, they might struggle in the postseason due to the lack of strength in the paint but the regular season will still be a cruise for them spurs just like the past seasons tbh.

plus you use the word "son" just as abusively as i use "tbh" and "imho", tbh son

RudyRay
11-05-2012, 10:16 PM
Seriously, what Spurs team have y'all been watching? Spurs are playing better than anyone in the league right now. OKC screwed themselves and will not go beyond the WCF's.

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 10:33 PM
it's just the start of an 82 game season and the fact that spurs have maintained the same squad as last season's might explain why they seem to have better chemistry than other teams and outperform their rivals as a result imho. spurs are a great team and might be better than OKC/lakers at this point of time, but the gap between these teams ain't that big as the current records suggest

midnightpulp
11-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I think the Spurs are a fairly strong team. Unsure of their ceiling, though. Things fall right and everyone stays healthy, I could see them returning to the WCF, and possibly sneak into the Finals, where of course they'd get obliterated by Miami.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Tbh, I'm hoping for a Spurs/Clips rematch in the conference finals, a REAL series with a non-injured Clippers team...

midnightpulp
11-05-2012, 10:42 PM
Tbh, I'm hoping for a Spurs/Clips rematch in the conference finals, a REAL series with a non-injured Clippers team...

Clippers win that matchup on paper. Only things working in the Spurs favor would be their experience and head-coaching advantage (although I don't think Del Negro is the bumbling retard he's perceived to be).

Floyd Pacquiao
11-05-2012, 10:45 PM
spurs with a flukey 4-0 start....first time in franchise history

irishock
11-05-2012, 10:46 PM

lol thinking the Clippers have a chance against the Mavs in a 4/5 matchup

Kidd K
11-05-2012, 10:48 PM

rofl? OKC isn't even getting the 2nd seed, much less first. Harden was OKC's 2nd best player. Replaced with a guy who's now their 4th best player.

I won't sit here and say the Spurs are the best team in the west, but I will absolutely sit here and tell you OKC is far from the best. Because it's pretty obvious they aren't anywhere close to it.

RudyRay
11-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Only thing working in Spurs favor is experience? This is the same team as last year, when they swept the Clips...what was working in their favor then?

Clipper Nation
11-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Clippers win that matchup on paper. Only things working in the Spurs favor would be their experience and head-coaching advantage (although I don't think Del Negro is the bumbling retard he's perceived to be).
Tbh, Vinny's not entirely stupid, he just hoards timeouts and, like Pop, has a maddening obsession with Bonner-esque scrubs such as Gomes, Cook, and Willie Green...

Pelicans78
11-05-2012, 10:55 PM
Monty Williams loved Willie Green as well.

DMC
11-05-2012, 10:57 PM
So I didn't read the entire thread mostly because I don't give a fuck what the others think (except MNP), but why does the OP think these other teams will get better and the Spurs won't? It's still beginning of the season.

scanry
11-05-2012, 10:58 PM
I think the Spurs are a fairly strong team. Unsure of their ceiling, though. Things fall right and everyone stays healthy, I could see them returning to the WCF, and possibly sneak into the Finals, where of course they'd get obliterated by Miami.

I disagree. Miami has a problem with teams who are very well coached. I actually think they could have won it all if they had beaten OKC in the WCF.

This year, the Spurs rookies have a little more experience and Green will not shit the bed this time around.

ElNono
11-05-2012, 11:05 PM
So I didn't read the entire thread mostly because I don't give a fuck what the others think (except MNP), but why does the OP think these other teams will get better and the Spurs won't? It's still beginning of the season.

OP merely pointed out the flukery involved in winning the first 3 games... not what the future holds, tbh

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2012, 11:08 PM
parker with 6 points today and won by 20, flukey as fcuk

SpursRock20
11-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Another fluke win against Indy tonight. They usually have our number but we somehow got lucky enough to win tonight. Gary Neal is not that good of a shooter, he got lucky on ALL of his shots tonight. If it wasn't for him the Spurs would have gotten destroyed. Come on Spurs, what a terrible start to the season :depressed

DMC
11-05-2012, 11:17 PM
OP merely pointed out the flukery involved in winning the first 3 games... not what the future holds, tbh

Then why point out the flukey wins and how "luck will run out" if you aren't saying other teams will get better and the Spurs will not keep pace?

DMC
11-05-2012, 11:22 PM
I disagree. Miami has a problem with teams who are very well coached. I actually think they could have won it all if they had beaten OKC in the WCF.

This year, the Spurs rookies have a little more experience and Green will not shit the bed this time around.

I will go on record now to say the Spurs will not get past the 1st round.

midnightpulp
11-05-2012, 11:23 PM
Only thing working in Spurs favor is experience? This is the same team as last year, when they swept the Clips...what was working in their favor then?

Um, but it's not the same Clippers team as last year. They made some nice additions to their roster while the Spurs stood pat, got older, and didn't lynch Matt Bonner.

ElNono
11-05-2012, 11:27 PM
Then why point out the flukey wins and how "luck will run out" if you aren't saying other teams will get better and the Spurs will not keep pace?

already explained in the thread...read it

DMC
11-05-2012, 11:43 PM
already explained in the thread...read it

No I'm not going to go that far.

DAF86
11-06-2012, 12:09 AM
Um, but it's not the same Clippers team as last year. They made some nice additions to their roster while the Spurs stood pat, got older, and didn't lynch Matt Bonner.

I don't care if they added Jesus, after the sweep last season I can't say that they "beat the Spurs on paper".

Relevancy
11-06-2012, 01:03 PM
No fluke wins, the spurs have dominated throughout which is encouraging. We'll have to see where there at by the end of the season tho.

Arcadian
11-07-2012, 12:14 AM
[...]a fluke 3 pointer from Parker to sneak out with a W.

[...]again need a fluke 3 pointer from Parker,

The irony of calling something a fluke when it occurs once, and then calling it a fluke when it occurs again is just golden.

Of course, the definition of a fluke is something that is unlikely to occur frequently...and you're applying it to something that occurred in consecutive games. That's hilarious man, a real knee slapper.

ElNono
11-07-2012, 01:21 AM
The irony of calling something a fluke when it occurs once, and then calling it a fluke when it occurs again is just golden.

Of course, the definition of a fluke is something that is unlikely to occur frequently...and you're applying it to something that occurred in consecutive games. That's hilarious man, a real knee slapper.

Matt Bonner hit 2 three pointers in the playoffs too, once... in the big scheme of things, it's still a fluke...

Reck
11-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Yo Nono so you weren't kidding when you made this thread?

I thought you were mocking the haters. :cry