PDA

View Full Version : Knicks: Buy or sell: Knickerbockers' defense

DeadlyDynasty
11-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Just a fast start, or something more to it? Will Amare stunt their growth?

DPG21920
11-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, NY was one of the top def eff teams last year, so I have to buy it. Yes, I think Amare will harm this team.

DeadlyDynasty
11-05-2012, 09:32 PM
DPG right bout det Bosh-Amare comparison.

thunderup
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
Too early to tell.

jeebus
11-05-2012, 09:37 PM
just wait til Amare returns and fucks everything up.

Reck
11-05-2012, 09:40 PM
just wait til Amare returns and fucks everything up.

They just need to have a few fire extinguishers within sight of Amare and he'll take care of himself.

He's one dumb motherfucker.

DPG21920
11-05-2012, 09:58 PM
DPG right bout det Bosh-Amare comparison.

Yup. Bosh is doing so well. He's really crapped on a bunch of haters.

Pelicans78
11-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Buy. Like DPG said, they were pretty good last season.

Latarian Milton
11-05-2012, 10:10 PM
tbh they have no excuse to not play good defense when they have dat big daddy TC on their squad.

Clipper Nation
11-05-2012, 10:27 PM
Tbh, the old shits are catching teams napping in that early part of the season, but it's only a matter of time before they start getting tired and Melo starts chucking, tbh... gonna have to sell at this point...

Ace
11-05-2012, 10:40 PM
They will be solid defensively but will not stay at the level they are playing at now. Of course if Amar'e could ruin that.

Chinook
11-05-2012, 10:53 PM
The real questions is: How long will it take for the Knicks to send Amare to Houston?

ElNono
11-05-2012, 11:04 PM
Well, NY was one of the top def eff teams last year, so I have to buy it. Yes, I think Amare will harm this team.

this... they were solid last year already... having Chandler helps

DJ Mbenga
11-05-2012, 11:15 PM
amare really should come off the bench but his ego wont allow it. its gonna be fun when woodson tries it and he says fuck this shit.
i remember when phil jackson did it to odom. his first respons was(im paraprhasing) he must have a head problem i dont know what he is talking about.

ambchang
11-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Buy of course. Chandler has shown how much of a defensive anchor he has been. Championship winning defense in Dallas, and completely turned around the Knicks defense last year.

Underrated guy, tbqh.

scanry
11-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Yup. Bosh is doing so well. He's really crapped on a bunch of haters.

Yeah it's now pretty evident that Wade is the three banana. Heck a hot Ray Allen could bump him up to 4th best. Wade has declined at a pretty astonishing rate. I don't know why and he only played 2 yrs at Marquette. I will not be surprised if Riley trades his a$$ next summer.

scanry
11-06-2012, 10:45 AM
amare really should come off the bench but his ego wont allow it. its gonna be fun when woodson tries it and he says fuck this shit.
i remember when phil jackson did it to odom. his first respons was(im paraprhasing) he must have a head problem i dont know what he is talking about.

It worked for Odom because he was making 9-10 mil/yr, but Amare is making $20 mil. I would rather they trade Amare to Toronto or Philly and get some decent players/picks back.

Raven
11-06-2012, 11:29 AM
i'll always bet against melo, that's one rule in basketball like "spurs will win 50 games " or "lakers will have referees on their side"..

Ace
11-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Yeah it's now pretty evident that Wade is the three banana. Heck a hot Ray Allen could bump him up to 4th best. Wade has declined at a pretty astonishing rate. I don't know why and he only played 2 yrs at Marquette. I will not be surprised if Riley trades his a$$ next summer.
Huh? Have you seen any Heat games this year? Wade is scoring less but he still doing so efficiently. He has been solid defensively as well. The whole team is not playing up to their potential yet but either way Wade looks healthy.

MattBonnerExperience
11-06-2012, 12:27 PM
I think it's funny how amar'e is the only reason the knicks are relevant, and now he's one of the main reasons they aren't a contender

whitemamba
11-06-2012, 12:54 PM

hes making 20 million dollars, no way hes coming of the bench, ur right his ego will not allow it.
phil jackson has his way, used his zen on lamars ass

scanry
11-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Huh? Have you seen any Heat games this year? Wade is scoring less but he still doing so efficiently. He has been solid defensively as well. The whole team is not playing up to their potential yet but either way Wade looks healthy.

Son i'll bet my last dollar that if Wade had handed over the reigns to Lebron in 10-11, the Heat would be looking to three peat right about now. I'm as big a Wade fan as you, but it's pretty evident to see his decline. He's now entering a Manu Ginobili phase that we saw from 07-11.

Coming back to the you, don't you think he's now the third option on offense?

Technique
11-06-2012, 09:47 PM
There's nothing early about this motivated Knicks team, they're only going to get better with Shump and Amar'e coming back. As bad as everyone wants to make out Amar'e to be people forget that it was with Felton that Amar'e scored 10 30+ points games in a row for the Knicks record. Felton will welcome Amar'e back with open arms.

People thought Felton was trash when he was in Portland and were laughing at the Knicks decision to keep him over Lin, but I knew all along this kid loves to play for NY and he'll be motivated with a chip on his shoulder.

This Knicks team has championship pedigree, they're ready now.

rayjayjohnson
11-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Nets should roll the dice and trade for Amare. He might recapture some shine with a decent PG.

rayjayjohnson
11-07-2012, 05:46 AM
There's nothing early about this motivated Knicks team, they're only going to get better with Shump and Amar'e coming back. As bad as everyone wants to make out Amar'e to be people forget that it was with Felton that Amar'e scored 10 30+ points games in a row for the Knicks record. Felton will welcome Amar'e back with open arms.

People thought Felton was trash when he was in Portland and were laughing at the Knicks decision to keep him over Lin, but I knew all along this kid loves to play for NY and he'll be motivated with a chip on his shoulder.

This Knicks team has championship pedigree, they're ready now.

that was before felton ate 30+ hotdogs

Chinook
11-07-2012, 09:39 AM

For me, it's not about whether Amare is still a good player. I give him tons of credit for being a legitimate star for the Knicks before they got Carmelo. But the issue is that they really can't play together. The numbers bear that out. Carmelo is really not as effective at the 3 as he used to be, and which Chandler playing the way he has been, Amare has no place. Would the three of them make for a good bigman rotation? There's a good chance that they could. But Amare isn't going to come off the bench, and starting him instead of either of the others would torpedo the Knicks' chemistry.

They just need to get rid of him. It doesn't really matter what they get so long as he gets moved. The problem is that the Knicks have 15 players already, so it's going to be hard to make salaries match. Also, they'd have to wait about a month and change until they can trade the players they signed as free agents.

Ace
11-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Son i'll bet my last dollar that if Wade had handed over the reigns to Lebron in 10-11, the Heat would be looking to three peat right about now. I'm as big a Wade fan as you, but it's pretty evident to see his decline. He's now entering a Manu Ginobili phase that we saw from 07-11.

If LeBron had even managed his career numbers they could be looking at a 3 peat.

Ace
11-07-2012, 09:06 PM

Wade doing work tonight :toast