PDA

View Full Version : After hearing the media soundbytes from Kerry's...

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 11:50 AM
...Cincinnati speech, yesterday, for the umpteenth time; one of his "new" themes really resonated with me and others:

John F. Kerry:

"And if there's one thing that I learned from my own experience in a war, I would never have gone to war without a plan to win the peace.
Sometimes I think the Demoncrats just says things that they believe have a nice ring to them or have been favorably focus-grouped.

But, consider what he's saying, measured against what we know about his personal history. He says he learned from his own experience in war (Vietnam, in case you weren't sure which war -- that's right, going from saying "Vietnam" to referring to "a war" is his way of following Cholesterol's advice to STFU about Vietnam) that you never go to war without a plan to win the peace.

I'm not going to repeat in detail here what I consider to be the absurdity of the claim that you can have a plan to win a peace before you have even begun the war; I think my signature says it all very succinctly. Anyway, I think that's liberal speak and gibberish. But apart from that what can we infer that he "learned from Vietnam," uh, I mean, "a war," based on his own ideas about winning the peace in that place whose name has been stricken from his campaign?

Well, this is the same John Kerry who came home and told the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, as well as the Dick Cavett audience in his debate with John O'Neill, that he believed we should withdraw our troops right away. When pressed by O'Neill about the inevitable blood bath and refugee problems that would ensue, Kerry pooh poohed and scoffed at O'Neill, dismissing that the Communists would slaughter the South Vietnamese, and other peoples of Indochina. He was inclined to take the Communists at their word. We all now know the rest of the story and it isn't pretty, especially for John Kerry. When we did withdraw our troops from South Vietnam -- much later than Kerry had recommended, it should be noted -- the Communists massacred millions of innocent people and caused on overwhelming refugee problem.

This is the legacy of Kerry-style liberalism, which forced us to fight that war to lose it in the first place, which railed against it stateside to the point that we lost all will to fight it, and which forced us, ultimately to withdraw and leave the South Vietnamese defenseless. This is the legacy that John Kerry still boasts about today, though he'll give you a slightly different version of it. And this is the the way John Kerry plans to win the peace. So the next time you hear John Kerry criticizing President Bush for not having a plan to win the peace in Iraq, just remember Vietnam, the Senator's favorite subject, and understand that the only peace he ever had a plan for winning and even directly participted in (by illegially negotating with the North Vietnamese), resulted in unspeakable horror.

Nbadan
09-09-2004, 01:19 PM
This is the legacy of Kerry-style liberalism, which forced us to fight that war to lose it in the first place, which railed against it stateside to the point that we lost all will to fight it, and which forced us, ultimately to withdraw and leave the South Vietnamese defenseless

:lol

Yeah, we lost the Vietnam war because of liberalism run amok.

Get a clue.

Yonivore
09-09-2004, 01:43 PM
We lost the war because we lost the will to fight it. We lost the will because John Kerry, and his ilk, were successfull in dividing a nation over our involvement in Southeast Asia and because he lied about what our soldiers were doing there.