PDA

View Full Version : Splitter or Blair?

Truckules
11-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Suppose Utah came along and offered Al Jefferson for Neal, S-Jax, and whoever the Spurs choose between Splitter and Blair. Who should they give up?

Arcadian
11-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Blair because he and Jefferson have similar builds. We need a long 7-footer (or 6-10, whatever the case may be) to back up Duncan.

DAF86
11-05-2012, 11:13 PM
We don't need Al Jefferson tbh.

But if any trade happens the one that needs to go is Blair, I don't care how many double-double he has on the regular season, the guy is a liability and I'm hoping the reason Pop played him so much today was to shop him around.

Em-City
11-05-2012, 11:16 PM
i would cry because Sjax should retire a spur

Chinook
11-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Splitter. Jefferson can only play the 5 nowadays. He couldn't start with Duncan nor could he play with Splitter very easily. So Tiago would become useless. At least Dejuan has the potential to play the 4, and heck, Al may be more used to having a short PF next to him anyway.

Truckules
11-05-2012, 11:28 PM
Blair because he and Jefferson have similar builds. We need a long 7-footer (or 6-10, whatever the case may be) to back up Duncan.

Actually, Jefferson is closer to Splitter in build than Blair. Jefferson and Splitter's standing reach and wingspan are nearly identical.

Kidd K
11-05-2012, 11:32 PM
They would likely ask for Splitter, if they had to choose between the two.

jesterbobman
11-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Can we ask for Millsap instead, if this is hypothetical. He's not a center, but he rebounds well, and can cover LeBron, KD(When the Thunder go small) and those guys really well. There are other teams than the Lakers to put up with.

rasho8
11-05-2012, 11:56 PM
Can't we just trade Bonner?

Truckules
11-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Can we ask for Millsap instead, if this is hypothetical. He's not a center, but he rebounds well, and can cover LeBron, KD(When the Thunder go small) and those guys really well. There are other teams than the Lakers to put up with.

You'd have to throw in Raja Bell to make the salaries match but sure. My question is essentially asking which big man has the better future with the Spurs.

Truckules
11-06-2012, 12:02 AM
Can't we just trade Bonner?

No one wants Bonner. :depressed

"I do." :pop:

letmk
11-06-2012, 12:32 AM
I might be willing to part with Jack for Varejao, but not Al Jefferson. Overall, it's hard to say who is better between Jefferson and Varejao. But for Spurs, we need Varejao for defense, rebound and more importantly, his Manu-like all-over-the-court hustle. While Jefferson's offense skill is nice to have, it's not what prevents the Spurs from going over to the top.

Plus, as good as Leonard is playing, we need Jack to throw at Durant and James when Leonard is outplayed defensively or gets into foul trouble. Plus, Leonard and Jack makes up an acceptable small-ball line-up combination, unlike what we used to have with Finley or RJ at 4.

Truckules
11-06-2012, 12:57 AM
I might be willing to part with Jack for Varejao, but not Al Jefferson. Overall, it's hard to say who is better between Jefferson and Varejao. But for Spurs, we need Varejao for defense, rebound and more importantly, his Manu-like all-over-the-court hustle. While Jefferson's offense skill is nice to have, it's not what prevents the Spurs from going over to the top.

Plus, as good as Leonard is playing, we need Jack to throw at Durant and James when Leonard is outplayed defensively or gets into foul trouble. Plus, Leonard and Jack makes up an acceptable small-ball line-up combination, unlike what we used to have with Finley or RJ at 4.

I don't think there's a package the Spurs could offer Cleveland that would net them Varejao unless it had one of Tim, Tony, Manu, or Kawhi in it. The Varejao ship has sailed.

Edit: Only if the Cavs are desperate for cap space for next year will they trade Jack for Varejao.

letmk
11-06-2012, 01:07 AM
I don't think there's a package the Spurs could offer Cleveland that would net them Varejao unless it had one of Tim, Tony, Manu, or Kawhi in it. The Varejao ship has sailed.

Edit: Only if the Cavs are desperate for cap space for next year will they trade Jack for Varejao.

I don't think it's realistic either. All I was saying is just a continuation of the hypo in OP.

silverblk mystix
11-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Wrong question- Bonner should go- but it won't happen.

ElNono
11-06-2012, 01:08 AM
Don't trade Jax and maybe I'll think about it

gee
11-06-2012, 01:13 AM
Rather keep Jax than lose him for Jefferson.

MaNu4Tres
11-06-2012, 04:19 AM
Some people are waaay too results oriented in the short run. Donkeys.

Johnny RIngo
11-06-2012, 07:52 AM
Splitter had a stretch of some really great games last season. That alone is keeping me hopeful that he could be very good player in the NBA. I just wish he wouldn't finish so soft around the rim - Seems like he's going to get blocked half the time. Blair hasn't been a useful Spur since his rookie season.

quentin_compson
11-06-2012, 08:17 AM
Is the poll question about which player to keep or which player to trade? Anyway, Splitter should be kept if the FO actually could choose between him and Blair for an identical trade offer.

-21-
11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
We don't need another trade for a Jefferson.