PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Is Kawhi Leonard a legitimate All Star starter?

ElNono
11-05-2012, 11:38 PM
Kid is just 4 games into his second season and dominating with his perimeter D... Probably 2nd best perimeter defender league-wide after Lebron.

He's also an integral part of the undefeated, record-setting San Antonio Spurs. If he doesn't get the nod the league is rigged, tbh

Trainwreck2100
11-05-2012, 11:40 PM
if his name was kawai ching chong bing bong he'd be a shoo in tbqh

irishock
11-06-2012, 12:20 AM
if his name was kawai ching chong bing bong he'd be a shoo in tbqh

kawai is cute in Jap
xiao is little in chinese
baichi is bitch in chinese

Jeremy Lin
Kobe Bryant
kawai xiaobiachi
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

AussieFanKurt
11-06-2012, 12:21 AM
I doubt it but he has potential

scanry
11-06-2012, 01:02 AM
His ceiling is ala Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili. He can probably sneak into the All Star game 2 or 3 times in his career, but he's not a legitimate All star though, let alone a starter.

ElNono
11-06-2012, 01:07 AM
His ceiling is ala Tony Parker/Manu Ginobili. He can probably sneak into the All Star game 2 or 3 times in his career, but he's not a legitimate All star though, let alone a starter.

:depressed

gee
11-06-2012, 01:37 AM
He will be all star calibre talent, not that talent is what gets you on the starting lineup of the all-star teams.
I'm real excited about his future, it's given us something to look forward to post-Duncan / Ginobili, but I do believe he will have greatly increased his skills before their retirement even happens, they've both a few years left in them.

baseline bum
11-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Fuck the all-star game; haters will see what time it is when he's hoisting the Finals MVP after game 4 at the AAA when the Spurs sweep LeBron again.

rayjayjohnson
11-06-2012, 05:44 AM
starter? no, no one will vote for him

bench? not this year. he's too young and not flashy like blake. next year maybe

Raven
11-06-2012, 06:02 AM
no he is not. No sopho should really be an all star anyway and we have timmy, love, aldridge, durant and company at least set.

thunderfan
11-06-2012, 07:58 AM
He seems to be a pretty solid player, but he's nowhere near even making the roster, much less starting.

RudyRay
11-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Not quite yet...

ambchang
11-06-2012, 10:14 AM
This turned into a racist rant pretty quick.

Trainwreck2100
11-06-2012, 11:20 AM
This turned into a racist rant pretty quick.

?????

rayjayjohnson
11-07-2012, 02:18 AM
no he is not. No sopho should really be an all star anyway and we have timmy, love, aldridge, durant and company at least set.

Tim isn't a lock. Spursfan needs to accept this.

whitemamba
11-07-2012, 03:38 AM

:lol

rayjayjohnson
11-07-2012, 04:40 AM
Don't get me wrong spursfan, Tim is one of the best of all time. But he's not at his best now. Same way Garnett and Kobe in a few years shouldn't be all stars either. Or Nash.

Kidd K
11-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Rudy Gay will get the call before Leonard. He's flashier and has a higher PPG. Those are the main prerequisettes for all star appearances tbh. So definitely not this year. Gonna have to be some pretty

If Duncan still has the same stats he does now that late in the season, there's a good chance of it. Not that I think he will, just sayin' 19/10 with Duncan's name on it will be hard to keep out.

Latarian Milton
11-07-2012, 08:10 AM
nigga is a solid squad player but its gonna be hard for him to make the reserve squad, let alone being a starter. the SF isn't supposed to score a lot in pop's system and is often required to play as a defensive hub, hence his stats won't qualify him for the ASG. as much of a pivot as bowen was to them spurs, he had never made the all-star squad.

Raven
11-07-2012, 09:02 AM

i'm not sayin he is, just sayin there's no way Leonard gets the call before Timmy..

Fireball
11-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Don't get me wrong spursfan, Tim is one of the best of all time. But he's not at his best now. Same way Garnett and Kobe in a few years shouldn't be all stars either. Or Nash.

so Garnett and Kobe are still at their best right now :lol

sorry, they should make room for younger players in the ASG as well ...

stretch
11-07-2012, 11:20 AM
Rudy Gay will get the call before Leonard. He's flashier and has a higher PPG. Those are the main prerequisettes for all star appearances tbh.

Or perhaps its because Rudy Gay is simply a superior player to Leonard.

pass1st
11-07-2012, 02:08 PM
No, maybe in four or five year if he continues to improve.

rayjayjohnson
11-07-2012, 02:26 PM
so Garnett and Kobe are still at their best right now :lol

sorry, they should make room for younger players in the ASG as well ...
Kobe still has a case, Garnett doesnt

Pelicans78
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
I'd give Danny Green the edge over Leonard tbh.

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
facepalm.jpg

ElNono
11-07-2012, 03:13 PM
facepalm.jpg

tbh, this thread was inspired by your comment about spurfan overrating some unknown player after they snatch a few wins in a row... :tu

Kidd K
11-07-2012, 03:40 PM

I didn't say he wasn't.

Pelicans78
11-07-2012, 04:04 PM
Rudy Gay is garbage. A volume scorer, nothing more. Whores up enough shots to get noticed.

stretch
11-07-2012, 04:23 PM
I didn't say he wasn't.

You didn't say he was either. You made a backhanded comment about how you can only make all-star games if you score and are flashy, and applied it to him without making any mention of him being a superior basketball player to Leonard. Seems more like you were trying to say Leonard would arguably be more deserving than Gay, but Gay will get in solely because he scores more and that's it. Is that not what you were implying?

No need to answer. If you say no, you're a liar and we all know it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Sup stretch

Paranoid Pop
11-07-2012, 04:44 PM
No, he should be in the rising star game tho.

ElNono
11-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Rudy Gay is garbage. A volume scorer, nothing more. Whores up enough shots to get noticed.

this, tbh.. plus he's extremely dumb. He single-handedly cost the Griz the 1st round series last season.

stretch
11-07-2012, 06:52 PM
Sup stretch

sup dude

ffadicted
11-07-2012, 07:04 PM

If he continues any resemblance of the basketball he's playing right now, he's a lock. Four games into the season and his age makes it hard to predict, but he seems to be showing no signs of stopping

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 07:06 PM
Even at this type of production, Tim has a better shot at all-NBA than All-Star. It's a popularity contest that has completely lost all it's luster IMO.

Kidd K
11-07-2012, 08:03 PM
You didn't say he was either. You made a backhanded comment about how you can only make all-star games if you score and are flashy, and applied it to him without making any mention of him being a superior basketball player to Leonard. Seems more like you were trying to say Leonard would arguably be more deserving than Gay, but Gay will get in solely because he scores more and that's it. Is that not what you were implying?

No need to answer. If you say no, you're a liar and we all know it.

I didn't need to say he's better. It's common sense. Any time someone uses two player's names in a paragraph, they don't have to point out their opinion on which one is the better player.

You drummed up the rest out of thin air so you'd have something to be offended about. I stated an observational opinion: If you're a flashy scorer, you're more likely to get in than if you're a rugged defender. That's it. Gay fits into that category far better than Leonard since Leonard's offense isn't that great.

What you're doing is called a straw man argument. You invent an argument and put words in someone's mouth, then you argue against that, when what the person said was actually completely different.

So no, I was not saying Gay will only get in because he can score and that's it. Rudy Gay, imo, is the best SF in the league after LeBron, Durant, and Melo. He's arguably better than Paul Pierce right now imo.

So go ahead and think your little paranoid straw man thoughts and assume that I was saying Gay was a shitty player who couldn't do anything but score. Nowhere did I say Leonard was the better player or more deserving of being in the all star game, nor have I ever indicated that in any post I've ever made about the guy on this forum or any other basketball forum I've ever gone to.

Instead, rather than act paranoid, you should've stopped to assume that I was saying Leonard's offense would never be close enough to Gay's to get the nod over him, regardless of how much his defense might improve. Which is what I was actually saying. I was talking shit about the selection process, not Rudy Gay.

symple19
11-07-2012, 08:21 PM
This Kidd K guy makes me want to push old people into traffic

stretch
11-08-2012, 01:03 AM
I didn't need to say he's better. It's common sense. Any time someone uses two player's names in a paragraph, they don't have to point out their opinion on which one is the better player.

You drummed up the rest out of thin air so you'd have something to be offended about. I stated an observational opinion: If you're a flashy scorer, you're more likely to get in than if you're a rugged defender. That's it. Gay fits into that category far better than Leonard since Leonard's offense isn't that great.

What you're doing is called a straw man argument. You invent an argument and put words in someone's mouth, then you argue against that, when what the person said was actually completely different.

So no, I was not saying Gay will only get in because he can score and that's it. Rudy Gay, imo, is the best SF in the league after LeBron, Durant, and Melo. He's arguably better than Paul Pierce right now imo.

So go ahead and think your little paranoid straw man thoughts and assume that I was saying Gay was a shitty player who couldn't do anything but score. Nowhere did I say Leonard was the better player or more deserving of being in the all star game, nor have I ever indicated that in any post I've ever made about the guy on this forum or any other basketball forum I've ever gone to.

Instead, rather than act paranoid, you should've stopped to assume that I was saying Leonard's offense would never be close enough to Gay's to get the nod over him, regardless of how much his defense might improve. Which is what I was actually saying. I was talking shit about the selection process, not Rudy Gay.

:rollin

completely wasting your time writing up a post which turns out to be completely moot considering the fact that i was calling out your faggoty crybaby attitude about the selection process, not Rudy Gay.

Kidd K
11-08-2012, 01:58 AM
:rollin

completely wasting your time writing up a post which turns out to be completely moot considering the fact that i was calling out your faggoty crybaby attitude about the selection process, not Rudy Gay.

It appears I did waste my time, since you're a worthless poster with no intentions of talking about basketball on a basketball forum. Instead, you, like many others here, will just call people "faggots" who make better posts than you 100% of the time since you never have a legit point to make about anything. Might's well just call people faggots since you can't post anything relevant, amiright?

Go back to your minimum wage job of greeting people at Wal Mart, imbecile.

Clipper Nation
11-08-2012, 02:15 AM
this, tbh.. plus he's extremely dumb. He single-handedly cost the Griz the 1st round series last season.
Not entirely true, :lolJ Mayo did his part in choking it up and Lionel Hollins got thoroughly outcoached by Vinny...

stretch
11-08-2012, 10:23 AM
It appears I did waste my time, since you're a worthless poster with no intentions of talking about basketball on a basketball forum. Instead, you, like many others here, will just call people "faggots" who make better posts than you 100% of the time since you never have a legit point to make about anything. Might's well just call people faggots since you can't post anything relevant, amiright?

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-08-2012, 10:33 AM

Latarian Milton
11-08-2012, 10:39 AM
seems to me though someone really wasted his time building up a wall of words in response to another post, which was rather brief and was basically made in an attempt of trolling

Ace
11-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Kidd K is a whiny little bitch tbh.

Kidd K
11-08-2012, 02:17 PM
You guys are a bunch of mamma's boys who always have shit takes. Your opinions about other posters are completely worthless.

stretch
11-08-2012, 03:52 PM
You guys are a bunch of mamma's boys who always have shit takes. Your opinions about other posters are completely worthless.

apalisoc_9
06-21-2013, 09:08 AM
:flag:

apalisoc_9
11-11-2014, 01:47 PM
bump

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 01:55 PM
Better then Enrique, at least he will earn it, unlike Enrique who was given a spot cause spurs need to be presented at ask

All said and done kl is already top 3 spur all time, his 3 years surpass whatever Enrique contrived today

DAF86
11-11-2014, 02:02 PM

Or maybe not.

Expert
11-11-2014, 05:28 PM
All Star isn't legit tbh

Mel_13
11-11-2014, 05:42 PM
From Nov 6, 2012:

Fuck the all-star game; haters will see what time it is when he's hoisting the Finals MVP after game 4 at the AAA when the Spurs sweep LeBron again.

apalisoc_9
11-11-2014, 05:45 PM
From Nov 6, 2012:

:wow

FkLA
11-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Damn, I missed yesterday's game. Has anyone posted game highlights of Kawhi yet ?

FkLA
11-11-2014, 05:58 PM

:worthy:

baseline bum
11-11-2014, 06:11 PM
Damn, my prediction was off by four free throws. :lol

Phillip
11-11-2014, 06:15 PM
Or maybe not.

FkLA
11-11-2014, 06:21 PM
I think he certainly has a place in the NBA, and will consistently be a solid role player, but that's about it. Nothing wrong with that though. I'd say more of a Shane Battier, Tony Allen type of player. Mostly defense, capable of putting up some points when his team needs him to, but not necessarily a scorer.

http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/heh.png

Silver&Black
11-11-2014, 06:42 PM
All said and done kl is already top 3 spur all time

:wow

hater
11-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Better then Enrique, at least he will earn it, unlike Enrique who was given a spot cause spurs need to be presented at ask

All said and done kl is already top 3 spur all time, his 3 years surpass whatever Enrique contrived today

you seriously think Stern believed the Spurs deserved a spot in his Allstar Games???? :lmao wow

hater
11-11-2014, 09:07 PM

tbh, this thread was inspired by your comment about spurfan overrating some unknown player after they snatch a few wins in a row... :tu

facepalm.jpg

ElNono
11-11-2014, 09:26 PM
2012 thread nigga... :lol

baseline bum
11-11-2014, 10:10 PM
2012 thread nigga... :lol

I still got it!

Venti Quattro
11-11-2014, 10:11 PM
Still isn't

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2014, 11:33 PM
you seriously think Stern believed the Spurs deserved a spot in his Allstar Games???? :lmao wow

when u have the best record, u must have at leasts 1 guy in t he asg

show me any record where a player on a top seed team didnt make the asg besides injury?

enriques and ginobolis asg appearances... = participation awards

DMC
11-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Using a popularity contest to judge talent is historically retarded.

KobeOwnsDuncan
02-20-2015, 09:26 AM
:lmao

jeebus
02-20-2015, 09:37 AM
When he's in full beta mode like last night, he looks like a $3 million a year player with the ceiling of Rapist Neal.

lefty
02-20-2015, 10:09 AM
As i expected, his head got too big after winning the FMVP and he has become nonchalant

Take him out of the starting lineup and see how he reacts