PDA

View Full Version : World War Z

jeebus
11-06-2012, 08:25 AM
did a half assed search and didn't see any threads about it. the first teaser trailer is out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3hYKPt0uJQ

thoughts? I read the book a few times and was excited they were turning it into a movie. From what I heard early on though, it'll be different from the book as it said Pitt's character will be looking to stop the zombie infection. it looks pretty fuckin full blown in those clips, so I don't know what's going on.

SA210
11-08-2012, 08:52 PM
:tu I will be there day 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ

redzero
11-08-2012, 10:59 PM
^ Inception music isn't played out at all...

jeebus
11-08-2012, 11:35 PM
I'll see it no matter what but I'm just hoping they don't fuck things up too badly.

GoodOdor
11-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Book was awesome, and I'm a fan of Pitt, so fuck yeah.

hehateme
11-09-2012, 12:33 AM
here's hoping they lump most of the book in so as not to confuse what happens to the post apocalyptic world..i.e Cuba becoming a democracy and having the best banking system.

SA210
11-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Can't wait to see it, my problem is it pretty much looks PG:13 and a bit too much CG looking on the zombies. But it's Pitt, so I'll give it a watch.

UZER
11-09-2012, 08:20 AM
Anyone else tired of BWAAAAAAAAAAA..........BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA.........BWA AAAAAAAAA........sound effect being used in trailers? Thanks Prometheus!

jeebus
11-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Anyone else tired of BWAAAAAAAAAAA..........BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA.........BWA AAAAAAAAA........sound effect being used in trailers? Thanks Prometheus!
oh dude, Prometheus took that to a whole new, annoying level. I don't mind the reuse of inception music as it's something different from other trailer music that's been reused for 20 years. but Prometheus....sweet God, that screeching alone turned me off to the movie.

johnsmith
11-09-2012, 10:50 AM
I had never heard of this, but after watching the trailer and googling the book, I can't wait.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-09-2012, 11:40 AM
I would be a little more pissed off if a cop smashed off my mirror.

jeebus
03-25-2013, 08:47 AM
new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EC7P5WdUko

I'm cautiously optimistic. Could be really good or really bad.

spurs_fan_in_exile
03-25-2013, 10:46 AM
The production was reportedly a pretty epic boondoggle. That seldom bodes well for the finished product. Could end up following 2003's "Hulk" pattern. Pitt will get the asses in the seats for the opening weekend and word of mouth will make sales drop off a cliff after that. If that's the case it could be the thing that finally pops the zombie bubble of the last few years.

Fabbs
03-25-2013, 10:50 AM
Will wait to hear from y'all.
Looked too forced, trying to go emo when it wasn't there.

CuckingFunt
03-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Could go horribly, horribly wrong, of course, but it at least looks like an interesting take on the genre.

jeebus
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Will wait to hear from y'all.
Looked too forced, trying to go emo when it wasn't there.
I'm definitely gonna go see it as I'm a huge fan of the book. I'm really hoping they're not going for some cure thing like the walking dead or whatever cuz that's been done to death.

SA210
03-25-2013, 01:19 PM
CG'ed out like a mother****** and PG-13 for a zombie film sucks so bad, it's ridiculous. What CG has done to film is a disgrace.

But....Brad Pitt is a bad-ass. So, I look forward to it and will watch it for that reason alone. If it were almost anyone else, I wouldn't give a shit, at all.

CubanSucks
03-25-2013, 03:24 PM
The whole family aspect looks shitty as fuck. I rolled my eyes so hard at those first 18 sec I think I pulled a muscle. Hopefully this is the zombie genre going out with an epic bang but I'd wager it being more of the climax of a slow and ugly death. Still, it looks pretty..meh. Give me 28 Days/Weeks and Dawn of the Dead

Darius McCrary
03-25-2013, 03:30 PM
With all the script rewrites, this has little chance of being good. Looks like Mel Brooks' son will end the zombie trend.

symple19
03-26-2013, 08:15 AM
Book was great but it still looks like pure shit. They should have just taken one of the stories from the book (like the Indian General) and turned it into a movie.

Hollywood fucking up books per-par

lol Brad Pitt in a zombie movie

lol PG-13

jeebus
06-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Fuck Lincoln's gay thread. this is the original

jeebus
06-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Since I've seen it, I'll address these issues.

CG'ed out like a mother****** and PG-13 for a zombie film sucks so bad, it's ridiculous. What CG has done to film is a disgrace.

But....Brad Pitt is a bad-ass. So, I look forward to it and will watch it for that reason alone. If it were almost anyone else, I wouldn't give a shit, at all.
tbh the only CG zombies were the hoard scenes, and that mainly took place in Israel. Everything else was makeup and acting.

The whole family aspect looks shitty as fuck. I rolled my eyes so hard at those first 18 sec I think I pulled a muscle. Hopefully this is the zombie genre going out with an epic bang but I'd wager it being more of the climax of a slow and ugly death. Still, it looks pretty..meh. Give me 28 Days/Weeks and Dawn of the Dead
Only family part of the movie was when they started out in the city and it wasn't too facepalming. After that, the "family" bit boiled down to 1 minute phone calls, which kinda made you want the wife to die. :lol

With all the script rewrites, this has little chance of being good. Looks like Mel Brooks' son will end the zombie trend.
You can tell when the rewrites happened, with how it ended. But from what I hear about the original ending(Pitt having a massive 1 against all tired ending), this one is acceptable.

Book was great but it still looks like pure shit. They should have just taken one of the stories from the book (like the Indian General) and turned it into a movie.

Hollywood fucking up books per-par

lol Brad Pitt in a zombie movie

lol PG-13
I thought they did pretty good with the PG13. There was no blood to see so that was kind of a downer. I think they're going for "fun for all ages" moneyraker instead of hardcore R. Still a decent flick.

7.5/10

Lincoln
06-21-2013, 06:04 PM
Fuxk u nigga

SA210
06-21-2013, 06:06 PM
I just saw it, it was pretty good. My only gripe is what I already said, I wish it was rated R.

jeebus
06-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Fuxk u nigga
http://i.imgur.com/bIuAEpu.gif

I just saw it, it was pretty good. My only gripe is what I already said, I wish it was rated R.
guaranteed if it had the appropriate amount of gore, it would've been R.

Quadzilla99
06-21-2013, 08:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/bIuAEpu.gif

http://i.imgur.com/hP9VJhB.gif

MannyIsGod
06-22-2013, 08:37 PM
Spoilers are coming.

If I had been sitting closer to the end of the aisle I would have walked out. I knew it wasn't going to be like the book but this was just shit. The first hour isn't that bad, but the movie just really goes to hell after that. I honestly don't have a problem suspending disbelief in most movies but I really did here. The idea that a fucking virus that turns you into UNDEAD is going to avoid you because you're not 100% healthy is fucking ridiculously unbelievable to me. That whole premise ruined a lot of the movie to me. My theater cracked up with the stupid teeth chattering. The Pepsi product placement was laughable.

I liked it up till after Isreal. The longer they went with the epic scope of things the better. When they boiled it down to stupidity and being in one lab against a few zombies that can't break through glass (when the early ones were fucking supermen) it just was stupid.

lefty
06-22-2013, 11:19 PM
:lol at people going to a theater to watch that movie

jag
06-23-2013, 12:36 AM
It wasn't so bad if you don't take it too seriously. Saw it tonight.

Yes, lefty, in a theater.

symple19
06-23-2013, 12:45 AM
I thought they did pretty good with the PG13. There was no blood to see so that was kind of a downer. I think they're going for "fun for all ages" moneyraker instead of hardcore R. Still a decent flick.

7.5/10

Well, I suppose a decent rating from you is worth me watching. No way I'm paying theatre prices, though.

Glad to hear it's not a CGI/family, faggot-fest

jeebus
06-23-2013, 09:11 AM
It wasn't so bad if you don't take it too seriously. Saw it tonight.

Yes, lefty, in a theater.
I don't see how people can take a zombie movie seriously. "Well I can believe the dead reanimate and that no country on earth will be able to protect themselves against it but not being able to break safety glass and using medicine to be camouflaged goes too far!"

:lol it's hollywood. it's a summer flick. you're not watching a true story; you're going to be entertained

MannyIsGod
06-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Thats pretty stupid logic, TBH. Its not too much for to ask for a movie to be consistent. Sure, you're going to watch something that is pure fantasy but that doesn't mean you just dismiss every non logical thing you see on screen when the movie set a completely different precedent at the onset. You certainly can and if you can dismiss the way the zombie's behave in the end not making much sense with the rules the movie sets in the beginning then you will likely enjoy this movie more than you would otherwise. But lets not act like asking a movie to retain some of the rules it sets for itself is some kind of unrealistic goal.

MaNu4Tres
06-24-2013, 02:10 AM
Epic fail. Agree with manny

mojorizen7
06-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Good cinema is entertainment. Great cinema is a film that leave's you thinking.
TV is garbage.

mojorizen7
06-24-2013, 05:16 AM
Meh...
If you want reality watch a network tv drama. Oh wait...nevermind, don't.

Come on people,the same folks that are complaining about realism and plot holes in films like WWZ are slobbering all over the DC/Marvel comic films that have dominated over the last 10 years.

Spur|n|Austin
06-24-2013, 07:10 AM
At this point I'm glad I chose Man of Steel over this - I'd still like to read the book before catching it on blue ray.

Jacob1983
06-25-2013, 01:34 AM
I guess I'm in the minority. I liked this movie. I thought Brad Pitt did a surprisingly good job as the zombie fighting hero. Everyone has been taking shits on this movie and saying it was awful. I thought it was unique because the zombies were very fast and somewhat smart with climbing on top of each other to get over walls and being attracted to sound. I loved it when Brad Pitt walked in that hallway with all of the zombies running by him after he injected himself with the sickness, like a boss. And that Pepsi vending machine was epic. That chick from The Killing looked really cute in this movie. I laughed at the part about her being British in the movie. This movie is a good entertaining summer movie. If you are expecting Saving Private Ryan or The Godfather, just stay home. If you like Brad Pitt and zombie movies, go see this movie. 7/10