PDA

View Full Version : State of redskin nation

Lincoln
11-06-2012, 08:51 AM
We fuckin suck. Injuries to key starters have closed the door on a promising season especially on the defensive side with Orakpo and Carriker going down. The injury and suspensions to meriweather and Jackson made the secondary that much weaker and with no pass rush, they're getting exposed.

The offense looked fine even running the gimmicky college sets until our main receiving weapon Fred Davis went down for the season and Garçon playing in just 2 series this year. The line play has went from above average to below average the past 2 weeks. The three bright spots have been Trent Williams becoming the franchise LT we thought he would, Morris being a huge steal and great addition in the backfield despite being slow as fuck, and RG3 having a solid rookie year.

I know Jim Haslett is working with what he has and he is playing many backups or even 3 stringers but he has got to go. The defense has only gotten worse since he's been here and this 3-4 he's installed is terrible. It's not just this tenure with Washington either, he's had shit defenses in his other tenures around the league. At 3-6, it would almost be impossible to make the playoffs now so coming outta the bye, I'd like for them to develop RG3 as a drop back passer. No more gimmicky bullshit tbh. Just afraid that Mike has lost the locker room with the comments he said.

7-9

Lincoln
11-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Since Mike has gotten here, he's gotten quality depth but just needs more star power. The RG3 trade will limit our future with the lack of first rounders but he has proven he can draft strong players in the later rounds. The whole Mara cap gate bullshit is what really hurts this team IMO, it sets them a whole year back.

Main priorities this offseason:

-Get more receiving threats, mainly a speed guy so RG3 can use his great deep ball.

-Get a safety...corners are fine but the amount of big plays this year is hilarious. I believe DeAngelo Hall is out though.

-Get a RT, it's sad seeing polumbus get raped every play

-Get a new LB, Riley isn't the answer and this looks like the end for London. The brain is there but the legs ain't sadly

Lincoln
11-06-2012, 08:58 AM
:lol at least the eagles and cowboys suck ass too

Bigzax
11-06-2012, 10:21 AM
Our defense is swiss cheese and RGIII can only do so much with his top 2 targets gone. I'll take it one game at a time and enjoy the bye. Lotsa division games left to play.

gaKNOW!blee
11-06-2012, 10:35 AM
Tannehill + draft picks > rg3 + no future

MannyIsGod
11-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Was always going to be hard to having a winning season this year. There's a lot of reason to be optimistic going forward.

Lincoln
11-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Was always going to be hard to having a winning season this year. There's a lot of reason to be optimistic going forward.

Outside of a stud RB and QB, who do we really have? The secondary sucks ass, this is probably London's last year, Kerrigan is great but he can't do shit without Orakpo, Orakpo is made out of glass, the receiving corps is very inconsistent/too young, and the right side of the O Line can't be relied on.

At least we finally found a kicker. It's goin to be very tough without first rounders and the cap penalty next yr. Haslett and smith need to go tbh, I'm fine with shanny finishing his 5 years

Ditty
11-11-2012, 01:55 AM
It's alright still going to cheer my ass off on thanksgiving day in cowboys stadium

excited about our future especially when our defense becomes average and haslett is gone

mojorizen7
11-11-2012, 04:06 AM
We fuckin suck. Injuries to key starters have closed the door on a promising season especially on the defensive side with Orakpo and Carriker going down. The injury and suspensions to meriweather and Jackson made the secondary that much weaker and with no pass rush, they're getting exposed.

The offense looked fine even running the gimmicky college sets until our main receiving weapon Fred Davis went down for the season and Garçon playing in just 2 series this year. The line play has went from above average to below average the past 2 weeks. The three bright spots have been Trent Williams becoming the franchise LT we thought he would, Morris being a huge steal and great addition in the backfield despite being slow as fuck, and RG3 having a solid rookie year.

I know Jim Haslett is working with what he has and he is playing many backups or even 3 stringers but he has got to go. The defense has only gotten worse since he's been here and this 3-4 he's installed is terrible. It's not just this tenure with Washington either, he's had shit defenses in his other tenures around the league. At 3-6, it would almost be impossible to make the playoffs now so coming outta the bye, I'd like for them to develop RG3 as a drop back passer. No more gimmicky bullshit tbh. Just afraid that Mike has lost the locker room with the comments he said.

7-9

...and we'll take those draft picks the next couple years, thank you very much.

MannyIsGod
11-11-2012, 04:33 AM
Outside of a stud RB and QB, who do we really have? The secondary sucks ass, this is probably London's last year, Kerrigan is great but he can't do shit without Orakpo, Orakpo is made out of glass, the receiving corps is very inconsistent/too young, and the right side of the O Line can't be relied on.

At least we finally found a kicker. It's goin to be very tough without first rounders and the cap penalty next yr. Haslett and smith need to go tbh, I'm fine with shanny finishing his 5 years

Well, having a stud QB and a young stud RB (who stays healthy) is a huge plus. You also have some good pieces on the Oline (Twilliams). Most importantly you an build a team around RG3. The skins haven't had that in decades.

Honestly if our front 7 an stay healthy we're gonna have a good base on D for a long time to come. Thats a big if though.

Lincoln
11-11-2012, 11:01 AM
I ain't a big fan of the 3-4 tho. If you can't get any pressure QBs will have time to pick the secondary apart

Lincoln
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Obviously Orakpo and Carriker play a big part in creating pressure but the d has been mediocre since the switcg