PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Richards joins Asseco Prokom Gdynia (Poland)

iminol
11-06-2012, 12:12 PM
#GoSpursGo (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoSpursGo&src=hash) RT @SportandoBasket (https://twitter.com/SportandoBasket) OFFICIAL: Ryan Richards joins Asseco Prokom Gdynia

OK. Not sure it's news on thread but... I'll give you link live here to watch him in Poland.
Asseco plays in Euroleague as well.

tp2021
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
You should totally post that in this thread:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176672

:)

TDMVPDPOY
11-06-2012, 01:17 PM
this guy is a bonafide scrub, plenty of better leagues around the world ge can vouch for, but why play in some no name league in poland? oh yeh thats right stat padding and playin against scrubs.....

is poland league even better then dleague? lmao this clownis looking for the easy route then playin against harder competition

Bruno
11-06-2012, 01:24 PM
Very surprising move.

Glydnia is so much better than the teams Richards played last year. It's strange for them to sign a player like Richards. I guess they really liked what he show with Spurs SL team.

We will see if Richards is kept the whole season and if he can get some consistent playing time. If he can do that, it will a huge step to put his career back on good tracks.

timvp
11-06-2012, 01:48 PM
I was hoping he'd land in Austin but playing for a legit Euro team should be good for his career. Let's hope he actually plays.

Good news about the upward trajectory of his career :tu

iminol
11-06-2012, 02:00 PM
is poland league even better then dleague? lmao this clownis looking for the easy route then playin against harder competition

do you know this league --> ?? http://www.euroleague.net/

Maddog
11-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Very surprising move.

Glydnia is so much better than the teams Richards played last year. It's strange for them to sign a player like Richards. I guess they really liked what he show with Spurs SL team.

We will see if Richards is kept the whole season and if he can get some consistent playing time. If he can do that, it will a huge step to put his career back on good tracks.

I was hoping he'd land in Austin but playing for a legit Euro team should be good for his career. Let's hope he actually plays.

Good news about the upward trajectory of his career :tu
They play Montepaschi Siena on the 9th
As Bruno mentioned- let's hope he get's some playing time.

BackHome
11-07-2012, 12:20 AM
The kid has tons of potential just need the right place with the right coach. If he can dedicate himself to his craft and work on getting stronger he could have an excellent NBA career. The problem is most people don't want to work that hard it is not easy to get in the NBA.

polandprzem
11-07-2012, 08:36 AM
this guy is a bonafide scrub, plenty of better leagues around the world ge can vouch for, but why play in some no name league in poland? oh yeh thats right stat padding and playin against scrubs.....

You meant polish league, I assume.

Polish league is weak. But Aseco doing decent job in Europe

Mal
11-07-2012, 09:38 AM
The kid has tons of potential just need the right place with the right coach. If he can dedicate himself to his craft and work on getting stronger he could have an excellent NBA career. The problem is most people don't want to work that hard it is not easy to get in the NBA.

Gdynia has former lithuanian NT coach as their coach. I am not sure if he is former, but this is the guy who coached Lithuania in Olympics. So this is good place to work on your bb skills.

And yes, polish league is weak, but I am pretty sure not as weak as swiss and georgian leagues are. Plus, Gdynia is playing in euroleague. He will have some chances to prove and to be seen by NBA scouts.

elemento
11-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Wish him luckHopefully he learns how to play pro-basketball the right way. The potential is there, no doubt about it. It's not easy to find a 7'0 PF (barefoot) with that athleticism and handles.

iminol
12-09-2012, 12:22 PM
http://sport.tvp.pl/koszykowka/tauron-basket-liga/wideo/tbl-asseco-prokom-gdynia-trefl-sopot/5062326

he just checked in.
polish top teams #derby

G-Dawgg
12-10-2012, 05:44 AM
Who gives a shit? Is it because the dude is 7 feet tall? This guy is fucking garbage and will never amount to any sort of NBA player.....

playblair
12-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Who gives a shit? Is it because the dude is 7 feet tall? This guy is fucking garbage and will never amount to any sort of NBA player.....

prominent posters on this board said kawhi was going to be a bust ......

Solid D
12-10-2012, 06:05 PM

Prominent? Interesting. I'd like to hear more about who thought Kawhi would be a bust.

mountainballer
12-10-2012, 06:08 PM

prominent posters on this board said Ersan was going to be a star.
(and Spurs should go for him. uh oh, I was one of them, but I'm not exactly prominent)

well. 8 million per. and a PER of 12. Spurs currently have 12 players who deliver a higher PER than 12. looks as if they were damn right to leave Ersan in mediocre land. and no, we don't need Ryan either. we leave him in Wisconsin. or was it Poland? nevermind. not that much difference anyway.

Mel_13
12-10-2012, 06:14 PM
Prominent? Interesting. I'd like to hear more about who thought Kawhi would be a bust.

There was certain fabbsian who was prominently wrong about most everything. He went on and on about how the Spurs would regret drafting Leonard over Chris Singleton and about how Kawhi would be a terrible shooter because his hands were too big. The guy doesn't post much these days.

playblair
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
future spurs starting 5

cojo ... hanga ... bertans .... kawhi... richards....

freetiago
12-10-2012, 06:39 PM
great lineup if were looking to get the 1st pick
i would sit out kawhi the season though with flu like symptoms

and ersan can play as you saw when he torched us a few games ago
hes in an extremely crowded frontcourt and when he makes a mistake his coach pulls him
hes having confidence issues right now and pop is probably the best coach in the league at inspiring confidence in his players

Solid D
12-10-2012, 06:47 PM
There was certain fabbsian who was prominently wrong about most everything. He went on and on about how the Spurs would regret drafting Leonard over Chris Singleton and about how Kawhi would be a terrible shooter because his hands were too big. The guy doesn't post much these days.

Ouch! Thanks Mel. Well, I said that Ryan Richards was the worst draft pick since Sergei Karaulov, so I hope I'm wrong about that.

ChuckD
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM

Texas2Step. Don't see him around too much anymore. :lol

dbestpro
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
For years I saw folks in here say DeColo would never make in the NBA and was average at best in Europe, yet here he is. You just never know.

benefactor
12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
That dude was gold. He got bent over repeatedly for his predictions and people he supposedly "knew." He claimed to be some kind of insider then ran off when none of his shit stuck to the wall.

Mel_13
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM

That dude was gold. He got bent over repeatedly for his predictions and people he supposedly "knew." He claimed to be some kind of insider then ran off when none of his shit stuck to the wall.

:lol

I actually wasn't even thinking about T2S, but he was the originator of the big hands theory. Another clueless poster was the Chris Singleton fan.

Btw, it seems that T2S has been made to disappear the way KBP was. His posts are invisible, the only trace being where he was quoted by others:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199600&highlight=thompson