PDA

View Full Version : Rasho/Beno-Bobby Simmons-Derek Fisher pipedream trade

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 05:59 PM
I didn't want this to get buried in the 'how to unload Rasho' thread.

I took a few tokes off of my Bobby Simmons crack pipe on the way home from work today, and put it with the Rasho to Golden State rumor and this is what I came up with.

Spurs trade Rasho + #28 pick to Golden State for Derek Fisher and the #9 pick.

Due to the NEW trade rules of having to be within 25% +110K on salaries for trades, this deal works.

Spurs then trade #9 pick + Beno Udrih to the LA Clippers in a sign and trade for Bobby Simmons.

The Clips get another lotto pick, get a PG who appears durable enough to make it through the season (something Jaric and Livingston couldn't), and we get a veteran backup point guard who can stroke the three and play hellacious defense along with our SF extraordinaire.

Of course, this trade is just about as perfect as you can draw it up, which means it has a snowball's chance in hell at happening.

But hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

timvp
06-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Considering that Simmons new salary would have to match with Beno's rookie contract, that Mike James trade has a better chance of happening.

:)

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 06:02 PM
Also, the primary reason the Spurs would deal Rasho is to reduce long term payroll. Taking back Fisher's contract doesn't help...

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Depends how much the cap goes up by :)

He could sign a new deal starting at the MLE, too, and that would fit.

timvp
Having Fisher on the books for big money in 2010 would cause Holt to faint.

ShoogarBear
It's not gonna happen, but:

Derek Fisher would probably be the perfect Pop point guard in terms of how Pop uses the position (also the perfect Van Gundy point guard, which is why I'm glad he didn't go there).

But could we stomach Fish in silver and black? Even if we gave him #0.4?

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 06:06 PM
Was it your Bobby Simmons crack pipe?
Or was it Lamar Odom's crack pipe?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 06:06 PM
We forgave Horry *shrugs*

Like I said, perfect world we could pull this off. The world ain't perfect.

Edit - definitely Odom's, but when I smoked I saw Bobby Simmons in our future. :lol

mookie2001
06-27-2005, 06:18 PM
i think we have to stick with beno

he can hoop
but not yet has formed a well regulated armed citizen group as to exercise a constitutional right

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 06:21 PM
I'd love to see Fisher coming off the bench backing up Parker. He'd be damn near perfect. But his contract isn't...

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2005, 06:32 PM
This is a perfect example of the problem with Holt Cat et al. Fisher as Parker's backup would go a long way to helping the Spurs repeat and remain the top contender for the next 2 to 3 seasons. Tim Duncan is 29 years old. I think you do what you can to bring in the right complementary players around TD for the rest of his prime. This is a rare opportunity. Sure, I'm speaking as a fan but you're going to be capped out anyways. Fisher coming off the bench with his shot, his defense, his experience, his aggressiveness and his total lack of fear of taking big shots would be awesome. He's a guy without any drama and would be a great fit in SA.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 06:43 PM
I'm with you on this Marcus. But while this is the perfect scenario, you're asking tightwad Holt to pony up a little of his year profits.

Parker, Fisher
Manu, Barry/Simmons
Bowen, Simmons
And a rotation at the 4-5 consisting of
Duncan, Mohammed, Horry, Scola.

I think that would be one hell of a team, but no way Holt would pony up.