PDA

View Full Version : What a country

101A
11-06-2012, 11:31 PM
Another election is over.

Fully half of the nation is despondent; convinced the winner is a bad guy - unAmerican, even.

And yet, those people will not take up arms - their leader will graciously accept defeat in the next hour or so - and will not be in fear of his own life for daring to challenge the current President.

It's not remarkable now, but when our country was founded, it was unheard of. 44 Presidents in (and counting); peaceful transitions between every one of them.

Props to us.

I hope the next four years are better than the last.

:toast

DPG21920
11-06-2012, 11:36 PM
Is everyone happy with the outcome? Overall, do most feel that Obama deserved another 4 years or is this simply a lesser of two evils?

MannyIsGod
11-06-2012, 11:47 PM
:tu

Spurminator
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Fucking on point.

boutons_deux
11-06-2012, 11:49 PM
Bishop Gecko the serial felony tax evader and his Queen "You People" Ann didn't deserve the WH.

Clipper Nation
11-06-2012, 11:56 PM
Is everyone happy with the outcome? Overall, do most feel that Obama deserved another 4 years or is this simply a lesser of two evils?

Tbh, I don't even like Obama... I'm just counting down to Ron Paul in 2016 while reveling in Willard the Cheat's failure...

timvp
11-06-2012, 11:58 PM
:cry God Bless America :cry

:tu

DarrinS
11-06-2012, 11:58 PM
I hope the next four years are better, too. :toast

You sir, are a classy individual.

ElNono
11-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Oh noes, 4 more years of VRWC, GFY! :lol

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 12:00 AM
Here's to Obama making the next 4 count. timvp you really pumped about Obama? Critical next 4 years for this country, will be interesting to see how this shakes out..

HI-FI
11-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Tbh, I don't even like Obama... I'm just counting down to Ron Paul in 2016 while reveling in Willard the Cheat's failure...

cmon Clipper, by then Ron Paul will be old as shit. I like the guy a lot but he'll never be president.

DPG, ultimately we get who we deserve. This country is merrily descending towards Idiocracy so I've made peace with it. I don't think Romney was a very good choice, but once again, we get who we deserve.

HeatChamps
11-07-2012, 12:01 AM
The less fortunate are going to get treated better. So yeah I'm happy with the results.

HI-FI
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
The less fortunate are going to get treated better. So yeah I'm happy with the results.
:rollin

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 12:05 AM
It's just interesting to see if those who voted for Obama are actually believing him (most NBA players seem really pumped), or if they are really nervous about the direction the country is headed in with him having another 4 years.

Do people think he deserved another 4 years based on merit or just because Romney would be even worse?

timvp
11-07-2012, 12:06 AM
timvp you really pumped about Obama?

Nah, I don't care one way or the other. There wasn't enough difference between the two candidates for me to muster enough energy to care. Same ish, different toilet seat, tbh.

That said, I hope Obama does a great job. I also hope that the GOP will adjust and become a better opposition four years from now. I'm in the minority that likes both sides and think both red and blue are important in making this a great country.

Maybe one day red and blue will differentiate enough again for me to pick a side but that day isn't today, fwiw.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2012, 12:09 AM
This had to happen, the republicans need to fucking get their shit together and boot out the morons. Give up immigration you need hispanics, give up on abortion cause skanks gonna skank. And play the "victim" even though they are skanks. Gay marriage can stay though cause nobody gives enough a fuck about gays to actually sway a national election.

HeatChamps
11-07-2012, 12:11 AM
Conservatism just needs to die.

Trainwreck2100
11-07-2012, 12:13 AM

radical conservatism needs to die conservatism is fine

ElNono
11-07-2012, 12:14 AM
It's just interesting to see if those who voted for Obama are actually believing him (most NBA players seem really pumped), or if they are really nervous about the direction the country is headed in with him having another 4 years.

Do people think he deserved another 4 years based on merit or just because Romney would be even worse?

I'm in the camp they were both pretty much the same, and neither to my liking... I think the country will be fine and around until the next presidential election regardless...

timvp
11-07-2012, 12:16 AM
This had to happen, the republicans need to fucking get their shit together and boot out the morons. Give up immigration you need hispanics

Truth. If I ran the GOP, I'd order a 180 on immigration, get Hispanics on my side and start bringing home the :lobt2:

Too bad it won't happen though.

z0sa
11-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Great point.

So does racism ...

Latarian Milton
11-07-2012, 12:18 AM
its true that obama who has done enough to prove himself a shitty president would of been beaten easily by anyone like paul, perry, grngrich etc... but winning the white house is not what the republican party want imho. republicans aint no fools

Winehole23
11-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Truth. If I ran the GOP, I'd order a 180 on immigration, get Hispanics on my side and start bringing home the :lobt2:

Too bad it won't happen though.Will have to pretty soon, if the GOP wants a chance at the prize. Putting Hispanics on stage at the party convention won't get them across the finish line. People aren't that dumb. Policy matters.