PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna be taking a trip to Colorado or Washington...

lakerhaterade
11-07-2012, 12:31 AM
now that cannabis is legalized...?

koriwhat
11-07-2012, 12:33 AM
who cares, i can still get weed down here in tx.

The Reckoning
11-07-2012, 12:51 AM
last i went to colo and washington it was everywhere. itll be nice to buy it in stores though.

The Reckoning
11-07-2012, 12:54 AM
imagine how paranoid people will be when buying their first legal dimebag :lol

AussieFanKurt
11-07-2012, 01:00 AM

haha yeah it'll be a weird feeling for those lucky people

Gutter92
11-07-2012, 01:51 AM
Thank god I invested in HEMP(20k shares) and MJNA(15k shares), can't wait to watch them soar tomorrow :)

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Washington is just a 10 minute drive for me. I can't figure out why it failed here in Oregon...

Jacob1983
11-07-2012, 04:50 AM
Obama will send the feds on yo ass. Watch out!

benefactor
11-07-2012, 07:08 AM
Obama will send the feds on yo ass. Watch out!
They won't bother...just like they didn't bother coming after the many "pharmacies" that were already in Colorado. In a 60 minutes interview the feds talked about the legal medicinal stuff and basically said they are not going to waste the manpower on weed and they will let them handle/regulate it at the state level.

Latarian Milton
11-07-2012, 08:27 AM
shit ain't gonna be cheaper though, the government will certainly tax the shit out of these stuffs tbh. i think the government just made a smart decision in legalizing cannabis in these states, taking the profit of selling drugs as part of government's income rather than let it go to gangstas' pockets tbh

DMC
11-07-2012, 09:18 AM
shit ain't gonna be cheaper though, the government will certainly tax the shit out of these stuffs tbh. i think the government just made a smart decision in legalizing cannabis in these states, taking the profit of selling drugs as part of government's income rather than let it go to gangstas' pockets tbh

You know there's some pissed off low level pushers in those states.

You should be able to get any drug you want. If you want to kill yourself, that's your problem. The same rules should apply as apply to alcohol. Fucked up is fucked up. That would take money from a lot of non tax paying fuckers and bring most of the welfare money back into the kitty.

Bill_Brasky
11-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Another reason to move to Colorado...

Frank Dux
11-07-2012, 10:59 AM

I live in Colorado and the prices at dispensaries (which are taxed by the state government) are comparable if not cheaper than street prices.

mrsmaalox
11-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I wonder how many convictions will be overturned?

leemajors
11-07-2012, 01:00 PM
None, it's not retroactive.

LongtimeSpursFan
11-07-2012, 05:21 PM

I've always wanted to try it but obviously I was not going to break law. Now may just drive to Colorado and give it a shot.

DMC
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
I am in Colorado all the time, but I don't smoke weed or anything else. Not a druggie of any sort and barely drink alcohol.

Cheeto
11-07-2012, 08:59 PM
I live in WA. prices going to be $12-$15 per gram. that's after a 25% tax (supposedly). so, $300-$400 ounces. Currently that's about the normal dispensary price ($300). Co-op or Collective prices for medical patients currently $200-$250 ounce. With a medical recommendation you can still grow/ possess more than an OZ, but with out you can only buy from stores * possess 1oz or 16fluid oz of liquid. I've been a medical patient for a little over a year now for my chronic pain I have in my knees/back & now stomach issues & IBS. I don't take prescription pain meds or drink alcohol, so it's a nice alternative. Takes my pain away & allows me to not be sick to my stomach after I eat. Life has been MUCH better since quitting rx pain meds & switching to vaporizing bud.

Johnson
11-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Like the Feds are gonna allow it to stand...

DMC
11-08-2012, 12:11 AM
The Feds will not tamper with it. It might cross state lines and then they get arrested, but the same is true for concealed weapons in non reciprocity states. It's not a new dance.

koriwhat
11-08-2012, 02:54 AM
fuck colorado, fuck the nuggets, and fuck the cold weather. i can still get cheap, good bud in tx. fuck it!

Capt Bringdown
11-08-2012, 10:34 AM
Sour Diesel (http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/marijuana-strains/sourdiesel.html) says hello.

Clipper Nation
11-08-2012, 11:14 AM
Good to know that the government is finally seeing reason and making this a state issue....

Xevious
11-09-2012, 02:02 AM
You should be able to get any drug you want. If you want to kill yourself, that's your problem. The same rules should apply as apply to alcohol. Fucked up is fucked up. That would take money from a lot of non tax paying fuckers and bring most of the welfare money back into the kitty.
I agree to a point, but when you venture beyond weed things get a little sticky. There are regulations in this new law stating how much weed you can carry, who can sell it, etc. How do you think that would be handled for crystal meth? No government is going to allow anybody to legally opporate a meth lab, and they certainly aren't going to allow commercial production and selling, so how do they handle the situation when somebody is in possession (even if it is decriminalized)? Or what about heroin? It's not like you can buy IV morphine at the store, so why would they allow you to buy heroin even though it isn't illegal to own?

I feel that people should be able to do whatever they want to themselves as long as they aren't endangering anybody else. But decriminalizing all drugs isn't that simple.

Like the Feds are gonna allow it to stand...
They don't have much choice. The law is written so that you fly under the radar. The federal government doesn't have the resources to prosecute everybody with an ounce or less of weed. How they handle weed shops opening up will be interesting though. That may not happen for a couple years though.

This is something that should be handled at the state level anyway.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2012, 04:23 AM
I live in WA. prices going to be $12-$15 per gram. that's after a 25% tax (supposedly).
I though legalizing it would make it cheaper... That better be premium stuff at that price!

z0sa
11-09-2012, 05:18 AM
I though legalizing it would make it cheaper... That better be premium stuff at that price!

You'd have to be buying large quantities (>1oz) to get the "premium" stuff for $15 a gram on the street.

Wild Cobra
11-09-2012, 05:46 AM
You'd have to be buying large quantities (>1oz) to get the "premium" stuff for $15 a gram on the street.
Not in my experience, unless you are buying it by the gram only. Awesome 1/8th (0.125 oz) are $40. Top grade bud. Or... Maybe I just know the right people?

leemajors
11-09-2012, 07:20 AM
I agree to a point, but when you venture beyond weed things get a little sticky. There are regulations in this new law stating how much weed you can carry, who can sell it, etc. How do you think that would be handled for crystal meth? No government is going to allow anybody to legally opporate a meth lab, and they certainly aren't going to allow commercial production and selling, so how do they handle the situation when somebody is in possession (even if it is decriminalized)? Or what about heroin? It's not like you can buy IV morphine at the store, so why would they allow you to buy heroin even though it isn't illegal to own?

I feel that people should be able to do whatever they want to themselves as long as they aren't endangering anybody else. But decriminalizing all drugs isn't that simple.

They don't have much choice. The law is written so that you fly under the radar. The federal government doesn't have the resources to prosecute everybody with an ounce or less of weed. How they handle weed shops opening up will be interesting though. That may not happen for a couple years though.

This is something that should be handled at the state level anyway.

Portugal decriminalized everything and addiction rates dropped for all drugs.

AussieFanKurt
11-09-2012, 08:05 AM

I've heard similar things re: this exact thing. When drugs become legal abuse lowers, why is this I wonder

Expert
11-09-2012, 09:02 AM
Not in my experience, unless you are buying it by the gram only. Awesome 1/8th (0.125 oz) are $40. Top grade bud. Or... Maybe I just know the right people?

Impressive conversion from fraction to decimal. Way to flex your cerebral muscle to these imps.

Xevious
11-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah no argument here. That wasn't really wasnt what I was talking about though.