PDA

View Full Version : Fox News is golden

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:33 AM
It's awesome to try and understand how they're viewing the news from their alternate universe viewpoint. (Paraphrasing)

"Do you think Romney should have been more negative? Did the voters not know how bad the economy was?"

"A lot of voters thought that Obama inherited a bad economy from Bush... don't they know they're wrong, and that's unfair?"

"Obama won... that means he will have to work even more hand in hand with Republicans to accomplish his legacy!"

ElNono
11-07-2012, 02:35 AM
This article, written by a former Bush cabinet member, I think embodies the complete disconnect between neocons and the public:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/06/where-republican-party-goes-from-here/

And that's the reason neocons should be kicked out of the party ASAP, IMO.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:36 AM
"Romney didn't push Benghazi enough! The President lied!"

Add the punchlines as you hear them.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2012, 02:38 AM
"Chinese Jeeps!"

LkrFan
11-07-2012, 02:40 AM
"Chinese Jeeps!"

:rollin

HI-FI
11-07-2012, 02:41 AM
This article, written by a former Bush cabinet member, I think embodies the complete disconnect between neocons and the public:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/06/where-republican-party-goes-from-here/

And that's the reason neocons should be kicked out of the party ASAP, IMO.

that was a good read. btw, how do you like Christie in NJ? is he more of the same?

ElNono
11-07-2012, 02:46 AM
that was a good read. btw, how do you like Christie in NJ? is he more of the same?

I was just talking about that earlier in another thread. I think he's changed after Sandy. I think he faced first-hand a calamity of such magnitude that made him understand that "government help" and "FEMA" aren't bad words or just entitlement programs. They can largely help people. He's changed his tone lately, and that Christie, the uniter vs the old confrontational one, has grown on me, and I think if he keeps under that tone, he could have a shot in the future.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:48 AM
"If Obama embraces a less-regulatory presidency, then I think business will grow"

Uhm... did an election not just occur tonight? :lol

HI-FI
11-07-2012, 02:53 AM
I was just talking about that earlier in another thread. I think he's changed after Sandy. I think he faced first-hand a calamity of such magnitude that made him understand that "government help" and "FEMA" aren't bad words or just entitlement programs. They can largely help people. He's changed his tone lately, and that Christie, the uniter vs the old confrontational one, has grown on me, and I think if he keeps under that tone, he could have a shot in the future.
honestly, i have no idea who the Repugs (:lolbd) have that is good, I hear Christie, Jindal, Hailey, Rubio etc...but I don't keep up with any of them tbh. I think I avoid politics a lot more than in the past. Christie seems more of a EastCoast moderate type, and it seems that didn't work too well for Romney. tbh, based on your article, I would've loved to seen Newt in a debate with Obama, but newt is unelectable cuz of his personal life. Did you like Christie when he was going after teacher unions or were you more on their side?

ElNono
11-07-2012, 03:03 AM
honestly, i have no idea who the Repugs (:lolbd) have that is good, I hear Christie, Jindal, Hailey, Rubio etc...but I don't keep up with any of them tbh. I think I avoid politics a lot more than in the past. Christie seems more of a EastCoast moderate type, and it seems that didn't work too well for Romney. tbh, based on your article, I would've loved to seen Newt in a debate with Obama, but newt is unelectable cuz of his personal life. Did you like Christie when he was going after teacher unions or were you more on their side?

I think this isn't about a particular guy. The GOP is going to have to think about the message going forward, at least on specific areas where the demographics are changing. I think any of those guys can deliver the message, but the message coming from the party itself will have to change. Not a lot, just very specific stuff that I pointed out in the other thread. I don't buy what the neocon article said about doubling-down and that Mitt only lost because conservatives didn't buy his message. I think conservatives and a good share of right-leaning independents did vote for Mitt, but it's no longer enough.

As far as Christie and what he did with the pension reform, I think reform needed to happen, but he went the confrontational/bully way. While some pensions did need to get gutted, some others were still solvent and being paid for (ie: police/fire fighters) and he still killed them. But again, I know it's still recent, but his tone has changed since Sandy, and I think he's learned a few lessons. I know New Jersey could use some unity after the storm and the unemployment being sky high.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:08 AM
Still fucking hilarious...

"Obama tried to soak the rich, don't people know that even if you tax rich people you can't pay off the entire debt?"

"People though Obama did good on Sandy, thought they may change their tune since not everybody is sheltered and fed"... :lol

Ok, and this is almost a literal quote

"I still can't get gasoline, and it's confounding that the President hasn't gotten gas up here".... who the fuck is this host? :lmao :lmao :lmao

Edit: His name is Greg Jarrett, and man is this guy a fucktard carrying water for Republicans.

HI-FI
11-07-2012, 03:14 AM
I think this isn't about a particular guy. The GOP is going to have to think about the message going forward, at least on specific areas where the demographics are changing. I think any of those guys can deliver the message, but the message coming from the party itself will have to change. Not a lot, just very specific stuff that I pointed out in the other thread. I don't buy what the neocon article said about doubling-down and that Mitt only lost because conservatives didn't buy his message. I think conservatives and a good share of right-leaning independents did vote for Mitt, but it's no longer enough.

As far as Christie and what he did with the pension reform, I think reform needed to happen, but he went the confrontational/bully way. While some pensions did need to get gutted, some others were still solvent and being paid for (ie: police/fire fighters) and he still killed them. But again, I know it's still recent, but his tone has changed since Sandy, and I think he's learned a few lessons. I know New Jersey could use some unity after the storm and the unemployment being sky high.
good points. i have no idea what the GOP should do, i'm no republican. I do agree with you that their message has been muddled for awhile, and they clearly don't know how to define it. I think Mitt was a better candidate than McCain, but that's like saying Carson Palmer is better than Kevin Kolb. so ultimately they screwed the pooch again. It really just seems that people prefer their incumbents, at least until they become toxic.

ploto
11-07-2012, 03:20 AM
"People though Obama did good on Sandy, thought they may change their tune since not everybody is sheltered and fed"... :lol

Ok, and this is almost a literal quote

"I still can't get gasoline, and it's confounding that the President hasn't gotten gas up here.

They tried alll weekend to act as if Obama had done a poor job with the hurricane by showing that not everything was perfect - as if it could be in 5 or 6 days!

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:22 AM
To the board conservative's credit, at least I don't hear any of them saying, "America is dooooomeeed!" All the people saying that can go jump off a cliff for all I care. If you think America is doomed, leave it then.

Winehole23
11-07-2012, 03:24 AM
tbh, hardly any have posted tonight

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 03:26 AM
To the board conservative's credit, at least I don't hear any of them saying, "America is dooooomeeed!" All the people saying that can go jump off a cliff for all I care. If you think America is doomed, leave it then.
Romney also gracefully conceded, and it appears nobody from the red team that has the power to, is going to try to win through the courts. That's a blue team thing.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:26 AM
tbh, hardly any have posted tonight

True, but I don't think that any of them will stoop that low. I have some respect for my worthy foes. :lol

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:28 AM
Romney also gracefully conceded, and it appears nobody from the red team that has the power to, is going to try to win through the courts. That's a blue team thing.

:lol A "blue team" thing? Because they did it once, when Gore actually won the popular vote? I'm pretty sure that if Romney won the popular vote, we might see some courts in play. Heck, if Florida was the margin of error for Romney, we might see some talk about recounts. But winning Ohio and Florida doesn't matter now.

ElNono
11-07-2012, 03:29 AM
good points. i have no idea what the GOP should do, i'm no republican. I do agree with you that their message has been muddled for awhile, and they clearly don't know how to define it. I think Mitt was a better candidate than McCain, but that's like saying Carson Palmer is better than Kevin Kolb. so ultimately they screwed the pooch again. It really just seems that people prefer their incumbents, at least until they become toxic.

I think the GOP is likely to win entire control of Congress in 2 years. So this is definitely not the end of the world. But I also think that might be a double-edged sword: when they won the house last time, they took that as validation and went even more extreme, including complete gridlock. I'm hoping they learned their lesson this time around. They don't have to give Barry all he wants, but they must at least work on certain issues where there's some semblance of agreement and get things done. People notice when the government is getting stuff done. That would be a good start looking at 2016.

Ashy Larry
11-07-2012, 03:37 AM
Fox was Romney's running mate ....... every time I turned on Fox during these elections, it was all about how Obama did something wrong or how he fucked up ........

"Obama just found a cure for cancer."

Fox News: How long did the president have the cure and why didn't he develop the cure earlier????

Winehole23
11-07-2012, 03:43 AM
To the board conservative's credit, at least I don't hear any of them saying, "America is dooooomeeed!" All the people saying that can go jump off a cliff for all I care. If you think America is doomed, leave it then.http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/donald_trump_loses_it_calls_for_revolution/

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 03:44 AM
:lol A "blue team" thing? Because they did it once, when Gore actually won the popular vote? I'm pretty sure that if Romney won the popular vote, we might see some courts in play. Heck, if Florida was the margin of error for Romney, we might see some talk about recounts. But winning Ohio and Florida doesn't matter now.
We disagree.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:44 AM
:lol Trump is such a laughingstock. Who would trust their money with him?

ploto
11-07-2012, 03:45 AM
We disagree.
Romney camp was already preparing a challenge in Ohio until they saw that Ohio did not matter.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 03:45 AM
I was saying that before the election. We are doomed as long as we elect the type of congress members we keep electing. This election doesn't matter who the president is. Congress sucks.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:46 AM
I was saying that before the election. We are doomed as long as we elect the type of congress members we keep electing. This election doesn't matter who the president is. Congress sucks.

Yes, but at least you're not saying, "We're doomed because my guy didn't win! Take up arms!" :lol

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 03:50 AM
Yes, but at least you're not saying, "We're doomed because my guy didn't win! Take up arms!" :lol
Obama is insignificant as long as the republicans hold the house. Romney wouldn't matter unless the republicans took the senate.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 04:09 AM
:lol On Fox News, team Red guy saying, "Obama needs to call up Clinton to see how to have a 2nd term", and team Blue girl rebutted with "Uhm, I'm pretty sure Republicans didn't like Clinton during his 2nd term."

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 04:18 AM
:lol Some dumb black chick on Fox News saying, "Why do people care more about abortion than the economy?" Yes, voting for Romney would've given everyone a job! :lmao

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 04:22 AM
Must be watching Red Eye. Is that program still around? Loser program if you ask me.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 04:27 AM
Must be watching Red Eye. Is that program still around? Loser program if you ask me.

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious actually. :lol I've got it on in the background while I goof off on the PC.

Some jackass radio host Ben Ferguson is saying, "There's now a group of people in our society that are comfortable with handouts!" God, some Republicans are dense.

Jacob1983
11-07-2012, 04:30 AM
Greg Gutfeld comes off as a neo-con posing as a libertarian.

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 04:31 AM
I couldn't stand that show. When I was paying for cable, I would sometimes have Fox on as background noise. I would switch the channel when that show came on.

scott
11-07-2012, 08:37 AM

It's usually "team who has actual legal standing and recourse" thing.

Clipper Nation
11-07-2012, 09:49 AM
To the board conservative's credit, at least I don't hear any of them saying, "America is dooooomeeed!"
Their new "Brown peoples is ig'nant, only want handouts, and need the white man to vote for them" schtick is even worse, imho...

If you think America is doomed, leave it then.
Tbh, if people have valid reasons for feeling that way, wouldn't it be more productive to stay and try to change it?

Drachen
11-07-2012, 10:03 AM
:lol Some dumb black chick on Fox News saying, "Why do people care more about abortion than the economy?" Yes, voting for Romney would've given everyone a job! :lmao

Twelve Million of them, 1st day in office!

Drachen
11-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Apparently the new thing for the "America is DOOOOOOOMED!" team for a short period last night was "Fuck it, I am moving to Australia" (WTF?). Then there was a tweet from someone in the Australian government who said "for all of you wanting to move to australia as a result of the american election, We have a single, female, athiest PM, Universal healthcare, and compulsory voting"

After that one spread around a little, one of my wife's friends who had written that he was moving to australia said, "change of plans, Moving to new Zealand"

LOL

Drachen
11-07-2012, 10:15 AM
I don't think that the Cons get that there is nowhere in the world they can move other than the theocracies of the middle east.

JoeChalupa
11-07-2012, 10:15 AM
Will Christie suffer some backlash due to his response to Obama's Sandy assistance? I've heard it will hurt him as that is a no no in the GOP.

Fabbs
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Fox was Romney's running mate ....... every time I turned on Fox during these elections, it was all about how Obama did something wrong or how he fucked up ........

"Obama just found a cure for cancer."

Fox News: How long did the president have the cure and why didn't he develop the cure earlier????
nicely done :lol
Board should have a thread full of these.

Fabbs
11-07-2012, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Mild Cobra

It's usually "team who has actual legal standing and recourse" thing.
:lol those darn facts huh Cobra?

Frank Dux
11-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I heard Bill OReilly give his analysis on the radio last night as the numbers began to come in. He probably sensed his boy was gonna lose.

"If Obama wins, it's only because of the photo opps the president had during Sandy."
"Half this country thinks they're entitled to free stuff. Which candidate is promising free stuff? There are a lot more black and hispanic people than there used to be and they think they're entitled to free stuff."

Racist douche :rollin

boutons_deux
11-07-2012, 12:35 PM
"Half this country thinks they're entitled to free stuff. Which candidate is promising free stuff? There are a lot more black and hispanic people than there used to be and they think they're entitled to free stuff."

Plenty of redstate bubbas watch Fox Repug Propaganda get free stuff, like subsidized crop and flood/coastal zone insurance, "carried interest" loophole for billionaires, subsidized/mandated corn ethanol, $10Bs in tax breaks and tax evasion by Fortune 500, etc, etc, etc.

Billo knows his fucktard listeners are too stupid to know the whole picture of how the 1% gets "free stuff" and fucks the 99%.

rascal
11-07-2012, 12:40 PM

It wasn't close enough for that.

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 12:43 PM

The overall point on this one I think has some merit (to which degree I am not sure). Those other issues (which I agree are definitely important) seem to be much more important to the "common person" than the economy. Things like gay marriage, abortion.... seem to be much more of a deciding factor than the economy. Whether that's because most of it is religious based and the roots religion has in our country or because it's simply easier to debate and understand those topics vs. having to understand the global economy and ways to fix our national debt, I am not sure, but that point to me seems valid.

scott
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Fox News, D-Day + 1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7HTg_pCcAArCP_.jpg

Frank Dux
11-07-2012, 12:46 PM

Plenty of redstate bubbas watch Fox Repug Propaganda get free stuff, like subsidized crop and flood/coastal zone insurance, "carried interest" loophole for billionaires, subsidized/mandated corn ethanol, $10Bs in tax breaks and tax evasion by Fortune 500, etc, etc, etc.

Billo knows his fucktard listeners are too stupid to know the whole picture of how the 1% gets "free stuff" and fucks the 99%.

Yet he manages to be so "fair and balanced." :lol

ElNono
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
The overall point on this one I think has some merit (to which degree I am not sure). Those other issues (which I agree are definitely important) seem to be much more important to the "common person" than the economy. Things like gay marriage, abortion.... seem to be much more of a deciding factor than the economy. Whether that's because most of it is religious based and the roots religion has in our country or because it's simply easier to debate and understand those topics vs. having to understand the global economy and ways to fix our national debt, I am not sure, but that point to me seems valid.

I disagree with this perception. I think the economy is number one and people do understand for the most part what's going on.
But I also think both candidates offered fairy tale/faith-based economic proposals which people don't really buy, thus the topic loses relevance as a key point, and other issues take front stage.

boutons_deux
11-07-2012, 12:53 PM
TX Greasebag Karl Rove, the Biggest Loser

The harm the dubya did (elevating Rove to Repug power) lives on WAY after him:

"Britt Hume, Megyn Kelly and a host of pundits offered up brief post mortems. Even the house organ of the Republican Party had conceded.

But then, abruptly, at 11:25, the narrative changed dramatically. “I have great respect for our decision desk,” said Fox’s Chris Wallace, “and I can see that they’re very happy [at Obama headquarters] in Chicago, but I have to tell you that the Romney camp has real doubts by the call that has been made by us and by other networks.”

Enter Karl Rove—Machiavellian GOP party boss, master numbers cruncher, and Fox News analyst—to challenge the verdict that everyone had anxiously awaited. Wallace got right to the point and asked Rove if he thought Ohio was locked up for Obama.
“No, I don’t,” Rove said.

“We’ve got a quarter of the vote,” he explained. “Now remember, here is the thing about Ohio. A third of the vote or more is cast early and is won overwhelmingly by the Democrats.”
Rove insisted that calling the election was “premature.”

“So, maybe not so fast, folks!” Wallace said.

The unthinkable had just happened. Fox had called the election for Obama, but Karl Rove, its Svengali like analyst, had just disputed his own network’s call.

There was an uncomfortable moment of dead air.

Then, Fox anchor Megyn Kelly addressed the situation with understatement. “Well, that’s awkward,” she said. "

http://www.alternet.org/karl-rove-biggest-loser

:lol

greasebag Rove desperately trying to salvage his shredded reputation by trying to perform a miracle as he did in FL 2000.

ElNono
11-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Fox News, D-Day + 1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A7HTg_pCcAArCP_.jpg

:lol

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't know, Nono. I do not think the average Joe really understands the economy. They may be able to spout off "the economy is in bad shape", but beyond that the conversations are probably limited. You start a convo about abortion and gay marriage and the masses turn into world class debaters.

ElNono
11-07-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't know, Nono. I do not think the average Joe really understands the economy. They may be able to spout off "the economy is in bad shape", but beyond that the conversations are probably limited. You start a convo about abortion and gay marriage and the masses turn into world class debaters.

I think you're underestimating the average Joe. Not saying there's no low-information people out there. I also would agree that perhaps in the macro level, there's less depth than on the micro level when it comes to economic talk and what the solutions should be to attack the "economy is in bad shape". At the same time, I do think the average joe is less likely to buy the "trickle down" zinger as a real economic solution than in the past.

All that said, I would agree the other topics are more opinion/moral based and less technical, thus perhaps easier to discuss.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Tbh, if people have valid reasons for feeling that way, wouldn't it be more productive to stay and try to change it?

"Doomed" implies a lack of hope, and that nothing one can do can avert its course. I don't mind people who think that we're on the wrong path, but it pisses me off when drama queens say stuff like, "In 2016 we won't even recognize America!!!!" because these are the same idiots who said that in 2008.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 01:17 PM

I think the very fact that dumb bitch doesn't understand that people vote on social reasons too explains why Republicans lost the last two elections. And it's probably easier for a President to enact social change than it is to affect the economy in a way that will make himself easily visible as a catalyst for that change.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 01:18 PM
Honestly, the Republican party is fucked. Instead of taking a step back and think about their positions, they're just spewing all the inane ideas listed above (Obama won because of Sandy!). And you can see how out of touch with reality they are by the fact that they thought Romney would win in a landslide.

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 01:19 PM
Sure - but that goes exactly to the point she was making: People care about the "softer" issues (for lack of a better term) more than the economy which is why you get the messaging that you do. The softer issues are very important, but the economy is the number one concern and should be the number one focus, even if it is less visible. Hopefully that turns out to be the case for Rd. 2.

boutons_deux
11-07-2012, 01:44 PM
Kilmeade on Sandy voters: America is ‘the shallowest country in the history of man’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/fox_ff_kilmeade_brits_120727c-615x345.jpg

Fox News co-host Brian Kilmeade on Wednesday complained that the United States was the “shallowest country in the history of man” because exit polls showed that people considered Hurricane Sandy an important factor in the presidential race.

On the morning after President Barack Obama won re-election, Fox & Friends co-host Steve Doocy noted that Hurricane Sandy had been the “October surprise,” with 42 percent of people saying that the storm response was an important issue and 15 percent saying it was the most important issue.

“I can’t believe those numbers,” co-host Gretchen Carlson said, throwing up her arms.

“Then we are the shallowest country in the history of man,” Kilmeade concluded. “One photo op [of President Obama] walking over a two-by-four and all the sudden he’s handling a storm, which by the way, hasn’t been handled well!”

Raw Story (http://s.tt/1srJb) (http://s.tt/1srJb)

gotdamn, Fox is full of shitbags. That's the Merde-dok touch, he turns everything to shit.

Clipper Nation
11-07-2012, 01:53 PM
:lol Meltdown
:lol Ignoring the idiots who voted Willard because of his hair

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Sure - but that goes exactly to the point she was making: People care about the "softer" issues (for lack of a better term) more than the economy which is why you get the messaging that you do. The softer issues are very important, but the economy is the number one concern and should be the number one focus, even if it is less visible. Hopefully that turns out to be the case for Rd. 2.

If I had any faith in Romney to turn around our economy, I might've voted for him. But when you say you won't raise taxes no matter what (and will in fact cut them), you'll raise military spending, you will balance the budget (without saying what spending you'd cut)... well, it's pretty much a wash at that point compared to Obama's plan. So then other things take over, as ElNoNo pointed out above.

Honestly, did a great majority of people think Romney would've helped the middle class moreso than Obama? How many people are still holding onto the belief of trickle-down?

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:06 PM
Republicans being whiny douchebags is just because they're scared, because they have no clue how Romney couldn't have won. They can't imagine how Obama could've won. Until they figure that out, they'll be in the wilderness.

DarrinS
11-07-2012, 02:17 PM
Republicans being whiny douchebags is just because they're scared, because they have no clue how Romney couldn't have won. They can't imagine how Obama could've won. Until they figure that out, they'll be in the wilderness.

Actually, Romney was never a strong candidate. He was the "default" candidate -- the most normal candidate from that freak show GOP primary field. I said from day one that Obama could beat him (IIRC, baseline bum thought just the opposite).

Romney's campaign was all but dead in July/August, but then came the first debate and suddenly Romney seemed reasonable and Obama looked tired and uninterested. Romney got major momentum from that and closed the gap at the polls. Suddenly, there was a false glimmer of hope that Romney might actually make it competitive, but it was too little, too late. Combine that with Obama's get-out-the-human-cattle voting machine, and you get what we saw last night.

clambake
11-07-2012, 02:24 PM
human cattle? your state would have voted for a floating turd shaped like an R.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:25 PM
Actually, Romney was never a strong candidate. He was the "default" candidate -- the most normal candidate from that freak show GOP primary field. I said from day one that Obama could beat him (IIRC, baseline bum thought just the opposite).

Romney's campaign was all but dead in July/August, but then came the first debate and suddenly Romney seemed reasonable and Obama looked tired and uninterested. Romney got major momentum from that and closed the gap at the polls. Suddenly, there was a false glimmer of hope that Romney might actually make it competitive, but it was too little, too late. Combine that with Obama's get-out-the-human-cattle voting machine, and you get what we saw last night.

Darrin, that's because you're not an insane Republican. Just look at any red website... RedState, NationalReview, etc etc. Many of them predicated landslides, and are now resorting to straws to explain the victory (Sandy! Benghazi! Takers!).

Clipper Nation
11-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Actually, Romney was never a strong candidate. He was the "default" candidate -- the most normal candidate from that freak show GOP primary field.
Willard's "normal" to you? :lol

ElNono
11-07-2012, 02:35 PM

While I agree he was a weak candidate, I suspect we disagree on why he was a weak candidate... and therein lies the rub, imo

DarrinS
11-07-2012, 02:44 PM
Darrin, that's because you're not an insane Republican. Just look at any red website... RedState, NationalReview, etc etc. Many of them predicated landslides, and are now resorting to straws to explain the victory (Sandy! Benghazi! Takers!).

They have egg on their faces. I was surprised that Michael Barone predicted a landslide. He's a pretty smart guy.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 02:48 PM
DarrinS, that's because they're divorced from reality. At least you get into the fray with us here, they sit in their echo chamber. Just look at the reasons why they lost listed here:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner

Read Dick Morris's explanation and how insane it is:

In 2012, 13% of the vote was cast by blacks. In 04, it was 11%. This year, 10% was Latino. In ‘04 it was 8%. This time, 19% was cast by voters under 30 years of age. In ‘04 it was 17%. Taken together, these results swelled the ranks of Obama’s three-tiered base by five to six points, accounting fully for his victory. I derided the media polls for their assumption of what did, in fact happen: That blacks, Latinos, and young people would show up in the same numbers as they had in 2008. I was wrong. They did.
But the more proximate cause of my error was that I did not take full account of the impact of hurricane Sandy and of Governor Chris Christie’s bipartisan march through New Jersey arm in arm with President Obama. Not to mention Christe’s fawning promotion of Obama’s presidential leadership. It made all the difference.

So 6% of the voters turned out for Obama because of Sandy. Right, I'm sure that was it. :lol

And of course, what will Obama do? Europeanize America! Weaken our national standing! Turn America socialist! Maybe if Republicans stopped with the rhetoric, then Americans might be more likely to listen.

Ashy Larry
11-07-2012, 02:50 PM
Will Christie suffer some backlash due to his response to Obama's Sandy assistance? I've heard it will hurt him as that is a no no in the GOP.

It shouldn't .... the fat man had the balls to say fuck policies and politics, we just got donkey-stomped by Sandy. When he said that shit, you could see those hosts at Fox just cringing and saying "oh shit." If anything, it shows that he may have a little something. Too bad the GOP still live in the 40s, 50s and 60s .........

scott
11-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Fox News now afraid America will be "getting all potted up" after Marijuana laws pass in CO and WA.

http://jezebel.com/5958575/fox--friends-anchor-hilariously-worries-about-nation-getting-potted-up-after-marijuana-legalization?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_twitt er&utm_source=jezebel_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Ashy Larry
11-07-2012, 02:53 PM
Fox News now afraid America will be "getting all potted up" after Marijuana laws pass in CO and WA.

http://jezebel.com/5958575/fox--friends-anchor-hilariously-worries-about-nation-getting-potted-up-after-marijuana-legalization?utm_campaign=socialflow_jezebel_twitt er&utm_source=jezebel_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

I saw that shit ....... they same people who can get drunk and get behind the wheel ...... like I said - living in the 40s, 50s and 60s. Legalize it, tax it and regulate it. You always hear about people coming home drunk and beat the hell out of their wives and kids. You rarely hear about to weed head doing that shit because he's either passed out and eating.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I can't wait for conservative heads to explode when they have to side either with state's rights for marijuana or side with the Drug War against marijuana... should be awesome.

boutons_deux
11-07-2012, 03:05 PM
other "gold":

5 Unhinged Right-Wing Reactions to Romney’s Defeat

After the big night, much of the country is celebrating another four years. But some are struggling to cope with the loss of their candidate. Perhaps they should consider mourning outside of the eye of the public.

1. Melodramatic Social Media Users Declare “America died”

In case you were preoccupied with the news of the presidential election, you may have missed the other breaking news story that “America died” last night. At least, that’s some of the wildly hyperbolic claims that were flying around the social media stratosphere last night, as Republican voters took to Twitter to mourn over their vanquished candidate.

Some of the tweets were merely melodramatic, such the claim (http://theweek.com/article/index/235974/president-obama-wins-re-election-17-hysterical-gop-reactions) [3] “A thousand years of darkness begins tonight.”

Yet others were downright terrifying. One man declared (http://theweek.com/article/index/235974/president-obama-wins-re-election-17-hysterical-gop-reactions) [3] that he is “Loadin up on guns, gas, mudgrips, and some Copenhagen to prepare for the next four years.”

2. Fox News Blames the Media Bias

The most biased network of all is now taking mainstream journalists to task for being too mean to Mitt Romney during the campaign. After Obama easily captured the electoral college, a Fox News editorial declared, (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-ways-mainstream-media-tipped-scales-in-favor-obama/#ixzz2BYNvI6Qw) [4] “If, in celebrating his victory Obama wanted to give credit where credit is due, he might want to think about calling some of America's top journalists, since their favorable approach almost certainly made the difference between victory and defeat.”

How did the mainstream media manage to pull off such a resounding victory for Obama? According to the editorial writer Rich Noyes, the research director for the Media Research Center, these journalists were too effective at exposing the real agenda of the GOP ticket.

Noyes takes the media to task for its extensive coverage of Romney’s now infamous “47% video,” which he complains was a mere “gaffe” rather than an essential preview of the way the Romney-Ryan ticket would have sought to decimate the safety net programs that are essential for millions of Americans.

Meanwhile, he was none too happy with those pesky female debate moderators, ABC’s Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Candy Crowley, who actually decided to moderate the debates rather than merely allow the candidates to spew lies.

All in all, it sounds like Fox News is mad at journalists for doing their jobs, but that should come as no surprise from a network that hasn’t embraced the same standards for journalistic integrity.

3. The National Review Claims Americans Are “Not Equipped” for Liberty

In perhaps the most offensive post-election article, a National Review reporter claimed that Obama’s victory demonstrates that Americans do not deserve democracy.

“The lessons of Ohio are that Barack Obama is a skillful demagogue, that the ancients were wise to number envy among the deadly sins, and that offering Americans a check is a more fruitful political strategy than offering them the opportunity to take control of and responsibility for their own lives,” wrote Kevin D Williamson. (http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/332854/how-romney-lost-kevin-d-williamson#) [5]“This is what Oakeshott had in mind when he wrote that liberty was something that many people simply are not equipped to “enjoy as an opportunity rather than suffer as a burden.”

This disparaging argument that Americans are not willing to take responsibility for their own lives simply because they don’t want to vote for a candidate who threatens to gut and privatize the government has been a mainstay argument of the Romney-Ryan ticket throughout the campaign season. But arguing that his defeat shows that Americans don’t even deserve democracy--that’s taking voter disenfranchisement to the whole next level.

4. Viva La Revolution!

Donald Trump was so incensed with the outcome of last night’s election that he called for a “revolution” and a massive march on Washington.

“Let’s fight like hell and stop this great and disgusting injustice. The world is laughing at us,” he wrote. (http://www.salon.com/2012/11/07/donald_trump_loses_it_calls_for_revolution/) [6]

In fact, the majority of the initial reactions around the world were positive (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/07/world-reaction-to-2012-el_n_2087153.html) [7], but many began laughing at Trump himself as he continued to agitate for a national upheaval.

“We can’t let this happen. We should march on Washington and stop this travesty. Our nation is totally divided!” he cried.

Perhaps he was still bitter about his “October Surprise” flop.

5. Outright Denial

Perhaps no one took Romney’s defeat harder than GOP boss Karl Rove, who picked a fight with the news staff of Fox News itself for calling Ohio for Obama. Fox called Ohio for Obama just after 11 pm EST after 20 percent of the vote had been counted, which was too early for Rove, whose Super PAC American Crossroads provided much of the funding for the Romney campaign.

“I think this is premature…” Rove said on air as he criticized the news staff of his own station.

As the debate continued on live TV, dead silence filled the news station.

“Well, that’s awkward,” Fox anchor Megyn Kelly finally said.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-unhinged-right-wing-reactions-romneys-defeat

Ashy Larry
11-07-2012, 03:09 PM
2. Fox News Blames the Media Bias

The most biased network of all is now taking mainstream journalists to task for being too mean to Mitt Romney during the campaign. After Obama easily captured the electoral college, a Fox News editorial declared, (http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/11/07/five-ways-mainstream-media-tipped-scales-in-favor-obama/#ixzz2BYNvI6Qw) [4] “If, in celebrating his victory Obama wanted to give credit where credit is due, he might want to think about calling some of America's top journalists, since their favorable approach almost certainly made the difference between victory and defeat.”

How did the mainstream media manage to pull off such a resounding victory for Obama? According to the editorial writer Rich Noyes, the research director for the Media Research Center, these journalists were too effective at exposing the real agenda of the GOP ticket.

Noyes takes the media to task for its extensive coverage of Romney’s now infamous “47% video,” which he complains was a mere “gaffe” rather than an essential preview of the way the Romney-Ryan ticket would have sought to decimate the safety net programs that are essential for millions of Americans.

Meanwhile, he was none too happy with those pesky female debate moderators, ABC’s Martha Raddatz and CNN’s Candy Crowley, who actually decided to moderate the debates rather than merely allow the candidates to spew lies.

All in all, it sounds like Fox News is mad at journalists for doing their jobs, but that should come as no surprise from a network that hasn’t embraced the same standards for journalistic integrity.

Michelle Malkin

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Really, for all the whining about how Democrats were poor sports in 2004, Republicans sure don't seem to mind being poor sports today.

ploto
11-07-2012, 05:06 PM

Someone I know wrote on his FB that after last night, the US morals are down the tube. I assumed he would go on to talk about gay marriage or abortion, but no, it was all about marijuana.

ChumpDumper
11-07-2012, 05:08 PM
human-cattleThis could be the best ongoing meltdown in the history of SpursTalk.

Clipper Nation
11-07-2012, 05:12 PM
I can't wait for conservative heads to explode when they have to side either with state's rights for marijuana or side with the Drug War against marijuana... should be awesome.
Are you kidding? Neocons HATE states' rights, they're just as massive statists as the Democrats, tbh...

Wild Cobra
11-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Really, for all the whining about how Democrats were poor sports in 2004, Republicans sure don't seem to mind being poor sports today.
I haven't been watching, but I will bet it isn't anything like 2000 and 2004. Of course they will find whiners. How about the candidates though?

Clipper Nation
11-07-2012, 05:15 PM

Don't forget this shit from 2000....

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/SORE-LOSERMAN-GORE-LIEBERMAN-2000-Crying-Towel-Presidential-Race-Souvenir-/00/s/MTIwMFgxNjAw/$T2eC16JHJFoE9nh6m-mjBQSmwyVSgw~~60_35.JPG

http://www.historycommons.org/events-images/a999soreloserman_2050081722-41334.jpg

boutons_deux
11-07-2012, 05:55 PM
"for all the whining about how Democrats were poor sports in 2004"

Kerry was swiftboated with TX $Ms.

Bishop Gecko got bitch slapped.

Capt Bringdown
11-07-2012, 09:42 PM
http://media.salon.com/2012/11/dick_morris_fox_square.jpg

mavs>spurs
11-07-2012, 10:14 PM
with the election over, this semen cloud looming over the political forum may take days to dissipate imho

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2012, 10:19 PM
with the election over, this semen cloud looming over the political forum may take days to dissipate imho
You'd have cum till you dehydrated and died had Romney won.

DeadlyDynasty
11-07-2012, 10:21 PM
There's nothing wrong with laughing at the expense of an infuriated network that has a trough full of crow to eat.

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Tbh, M>S strikes me as the kinda guy that has a lot of time and other stuff on his hands regularly anyways.

DMC
11-07-2012, 11:31 PM
He strikes me as a guy who has a job post college and doesn't need to transfer to Clovis. (j/k)

LnGrrrR
11-07-2012, 11:38 PM
He strikes me as a guy who has a job post college and doesn't need to transfer to Clovis. (j/k)

If the EFMP process works, hopefully I won't have to either. Crossing my fingers on that one. Not a lot of pediatric oculoplastic surgeons in that area, surprisingly.

Jacob1983
11-07-2012, 11:57 PM
Can we get some video of Megyn Kelly doing her sexy walk down the hallway and showing off her stripper legs and heels?

DMC
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
If the EFMP process works, hopefully I won't have to either. Crossing my fingers on that one. Not a lot of pediatric oculoplastic surgeons in that area, surprisingly.

Hope it works out for you and your family.

DMC
11-08-2012, 12:01 AM
Can we get some video of Megyn Kelly doing her sexy walk down the hallway and showing off her stripper legs and heels?

Why, you need to be talked down again?

Jacob1983
11-08-2012, 12:02 AM
Yep. Why didn't Kelly just show her legs to Karl Rove to calm him the fuck down last night?

sook
11-08-2012, 01:10 AM

wtf?

Since when do you make such level headed statements?

Or was that sarcasm?

ChumpDumper
11-08-2012, 05:38 AM
with the election over, this semen cloud looming over the political forum may take days to dissipate imhoYou'll never be able to wipe it all off your face tbh.

LnGrrrR
11-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Hope it works out for you and your family.

Thanks! :tu Me too.

JohnnyMarzetti
11-08-2012, 01:07 PM
Term limits

boutons_deux
11-08-2012, 01:22 PM
I remarked that MK, for a empty-headed bimbo sex symbol/pretty face, looked klutzy in her long walk, like she didn't really know how walk in high heels.

mavs>spurs
11-08-2012, 01:28 PM
You'll never be able to wipe it all off your face tbh.
Are you finished soaking in your golden Fox News shower? Lol chump dweller austinite

ChumpDumper
11-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Are you finished soaking in your golden Fox News shower?While your metaphor makes no sense whatsoever, the Rove meltdown was epic. Even a guy without a foreskin could see that.
Lol chump dweller austiniteIt's a nice city. Even better now with single-member districts. :toast

mavs>spurs
11-08-2012, 06:39 PM
crofl austin keep austin weird! bizarre place full of creeps

ChumpDumper
11-08-2012, 06:41 PM
:cryEvery place has creeps.

mavs>spurs
11-08-2012, 06:44 PM
the fact that both you and dpg reside in basements there = 'nuff said

lol, the thought of you down in austin handing out candy to kids gave me a good laugh

ChumpDumper
11-08-2012, 06:46 PM
the fact that both you and dpg reside in basements there = 'nuff saidFalsch. There are very few basements in Austin. Limestone tbh.

lol, the thought of you down in austin handing out candy to kids gave me a good laughlol, the thought of you trying to triangulate my location like so much Wild Cobra gave me a good laugh.

mavs>spurs
11-08-2012, 06:49 PM
again, your inability to discern trolling from reality is disturbing as to the level of intelligence from the left in this country. dude, i work a lot and its got me dogged the fuck out. i barely get online anymore, i don't have time to sit around on the internet pulling spurstalk shenanigans like triangulating other posters all day. that would take some serious IT skills.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2012, 06:51 PM
again, your inability to discern trolling from reality is disturbing as to the level of intelligence from the left in this country. dude, i work a lot and its got me dogged the fuck out. i barely get online anymore, i don't have time to sit around on the internet pulling spurstalk shenanigans like triangulating other posters all day. that would take some serious IT skills.Again, your attempts to somehow scurr me failed miserably and you turned to the lame "jes trollin'" fallback we have all seen before.

Boring.

mavs>spurs
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
again, wasn't actually an attempt to scare you, i was having fun with you. even a liberal could figure that out. you're fun to fuck with for about 5 minutes a day then you lose your novelty value.

ChumpDumper
11-08-2012, 06:55 PM
I was jes trollin because i knew you wouldn't fall for it.

CuckingFunt
11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
again, your inability to discern trolling from reality is disturbing as to the level of intelligence from the left in this country. dude, i work a lot and its got me dogged the fuck out. i barely get online anymore, i don't have time to sit around on the internet pulling spurstalk shenanigans like triangulating other posters all day. that would take some serious IT skills.

I think you must define "barely" a lot differently than I do.

mavs>spurs
11-08-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm only free for about a 5:30 or 6 to 10 window. Not here too much tbh.

boutons_deux
11-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Karl Rove: Obama ‘succeeded by suppressing the vote’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Karl-Rove-screenshot.jpg

Republican political strategist Karl Rove on Thursday claimed that President Barack Obama was re-elected because he was able to suppress voters.

During an appearance on Fox News, Rove claimed that Obama had not gotten more people to vote for him, compared to 2008. Instead, Obama successfully retained his 2008 supporters and convinced voters not to cast their ballots for his Republican challenger Mitt Romney.

“He succeeded by suppressing the vote, by saying to people, ‘You may not like who I am and I know you can’t bring yourself to vote for me, but I’m going to paint this other guy as simply a rich guy who only cares about himself,’” he said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/karl-rove-obama-succeeded-by-suppressing-the-vote/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRawStory+%28The+Raw+Story% 29

Self-immolation couldn't happen to a nicer, more deserving greasebag

boutons_deux
11-11-2012, 10:50 AM
5 Very Bad Things That Happened to Karl Rove in Just 2 Days

There’s been much schadenfreude on the left in the days after Tuesday’s election, and understandably so: Fox News, right-wing politicians, and conservative pundits all took an embarrassing beating.

Perhaps the biggest recipient of that schadenfreude is Karl Rove. Rove has had a rough week, to put it mildly. After his infamous meltdown on Fox News Tuesday night – at one point in the evening Fox anchor Megyn Kelly asked him if his calculations were “math you do as a Republican to make yourself feel better” – things have just continued to go downhill. Here’s how.

1. Researchers find that Rove’s super PAC was one of the election’s biggest losers.

Researchers at the watchdog group the Sunlight Foundation found that [3] Rove’s American Crossroads super PAC came in second to last, ahead of only the NRA, in terms of how much “bang for their buck” they got in this election. The American Prospect explains [4]:

[T]he biggest money-waster of all, you will be eternally gratified to hear, was Karl Rove's American Crossroads super PAC, which forked out a whopping $104 million and had a “desired result” rate of 1.29 percent. That’s right, folks: The great genius of American Republicanism wasted more of his donors’ money than anyone else. (His non-profit group, Crossroads GPS, did marginally better—a 14-percent “desired result” rate.) Looked at one way, though, American Crossroads had a kind of perfect score: The super PAC supported zero candidates who won on Tuesday.

At the other end of the scale is Planned Parenthood, which had a more than 97 percent success rate with its two political funds.

2. He gets chewed out by wealthy GOP donors.

The Huffington Post reports [5] that rich donors are none too pleased with Rove:

"The billionaire donors I hear are livid," one Republican operative told The Huffington Post. "There is some holy hell to pay. Karl Rove has a lot of explaining to do … I don't know how you tell your donors that we spent $390 million and got nothing."

3. Even the ridiculous Donald Trump makes him look foolish

Though not quite factually accurate, this tweet from Donald Trump is a good example of the rich dude rage directed at Rove:

Congrats to @karlrove [6] on blowing $400 million this cycle. Every race Crossroadsgps [7] ran ads in, the Republicans lost. What a waste of money.
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 7, 2012 [8]

Supposedly Rove held a call with donors yesterday [9]. That must’ve be interesting.

4. He shows how much he’s living in fantasy land by saying Obama “suppressed the vote.”

Rove’s election night Fox News performance revealed exactly how much of a liar he is. Yet he continues to try and pass off obvious BS as reality. Case in point: his claim earlier this week that Obama, whose campaign led a large, successful get out the vote campaign, won the election by “suppressing the vote.” The LA Times puts his remarks in context [10]:

Appearing on Fox News, where he enthusiastically contested the network’s call of Ohio in favor of Obama earlier in the week, Rove said that Obama had “succeeded by suppressing the vote,” particularly by denigrating “Romney’s character, business acumen, experience.”

Rove’s remarks come after a recent outcry from voices on the left that Republicans were attempting to suppress the vote though voter ID initiatives in vital states such as Pennsylvania and Florida.

5. The devastating op-eds keep rolling in.

Headlines like these keep showing up everywhere:

Karl Rove Is The Most Overrated Person In Politics Today [11] (CBS Boston)

Is Karl Rove's Political Career Over? [12] (U.S. News and World Report)

Karl Rove rejects reality [13] (CNN)

It’s time for Karl Rove to float away in a balloon [14] (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

Finally, Rove is getting taken to task for his lying and manipulating. What took everyone so long?

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-very-bad-things-happened-karl-rove-just-2-days (http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/5-very-bad-things-happened-karl-rove-just-2-days)

boutons_deux
11-11-2012, 01:58 PM
After Election Losses, Media Agree That Fox News Has Damaged The GOP

the success of this misinformation resulted in the "single most damaging moment for Mitt Romney in this election, the 47 percent tape." Waldman further wrote that Fox and other conservative media may be "the right's Achilles' Heel."

Fox "knows it's constantly lying to its audience" and that it discovered "constant lying isn't [a] consistently effective electoral strategy." Conor Friedersdorf of The Atlantic likewise argued that misinformation from Fox and conservative media cost Romney the election and wrote that "right-leaning outlets like Fox News and Rush Limbaugh's show are far more intellectually closed than CNN or public radio. If you're a rank-and-file conservative, you're probably ready to acknowledge that ideologically friendly media didn't accurately inform you about Election 2012."

And The Telegraph's Dan Hodes, in a column headlined "Fox News is killing the Republican party," even posited that "Fox News, widely perceived to be one of the Republican party's greatest assets, has actually become a liability to it":
etc, etc

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/10/after-election-losses-media-agree-that-fox-news/191330

boutons_deux
11-12-2012, 02:09 PM
"Christian" asshole pastors are damn golden, too

Texas Megachurch Pastor: Obama’s Re-election Will Lead To ‘Reign Of The Antichrist’

“I want you to hear me tonight, I am not saying that President Obama is the Antichrist, I am not saying that at all. One reason I know he’s not the Antichrist is the Antichrist is going to have much higher poll numbers when he comes,” said Jeffress.

“President Obama is not the Antichrist. But what I am saying is this: the course he is choosing to lead our nation is paving the way for the future reign of the Antichrist.”

http://thinkprogress.org/election/2012/11/12/1177841/texas-megachurch-pastor-obamas-re-election-will-lead-to-reign-of-the-antichrist/

And 1000s of his dumbfuck "Christians" suck up his bullshit as it were divinely revealed (which itself is nothing but another con job)

boutons_deux
11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
Grover Norquist: Obama Won By Calling Romney ‘A Poopy Head’

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/11/12/1177561/grover-norquist-obama-won-by-calling-romney-a-poopy-head/

Repugs and right-wingers and "Christians" are a standing, unrepenant INSULT to human intelligence and American civilization

baseline bum
11-13-2012, 12:59 PM

And Romney would have won had he not selected Ryan as his running mate. Going extreme right when anyone who liked Ryan was already voting for Romney anyways was insanely stupid.

boutons_deux
11-13-2012, 01:05 PM
BS. Bishop Gecko's personal approval/likability ratings always sucked.

No common touch whatsoever,

and foot-in-mouth stuff like

"I like to fire people",

"Corporations are people, too my little friend"

"Ann drives a couple Cadillacs",

"I'm unemployed, too",

etc, etc

really proved was politically tone deaf, iow, a shitty politician who got exactly what he deserved. Ryan was the hidden toxic asset to be rolled out after the election.