PDA

View Full Version : TrueHoop - The Spurs are at it again

Seventyniner
11-07-2012, 07:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/51116/the-san-antonio-spurs-are-at-it-again

Yeah, another fluff piece, but one thing that stuck out was Arnovitz agreeing with something timvp has said in his game thoughts: Diaw has been playing great defense so far. So many of us salivate over the "defensive 4," but perhaps he's already in the starting lineup!

Sure, Diaw is no shot-blocker, but a complicated system like Pop's works so much better with high-BBIQ players in it. This might be a factor as to why the Spurs perhaps haven't pursued Kenyon Martin yet.

DPG21920
11-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Spurs still need another defensive 4 for the bench.

timvp
11-07-2012, 07:22 PM
:tu Good to see Diaw get some credit for his defense. It has been really, really good so far this season. It's not easy for a bigman who can't block shots to be great on D but Diaw has been able to do that.

Tonight vs. Griffin will be a test, though.

crc21209
11-07-2012, 07:41 PM
Good find. :tu But yeah, we do need another defensive big man, whether it's a 4 or a 5. I've been pretty damn impressed with Diaw's D this year. He's in the right spot at the right times, holds his position, and doesnt foul much. I also think the perimeter D has been improved from last season so far...

Paranoid Pop
11-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Good find. :tu But yeah, we do need another defensive big man, whether it's a 4 or a 5. I've been pretty damn impressed with Diaw's D this year. He's in the right spot at the right times, holds his position, and doesnt foul much. I also think the perimeter D has been improved from last season so far...

Yeah last year he was often in foul trouble going for steals, good point.

ace3g
11-07-2012, 07:56 PM
If I remember correctly, Splitter mobility/defense did well against the Clippers front court.