PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: That was the most pathetic display of stat padding I've ever seen.

midnightpulp
11-07-2012, 11:34 PM
He has to get his 30 no matter what. Guess Kirby's pain goes away (thought he was injured?) when there's cheap points to be scored in game that can't be won, even if that means putting more wear on your supposedly injured leg.

This clown has more meaningless 30 point games than anyone in NBA history.

jeebus
11-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Just Hand Them The Title

Bynumite
11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Ship his ass out.

midnightpulp
11-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Ship his ass out.

Ship your entire team's ass out. They fuckin' suck.

Clipper Nation
11-07-2012, 11:39 PM
Ship his ass out.

:lol

TE
11-07-2012, 11:40 PM
He has to get his 30 no matter what. Guess Kirby's pain goes away (thought he was injured?) when there's cheap points to be scored in game that can't be won, even if that means putting more wear on your supposedly injured leg.

This clown has more meaningless 30 point games than anyone in NBA history.
What happened?

NickiRasgo
11-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Thanks for him, he's my player in NBA Fantasy Draft. :downspin:

ElNono
11-07-2012, 11:47 PM
power went out like 3 times here... but sounds like a typical Kobe game

pass1st
11-07-2012, 11:49 PM
Kobe was trying to be a hero, nobody was going to close that gap so Kobe figured he'd try and pull a t-mac.

midnightpulp
11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
What happened?

Game was over when Big Al hit a jumper with 2:33 left that put the Jazz up 12. At that point, Brown should've called a timeout and emptied the bench. But you know Brown would never do that because he knows Kirby would go Eagle, CO on his potato head ass for denying him a chance to pad.

Kobe went on to score 8 meaningless points thereafter.

Richie
11-07-2012, 11:51 PM
The lakers ran no offence at the end, as soon as Kobe touched the ball it was only leaving his hands from a shot. Teammates just stood around and watched. Lakers can't win if Kobe does that, so long may it continue.

Fernando TD21
11-08-2012, 02:32 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whs0Zmx-vn0

Fabbs
11-08-2012, 12:41 PM
46-18 Fts
With less then a minute to go the refs give Utah 4 FTs. Was that some kind of last gasp attempt to cover the scam?
Kirby shot 8 straight FTs in about a 2 minute stretch late 4th.

On the Kirby WWE Scale, how gagging was the reffing?

Baseline
11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Exactly. Bryant's been doing this for 15 years. I've always said that he's the all-time greatest GARBAGE TIME scorer in NBA history.

Whether it's games LA was losing by 15-20, or winning by 15-20, he's in there in the 4th quarter, jacking up shots and "giving 100%" when everybody else on the court is phoning it in. It's embarrassing to watch, but Laker fans are too stupid to admit that he does it. His level of selfishness stands out in neon even in the ego-driven NBA.

It's clear that the most important thing to Bryant is getting the all-time scoring title. Regardless of their personnel, they've always been a better team when he shoots less, but we all know that's never going to happen. He's had a stranglehold on the franchise since he got Shaquille shipped out of town.

Killakobe81
11-08-2012, 09:36 PM
If you watched that game and that is what you got out of it, then you are a blind hater or dont know shit about ball. He tried vainly to win. Dot get me wrong his TO's contributed mightily to the loss and his defense hasnt helped ... but that was not stat padding.

pass1st
11-08-2012, 09:43 PM
If you watched that game and that is what you got out of it, then you are a blind hater or dont know shit about ball. He tried vainly to win. Dot get me wrong his TO's contributed mightily to the loss and his defense hasnt helped ... but that was not stat padding.

Midnight has a personal vendetta against the Lakers lately, for some reason. Not as entertaining as 21_dickings :depressed

Latarian Milton
11-08-2012, 11:53 PM
kobe might act a stat whore at times but none of his stat padding events came remotely as pathetic as guys like bobby sura or ricky davis, who would throw the ball against their own boards to reach double digits in rebounds and to achieve da triple double imho

scanry
11-09-2012, 12:07 AM
Midnight has a personal vendetta against the Lakers lately, for some reason. Not as entertaining as 21_dickings :depressed

Quite obvious, but don't you think he has a point? Kobe doesn't have to stat pad at this stage of his career. Would you imagine what his average ppg would be if he were to play for a coach like Pop, Rivers, Sloan or L Brown. His numbers are kinda of overrated and as good as Lebron is, i've never seen him stat pad in his young career. Kobe on the other hand always has to go hero mode even when he has HOF teammates. I'd be quite pissed if my team had a player with that kind of a mentality.

scanry
11-09-2012, 12:08 AM
kobe might act a stat whore at times but none of his stat padding events came remotely as pathetic as guys like bobby sura or ricky davis, who would throw the ball against their own boards to reach double digits in rebounds and to achieve da triple double imho

who?

pass1st
11-09-2012, 12:36 AM
Quite obvious, but don't you think he has a point? Kobe doesn't have to stat pad at this stage of his career. Would you imagine what his average ppg would be if he were to play for a coach like Pop, Rivers, Sloan or L Brown. His numbers are kinda of overrated and as good as Lebron is, i've never seen him stat pad in his young career. Kobe on the other hand always has to go hero mode even when he has HOF teammates. I'd be quite pissed if my team had a player with that kind of a mentality.

I don't really care as long as he isn't costing games. Sometimes Kobe's hero antics win games, sometimes they cost games. Usually when Kobe is given the green light the game is already out the window so it doesn't really matter. I don't care about Kobe's stats, not a big fan.

midnightpulp
11-09-2012, 12:40 AM

Just doing my part to wash away all these semen stains that were left by Koolaid, Lkrfan, and Bynumite following the Lakers' big off-season lateral moves. You were hardly here during Summer, but let me tell you, the Jizz Hurricane those 3 produced rivaled Sandy's magnitude.

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Get an extra broom son, to wash away the spurs unclassy ass, along with all the semen from your pre-ejaculatory anti-Laker threads during the playoffs.

pass1st
11-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Just doing my part to wash away all these semen stains that were left by Koolaid, Lkrfan, and Bynumite following the Lakers' big off-season lateral moves. You were hardly here during Summer, but let me tell you, the Jizz Hurricane those 3 produced rivaled Sandy's magnitude.

Tbh, Howard was a smart move. Bynum's knee came back just a few weeks after getting shipped off, the FO knew it was only a matter of time.

midnightpulp
11-09-2012, 12:52 AM
Get an extra broom son, to wash away the spurs unclassy ass, along with all the semen from your pre-ejaculatory anti-Laker threads during the playoffs.

How were those pre-ejaculatory when the Lakers wound up losing in the 2nd round?

If anything, they were foreplay for me since they wound up precipitating a very, very satisfying climax.

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm talking about your current season anti-LAL fap fest.

midnightpulp
11-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Tbh, Howard was a smart move. Bynum's knee came back just a few weeks after getting shipped off, the FO knew it was only a matter of time.

Bynum has shown he can comeback strong from his knee problems. Even when Bynum was a Laker and the subject of my insult, I always preferred his game over Howard's. Howard is one severe injury from being a poor man's DeAndre Jordan, whereas Bynum doesn't need to worry about injuries affecting his athleticism because his game is centered around skill and he's long enough to play well above the rim without having to jump very high, much like Tim Duncan.

But who knows. Maybe Byrnum will never return to form and be one of those players who spends half his career on the disabled list.

pass1st
11-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Bynum has shown he can comeback strong from his knee problems. Even when Bynum was a Laker and the subject of my insult, I always preferred his game over Howard's. Howard is one severe injury from being a poor man's DeAndre Jordan, whereas Bynum doesn't need to worry about injuries affecting his athleticism because his game is centered around skill and he's long enough to play well above the rim without having to jump very high, much like Tim Duncan.

But who knows. Maybe Byrnum will never return to form and be one of those players who spends half his career on the disabled list.

Bynum's comeback is due to his young age and he's getting older. You never make a 100% recovery from a knee injury and Bynum coming back could just be a testament to how good he actually could have been. Bynum is also pretty damn inconsistent, he has monster games then shitty games. He might be immensely talented when you consider that he's not in great shape and he's sustained knee injuries, but at this point it is proven that his knee is fragile.

I loved Bynum, he was a beast, but the dude just could not get his shit together and he had a dozen injury scares last season. With Howard, you have somebody who has never had a serious injury and can play every minute of a game if needed. He's just more reliable, Bynum might have had a higher ceiling but he got reset after each injury. I hope he bounces back, but who really does after the amount of knee problems as he does?

z0sa
11-09-2012, 05:23 AM
The one piece of the puzzle Mitchy forgot about.

weebo
11-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Bynum's comeback is due to his young age and he's getting older. You never make a 100% recovery from a knee injury and Bynum coming back could just be a testament to how good he actually could have been. Bynum is also pretty damn inconsistent, he has monster games then shitty games. He might be immensely talented when you consider that he's not in great shape and he's sustained knee injuries, but at this point it is proven that his knee is fragile.

I loved Bynum, he was a beast, but the dude just could not get his shit together and he had a dozen injury scares last season. With Howard, you have somebody who has never had a serious injury and can play every minute of a game if needed. He's just more reliable, Bynum might have had a higher ceiling but he got reset after each injury. I hope he bounces back, but who really does after the amount of knee problems as he does?

A back injury with surgery, no matter how minor they claim it to be, is ALWAYS serious. Don't kid yourself.

pass1st
11-09-2012, 01:40 PM
A back injury with surgery, no matter how minor they claim it to be, is ALWAYS serious. Don't kid yourself.

It really isn't, a herniated disk isn't some sort of debilitating injury that stays with you for life. Most people recover from it without surgery, you get surgery just so you can recover faster.

Malik Hairston
11-10-2012, 12:25 AM
:lol Lakers up by 18 in the 4th, Kobe back in..

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:34 AM
:lol Lakers up by 18 in the 4th, Kobe back in..

:lol