PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio @ Clippers Meltdown Thread

Stabula
11-08-2012, 02:07 AM
While I'm not surprised the Spurs lost and I'm not exactly freaking out I did find the game worrying. I'm not upset so much about the loss as I am about the fact that it was a blowout. Granted I'm sure the Clippers came out with extra energy than usual having been swept by the Spurs in the playoffs just a few months ago but how will the Spurs be able to contain their raw athleticism?

The Good: Diaw's defense again was excellent tonight and he came out with a little more offensive aggression than usual. Danny Green also proved to us that he is no longer living in the WCF and can knock down big shots when it counts. Splitter looked like he has been listening to the obvious criticisms of him playing much too soft. You're fucking 7 foot Splitter it's about time we start seeing some dunks out of you.

The Bad: Just about everything else. Duncan looked like the old man we remember from a couple years ago, Parker was invisible, and Ginobili still doesn't look 100%. All in all the big three played like ass. Leonard really stunk it up tonight. The turn overs were painful to watch. The offense this year in general really seems to be struggling even though marginal improvements are being made to defense. No one from the bench stepped up tonight when the entire star cast might as well have taken the night off.

We'll see how the guys in black and silver bounce back I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Manu-20
11-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Don't take this game to serious I live in CA and see the clippers play a lot this was just the clippers playing near perfect Mokeyball tonight added with some fluke shots and the spurs sleepwalking most of the night. When it matters and if the spurs actully seem to give a damn about winning against the clippers they will come out on top which is what is going to happen next time these teams meet book it. Aside from that I can live with Neal being backup pg once ginobili is back at 100% but still I would like to see Nando get some pt his passing is just great and I think he could actully shoot the ball decently if given the playing time during games.

Stabula
11-08-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah definitely some fluke shots by the Clips tonight. Our guys looked down right lethargic out there, ugly game to watch as a Spurs fan. I hope Mills and/or De Colo really start shining I'm tired of seeing Neal out there.

You know you had a shit night when Bonner gets the second best grade from timvp

racm
11-08-2012, 02:48 AM
The Spurs weren't in this game and CP3 and company decided they wanted to punk the Spurs after they went a perfect 3-0 at Staples last season, tbh

Dex
11-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Spurs had an off-night, and could never find a rhythm. Clippers were on fire, and were hitting bullshit shots all night (Barnes from 45 feet, Green falling away off on foot, Crawford's terrible floater turning into a Jordan 'oop). Those nights happen in a regular season, and they usually don't end well.

Could be worse. At least we aren't 1-4 with the whole country laughing at us. :lol

Horse
11-08-2012, 01:43 PM
That's the thing right there, they took the night off end of story.

FromWayDowntown
11-08-2012, 01:53 PM
It wouldn't be a Spurs season if there wasn't an early season blowout loss that leaves some fans on the ledge and thinking that there's no way this team can really compete. It happens every year, it seems.

Stabula
11-08-2012, 07:47 PM
Could be worse. At least we aren't 1-4 with the whole country laughing at us. :lol Quoted for truth.

spurs10
11-08-2012, 08:01 PM
'Sir, please step back from the edge....come back inside and we'll talk about it.' Nobody played more than 25 minutes. We were letting the Clips regain a morsel of their manhood.

Poolboy5623
11-08-2012, 09:16 PM
I turned the channel when Paul fell down on his own and then he and his mentally weak teammates went Into wwe mode on manu.I have a really hard time watching the clippers and their nonsense. I do wanna point out though, while it's nice to see Danny green back, he still has to show he can do it I the postseason. He played well last year in the regular season before his Houdini act. With that said, the spurs need a defensive big if they wanna really contend for a title. They intimidate no one Inside, on d(or o for that matter)..

Obstructed_View
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Bizarro game. Tony Parker actually passed on a fast break and Danny Green actually finished the play.

HI-FI
11-08-2012, 09:25 PM
if we were 1-4 like Lakers i'd be worried. they probably knew they weren't going to match the energy of the Clippers and hung out in clubs or bars the night before. They looked tired or hungover this game. I'm not saying we don't have issues that need to be addressed, but we're still clearly a playoff team.

TampaDude
11-08-2012, 10:32 PM
Meh...Spurs mailed it in...still 4-1, which is a shitload better than 1-4. :lol

Agloco
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
It wouldn't be a Spurs season if there wasn't an early season blowout loss that leaves some fans on the ledge and thinking that there's no way this team can really compete. It happens every year, it seems.

This.

Poolboy5623
11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
When you say "compete", do you mean for a championship or to just be competitive and win a playoff series or two?

Stabula
11-09-2012, 12:25 AM
I have a feeling the next time the Spurs meet the Clippers it will result in another loss albeit it'll be much closer. The Clippers are just too athletic and their bigs just dominate ours on the glass.

Stabula
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Thought it'd be a good time to bump this thread.

DAF86
11-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Fuck everybody.

McGusto55
11-19-2012, 10:27 PM
I agree ...

Stabula
11-19-2012, 11:02 PM
I have a feeling the next time the Spurs meet the Clippers it will result in another loss albeit it'll be much closer. The Clippers are just too athletic and their bigs just dominate ours on the glass. Boom bold me.

Floyd Pacquiao
11-19-2012, 11:06 PM
spurs lost because we didn't have are star forward's jackson & leonard plain and simple...they also played sloppy as fuk...I give no credit to the clippers they do not impress me at all...

Stabula
11-19-2012, 11:10 PM
The officiating was downright disgusting tonight. Consistently nauseating throughout the entirety of the game. It wasn't just a bad call here and there it was the whole fucking game it made me want to jump through the TV to punch one of them in the face. Also Leonard and Jackson were dearly dearly missed tonight. What a loss... What a loss...

rascal
11-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Don't take this game to serious I live in CA and see the clippers play a lot this was just the clippers playing near perfect Mokeyball tonight added with some fluke shots and the spurs sleepwalking most of the night. When it matters and if the spurs actully seem to give a damn about winning against the clippers they will come out on top which is what is going to happen next time these teams meet book it. Aside from that I can live with Neal being backup pg once ginobili is back at 100% but still I would like to see Nando get some pt his passing is just great and I think he could actully shoot the ball decently if given the playing time during games.

The Clippers are growing as a team and are already much better than at the end of last year.

LakerHater
11-19-2012, 11:19 PM
What is it like, the 10th game...... C'MON!

tim_duncan_fan
11-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Aside from the injuries, I feel like I should blame Tony Parker. It's like he's playing like a lame-ass because he's realized Tim Duncan is back in business.

We still need that little fuck to bring his A-game every night. He can kiss my ass with his 11 points and 6 assists.

TheSkeptic
11-19-2012, 11:23 PM
What is it like, the 10th game...... C'MON!

Because it needs to be said twice.
I think the Spurs win this game if Leonard and Jax play. As bad as the offense was, this came down to defense and rebounding imo. If TP shoots a decent percentage Spurs still win this one.
Clips played well and we lost but there's no need to start panicking just yet.

Stabula
11-19-2012, 11:36 PM
We lost this game with the Clippers turning the ball over like mad and generally playing poor as well. Don't expect the Clips to play much worse than this and we still lost. Legitimate reason for concern.

TheSkeptic
11-19-2012, 11:40 PM
^^ I wouldn't say the Clips are a dream match-up or anything like that. Clearly they're a very good team. But the Spurs were still in this one without their SFs/better perimeter defenders and in spite of terrible officiating and pretty much everyone playing badly on offense besides. This degree of panicking is premature imo because this one was fairly even all things considered.

TampaDude
11-20-2012, 12:02 AM
November...'nuff said...

Horse
11-20-2012, 01:25 PM
We had two major pieces out, played even worse than the clippers with turnovers and missing wide open shots, the refs absoulutly raped us and we still had a shot down the strech. No reason for concern.

Spurs da champs
11-20-2012, 02:10 PM
The lack of energy/physical bigs was even more apparent in this game then the last, so you all can keep on saying 'non' issue but it's most defiantly an issue!

cd98
11-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Spurs could have won that game. They just missed shots and had too many broken plays and careless passes. One game isn't the concern. The bigger concern is can we be better than last year. Last year, Parker played as an MVP candidate and all-star and we hit our threes. This year, Parker is playing like a 30 year old point guard (good, but not great like he was last year) and the Spurs are shooting terrible. At some point age was going to catch up with this team, and it looks like it is, Tim Duncan's recent play notwithstanding.

Perhaps even as important as the two factors above, the third factor, our young guys, have not taken a big enough step from last year towards being more potent offensive and defensive weapons. They may be a little better, but not enough to make up for Parker's decline.

therealtruth
11-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Spurs could have won that game. They just missed shots and had too many broken plays and careless passes. One game isn't the concern. The bigger concern is can we be better than last year. Last year, Parker played as an MVP candidate and all-star and we hit our threes. This year, Parker is playing like a 30 year old point guard (good, but not great like he was last year) and the Spurs are shooting terrible. At some point age was going to catch up with this team, and it looks like it is, Tim Duncan's recent play notwithstanding.

Perhaps even as important as the two factors above, the third factor, our young guys, have not taken a big enough step from last year towards being more potent offensive and defensive weapons. They may be a little better, but not enough to make up for Parker's decline.

The problem with relying on Parker is what happens when he suddenly lets you down and decides to stop playing like an MVP like in a game 3 of the WCF? The team is so used to winning one way they can't adjust that quickly.

justinandimcool
11-21-2012, 10:22 AM

Our young guys are too gentle-manly. No edge. Probably try to be too "Spurs-like" to fit the mold. DeAndre Jordan, Blake Griffin, and Eric Bledsoe, as much as I hate this word, have a swagger about them. They play with a chip on their shoulder and LOVE coming through when their back is against the wall. They feed off hustling and punking the opposition.

Green, Mills, Splitter, Leonard though obviously last night was none of his fault...all focus too much on doing things the "right" way instead of just playing balls to the wall hard and matching the other team's toughness.

I'm all for classy, but not pussified basketball.