PDA

View Full Version : Imagine what this forum would be like if the Spurs had started 1-4

Arcadian
11-08-2012, 02:20 PM
We would see the following comments:

"Blow this shit up and start rebuilding"

"Duncan should retire"

"Trade Parker"

"Trade Ginobili"

"Trade Parker and Ginobili"

"Fire Pop"

"Fire RC"

"Tank the rest of the season"

etc.

johnnySpurs
11-08-2012, 04:52 PM
So, ya, basically the same thing we're hearing at 4-1.

Dex
11-08-2012, 05:17 PM
So, ya, basically the same thing we're hearing at 4-1.

:tu

Arcadian
11-08-2012, 06:47 PM
Lol yeah, it's the same shit we hear every year when something goes less-than-perfect...but just imagine if we had a start like the Lakers are having. The fans would be completely unforgiving and would make irrational conclusions even if it were still possible to salvage the season. And just the fact that we can predict this behavior is revealing in itself.

ElNono
11-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Non-Issue

It's not like the Spurs are contenders anyways, no matter the regular season record, tbh

Kidd K
11-08-2012, 07:18 PM
Overreactionists are on every forum man,. it's not just here. But I agree it's a bit out of hand. Especially the "fire Pop", "Duncan needs to retire", and "trade Parker" stuff. If those 3 guys weren't with the team we'd be in the lottery this year.

Imo though, the team could still use improvement in the same two areas we've needed it for years. Still don't have a real backup PG, and still we need another real bigman. Diaw definitely helped a LOT, but Splitter, despite being young and "servicable", isn't good enough to win a title with considering what else we have to work with. Blair at least will come in and do a bit to eat up minutes occaisionally to keep the miles of the other bigs down, so I'm fine with him in his current role.

Stabula
11-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Mills and De Colo need more time to develop into the back up PG role. I'm getting tired of seeing number 14 out there.

alamo50
11-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Come back in a month.

johnnySpurs
11-09-2012, 09:50 AM
Mills and De Colo need more time to develop into the back up PG role. I'm getting tired of seeing number 14 out there.

I actually don't mind seeing 14 out there, it's when he begins to actually handle the ball that I cringe.

sananspursfan21
11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I actually don't mind seeing 14 out there, it's when he begins to actually handle the ball that I cringe.

i cringe everytime he throws up what looks like an idiotic shot...... then he makes it and i sit back down and give a little fist pump

Cow Eye
11-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Non-Issue

It's not like the Spurs are contenders anyways, no matter the regular season record, tbh

:tu

11-09-2012, 06:53 PM
it would have at least forced the spurs to consider a shake up instead of marching out the same, older, lineup.

Arcadian
11-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Definitely the Spurs need improvement. And yet, they are clear contenders in the WC. Their toughest foes are Chicago and Miami. Right now, we should be early favorites to win the west.

However, the point of this thread is not how good or bad the Spurs actually are. The point is to show how shitty some Spurs fans are with a hypothetical scenario. And you all know it's true. The moment this team starts to sink, some people on this forum (not naming any names) will be the first to jump ship. Despite everything Tony, Manu, Tim, and Pop have done for this franchise, every slip-up results in utter betrayal from some fans. And it's stupid. That is all.

dunkman
11-09-2012, 08:41 PM
With the players the Lakers have, Pop would never go 1:4 to start the season.