PDA

View Full Version : The Best Core of White Running Backs

Avante
11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
I think a "core" should be at least four. When did we ever see a team with 4 solid white running backs all there at the same time. Other than wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day has it ever happened? I do know that the Bears once had the great Red "The Galloping Ghost" Grange and the equally great Bronko Nagurski in the same backfield, talk about the classic Thunder & Lightnin' there it was. Army once had Mr Inside Doc Blanchard and Mr. Outside Glenn Davis (a 9.6 sprinter) both would win a Heisman but those are hardly "cores". Obviously neither would be Jim Taylor and Paul Horning with those Lombardi Packers, both in the Hall of Fame. Nor would that duo of Alex Webster and Frank Gifford with the old Giants. Gifford a HOFer.

I'm racking my brain trying to come up with any core of white running backs. There have been some duo like I mentioned above, the Vikes had Bill Brown and Tommy Mason but a core...hmmmmm?

Anyone?

DPG21920
11-08-2012, 05:08 PM
If you continue starting threads, I will be forced to ban you. Final warning.

DeadlyDynasty
11-08-2012, 05:34 PM
niggas out there jealous cuz we be bailin with death row

Avante
11-08-2012, 06:10 PM

I thought that was what a messgeboard was all about, no?

DPG21920
11-08-2012, 06:50 PM
I am not here to debate you. I gave you a warning. You can either comply or not. Just don't say you have not been warned.

Avante
11-08-2012, 06:53 PM
I am not here to debate you. I gave you a warning. You can either comply or not. Just don't say you have not been warned.

Yes sir, no more threads. Can I post on others threads?

DPG21920
11-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Absolutely :lol - If I didn't want you posting at all you would have just been banned. No problems with what you post within threads already started :tu

Avante
11-08-2012, 07:03 PM
Absolutely :lol - If I didn't want you posting at all you would have just been banned. No problems with what you post within threads already started :tu

So how many threads are we allowed to start in a weeks time?

DPG21920
11-08-2012, 07:20 PM
You can start 0 threads in a weeks time.

Avante
11-08-2012, 07:21 PM

You're the boss, I'll just leech but I won't like it.

Trill Clinton
11-08-2012, 07:23 PM
i'm stumped.

the white running back is an enigma.

i remember this kid in college bragging about some HS running back out of houston, who was a white boy.

i looked him up on youtube and i wasn't impressed, at all.

he bragged about him going to Michigan and being one of the best.

my response, "but he white"

his first year at Michigan he sucked and i think he ended up transferring to some small school.

sam mcguffie is his name.

just like white boxers, white runningbacks are the laughing stock of their sport.

who was the last great white boxer?

who was the last great white running back?

exactly.

Lincoln
11-08-2012, 07:30 PM
crofl

Avante
11-08-2012, 07:43 PM
i'm stumped.

the white running back is an enigma.

i remember this kid in college bragging about some HS running back out of houston, who was a white boy.

i looked him up on youtube and i wasn't impressed, at all.

he bragged about him going to Michigan and being one of the best.

my response, "but he white"

his first year at Michigan he sucked and i think he ended up transferring to some small school.

sam mcguffie is his name.

just like white boxers, white runningbacks are the laughing stock of their sport.

who was the last great white boxer?

who was the last great white running back?

exactly.

Sam Mcguffie a youtube sensation, cat was leaping over tacklers, he had speed and agility. I did think he was going to be special. Ended up at Rice, I think he got beat out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4IJ17ODo_s

The thing is this...

We only see that big athlete with speed, quicks and agility coming from those with roots to western Africa. They possess a different physique, they have a different body type. Look at all those big 220 pounders with speed, we don't see those kinds of people that aren't black, Then there's the tall with speed athlete like a Usain Bolt, Calvin Johnson, Randy Moss, Francis Obikwelu from Nigeria. Size with speed is a black thing.

Then there's blazing speed with incredible elusivness/agility that is also a black thing, white guys simply don't have the gift. They just can't move like that. (few exceptions)

Jimmy Brown was 6-2 230 pounds with 9.8ish type speed, he also had elusiveness, we never see a big fast white guy with some moves. They just don't make um.

The best white running back of all time was an exception to the rule, he was a great hs hurdler and had speed and great moves....Hugh "The King" McElhenny. He had it all, he's in the Hall of Fame.

Jim Taylor was a stud but just a power guy, another Hall of Famer.

John Riggins and Larry Czonka were just bulls, Riggins did have some speed but nothing special. More Hall of Famers.

Those would be on the Mount Rushmore of white running backs.

The last great white running back in the NFL? Can't go with Peyton Hillis, so...hmmm?...Craig James...but do we call him great? Nay.

I can't ignore Keith Lincoln, he was a solid back with the Chargers when they had Pul Lowe a great tailback. Lincoln could have really been special if not for Lowe. He is histories only player to score..

rushing
receiving
passing
kick off return
punt return
PAT
FG.

KoolAid Mans Brother
11-09-2012, 03:06 PM

7 hours later....

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205293&p=6183865#post6183865

http://3.cdn.tapcdn.com/images/thumbs/taps/2012/07/shaq-s-killer-dunk-01bc47e3-sz500x371-animate.gif