PDA

View Full Version : Da Admiral leaves Phil Jackson hanging

SpurPadre
11-08-2012, 08:53 PM
More "bad" behavior from Spurs players:

http://www.projectspurs.com/2012-articles/november/video-david-robinson-leaves-phil-jackson-hanging.html

This is better than TD's "flipping the bird" tbh.

Aiko9245
11-08-2012, 09:08 PM
D. Rob says, "Zen You."

Obstructed_View
11-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Robinson's always been that way. It's why he was such a jerk when Shaq was in high school and came into the locker room.

Poolboy5623
11-08-2012, 09:53 PM
The article said he didn't shake the hands of the asst coaches either, did my eyes fool me? I saw different. Definitely a slap in Phil's face..almost as bad as not mentioning pop in his Hof speech...

Juggity
11-08-2012, 10:17 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tim-duncan.gif

jon123spurs
11-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Lmao on Phil's face. Drob with a major f u in the face of the Zen master.

Poolboy5623
11-08-2012, 11:11 PM
That Timmy gif is funny...is that mahimmi? Surprised he didn't give him the bird. Jk

Sean Cagney
11-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Robinson's always been that way. It's why he was such a jerk when Shaq was in high school and came into the locker room.

Shaq made that stupid story up, come on now. He said he did it to fuel him, he needed a rivalry and made that up.

Poolboy5623
11-08-2012, 11:31 PM
And that fuel definitely lit a fire...I remember back when the two were going at it(in the media) and big Dave said something like "shaq has nothing we would want"(referring to accomplishments)..this was before either had a championship, which led to bill walton questioning what David had done..lol it was memorable(obviously)..

Kidd K
11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
DRob's one of the nicest guys in NBA history. Not seeing the point in witch hunting for videos of stuff like this.

The article said he didn't shake the hands of the asst coaches either, did my eyes fool me? I saw different. Definitely a slap in Phil's face..almost as bad as not mentioning pop in his Hof speech...

He did shake/touch the hands of 1-2 other coaches. If you watch Robinson's head and eyes, he also looks directly at Jackson on the way up, and skips right over him. I think it was on purpose.

But why should he shake his hand? It's not like he snubbed him after a game, it's just while jogging up from the tunnel. He isn't the President, and has to shake everyone's hand while passing by the team. I'm fine with it.

Two10Whitey
11-08-2012, 11:38 PM
When I was like 10 or 11 years old.. My family and I was chosen to stand on court during the team introduction. David put his hands up for his teammates while Will Perdue picked me up by the fucking arm to dap him up. I still didn't reach. wtf?

SpurPadre
11-08-2012, 11:52 PM
DRob's one of the nicest guys in NBA history. Not seeing the point in witch hunting for videos of stuff like this.

He did shake/touch the hands of 1-2 other coaches. If you watch Robinson's head and eyes, he also looks directly at Jackson on the way up, and skips right over him. I think it was on purpose.

But why should he shake his hand? It's not like he snubbed him after a game, it's just while jogging up from the tunnel. He isn't the President, and has to shake everyone's hand while passing by the team. I'm fine with it.

Uh, I'm not "witch hunting" the man. I love Da Admiral and find no wrong in what he did there. It's all in good fun, especially in light of the recent TD video. And this video comes after our first title in which Phil dubbed an asterisk. After years and years of coming up short of a Title through no fault of his own other than having a terrible supporting cast for most of his career that he had to carry on his back, Robinson finally gets a Title only for a respected coach to shit all over it. You can't blame the guy for not wanting to shake his hand or give him a high five when presented with the opportunity.

BillMc
11-09-2012, 12:20 AM
For some reason Timmy flipping the bird really bothered me, but this I just found funny as hell. I think the previous posters pegged it right. This was intentional and probably a reaction to Phil's asterisk comments and similar things.

TDMVPDPOY
11-09-2012, 12:28 AM
When I was like 10 or 11 years old.. My family and I was chosen to stand on court during the team introduction. David put his hands up for his teammates while Will Perdue picked me up by the fucking arm to dap him up. I still didn't reach. wtf?

remember the 97/98 squad lineup on the court when the spurs went big drob/perdue/ and duncan at SF....sweet sweet

BatManu20
11-09-2012, 12:33 AM
Lol that was awesome.

sasffl
11-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Well done, D-Rob! I won't shake hands to the guy who doesn't respect my work

z0sa
11-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Fuck yeah.

polandprzem
11-09-2012, 06:02 AM
I remember it, and I was WTF?

And thought that was the reason Dave played not so many minutes

Spurs are really bad boys and all that stuff came after all those years ...

I'm ashamed

:fight

therealtruth
11-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Uh, I'm not "witch hunting" the man. I love Da Admiral and find no wrong in what he did there. It's all in good fun, especially in light of the recent TD video. And this video comes after our first title in which Phil dubbed an asterisk. After years and years of coming up short of a Title through no fault of his own other than having a terrible supporting cast for most of his career that he had to carry on his back, Robinson finally gets a Title only for a respected coach to shit all over it. You can't blame the guy for not wanting to shake his hand or give him a high five when presented with the opportunity.

I don't know why Spurs fans still get hurt over this. Jackson was just making a point that the Bulls didn't get a chance to defend their title. He wasn't trying to disrespect the Spurs.

SpurPadre
11-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I don't know why Spurs fans still get hurt over this. Jackson was just making a point that the Bulls didn't get a chance to defend their title. He wasn't trying to disrespect the Spurs.

Of course he was, that was his M.O. throughout his coaching career, getting into the heads of the opposition. But I would buy your reasoning if it weren't for the fact that he didn't just say it once, he kept repeating the asterisk comment over and over and over again, going out of his way to discredit the title. Oh well, we won and that's what matters most.

ambchang
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
To set the record straight, Jackson had that asterisks claim before or shortly after the season began, and kept repeating it to get in the Spurs head after he came back from coaching.

His argument for the asterisk is because it was a lockout shortened season, not because the Bulls didn't get the chance to defend the title.

At the end of it, it was an obvious troll job, and so many years later, only ignorant Laker fans still use it as some sort of retarded ammo.

Horse
11-09-2012, 01:20 PM

Yeah I'm sure it's Drob that's the jerk not that overrated fucking piece of shit shaq.

Kidd K
11-09-2012, 02:19 PM

A'ight, was about to say :P 'cause D. Rob is one of the few NBA players who genuinely seemed to give a shit. The "NBA Cares" stuff doesn't fool me :P Most of us know that's mandatory. He was my favorite player as a kid.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Shaq made that stupid story up, come on now. He said he did it to fuel him, he needed a rivalry and made that up.

Not only that, Shaq was already at LSU when Robinson was with the Spurs. Shaq didn't even research the timelines before he made that shit up. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-09-2012, 02:35 PM
At some point in Robinson's career, the being disrespected because people thought he was too nice to respond started to grate on him, and he simply stopped putting up with it. He wouldn't put up with officials fucking with him, he wouldn't put up with players barking at him (KG), and he damn sure wasn't going to be intimidated by the Lakers and their big mouths by the time they came along.

DAF86
11-09-2012, 02:56 PM
1nZT3vyiHSs

Phil doesn't seem to make much of an impression with the people around him.

lefty
11-09-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tim-duncan.gif

:rollin

lefty
11-09-2012, 03:42 PM

2000 ASG?

I'm sure it had something to do with KFC'S asterisk comments earlier that season

Sean Cagney
11-09-2012, 04:30 PM
Not only that, Shaq was already at LSU when Robinson was with the Spurs. Shaq didn't even research the timelines before he made that shit up. :lol

Shaq is a big joker lol, thats about all he is.
At some point in Robinson's career, the being disrespected because people thought he was too nice to respond started to grate on him, and he simply stopped putting up with it. He wouldn't put up with officials fucking with him, he wouldn't put up with players barking at him (KG), and he damn sure wasn't going to be intimidated by the Lakers and their big mouths by the time they came along.
You know what I noticed that too, you are right. You know it felt go to give a huge F U to the league when he went out on top! He would not put it that way but he won his last game against these guys and won his last overall NBA game! Nothing can replace that.

Kidd K
11-09-2012, 07:41 PM
2000 ASG?

I'm sure it had something to do with KFC'S asterisk comments earlier that season

Is that a Colonel Sanders insult about Jackson? :lmao

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgmwwvr4Yk1qgpd04o1_400.jpg

Poolboy5623
11-09-2012, 07:42 PM
I love the 2003 championship DVD and the main reason is for the footage of them punking the Lakers...and then watching Kobe and fisher balling afterwards..probably my favorite season ever and I've been watching since 89-90. Back to the DVD though...I love the part, during the David interview, where he mentions how after that series it left no doubt in anyone's mind who the better team was. He said it with such emotion, you could tell it was the pinnacle of his career...fittingly the end of it also.

JRHernandez88
11-11-2012, 08:26 PM
Lmfao that's hilarious

DMC
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM

You're either kidding or you're full of shit. Dave is the most approachable guy in the world.

Mr. Body
11-12-2012, 12:50 AM
Phil Jackson has always been a massive asshole. I'll leave aside his title-hunting bullshit, only coaching teams that have overwhelming superiority in talent. His comments about Sacramento (Cow-town, etc.) when they were big rivals, and the asterisk stuff, was just classless bullcrap. I know some people (ESPN-types) defended it as gamesmanship, or something. But there's a line. And then there's just assholery, and the man is definitely an asshole.

Sean Cagney
11-12-2012, 01:32 AM
I love the 2003 championship DVD and the main reason is for the footage of them punking the Lakers...and then watching Kobe and fisher balling afterwards..probably my favorite season ever and I've been watching since 89-90. Back to the DVD though...I love the part, during the David interview, where he mentions how after that series it left no doubt in anyone's mind who the better team was. He said it with such emotion, you could tell it was the pinnacle of his career...fittingly the end of it also.

That was my fave year ever by far as a Spurs fan! SOME will mention 99 because of the emotion and it was their first title! Some will mention the 05 because of the tough road and the 7 game finals! This to me is the best year they had because I got into every game and said win one for DAVID! I wanted them to end that asterisk bs and when they knocked out Phil and LA and then went on to win it all thats priceless! Our main guy goes out on top! The franchise man for years on end goes out a winner and nobody can tell him different! He won his last series vs. Shaq, Kobe and Phil etc., plus he won the title and went out untouched!

Obstructed_View
11-12-2012, 05:36 AM
You're either kidding or you're full of shit. Dave is the most approachable guy in the world.

Either your sarcasm detector is really on the fritz or you didn't read the rest of this thread, which contains my subsequent posts. :)

DMC
11-12-2012, 03:27 PM
Either your sarcasm detector is really on the fritz or you didn't read the rest of this thread, which contains my subsequent posts. :)

Both actually.

lefty
11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
yup

lefty
11-12-2012, 03:34 PM
Is that a Colonel Sanders insult about Jackson? :lmao

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgmwwvr4Yk1qgpd04o1_400.jpg

yep

SsKSpurs21
11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
to me it looked like Robinson had no intention of high fiving any of the coaches. he was looking straight at the players. a few coaches then stuck their hand out and you can see him look back and high five them.

SsKSpurs21
11-13-2012, 01:50 PM
LOL, nevermind, after watching it a 3rd and 4th time, DRob knew what he was doing lol.

BillMc
11-13-2012, 03:25 PM
In a way, what D-Rob did to Phil back then, Jim Buss just did to Phil this weekend!

howbouthemspurs
11-13-2012, 11:28 PM
LOL ....I remember that! I couldnt stop laughing!

JRHernandez88
11-13-2012, 11:29 PM
Ball don't lie bitch