PDA

View Full Version : Sean Elliott VS Detroit in 95

Two10Whitey
11-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Sean was always my favorite player when I growing up. I was only about 7 years old in 95 so I don't remember too much of his game besides the 98-99 season. I always admired his corner three and driving ability. What were his weaknesses? I know he didn't enjoy Detroit too much.. Was this revenge or something he did on the regular?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=e1PlPaqBO5g&NR=1

hooperflash
11-09-2012, 01:10 PM
So basically you saw the video of Robinson rejecting Phil's handshake and made a thread on a video found in the 'Related Videos' section? Nice ha :tu

ambchang
11-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Sean hated Detroit because, for whatever reason, Isiah Thomas the mega-jerk decided to freeze him out of the offense and make him feel excluded from the team.

He was a very good perimeter defender, probably the 3rd or 4th best SF in the league during his prime. Decent outside shooter, good drives, but he is sort of a straight line driver, and is not much of a creator on offense. Not very good at passing, but is probably one of the better finishers in the league, especially on the break.

He is one of my favourite Spur of all time.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Sean hated Detroit because the media reported that he had AIDS which forced him to announce his focal segmental glomerulosclerosis. He was sick much of that season. They traded him back because they brought in Grant Hill and didn't need a small forward. Thank god for Bill Curley. The worst trade the Spurs ever made was the one sending Sean out of town and the best one they ever made was the one getting him back.

Obstructed_View
11-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Sean's only weakness as a player was lack of aggression. Getting him to pump fake and go hard to the rack was like pulling teeth, and he passed up good shots as well. When he was aggressive we have things like him dunking on Barkley or the MDM. He had hall of fame talent, but was a bit too passive on the floor.

Two10Whitey
11-09-2012, 07:20 PM
So basically you saw the video of Robinson rejecting Phil's handshake and made a thread on a video found in the 'Related Videos' section? Nice ha :tu

I don't remember how I found this video. I don't remember too much of last night tbh. Maybe it was from the related videos haha.

Sean Cagney
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
NICE FIND! One of my fave Spurs ever and probably my fave year from him as well! I loved his game around the 95-96 years (He was an all star those years). I loved his shot, so wet when it was on.