PDA

View Full Version : kidney stones

stretch
11-08-2012, 11:56 PM
who has had them and how bad would you say they are to have?

Xevious
11-09-2012, 12:01 AM
My wife has had a couple and they were extremely painful. How painful ( if at all ) depends on the size and whether it is obstructing or not. They had to break up one of hers because it was too large to pass. Stones big enough can put you into renal failure if not dealt with.

monosylab1k
11-09-2012, 12:04 AM
From what i've heard, passing kidney stones when u pee is the male equivalent of giving birth

AussieFanKurt
11-09-2012, 12:06 AM
Someone told me it was like having barb wired come outta your dick

Latarian Milton
11-09-2012, 09:30 AM
eating too much pickles might be one of the main causes to such diseases like kidney stones imho, seems you have a good reason to be worried now.

Latarian Milton
11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
seriously tho, kidney stones ain't nothing nearly as bad as stones in chole. a close friend of mine suffered from chole stones n he described to me that it's even more painful than parturition. he's the entire chole removed by surgery and he's been fine except that he cannot drink alchole or eat any fat-rich food anymore. nigga weighs like 300lbs at a height of 5'10 something, and he's been obnoxious obese since his hs years, good news is he's not gaining anymore weight since the surgery otherwise he'd of exploded already im afraid

johnsmith
11-09-2012, 10:49 AM
When my wife was pregnant with our baby, she passed 24 of them. Each one sounded equally painful. She's a trooper.

DeadlyDynasty
11-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Everybody i've ever dealt with who had them described it as the worst pain they've ever felt. Gall stones are supposedly a bitch too, as Rogue alluded to.

bus driver
11-09-2012, 12:49 PM
i know a urologist and he told me that a good way not to get stones was to drink alot of water and alcohol. he said that is what he tells his patients

CommanderMcBragg
11-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Had them many years ago and yes, it was the most pain I've ever felt in my life.

z0sa
11-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Drink the normal amount of water per day for your body weight and you won't ever have the stones.

Drew2354
11-10-2012, 12:40 AM
I pass 3 stones years back, extremely painful. I get chills when I think about it. Not only do you go through the pain but you feel very ill during the whole thing. It left lingering effects for years on my urinary tract.

Fabbs
11-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Drink the normal amount of water per day for your body weight and you won't ever have the stones.
:lol Dr. LaLa Land

z0sa
11-10-2012, 02:30 AM
:lol Dr. LaLa Land

Okay?

DMC
11-10-2012, 11:31 AM
You develop kidney problems based largely on genetic factors. Water doesn't pass through the kidneys. It's absorbed into the blood like other things through the digestive tract. Blood goes through the kidneys and the glomeruli filters it. More liquid = more work for the kidneys. Your body needs hydration however it's a myth to think drinking that much water flushes your kidneys. Drinking large amounts of water causes your kidneys to lose some filtering ability during that cycle.

I've been dealing with a chronic kidney disease for 17 years. I've educated myself on the facts.

z0sa
11-10-2012, 11:39 AM
^ I don't doubt your knowledge but my understanding is lots of water is essential for digestion, and lack of digestion is what causes the stones in the first place. Of course there's always exceptions to the rule.

DMC
11-10-2012, 11:39 AM

True in spirit but false in fact. You can still develop stones even if you drink the recommended amount daily. It doesn't have to be water, just liquid.

DMC
11-10-2012, 11:54 AM
^ I don't doubt your knowledge but my understanding is lots of water is essential for digestion, and lack of digestion is what causes the stones in the first place.

Your kidneys are filters. The more liquid they have to filter from the blood the lower their renal function becomes. The result is a fluid build up in the body. If you've ever seen a patient who's kidneys are failing (end stage renal condition) you will notice they are retaining a lot of fluid. Add more water, add more fluid.

There's a difference between kidney stones and renal function (and digestive function is completely another topic). Things that aren't digested are passed through the intestines. The kidneys only filter blood and the blood only contains things that were digested and absorbed into the blood. Lack of proper digestion leads to other GI problems. Lack of fluid absorption can lead to different issues and also runs in your jeans.

z0sa
11-10-2012, 12:04 PM
LOL. Hmm. Well I'll be honest I never did much research til this morning, but my doctor told me years ago drinking the recommended amount of water daily was all I had to do. I guess he was into the whole brevity thing. Or just wrong.