PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Shaq: DeAndre Jordan is the best center in the West.

Ace
11-09-2012, 05:02 PM
"I’m going on the record," O'Neal said. "Best center in the West right now is DeAndre Jordan. You heard it here first."

How the fuck is this guy still on TV?

purplengold
11-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Shaq there fo joking around n he delivering it seem

thunderfan
11-09-2012, 05:19 PM
Oh now. We all know its Perkins. Lol

FkLA
11-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Hes pretty stupid tbh. I remember him also saying not too long ago that Blake Griffin is on the verge of being the 'best on the planet'.

Malik Hairston
11-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Former or current NBA players/coaches that comment on current players always have agendas, tbh..

Clipper Nation
11-09-2012, 06:09 PM
:lol

LkrFan
11-09-2012, 06:17 PM
It's idocracy like this that caused Kobe to kick his fatass out of LA. Talk about an overweight, underachieving, retired-but-wants-to-remain-relevent attentionwhore. SMH

Ace
11-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I would take Marc Gasol over DeAndre but wouldn't take them over Howard. Shaq has ruined TNT.

Stabula
11-09-2012, 06:40 PM
Shaq has ruined TNT.

Truth. Worst analyst on that panel hands down. He's not funny either I wish he'd stop trying.

Reck
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Chuck is retiring from the booth too I heard so we're probably stuck with Shaq and Smith. These two guys wont be able to carry the show whatsoever.

jermaine
11-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Jordan is better than anything the Spurs has to offer, an that's all that matters to me! But Jordan is playing waaay better than Howard this yr, but his bbiq is nowhere Howard's! Maybe that is what Shaq is saying.

rayjayjohnson
11-09-2012, 06:47 PM
It's idocracy like this that caused Kobe to kick his fatass out of LA. Talk about an overweight, underachieving, retired-but-wants-to-remain-relevent attentionwhore. SMH

Actually, wasn't it shaq calling his rapist ass out?

rayjayjohnson
11-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Kenny is dumber than shaq too, for the record

jermaine
11-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Chuck is retiring from the booth too I heard so we're probably stuck with Shaq and Smith. These two guys wont be able to carry the show whatsoever.

I hope your kidding. His country ass is the main reason I watch TNT after games. But C Webb knows basketball a bit so maybe it'll be ok. I just hope Gary Payton never comes back. I can live with Shaq. He take shots at players, an TNT is drama tv. Lmmfao

Reck
11-09-2012, 06:56 PM
I hope your kidding. His country ass is the main reason I watch TNT after games. But C Webb knows basketball a bit so maybe it'll be ok. I just hope Gary Payton never comes back. I can live with Shaq. He take shots at players, an TNT is drama tv. Lmmfao

Yesterday during their halftime show they were talking about it. Even had happy retirement cake for Chuck.

He was saying something about being there until february. Dont know if that was all a joke or not.

Dex
11-09-2012, 07:09 PM

The thing that drives me nuts about Kenny is that when he comes out with one of his stupid points, he feels the need to repeat it 15 times. And heaven forbid someone disagree with it, or else he will just repeat the same thing after every counterpoint that comes his way.

UZER
11-09-2012, 07:11 PM
We get it Shaq.....you don't like Dwight. To continue to go out of your way not to acknowledge him over and over is so tired. You're already retired...let it go.

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 07:24 PM
This is what happens when you hire a dude that would be working on the Kazaam sequel if he wasn't on TNT. Straight nonsense :lol

Latarian Milton
11-09-2012, 07:31 PM
DH ain't no more the same beast he once was but he's still the best center of the league as of now imho, i smell buttheart from shaq's comments.

scanry
11-09-2012, 08:21 PM
I don't think Ernie & Kenny would last a day without Chuck on Inside. The great thing about Chuck is that he never takes another analyst's take too seriously. Shaq on the other hand thinks that he's always right about every thing and since he was better player than the rest, he has bragging rights over the others. I say ship his ass out to NBA Tv or fire him and get someone who can get along with Charles. He's the reason the show is big. One of the reasons i see Charles leaving is because he's tired of Shaq's ego and antics. Shaq is not a very likable player once you past his goofiness.

rayjayjohnson
11-09-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm with shaq. I fucking hate Dwight after how he carried on last year.

Bron - contract was up, his job sucked so he moved. Gets belted.
Dwight - agrees to another year, bitches, moans, talks about loyalty, gets coach fired, begs for trade, yet everyone is comparatively on his nuts

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm with shaq. I fucking hate Dwight after how he carried on last year.

Bron - contract was up, his job sucked so he moved. Gets belted.
Dwight - agrees to another year, bitches, moans, talks about loyalty, gets coach fired, begs for trade, yet everyone is comparatively on his nuts

Yes, but nobody is discussing which player you enjoy dickriding the most. It's about who's the best center and there's nothing to discuss in that department between DeMonkeyball and D12.

midnightpulp
11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Funny how Lakers fans nodded in agreement with every asinine thing Shaq said when he was winning them 3 straight championships or lavishing Kobe with hyperbolic praise. "Hey, everyone. Kobe was the best player on the Lakers during the 3 peat. Here's the youtube video of him saying so!" It was only when Shaq was traded away that Lakers fans finally figured out what the rest of us already knew: Shaq is a troll, and anything he says is usually a calculated move on his part to stir shit up.

But boy, did Lakers fans eat his shit up with credulity when he was carrying Kirby to titles.

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 09:11 PM
A top 10 player of all time with 4 rings and one of the most dominant players to ever play the game shouldn't feel so insecure about a 26 year old dude, that despite his 3 DPOY awards, Finals appearance and consistent numbers still can't touch Shaq's legacy... that is all.

But of course Dickings always finds a way to bring Kobe into the conversation, even if we are discussing centers... obsessed :lol

SpurSwag
11-09-2012, 09:21 PM
this is just flat out stupid, if you're gonna hate on dwight, at least do it right. Marc Gasol, Demarcus Cousins, Bogut, Duncan, Gortat, and maybe even Javale Mcgee are all better than DeAndre

midnightpulp
11-09-2012, 09:24 PM
A top 10 player of all time with 4 rings and one of the most dominant players to ever play the game shouldn't feel so insecure about a 26 year old dude, that despite his 3 DPOY awards, Finals appearance and consistent numbers still can't touch Shaq's legacy... that is all.

But of course Dickings always finds a way to bring Kobe into the conversation, even if we are discussing centers... obsessed :lol

Nope. Kirby is relevant to the point I was making. If Shaq said something like, "Kobe Bryant is twice the player Jordan ever was," you morons would agree with it. But when Shaq says something disparaging about Laker players, it's pitchforks and torches time.

I didn't hear one peep from you guys last season when Shaq stated Andrew Bynum is better than Howard. But now that Howard is a precious Laker, Lakerfans shift into whiteknight mode against any insult against him (real or perceived).

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 09:31 PM
The difference, Dwight vs Drew is open to discussion, definitely the top 2 Cs in the league right now. Stuff like Mcgee>Dwight, Deandre Jordan>Dwight etc... not really.

TDMVPDPOY
11-10-2012, 01:33 AM

kenny talks over ppl just to his shit in...hate the clown when he does that...

this is why radio feeds, are better then listening to these clowns, no bias bullshit, just call the game

Clipper Nation
11-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Tbh, at least this take isn't as outrageous as when he claimed Robin Lopez was better than Dwight :lol

Spurs9
11-10-2012, 10:27 AM
D Jordan and the entire Clippers team is beastly tbh.

Proxy
11-10-2012, 10:33 AM

Underachieving=:lobt::lobt::lobt:

z0sa
11-10-2012, 10:51 AM
Shaq giving LA no respect... ahem, Lakers that is. :lol

sananspursfan21
11-10-2012, 10:56 AM
i mean, it's true isn't it?

Raven
11-10-2012, 11:28 AM
Gortat should recieve far more credit tbh.

Raven
11-10-2012, 11:28 AM

a lakerfan talking about attention whores?

LkrFan
11-10-2012, 06:10 PM
With the talent he had, yes 3 rangs with pre-prime Kobe = underachieving tbh.

pass1st
11-10-2012, 06:19 PM

Shaq could have been the undisputed GOAT if he wanted to. If he stayed in shape, practiced his FTs and post moves, worked with the legends, he would have shitted on the NBA and Kobe would have been kicked out of the Lakers instead of Shaq.

Proxy
11-10-2012, 06:34 PM
Shaq could have been the undisputed GOAT if he wanted to. If he stayed in shape, practiced his FTs and post moves, worked with the legends, he would have shitted on the NBA and Kobe would have been kicked out of the Lakers instead of Shaq.

There's a way to eloquently phrase these sentiments rather than calling him a fatass, overweight, underachieving, retired-but-wants-to-remain-relevent attentionwhore by his own supposed fan base. I don't really care tbh, and I actually agree with you. I just find it amusing that he's disliked to the point of hate by a large portion of Lakernation when he was the catalyst for a 3-peat.

pass1st
11-10-2012, 06:43 PM
There's a way to eloquently phrase these sentiments rather than calling him a fatass, overweight, underachieving, retired-but-wants-to-remain-relevent attentionwhore by his own supposed fan base. I don't really care tbh, and I actually agree with you. I just find it amusing that he's disliked to the point of hate by a large portion of Lakernation when he was the catalyst for a 3-peat.

I wouldn't say he's disliked by a large portion, it's just that he's seen as a little on the dumb side.

Sean Cagney
11-11-2012, 01:27 AM
We get it Shaq.....you don't like Dwight. To continue to go out of your way not to acknowledge him over and over is so tired. You're already retired...let it go.

This is really what it's all about and we all know it! WE ALL KNOW IT.

scanry
11-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Tbh, at least this take isn't as outrageous as when he claimed Robin Lopez was better than Dwight :lol

He meant Brook Lopez. However you've kidding if you think Deandre Jordan is better than Brook? Heck i'd rather take Robin over Deandre & his $11 mil contract.

scanry
11-11-2012, 02:04 AM

GOATs don't burn bridges with teams. Shaq was dominant, but he had way too many flaws to be considered the GOAT. The biggest one that i can think of was his defense. Free throws may be overlooked because a great player should play on both ends of the floor.

pass1st
11-11-2012, 02:24 AM
GOATs don't burn bridges with teams. Shaq was dominant, but he had way too many flaws to be considered the GOAT. The biggest one that i can think of was his defense. Free throws may be overlooked because a great player should play on both ends of the floor.

Burning bridges has jack shit to do with being the GOAT. Shaq's flaws could have been improved if he spend the time and effort to - that was my point.

gee
11-11-2012, 02:34 AM
it's just that he's seen as a little on the dumb side.

Probably what attracts him to DeAndre

Malik Hairston
11-11-2012, 04:20 AM
He meant Brook Lopez. However you've kidding if you think Deandre Jordan is better than Brook? Heck i'd rather take Robin over Deandre & his $11 mil contract.

Brook Lopez and Jordan are a toss-up, tbh, with Jordan having a much higher ceiling IMO..IIRC, isn't Lopez's contract also shitty?..

scanry
11-11-2012, 05:31 AM
Brook Lopez and Jordan are a toss-up, tbh, with Jordan having a much higher ceiling IMO..IIRC, isn't Lopez's contract also shitty?..

Yeah, but not Robin's. :lol

Clipper Nation
11-11-2012, 12:54 PM

Have you watched Brook Lopez play? He's soft, can't play defense, and is Bargnani-esque at rebounding... Nets fans HATE him, tbh... if Monkeyball Jordan keeps playing the way he's played the last two games, I would take him in a landslide over Brook...

ClipperLuva
11-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Clippers just winning games they supposed to win

100%duncan
11-11-2012, 11:06 PM
We all know the pussy wearing violet and gold is the best center in the NBA.