PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Warriors @ Lakers game blog sponsored by the ghost of Mike Brown

ElNono
11-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Expect the Lakers to come out swinging, tbh

pass1st
11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Just chuck it as an L, if Lakers win then it just proves anybody can coach this Laker team to a W.

pass1st
11-09-2012, 10:37 PM
besides, brown. I forgot to add

Jodelo
11-09-2012, 10:38 PM
Lakers most likely got this. Bogut out, who would have thought. :lol

Nathan89
11-09-2012, 10:40 PM
Who's the HC right now?

Jodelo
11-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Any prediction whern Curry will roll his ankle? 2nd or 3rd quarter?

ElNono
11-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Any prediction whern Curry will roll his ankle? 2nd or 3rd quarter?

both

Jodelo
11-09-2012, 10:48 PM
Just leave Blake open all night. :lol

Jodelo
11-09-2012, 10:49 PM
both

Seems legit.

Koolaid_Man
11-09-2012, 10:55 PM
that nigga Artest bout to cave the fucking rim in with those bricks....got dayum homie

Malik Hairston
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Lakers win by double digits at home against a shitty Warriors team(considering their only good defensive player/anchor is out), everybody will overreact to the coaching change, tbh..

da_suns_fan
11-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I love when kobe makes a terrible passs and then scowls at his teammate as if it was their fault.

Malik Hairston
11-09-2012, 11:13 PM
LA's defense still looks terrible, but Golden State can't make open shots..

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 11:31 PM
This should be easy if the Warriors keep chucking triples early on the clock.

Clipper Nation
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Why couldn't the Dubs' offense suck this bad against us? :lol

pass1st
11-09-2012, 11:33 PM
hack-a-dwight in full effect now

Clipper Nation
11-09-2012, 11:39 PM
hack-a-dwight in full effect now

That's literally Mark Jackson's entire playbook, time for him to go back to the booth tbh...

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2012, 11:41 PM
That's literally Mark Jackson's entire playbook, time for him to go back to the booth tbh...

fuck that, he sucks

Clipper Nation
11-09-2012, 11:43 PM
fuck that, he sucks

Maybe it's just that I haven't had to listen to him in a couple years now, but I don't remember him being that bad when he wasn't fellating Kobe, tbh...

ElNono
11-09-2012, 11:50 PM
Maybe it's just that I haven't had to listen to him in a couple years now, but I don't remember him being that bad when he wasn't fellating Kobe, tbh...

Hand down, man down!

Goddamn he was terrible.. leave him where he is

Trainwreck2100
11-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Hand down, man down!

Goddamn he was terrible.. leave him where he is

don't forget calling the basket a fucking cup

pass1st
11-09-2012, 11:53 PM
lol pau is fucking horrible this game

Bynumite
11-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Gasol spoon fed but then ends up attacking with his usual softness smh.

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:00 AM
MWP just needs to be benched, let Hill play his minutes today

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:04 AM
:lol Pau, so horrible today

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:05 AM
:lol Kobe making a miracle

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
Lol "We want Phil!" chants in staples

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:06 AM
terrible call too

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:14 AM
:lol Richard Jefferson

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:17 AM

Jamison telling him to get than monkeyball out of here :lol

Bynumite
11-10-2012, 12:17 AM
Jamison vs Jefferson, battle of TOSB at the rim.

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:20 AM
Jamison vs Jefferson, battle of TOSB at the rim.

Lookin good, Bynum
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/001/955/737/hi-res-6667068_crop_exact.jpg?w=650&h=440&q=75

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:33 AM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/dam/assets/121009040033-mobile-phil-jackson-100912-story-top.jpg

Jackson, D'Antoni on Lakers' radar (http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/09/phil-jackson-mike-dantoni-on-lakers-list/index.html)

Chris
11-10-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm glad I have TWC so I can watch the Lakers struggle all year

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:36 AM
I'm glad I have TWC so I can watch the Lakers struggle all year

What channel are the Spurs on, public access?

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:37 AM

Wherever big bird is on, tbh

jeebus
has he spurted any loads from 3 point land? the Dick has trouble getting it up and over these days unfortunately.

pass1st
Wherever big bird is on, tbh

'Sup nono

Chris
11-10-2012, 12:38 AM

Fox Sports Southwest son

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:42 AM
'Sup nono

sup pass1st... top lakerfan in da house, tbh

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:45 AM
sup pass1st... top lakerfan in da house, tbh

:lol

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:47 AM
I wonder what Mike Brown is thinking right now

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:49 AM
I wonder what Mike Brown is thinking right now

Probably thinking "These retards paid me 2mil per game"

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:53 AM
Solid win that puts the Lakeshow back in the playoff hunt...

http://i47.tinypic.com/jpii49.png

Bynumite
11-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Didn't he get 17 million or something like that? He's laughing straight to the bank.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 12:55 AM
Didn't he get 17 million or something like that? He's laughing straight to the bank.

If you think Mike is laughing all the way to the bank, wait until you hear how much Phil is gonna get paid

Bynumite
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
That's the price you pay for great, proven, competent coaching. Brown was paid millions to be Potato Head :lol

pass1st
11-10-2012, 12:57 AM
If you think Mike is laughing all the way to the bank, wait until you hear how much Phil is gonna get paid

Last time it was 3yrs 10mil? I'm guessing 15mil a year sounds likely

ElNono
11-10-2012, 01:01 AM
Last time it was 3yrs 10mil? I'm guessing 15mil a year sounds likely

I'm thinking Phil to grab this hot potato is going to cost Buss a pretty penny... the reality is that this Laker team is old and not that good regardless of who coaches them, so I would expect Phil would want a frontloaded deal...

pass1st
11-10-2012, 01:14 AM
I'm thinking Phil to grab this hot potato is going to cost Buss a pretty penny... the reality is that this Laker team is old and not that good regardless of who coaches them, so I would expect Phil would want a frontloaded deal...

Tbh, outside of Dwight the team is pretty average. I wouldn't say they are aweful, you got a good scorer in Kobe, great hustle guy in Hill, few shooters and a 7foot vagina in Pau. If Dwight keeps getting better as he's getting into form, he might be able to carry the team far. If Kobe keeps up this production, it's not unreasonable to say they have a deep playoff run in them.

Don't see them beating the Heat unless Dwight transforms into a 30/15 center at the end of the season.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 01:23 AM
The problem for a "deep playoff run" is that all the Lakeshow have are the starters (if that) and they're going to have to be run to the ground to get good playoff seeding... so it's like last season all over again, where the team just runs out of gas against more athletic and faster teams... they could still address the bench issue midway through the season by possibly trading Artest and maybe a couple scrubs for two relatively decent bench players, but I don't see Mitch having a lot of wiggle room there.

tbh, being generous, this team as constructed has 2nd round ceiling written all over it...

pass1st
11-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Well, it's not JUST starters. They have Hill, we can both agree he's great. Blake is actually looking okay, not great, but he's taking care of the ball and making some 3s. Morris is showing signs of development, and might be our go-to bench PG eventually. Jamison is a TOSB, but he's still a vet and can contribute a little on both sides of the court. Meeks might just be going through a rough patch and could get back to shooting 3s well.

The bench has potential, not very much potential, but you have to admit it's not a bunch of d-leagers there. Best case scenario is that they can hold leads, sometimes add to them. Worst case, same unreliable bench we've had forever.

Amaso
11-10-2012, 01:39 AM
The problem for a "deep playoff run" is that all the Lakeshow have are the starters (if that) and they're going to have to be run to the ground to get good playoff seeding... so it's like last season all over again, where the team just runs out of gas against more athletic and faster teams... they could still address the bench issue midway through the season by possibly trading Artest and maybe a couple scrubs for two relatively decent bench players, but I don't see Mitch having a lot of wiggle room there.

tbh, being generous, this team as constructed has 2nd round ceiling written all over it...

lol, who is going to be good enough to knock the lakers out in the 2nd round... we are 6 games into the season

The lakers will get the #1 seed(assuming they are relatively healthy) just by virtue that the western conference is deep but there's only 1 other "elite" team in the league this year and it's the Heat so don't expect any teams in the West with more than 56+ wins other than the Lakers. The Thunder are gonna miss Harden alot because now teams only have to focus on 2 guys on that team instead of having to worry about 3 versatile wing players.

The thing about it is the Lakers don't need for their bench to play good, and I think it will be more apparent the healthier Dwight gets, and when Nash comes back. If they get "mediocre" play from a combination of Jamison, MWP, and Blake... everything else is just a bonus. We know Jordan Hill is gonna bring it every night with hustle so we don't have to worry about him since he won't have the ball in his hands very much. The defense will only get better when Dwight is finally healthy enough to actually anchor the defense, remember he wasn't even supposed to be back until December. And all of this doesn't even include the fact that we will finally have a real head coach again, more likely than not being the greatest of all time coming back.

Baron Davιs
11-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Solid win that puts the Lakeshow back in the playoff hunt...

http://i47.tinypic.com/jpii49.png
Spurs Regular Season Champions 3-peat in the process.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 01:47 AM
Well, it's not JUST starters. They have Hill, we can both agree he's great. Blake is actually looking okay, not great, but he's taking care of the ball and making some 3s. Morris is showing signs of development, and might be our go-to bench PG eventually. Jamison is a TOSB, but he's still a vet and can contribute a little on both sides of the court. Meeks might just be going through a rough patch and could get back to shooting 3s well.

The bench has potential, not very much potential, but you have to admit it's not a bunch of d-leagers there. Best case scenario is that they can hold leads, sometimes add to them. Worst case, same unreliable bench we've had forever.

Sorry, but Hill is a hustle guy. Outside of that he's garbage. And he's the first and only guy off the bench when Dwight has those foul trouble nights. Blake is awful and both you and I know he folds. Jamison is done. He would be a good reserve for the Cavs, not for a team looking for a deep playoff run. The rest are kids. Might have a good game here and there, but nothing you can count on when it matters.

When you're old the bench matters, especially when you have such a shaky start and your defense leaks like the Lakers' defense does. It's not all doom and gloom though. I think the Lakers can comfortably make the playoffs but it's gonna take a lot of burn on the starters to get a good seed. OKC, Spurs... maybe Clippers, they're not going to drop a lot of games. Other talented teams like Denver are going to get better too. People laughed at Utah, but they'll compete with anybody and they're tough to beat at home.

Obviously, there's some easy wins to be had too... Warriors, Kings, Blazers after the inevitable knee rupture... but that's not enough to wrestle a good seed.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 01:56 AM
lol, who is going to be good enough to knock the lakers out in the 2nd round... we are 6 games into the season

The lakers will get the #1 seed(assuming they are relatively healthy) just by virtue that the western conference is deep but there's only 1 other "elite" team in the league this year and it's the Heat so don't expect any teams in the West with more than 56+ wins other than the Lakers. The Thunder are gonna miss Harden alot because now teams only have to focus on 2 guys on that team instead of having to worry about 3 versatile wing players.

The thing about it is the Lakers don't need for their bench to play good, and I think it will be more apparent the healthier Dwight gets, and when Nash comes back. If they get "mediocre" play from a combination of Jamison, MWP, and Blake... everything else is just a bonus. We know Jordan Hill is gonna bring it every night with hustle so we don't have to worry about him since he won't have the ball in his hands very much. The defense will only get better when Dwight is finally healthy enough to actually anchor the defense, remember he wasn't even supposed to be back until December. And all of this doesn't even include the fact that we will finally have a real head coach again, more likely than not being the greatest of all time coming back.

The only thing the Lakers have proven so far is that they're old, their 38 year old PG is fragile and is going to play very little, and that Howard can get a coach fired whenever he wants.

If you think firing Brown is going to magically fix that porous defense or make Pau grow some testicles, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

Swagger talk is cute after beating Detroit and Warriors at home, but it's just that.

Lakers will improve, and perhaps a trade or two might shore up the bench midway through the season. But right now OKC is the much better team and the Clippers are simply the best team in the Pacific (even though they have a few injured vets on their own). Sure, it's early. But nobody on that perimeter is getting younger, tbh.

LkrFan
11-10-2012, 01:59 AM
This game represents baby steps IMO. I like the defensive effort. The offense is still shoddy at best. The Lakers have a long ways to go towards matching the hype they came into the season with. Addition by subtraction (MB) is a good first step though.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 02:02 AM
Spurs Regular Season Champions 3-peat in the process.

Spurs record not as good as their play lately. Fortunately Duncan has been playin great and that means we've been playing excellent D for stretches, but it's unlikely to last, IMO

ElNono
11-10-2012, 02:06 AM
I forgot to add, if I don't talk shit now that the Lakers are down, when do you expect me to? :lol

pass1st
11-10-2012, 02:20 AM
Sorry, but Hill is a hustle guy. Outside of that he's garbage. And he's the first and only guy off the bench when Dwight has those foul trouble nights. Blake is awful and both you and I know he folds. Jamison is done. He would be a good reserve for the Cavs, not for a team looking for a deep playoff run. The rest are kids. Might have a good game here and there, but nothing you can count on when it matters.

When you're old the bench matters, especially when you have such a shaky start and your defense leaks like the Lakers' defense does. It's not all doom and gloom though. I think the Lakers can comfortably make the playoffs but it's gonna take a lot of burn on the starters to get a good seed. OKC, Spurs... maybe Clippers, they're not going to drop a lot of games. Other talented teams like Denver are going to get better too. People laughed at Utah, but they'll compete with anybody and they're tough to beat at home.

Obviously, there's some easy wins to be had too... Warriors, Kings, Blazers after the inevitable knee rupture... but that's not enough to wrestle a good seed.

Not only hustle, he's been doing decent on defense and is a solid rebounder. He has some scoring capabilities, but he doesn't try to score often. Kids can still contribute, the only thing they need is maturity and if they get minutes, maturity will follow.

I kinda feel that with Dwight getting hacked and doubled, anchoring defense, the starters will be okay. Lakers might not even have to do much to have a decent seed in the playoffs. Clippers are just inconsistent, Mavs will see OJ costing as many games as he wins and OKC without Harden is likely going to break down when westchimp and durant clash.

I, personally, just believe the team will eventually settle into form mid-season and if the coach is good a decent rotation can be made. With that and a few collapses from other teams in this conference that are bound to happen, I see the Lakers heading into the playoffs with gas in the tank.

Amaso
11-10-2012, 02:59 AM
The only thing the Lakers have proven so far is that they're old, their 38 year old PG is fragile and is going to play very little, and that Howard can get a coach fired whenever he wants.

If you think firing Brown is going to magically fix that porous defense or make Pau grow some testicles, I have some beachfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

Swagger talk is cute after beating Detroit and Warriors at home, but it's just that.

Lakers will improve, and perhaps a trade or two might shore up the bench midway through the season. But right now OKC is the much better team and the Clippers are simply the best team in the Pacific (even though they have a few injured vets on their own). Sure, it's early. But nobody on that perimeter is getting younger, tbh.

You're a retard if you think their 1-4 record is actually indicative of how good the team will/would've been by the end of the season. Even with Mike Brown the lakers would probably be the favorites to make it to the Finals from the West(once again on the assumption they are healthy). Assuming Phil is re-hired, this just dramatically increases that probability and makes them way more competitive against the Heat. Assuming the talent level is equal you'd have to assume Phil would be able to out-coach Spoelstra in a 7 game series. No one assumes because they've blown out the Pistons and the Warriors that we are back to being dominant, we're gonna struggle against good teams early in the season especially without Nash. This team won't be clicking on all cylinders until very late into the regular season even with Phil back. The main difference is the Lakers are so talented it won't matter. When you start putting "scrubs" and bench players with 2-3 all stars on the floor they will look serviceable. Right now we are -1 star on the floor at any given time since Nash is out.

The defense will pick up, Howard is only going to get healthier and they are going to learn how to play together on that end. No one thinks this team is going to be a top 3 defense even though they certainly could be if Dwight plays like he did in Orlando but it's just not realistic for this team. Kobe is going to sag off his guy and give average players open looks all game, Pau used to be an okay defender but he's lost a step and is now below average, MWP is still good defensively and gives 100% on D, and Nash will get abused by any good PG. We already know all this, but they are too gifted offensively and should be able to play lock-down defense for a few possessions late in the 4th where the game will tighten up and so will Kobe's D. I think you underrate how well a healthy Dwight can anchor a defense and cover up people's mistakes especially in PnR situations.

There is also NO WAY Ron Artest and some of these other guys will shoot this bad, they've been getting open looks all year but just haven't made anything. Also, the Lakers are the Lakers and if they really need to bring someone in to help out with the shooting or fill a need on the bench they will.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 08:42 AM
Not only hustle, he's been doing decent on defense and is a solid rebounder. He has some scoring capabilities, but he doesn't try to score often. Kids can still contribute, the only thing they need is maturity and if they get minutes, maturity will follow.

I kinda feel that with Dwight getting hacked and doubled, anchoring defense, the starters will be okay. Lakers might not even have to do much to have a decent seed in the playoffs. Clippers are just inconsistent, Mavs will see OJ costing as many games as he wins and OKC without Harden is likely going to break down when westchimp and durant clash.

I, personally, just believe the team will eventually settle into form mid-season and if the coach is good a decent rotation can be made. With that and a few collapses from other teams in this conference that are bound to happen, I see the Lakers heading into the playoffs with gas in the tank.

The counterpoint would be that Lakers have a short fuse with this cast. Mike Brown is nothing but a reminder how important getting wins is to keep your job. Handing out time to the likes of Blake, Jamison and the kids would be ok when there's no pressing needs, but that's not where LA is at. The only coach I could think that would be immune to that is Phil Jackson. You're also sleeping if you think other teams won't get better. Dirk coming back will help Dallas, getting Martin acclimated will help OKC (which I agree won't be as dominant as last season without Harden, but dominant still), Clippers will improve when Hill comes back in his bench role too.

We'll see when the ASG rolls around. But, IMO, the Lakers have structural problems beyond lack of gelling. Dwight forces you into a half-court offense, and Nash isn't as useful there. The perimeter is old and slow, and leaks like a sieve. Artest keeps on regressing on 3 point % but he keeps on chucking them. You're always going to get some wins against bad teams (Detroit) or low IQ/high chucking teams on a bad shooting night (Warrior), but those are not there anymore when the playoffs roll around.

ElNono
11-10-2012, 08:52 AM
You're a retard if you think their 1-4 record is actually indicative of how good the team will/would've been by the end of the season. Even with Mike Brown the lakers would probably be the favorites to make it to the Finals from the West(once again on the assumption they are healthy). Assuming Phil is re-hired, this just dramatically increases that probability and makes them way more competitive against the Heat. Assuming the talent level is equal you'd have to assume Phil would be able to out-coach Spoelstra in a 7 game series. No one assumes because they've blown out the Pistons and the Warriors that we are back to being dominant, we're gonna struggle against good teams early in the season especially without Nash. This team won't be clicking on all cylinders until very late into the regular season even with Phil back. The main difference is the Lakers are so talented it won't matter. When you start putting "scrubs" and bench players with 2-3 all stars on the floor they will look serviceable. Right now we are -1 star on the floor at any given time since Nash is out.

The defense will pick up, Howard is only going to get healthier and they are going to learn how to play together on that end. No one thinks this team is going to be a top 3 defense even though they certainly could be if Dwight plays like he did in Orlando but it's just not realistic for this team. Kobe is going to sag off his guy and give average players open looks all game, Pau used to be an okay defender but he's lost a step and is now below average, MWP is still good defensively and gives 100% on D, and Nash will get abused by any good PG. We already know all this, but they are too gifted offensively and should be able to play lock-down defense for a few possessions late in the 4th where the game will tighten up and so will Kobe's D. I think you underrate how well a healthy Dwight can anchor a defense and cover up people's mistakes especially in PnR situations.

Fantasy basketball is cool, but it's not basketball. On paper this Lakers roster is stacked, but when you start paying attention, you'll notice Nash on a half court offense is an abortion. And Dwight on a run-n-gun offense is a waste. Kobe is done as a defender. Same for Metta. They're old, and they get beat one on one almost every time. "giving 100%" means shit when you can't move laterally anymore. Kobe doesn't even try anymore, he goes out roaming because he knows he can't stop anybody. That weak perimeter D will put a lot more pressure on Pau and Dwight. There's more to Dwight not being as good as he was in Orlando on defense than some perceived "not being 100%".

And no, hiring Phil Jackson doesn't give you any better shot at the Heat, lol. That's is delusional talk.

There is also NO WAY Ron Artest and some of these other guys will shoot this bad, they've been getting open looks all year but just haven't made anything. Also, the Lakers are the Lakers and if they really need to bring someone in to help out with the shooting or fill a need on the bench they will.

Sure there's a way. He's only slightly lower than last season, where he shot 39% (and 29% from 3). That's for the season. As a matter of fact, leaving Ron wide open is a great way to make up point against this Lakers team. Even better than leaving Steve Blake open. Metta's game now is posting up and muscling his way to the basket. If he wants to take a 3, you give it to him. He'll miss 2 out 3...

Raven
11-10-2012, 09:14 AM

you're right, it's preseason tbh..

pass1st
11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
The counterpoint would be that Lakers have a short fuse with this cast. Mike Brown is nothing but a reminder how important getting wins is to keep your job. Handing out time to the likes of Blake, Jamison and the kids would be ok when there's no pressing needs, but that's not where LA is at. The only coach I could think that would be immune to that is Phil Jackson. You're also sleeping if you think other teams won't get better. Dirk coming back will help Dallas, getting Martin acclimated will help OKC (which I agree won't be as dominant as last season without Harden, but dominant still), Clippers will improve when Hill comes back in his bench role too.

We'll see when the ASG rolls around. But, IMO, the Lakers have structural problems beyond lack of gelling. Dwight forces you into a half-court offense, and Nash isn't as useful there. The perimeter is old and slow, and leaks like a sieve. Artest keeps on regressing on 3 point % but he keeps on chucking them. You're always going to get some wins against bad teams (Detroit) or low IQ/high chucking teams on a bad shooting night (Warrior), but those are not there anymore when the playoffs roll around.

We will have to wait and see, tbh. A lot of question marks right now

Clipper Nation
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
Clippers will improve when Hill comes back in his bench role too.
Don't forget Mr. Big Shot coming back from his injury....