PDA

View Full Version : Brent Barry Humor

Ocotillo
06-27-2005, 09:23 PM
I was watching the river parade and the ceremonies at the Alamodome with the Mrs.

Anyway, she was extremely put off by his attempts at humor. (If this has been covered, sorry)

I looked at it as locker room humor and didn't think much of it but I think she has a point. Considering the audience is not just a bunch young guys but folks from all walks of life, his jokes were inappropriate.

What I am referring to is the Beno fart joke, Beno hickey joke and the comment about his kid dancing.

I can swap dirty jokes with most folks but in polite company I am careful what I say.

What do you all think?

texasqb2
06-27-2005, 09:24 PM
get a life

King
06-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Eh...not in bad taste. Just not very funny.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 09:27 PM
Come on... really.

Is your wife part of the PTC??

Did she cause a storm when Janet showed some tittie?

Does her face turn red when the word damn is uttered?

Big Pimp_21
I thought it was all very funny. I think most people didn't take any offense.

constantstate
i think brent barry was "||" that close to having the crowd turn against tony parker... but tony saved his butt and it made for the best moment in the rally. brent barry seems like a great guy and really funny... none of the stuff he said were out of joint to me.

i just kinda felt sorry for his kid... you gotta have no fear in that family... cause you're gonna get razzed on. :lol

BadlyDrawnBoy
I loved the Beno hicky joke, just becuase you knew a bunch of girls/women would scream.

Dre_7
06-27-2005, 09:31 PM
Maybe, and I mean MAYBE the hicky joke was a lil bit inapropriate, but not that bad.

I dont see any problem with the fart joke. How is that inaproprate for children? You ever been around a groups of kids? The words fart, gas, poop, etc are pretty commonplace. I dont think Barry was that outa line.

T Park
06-27-2005, 09:32 PM
I thought it was all hilarious.

I think your wife is being a little sensitive.

Ocotillo
06-27-2005, 09:34 PM
Hey like I said, I can joke around like that. She's a kindergarten teacher and is aware the kids know bathroom humor. She has a right to feel as she does, I am just curious if others felt that way.

whottt
06-27-2005, 09:37 PM
Hickeys cross the line?

Amish?

constantstate
06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
come on? brent barry is all of a sudden controversal cause he says fart and makes tony rap... and he even made beno feel "some love" by letting him know theres girls that think he's good looking?

if anything barry just sounds like a smartass. being on the team only one season and already having mic-control??? i'm surprised he didnt say something like kerr would have said (on the float) -- "they put me on the white-guy float" etc.

also how about bowen's subtle comeback after he gave the mic back? "ladies and gentlemen... the new and improved danny ferry" (that should have gotten more laughs)

ZStomp
06-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Is this thread for real?

Am I missing something?

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 09:41 PM
Am I missing something?

No, a woman in Idaho was offended by the jokes Brent Barry made and now the FCC is going to fine the Spurs, Brent, and all the stations that broadcast the events in question. Brent may also recieve jail time.

:spin

ShoogarBear
06-27-2005, 09:46 PM
also how about bowen's subtle comeback after he gave the mic back? "ladies and gentlemen... the new and improved danny ferry" (that should have gotten more laughs)
It should have, but Bruce needs to work on his delivery. He didn't say it loud enough, and he said it right into the applause.

whottt
06-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Stay away from Disney...they kiss in their movies.

SequSpur
06-27-2005, 10:15 PM
I found it very offensive.

Hey.. there is a new Cracker Barrell that opened today by my house?

Is that place for White People? What kind of food do they have there?

mrcoon29
06-27-2005, 11:56 PM
I must have missed the fart joke but I wasn't offended either while at the Dome or rewatching it on TV. This girl had a stoopid, shit-eating grin on her face throughout! :spin

maxpower
06-28-2005, 12:16 AM
I loved the Beno hicky joke, just becuase you knew a bunch of girls/women would scream.

Hickey jokes in San Antonio..????
Blasphemy.
Next thing they'll be making beer jokes

or

mafia jokes in New York.

P.S. I was not there but I'd bet dollars to donuts you could not swing a dead cat in the alamodome(or riverwalk, for that matter) and not hit someone with a hickey.

xcoriate
06-28-2005, 12:21 AM
It was all fine.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-28-2005, 12:26 AM
not even ThisPego thought it was offensive

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 12:30 AM
I personally thought that It was dead until he grabbed the mic and practically made Tony come up there and Rap. You know they talked about it before hand, and he refused...so Brent threw it out there knowing that the crowd would want to hear it.

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 12:31 AM
I found it very offensive.

Hey.. there is a new Cracker Barrell that opened today by my house?

Is that place for White People? What kind of food do they have there?

Hey Sequ, what else are they building there, I pass that corner ever time I go see my Rents, and it looks like there are four or five buildings. Any Idea what they could be? Me and Jen are hoping one of them are chick-fil-A

Cant_Be_Faded
06-28-2005, 12:32 AM
and luckily it paid off, tony should seriously quit basketball and go pro rapper.

He could own both ron artest AND allen iverson...and from an AI lover that says alot

lol!

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 12:32 AM
Oh, the food there is excellent, home cooking I would say.

slayermin
06-28-2005, 12:52 AM
Jeez, wait to you get a load of the Paris Hilton/Carl's JR ad.

Your wife is really not gonna like that commercial.

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 12:53 AM
We dont see that commercial, we dont have carl's jr. Damn... but we still got mtv, and Jessica Simpsons video.

caŽlo
06-28-2005, 01:04 AM
nutin wrong with that.. watched it on tv.

it was nice to see barry making a fool of himself doing that silly dance though. hehe

slayermin
06-28-2005, 01:12 AM
We dont see that commercial, we dont have carl's jr. Damn... but we still got mtv, and Jessica Simpsons video.

That's right. SA doesn't have Hardees either from what I recall.

I just read somewhere that Hardees is going to start showing the Paris Hilton Ad in the south.

MissAllThat
06-28-2005, 02:10 AM
I don't see anything wrong with Barry's humor. I guess he should have just gone up there and continued with the thanking the fans trend.....and then I could have fallen asleep.

mookie2001
06-28-2005, 09:14 AM
brent barry was like red fox out there
rasho had to tell him it wasnt his own showtime special

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 11:05 AM
well I'm a woman, and I'm married (and pregnant). so I think I can speak as a WIFE here:

who in thier right mind would find Barry's wiseass jokes offensive????? HUH?
there was NOTHING offcolor, dirty (i can't believe you said dirty) or inappropriate about any of his jokes or comments. Some were very funny, some not so.
Infact, Barry really livened u pthe corwd - he brought them to a level I don't think they would've reached.
This is SAN ANTONIO - and we are a very nice city. But dag nab it! we are NOT utah.

Clandestino
06-28-2005, 11:08 AM
what about tony parker shagging since she he was 7? :lmao

MiNuS
06-28-2005, 11:18 AM
to start off,Bowen was doing good but it kept going on and on with the same thing(just like force feeding Tim and not scoring) then all of a sudden they kick it out and there for the three point shot! Barry,changed the pace a bit and the Spurs fans got to know the guys a little bit better. None of this "the Spurs are a step from being canonized by Pope Benedict" shit! Someone here on the board said that Parker saved Barry well as far as I saw it Parker didn't look like he wanted to perform in front of 60K people. Then Bowen talked him into it.--So it seems. I thought it was all that part since Barry started it was the most fun.

Some tell Duncan to omit his "uummm" when he's speaking.

slayermin
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
well I'm a woman, and I'm married (and pregnant). so I think I can speak as a WIFE here:

who in thier right mind would find Barry's wiseass jokes offensive????? HUH?
there was NOTHING offcolor, dirty (i can't believe you said dirty) or inappropriate about any of his jokes or comments. Some were very funny, some not so.
Infact, Barry really livened u pthe corwd - he brought them to a level I don't think they would've reached.
This is SAN ANTONIO - and we are a very nice city. But dag nab it! we are NOT utah.

Right on obiwanginobili, Utah sux. Please don't turn San Antonio into Utah.

boutons
06-28-2005, 11:56 AM
If shrub's wife can tell horse masturbation jokes
(esp about how stoopid shrub is),
then Brent wasn't within 100 miles of offensive radar.

easjer
06-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I thought Brent was quite funny and enjoyed that he let the fans in on some of the behind the scenes humor. One reason I like the Spurs so much is that they are relaxed, funny, human, and they let their fans see that. I think that's important.

And I love Brent for getting Tony to rap in French - I was most impressed.

nkdlunch
06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Dude :rolleyes this is the championship celebration, not Superbowl halftime show. There was nothing wrong w/what Barry said and people should stop complaining abour Bowen. Damn, they're professional ball players, not entertainers!

Would you rather hear shaq: "can you dig it, can you dig it....." - now that's retarded.

Cathreina
06-28-2005, 01:50 PM
Heathens..all of you.....lol. Give me a break. We have audio orgasms being played over the radio and someone finds a hickey joke offensive???? This was a celebration. Spurs finally had the pressure off, let thier hair down and showed us another side of who they are. Next celebration, just tune into PBS.

batman2883
06-28-2005, 02:18 PM
I was watching the river parade and the ceremonies at the Alamodome with the Mrs.

Anyway, she was extremely put off by his attempts at humor. (If this has been covered, sorry)

I looked at it as locker room humor and didn't think much of it but I think she has a point. Considering the audience is not just a bunch young guys but folks from all walks of life, his jokes were inappropriate.

What I am referring to is the Beno fart joke, Beno hickey joke and the comment about his kid dancing.

I can swap dirty jokes with most folks but in polite company I am careful what I say.

What do you all think?

Oh man this thread can't be for real? Can someone really get upset about this type of humor? I mean you hear worse on Sesame Street and Blue's Clues, Brent turned the event into something more entertaining. I hope he does it again next time he gets the mic, its people like this that ruin all the fun for everyone else.