PDA

View Full Version : Most ghetto/dangerous place you've been to?

Lincoln
11-10-2012, 03:18 PM
Name the biggest shithole, poverty-stricken, dangerous place/neighborhood you've ever been to.

Went through Compton California once before as a kid and it was pretty scary around 7pm IIRC

mavs>spurs
11-10-2012, 03:25 PM
went to a club in oak cliff once with some friends but it wasn't so bad because there were like 10-15 cops on duty outside the club that night in case of emergency and tons of security inside the club..there were dudes wearing all red everywhere though it was pretty gang infested. long story short, those friends never talked me into going there again. black chicks trying to dance all on you and shit :vomit

InRareForm
11-10-2012, 03:34 PM
compton is not that bad tbh especially at 7.

I forgot the exact area, but went through this rough part of Philadelphia.. worst poverty I have seen in the USA tbh...

HI-FI
11-10-2012, 03:42 PM
visited Baltimore as a kid, it has some rough parts.

I live around Killeen, and tbh, I think it's up there in the shithole status. A few years ago I think there was a study that we had worse crime per capita than Dallas or Houston, no joke. It's very mixed ethnically here, but Killeen is at least 30% black, and there are some real ghetto places tbh.

Avante
11-10-2012, 03:51 PM
The Jungle... in Olongopo Phillipines, white guys can only go there if they are with black dubes who let them hang around. There are two major streets in Olongopo the main street and right behind it...The Jungle. Here is where we find those hookers who will do anything for a buck, far more aggressive than the hookers working main street, nasty women. Story goes all the beer is rebottled meaning the beer left in a bottle is poured into a huge container and reworked. You smell piss as if it were a cloud hanging over the street and there were used rubbers all over the place. The danger came from the locals, the Bennie boys who would hit you up for a blow job and get pissed if you disespected them, stabbing were common place. As were butterfly knives used by disgruntled whores who felt cheated or clowned. Cool place to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

mavs>spurs
11-10-2012, 03:59 PM

I live around Killeen, and tbh, I think it's up there in the shithole status. A few years ago I think there was a study that we had worse crime per capita than Dallas or Houston, no joke. It's very mixed ethnically here, but Killeen is at least 30% black, and there are some real ghetto places tbh.

vouche for that, ya'll usually have a very n!ggerish, pretty decent basketball team as well. we had some good games against you guys tbh.

mavs>spurs
11-10-2012, 04:00 PM
cool disgusting story that nobody wanted to hear Avante

Avante
11-10-2012, 04:10 PM
cool disgusting story that nobody wanted to hear Avante (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=33483)

You actually heard that, that something new?

paste...

The Jungle was one of the four major R& R districts of the city: the other three were all serving the White sailors - Magsaysay Drive, Gordon Avenue and a portion of the National highway in Barrio Barretto. Although the Jungle had the smallest area of the four, it was not entirely lined with bars and night clubs. There were a number of tailoring shops and custom-made shoes stores catering to the demands of the fashion styles of the sailors fondly called Brothers or Brew for short by the locals. There were Filipino barbers specializing in Afro hairstyles. A pioneer pharmacy - Farmacia Del Rosario operated for many years beside to where the Petron Gas station is currently located. There was also a small store selling Magnolia ice cream and Frozen Delights. Across from it was a swedish massage parlor and sauna bath. As a child, I often wondered if the Jungle looked similar to a street in Harlem or in a ghetto.

HI-FI
11-10-2012, 04:11 PM
vouche for that, ya'll usually have a very n!ggerish, pretty decent basketball team as well. we had some good games against you guys tbh.
lol sounds about right. i know Dallas and Houston have a lot more crime because you're bigger, but we just have a lot compressed in a small area. But we do produce a lot of good athletes. RG3, Peanut Tillman, etc...both of them are good dudes. I knew Tillman from a close friend and know people who are cool with RG3 and his dad, so not everyone is ghetto.

Lincoln
11-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Is Killeen= Copperas cove?

We went down there for football my freshman year and got to witness RG3 as a senior shit all over my school. That town reminds me of the town in Friday night lights...very hick and poor and everyone there jacks off to HS football

SA210
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM
My old neighborhood as a child, the VC's, a public housing project. Seen some crazy shit, guys face blown off, gang initiations, gun shootouts, gang wars, 8 year old shot in the chest, police brutality, helicopters (ghetto birds) circling shining the lights like Boyz N The Hood on a nightly basis, etc.

DPG21920
11-10-2012, 04:48 PM
5th ward wardy

HI-FI
11-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Is Killeen= Copperas cove?

We went down there for football my freshman year and got to witness RG3 as a senior shit all over my school. That town reminds me of the town in Friday night lights...very hick and poor and everyone there jacks off to HS football
Yeah you described Cove pretty well. I meant Killeen metropolitan area, my bad. Killeen itself is actually even shittier, more crime ridden. Sometimes you take ghetto for granted, usually when I hang out in Austin it dawns on me the differences. and to be fair, I'm just saying this area is ghetto for Texas standards. I've always heard that parts of Detroit and DC are straight up hell holes.

TE
11-10-2012, 05:13 PM
Lopezville, TX

It's good to avoid driving though this place at night. It's one of the worst shitholes in the RGV.

Rick Santorum
11-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Making the wrong turn after going to an Orioles game and driving through the slums of Baltimore easily. Easily the most run down city I've ever been in.

AussieFanKurt
11-10-2012, 05:28 PM
I feel like I haven't lived, I've been to numerous countries as well as mostly through Australia and haven't really been anywhere dangerous.

Planning on going to world cup in 2014 in Brazil, anyone been there and have any stories?

symple19
11-10-2012, 05:46 PM
Probably the wards in NO pre-Katrina. Or Richmond, California

dirk4mvp
11-10-2012, 05:49 PM
South Memphrica. Not even Graceland can save that place from being in such poor shape. I go for the BBQ occasionally which is excellent.

Baton Rouge as a whole.

Lincoln
11-10-2012, 05:57 PM
I feel like I haven't lived, I've been to numerous countries as well as mostly through Australia and haven't really been anywhere dangerous.

Planning on going to world cup in 2014 in Brazil, anyone been there and have any stories?
The favelas in Rio de Janeiro where the next summer Olympics are held is supposed to be pretty ghetto

AussieFanKurt
11-10-2012, 06:12 PM
The favelas in Rio de Janeiro where the next summer Olympics are held is supposed to be pretty ghetto

Oh true, I've heard dangerous stories about latina America full stop, good experience nevertheless I imagine

Technique
11-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Brownsville, Brooklyn - There was shit on the wall in one of the buildings. Still trying to understand who would shit on a wall in a building.

Bed Stuy, Brooklyn - Dudes posting up on every corner selling molly and coke

silverblk mystix
11-10-2012, 06:48 PM
Beverly Hills, California. Late 80's. Bad ass playas all around. I heard one guy listening to some hardcore Vanilla Ice. This guy was so scary he had ?two sweaters ?wrapped around his waist. (shudders)

Scaree!!!

Bynumite
11-10-2012, 09:07 PM

Stray bullet victims, drug lords and their small armies taking over hotels and shooting down police choppers, what a nice welcome card :lol

IronMaxipad
11-10-2012, 09:20 PM
Went to school and grew up in Compton. It's pretty shitty but not that bad. The hub city has been making strides tbh. They got a nice shopping center now with a BestBuy and a Target. shit is legit. Much better than the shitty hood i'm living in. They're also going to tear down the old indoor fashion center and build a Walmart there now, same block where all the prostitutes are at. What more can you ask for? Bitches and Walmart. :lol

DMC
11-10-2012, 09:30 PM
West Memphis Arkansas. Not a good place to be. Also East St Louis.

pass1st
11-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Echo Park is pretty damn horrible, it has one of the worse police response times in CA I think. My parents took me by Skid row when I was a kid to scare me, I remember that shit being pretty messed up and haven't been since. It probably got better, but the police don't want to even go near that spot.

Compton isn't really that bad, it's dirty but the people just seem to mind themselves. West Hollywood is more dangerous than Compton now, probably.

Worst place I've been to would have to be Juarez, Mexico. Wandered over there while at El Paso.

cantthinkofanything
11-11-2012, 12:15 AM
Name the biggest shithole, poverty-stricken, dangerous place/neighborhood you've ever been to.

your mom's vag

Capt Bringdown
11-11-2012, 12:58 AM
Some burg near Siem Reap, Cambodia in '99.

The Reckoning
11-11-2012, 01:12 AM
Under the Hill, Victoria

only time ive ever seen a black guy riding a horse, which was starving to death and didn't have a saddle.

TE
11-11-2012, 01:15 AM
Echo Park is pretty damn horrible, it has one of the worse police response times in CA I think. My parents took me by Skid row when I was a kid to scare me, I remember that shit being pretty messed up and haven't been since. It probably got better, but the police don't want to even go near that spot.

Compton isn't really that bad, it's dirty but the people just seem to mind themselves. West Hollywood is more dangerous than Compton now, probably.

Worst place I've been to would have to be Juarez, Mexico. Wandered over there while at El Paso.
Back in high school, me and a couple friends frequented Reynosa. Tbh, one can't fathom just how poor those people are, living in cardboard boxes and shit. It's pretty damn bad. Haven't gone to mex since the whole drug war escalated but I've heard that since then cartel activity dominates the area. I'd imagine driving through there now to be pretty dangerous.

The Reckoning
11-11-2012, 01:16 AM
=yeah the boys town area in nuevo laredo was pretty bad. it's a stark contrast to laredo a 10 minute walk away.

Chris
11-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Lafayette, Louisiana sons stay out

koriwhat
11-11-2012, 03:41 AM
slums of acapulco... fuck all you bitches!

Koolaid_Man
11-11-2012, 08:27 AM

Went through Compton California once before as a kid and it was pretty scary around 7pm IIRC

I had a nasty and perverted relationship with Mavs>Spurs momma that bitch is a straight hoodrat but it was some of the best ghetto snatch I ever had...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3pFPqZcTQo

gee
11-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Havana, there were a couple of times i feared for my life.

DMC
11-11-2012, 11:19 AM
I had a nasty and perverted relationship with Mavs>Spurs momma that bitch is a straight hoodrat but it was some of the best ghetto snatch I ever had...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3pFPqZcTQo

Ass sniffing Cantthinkofanything. That's low, even for you.

IronMexican
11-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Went to the Jungle once. Definitely my pick. Really haven't spent much time in Compton, but I am around Watts quite a bit. have family near that big ass park on Central, and it's pretty bad around there, but worse inside the projects.

IronMexican
11-11-2012, 12:04 PM

I'd say from the few times I go to Compton(that big ass shopping center on Long Beach blvd), Down Town is much worse. I went to school there for a while and it's poverty ridden.

tlongII
11-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Detroit

Koolaid_Man
11-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Ass sniffing Cantthinkofanything. That's low, even for you.

lol - I wore condoms but her pussy was still dark, dirty, and dangerous as fuck...but her son is still a bad ass :lol

mavs>spurs
11-11-2012, 02:10 PM
koolaid_security, spurstalk's original bisexual african american troll belonging to a white spurs fan. I guess ES likes to live out the darkest depths of his personality through this troll..

pass1st
11-11-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd say from the few times I go to Compton(that big ass shopping center on Long Beach blvd), Down Town is much worse. I went to school there for a while and it's poverty ridden.

Eh, it smells like piss when you go to the bad parts but there are a lot of police in most of the areas so it's not too dangerous.

Agloco
11-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Doing a follow up visit in Goiana. I'll never forget the absolute look of desperation on most faces.

http://cdn.lightgalleries.net/4bd5ebf25d986/images/BRAZ-07-17623-EM-3.jpg

:lol Listing places in the US.

Brazil
11-11-2012, 09:02 PM

I lived there 6 years and I have a ton of stories tbh :lol

I spent a bit of time around 8 miles at 3 am after having a long drinking night downtown Detroit, it was bad but nothing to be compared to a ghetto (favela) in Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro.

I drove by mistake in a Sao Paulo favela, it took me 30 mn to find my way home, I thought my time came early. In Rio I went to Rosinha (largest brazilian favela) to visit and spend the night with a friend who is running an association to help abandoned kids. Detroit bad neighbors are quite soft compare to that.

Send me a pm Aussie, I will certainly be in Brazil for the WC

AussieFanKurt
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
I lived there 6 years and I have a ton of stories tbh :lol

I spent a bit of time around 8 miles at 3 am after having a long drinking night downtown Detroit, it was bad but nothing to be compared to a ghetto (favela) in Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro.

I drove by mistake in a Sao Paulo favela, it took me 30 mn to find my way home, I thought my time came early. In Rio I went to Rosinha (largest brazilian favela) to visit and spend the night with a friend who is running an association to help abandoned kids. Detroit bad neighbors are quite soft compare to that.

Send me a pm Aussie, I will certainly be in Brazil for the WC

Will do mate, I'll probably be there for 2-3 weeks during WC

Latarian Milton
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
if some little asians flounce to some certain hoods in queens or brooklyn, they would probably never have the chance to regret what they've done because niggas would shoot them on sight. they would've been killed before realizing why tbh

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2012, 10:06 PM
West Baltimore is as bad as advertised...North B-more is scary as shit too. Other places of note that I've had to respond to:

-Liberty City, Miami.
-Overtown, Miami
-Southeast D.C., Anacostia, Bladensburg
-McKees Rocks, Pittsburgh
-any place outside the Quarter in N'Awlins

Baltimore is the worst by far though--which is why they have the best hospitals in the country (Shock Trauma, UMD, Hopkins).

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Dude that's right by the AT&T Center.
:lmao

CuckingFunt
11-11-2012, 10:29 PM

Yup. Nothin' says ghetto like the Garden District.

DPG21920
11-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Louisiana is just a backwards dangerous place in general. Some nice spots, but you can't wander too far off the beaten path if you don't want poverty, gangs and crooked cops.

US ghettos are not anything to the rest of the world however. Doesn't mean they aren't dangerous, but just other 3rd world countries have to be an entire new level.

DeadlyDynasty
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
Midwestern Louisiana is a 3rd world country.

sananspursfan21
11-11-2012, 10:47 PM
east st. louis. idk about poverty, but cops don't touch that place. if you're anything but black, they have cops on the edge of the city limits and pull you over and make you turn around

mrsmaalox
11-11-2012, 11:00 PM
West Baltimore is as bad as advertised...North B-more is scary as shit too. Other places of note that I've had to respond to:

-Liberty City, Miami.
-Overtown, Miami
-Southeast D.C., Anacostia, Bladensburg
-McKees Rocks, Pittsburgh

Baltimore is the worst by far though--which is why they have the best hospitals in the country (Shock Trauma, UMD, Hopkins).

When I first moved to the DC area back in 2000, I drove my kids and me from our house in Montpelier, MD to my in-laws in Alexandria for a Sunday visit. I was on the freeway heading home that evening when I noticed I was low on gas and because i didn't know the area well I figured I'd exit at the next place to fill and not risk it further. The next exit was "Anacostia". I didn't see much cuz the service station was right there off the exit. As soon as I opened my door, I wasn't even out of the car, a homeless guy I saw walking by, rushed over to me and said, "Get back in your car, lock the doors, and get out of here NOW! You are in danger!" I did exactly as he said, and later when I told people what happened, they all told me I had been really lucky!

DMC
11-12-2012, 12:45 AM
Dude that's right by the AT&T Center.

:lmao:lmao

But it can't be, where are the flamingos and the tires buried in the ground with flowers growing out of them?

symple19
11-12-2012, 04:09 AM
I was young when I lived in the DC area and thankfully never saw Anacostia in person, although we skirted incredibly ghetto parts of Prince George's county on our way to a couple soccer games. DC in the late 80's, early 90's was nothing to fuck with. I'll never forget watching Marion Barry hitting the glass dick on the news :lol

Parts of Little Rock and Birmingham should be mentioned as well. Ghettos in old southern cities always struck me as the saddest, most run down I've experienced. Oakland/Richmond are the scariest, however (USA)

Here's the list for the 25 most dangerous cities in America..... Flint-Detroit-St.Louis-Oakland-Memphis is your top 5 http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-25-most-dangerous-cities-in-america.html?page=all

Outside the US, well, Sadr City definitely takes the cake. Very true that you can't compare US ghettos to 3rd world ones. Tijuana is bad too.

leemajors
11-12-2012, 08:11 AM
My buddy who was a Ranger in the Army said Kingston was the roughest place he had ever been, including Somalia. Only place he felt genuinely scared for his life.

tlongII
11-12-2012, 10:17 AM
The 20 most dangerous cities in the world last year were in Latin America, according to Mexican think tank Citizens' Council for Public Security and Criminal Justice.

Mexico, where more than 60,000 people have died in drug-related violence in the past six years, dominated the list with nine cities in the top 20.

Other dangerous cities were in Brazil, Honduras, El Salvador and Colombia.

The list of 50 most violent cities in the world was published earlier this year. Four US cities – New Orleans (21), Detroit (30), St Louis (43) and Baltimore (48) were on the list. None were in Europe or Asia

tlongII
11-12-2012, 10:19 AM
http://www.globalpost.com/photo-galleries/5722155/top-10-most-dangerous-cities-the-world#2

Trill Clinton
11-12-2012, 11:44 AM
ehhh i guess it would be almost all of the hoods on the eastside of SA since that's where i grew up.

i don't really make it my mission to visit dangerous places outside of my home town.

Fabbs
11-12-2012, 12:07 PM
Stincoln

went to a club in oak cliff once with some friends but it wasn't so bad because there were like 10-15 cops on duty outside the club that night in case of emergency and tons of security inside the club..there were dudes wearing all red everywhere though it was pretty gang infested. long story short, those friends never talked me into going there again. black chicks trying to dance all on you and shit :vomit
Yo twoz is staight up gangsta.

Did the club got bag ladies?
big ballers?
everybody strapped with a nine? .

bus driver
11-12-2012, 01:12 PM
fiesta downtown, there are some big fuckn women that come out for fiesta.
had my ass grabbed one time at fiesta, turned around and the ladies looked like linebackers for the dallas cowboys. shit i was so scared, i asked them if they wanted another feel.

CosmicCowboy
11-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Boys town in Piedras Negras when a drunk friend thought a cartel gangsters girlfriend was a hooker and kept bothering her to go in the back and do him. I had to punch him out cold, apologized profusely, and then drug him out of there by his collar. We would have never made it to the border alive otherwise.

timvp
11-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Brazil's ghettos are glorified trash heaps. I've never seen anything that compares. Central City, New Orleans is the worst I've seen in the US.

Right now though, it'd be difficult to beat northern Mexico as far as most dangerous place. They're just killing people for fun there now.

DPG21920
11-12-2012, 03:38 PM
What about Caribbean Greece? Heard the parts around their Olympic Basketball gym is hellish.

RandomGuy
11-12-2012, 05:20 PM

Killeen is an armpit. Fast food, titty bars, pawnshops and used cars. They have added payday lenders to that mix since I left, I'm sure.

blech.

On the other hand the little Korean barbershops where they give you a neckrub with the haircut... fucking awesome.

RandomGuy
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Boys town in Piedras Negras when a drunk friend thought a cartel gangsters girlfriend was a hooker and kept bothering her to go in the back and do him. I had to punch him out cold, apologized profusely, and then drug him out of there by his collar. We would have never made it to the border alive otherwise.

A true friend indeed! LOL

I would hope my friends would do no less for me. Props.

Leetonidas
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
I was born in Oakland. Everytime I visit my dad I'm glad my mom moved to Texas when I was 5 :lol

TDMVPDPOY
11-13-2012, 12:28 AM
i live in the ghetto...fights are usually with machetes and samurais hacking ppl or gangs from neighboring suburbs, either you join us or ur against us...at the end of the day every fkn moron knows everyone so there was no point joining gangs and shit, it was fkn stupid

i grew up with a bunch of spoilt fkn kids, children of fkn dogs amd menaces of society like drug dealers, who then fck up ur neighborhood...u see friends and ppl u grow up with are either dead or in prison cause they got involve into the business cause of the easy money....their spoilt kids getting the best things in life gloating like they are prince and princess going to be doctors and shit in society one day, yeh doctors without degrees more like fkn junkies...once they go broke, they are below scums living in poverty beggin and shit, i find it interesting how karma just waits and comes around...

seen many fights, many wankers OD in the staircases and deals, chasing after junkies for no apparent reason besides for fun of it...it was really funni when the neighborhood kids and cops ran together chasing a junkie through a few blocks to catch them, return to the courts and balling again....

baseline bum
11-13-2012, 11:58 AM
3rd Ward in Houston has some really nasty areas. It's been 25 years since NWA released Straight Outta Compton, and the perception of Compton as some third world shithole has still stuck; Watts is the really bad part of LA.

Viva Las Espuelas
11-14-2012, 12:22 AM
Stop Six, Ft Worth at midnight. I made a taxi run with a buddy of mine that just started driving taxis for a living. he took whatever was given to him. i tagged along one night and he got the call. we were kinda oblivious to the area. the client was a big ol' black amazon women with really big boobs who's bra was hanging on for dear life. she needed to do a convenience store run. she tipped my friend $20 and told "us white boys" to get the hell out of there and that we had no business there :lol

clambake
11-14-2012, 12:40 PM
the politics forum.

Cochina
11-14-2012, 01:03 PM
My kid's room.

Gutter92
11-23-2012, 05:56 PM
Lived by Humboldt Park in Chicago for a while...saw some interesting stuff there, gang initiation, etc.