PDA

View Full Version : MANU and #6

CHAMPS AGAIN
06-27-2005, 09:51 PM
If MANU wanted to change jersey # from 20 to 6 how would SPURS fans feel about it I say go for it :drunk :drunk

Manu20
06-27-2005, 09:54 PM
NO! What will I do with my screen name?

Besides #6 will be retire soon.

SequSpur
06-27-2005, 09:57 PM
Avery is a tool.

Willinsa
06-27-2005, 10:07 PM
NO! What will I do with my screen name?

Besides #6 will be retire soon.

If #6 is retired that will be a joke, Avery hit a winning shot to clinch our first title. But what did he do those other years? NOTHING

I think his jersey being retired will tell spurs fans that anyone can have there jersey retired. We will be the laughingstock of the NBA if we do that.

SequSpur
06-27-2005, 10:08 PM
If #6 is retired that will be a joke, Avery hit a winning shot to clinch our first title. But what did he do those other years? NOTHING

I think his jersey being retired will tell spurs fans that anyone can have there jersey retired. We will be the laughingstock of the NBA if we do that.

And I won't buy season tickets either.

Great Take.

Das Texan
06-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Manu should have had #6 anyway.

So what if its Avery's number. Retire the number for both of them. I mean if the Yankees can do it with 8, we can do it with 6.

samikeyp
06-27-2005, 10:58 PM

Technically anyone can. There are no rules for jersey retirement. You think fans other teams care whose numbers the Spurs retire? Do you care who other teams retire?

Solid D
06-27-2005, 11:02 PM
How about 6.5? It's different, it's a combination of two numbers Manu wore on previous teams, and 6.5 is > 6. :hat

Let it go, Mikey. Let it go.

maxpower
06-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Someone posted the forum was officially out of threads.
This just cements it.

p.s. Manu asking for #6 is slightly less believable than Sequ dunking....Who am I kidding, it is way less believable.

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Yeah... right. Manu wouldnt want to take 6 anyway. He knows what Avery did for our team.

shyne
06-28-2005, 12:57 AM
# 20 will definatly be up in the rafters.

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 01:02 AM
so will 6

Mr. Body
06-28-2005, 01:14 AM
Most people gave up talking about retiring #6 halfway through Parker's rookie season.

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 02:01 AM
I say he should just stay with #20.

SpursFanDan
06-28-2005, 02:03 AM
why did all this talk start?... has he said something about getting 6? If not, lets just drop it, I'm sure hes fine with 20... its won him two championships.

MissAllThat
06-28-2005, 02:04 AM
And I won't buy season tickets either.

Not sure if you're serious about this, but if you are, I don't think they really care. If you don't, someone else will. The tickets will get sold either way. Do you really think they care if you specifically buy them?

TheTruth
06-28-2005, 02:38 AM
#6 should be retired in the next year or so. I'm sure Manu is just fine with #20.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2005, 06:10 AM
Jesus, if it was up to you people we'd have the entire SBC center roof covered with jerseys! retiring a jersey has to be something of significance! You can't retire a jersey for every guy that happens to make a game winning shot! That's just stupid! The other day someone was talking about retiring Horry's jersey! LOL What a joke!

Duncan21
06-28-2005, 06:23 AM
manu shouldn't change his number, 20 looks much better than 6

demandole
06-28-2005, 06:50 AM
Manu loves #6 because it was the number that wore during his childhood in Bahiense del Norte. Later (in National Squad) he should take #5 because #6 was wearing by a great friend of him: Alejandro Montecchia which also played with his brothers in Bahiense del Norte several years before. Now you could learn why Many loves #6.
But knowing the education of Manu's I don't belive that he take #6 because he already knows that it was Avery's jerser for many years in San Antonio.

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Let it go, Mikey. Let it go.

There's really nothing to let go, bro. While I think the team will retire Avery's number, personally I have no problem if they do or don't. I just don't think anyone outside of Spurs fans is going to care either. Just my .02.

NZHayden
06-28-2005, 08:25 AM
Manu loves #6 because it was the number that wore during his childhood in Bahiense del Norte. Later (in National Squad) he should take #5 because #6 was wearing by a great friend of him: Alejandro Montecchia which also played with his brothers in Bahiense del Norte several years before. Now you could learn why Many loves #6.
But knowing the education of Manu's I don't belive that he take #6 because he already knows that it was Avery's jerser for many years in San Antonio.

great then whats the story behind #20 ?

spurschick
06-28-2005, 08:30 AM
great then whats the story behind #20 ?

I don't think there is any story. It was one of the numbers available and he took it.

Jelly
06-28-2005, 08:32 AM
Actually, I read an article where Manu said that if he could, he'd like to change his number that he uses with the Argentine team to #20.

MadDog73
06-28-2005, 08:35 AM
Why not retire Horry's jersey? I think it would be the ultimate in statements if Horry retires a Spur.

Horry is legendary, not only for playing with the best teams in the NBA, but for winning games (and series) with them.

As for AJ, I'm sure he'll get his jersey retired. Meaning Mario Elie will be the only starting 1999 Spur who will not. Poor Mario....

veronicamae
06-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Isn't this a moot point? Why would anyone ever change his number unless he happened to change teams? That's a silly question to ask...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Why not retire Horry's jersey? I think it would be the ultimate in statements if Horry retires a Spur.

Horry is legendary, not only for playing with the best teams in the NBA, but for winning games (and series) with them.

As for AJ, I'm sure he'll get his jersey retired. Meaning Mario Elie will be the only starting 1999 Spur who will not. Poor Mario.... Horry has been a Spur for barely 2 years!!! and he didn't do anything out of the ordinary in the 2003-2004 season. So what you're saying is retire anyone who has a great playoff? I'm sorry, that's just nonsense. Right now, we have David Robinson, Gervin, Silas, Moore and Elliot (who I didn't think deserved to have his jersey retired, but thats just me). Soon there will be Duncan's, but if we start retiring players like Horry, who haven't really done much for our team, then we undermine the importance of Duncan, Robinson, Gervin... players who actually deserve it. I know everyone is excited and happy that we won this championship and Horry was a big part of it, but let's not get carried away people.

MadDog73
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Horry has been a Spur for barely 2 years!!! and he didn't do anything out of the ordinary in the 2003-2004 season. So what you're saying is retire anyone who has a great playoff? I'm sorry, that's just nonsense. Right now, we have David Robinson, Gervin, Silas, Moore and Elliot (who I didn't think deserved to have his jersey retired, but thats just me). Soon there will be Duncan's, but if we start retiring players like Horry, who haven't really done much for our team, then we undermine the importance of Duncan, Robinson, Gervin... players who actually deserve it. I know everyone is excited and happy that we won this championship and Horry was a big part of it, but let's not get carried away people.

Well, I'm assuming Horry plays for a few more years with us.

And as I said in my post, retiring Horry's jersey would be sweet not for just what he will do in San Antonio (I'm hoping he'll win at least one more Championship with us), but for what he's done in the NBA. What does that say about San Antonio that a player like Horry who's won championships in Houston and LA retires here?

Conditions:

1. He needs to win at least one more Championship with the Spurs.
2. He needs to retire a Spur.

If he meets those conditions, I would love to see #5 in the rafters.

GoSpurs21
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
#6 does not deserve to be retired and Avery is a Mav now anyway, but once again Don "I'm a tool" Hairless had to say that it was him that made a stink on the radio when Manu first arrived here and the staff gave him #6 during (he said this during the parade celebrations)

the only way #6 should be retired is if Manu had worn it
fuck the overrated Avery Johnson and all of his fans too for all the undeserved attention

MaNuMaNiAc
06-28-2005, 09:05 AM
Well, I'm assuming Horry plays for 3 more years with us.

And as I said in my post, retiring Horry's jersey would be sweet not for just what he will do in San Antonion (I'm hoping he'll win at least one more Championship with us), but for what he's done in the NBA. What does that say about San Antonio that a player like Horry who's won championships in Houston and LA retires here?

Conditions:

1. He needs to win at least one more Championship with the Spurs.
2. He needs to retire a Spur.

If he meets those conditions, I would love to see #5 in the rafters.
we'll just agree to disagree then :)

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 09:14 AM
Don "I'm a tool" Hairless

:lol

demandole
06-28-2005, 09:56 AM
Does anybody really know the reason that makes Manu to opted for the #20?
I believe that they are something around that number that means a lot for my neighbor.

WalterBenitez
06-28-2005, 10:07 AM
He asked for #21 and the answer was :lmao
So he decided ... #21 - 1 = #20 :D

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
He wears #5 for Argentina...he knew that he would eventually make 4 times the money in the NBA... 5x4=20. :)

demandole
06-28-2005, 10:16 AM
Eventually you should do 5*7 (35) that're the years that Manu'll stay with the spurs. :spin

Willinsa
06-28-2005, 01:31 PM
Jesus, if it was up to you people we'd have the entire SBC center roof covered with jerseys! retiring a jersey has to be something of significance! You can't retire a jersey for every guy that happens to make a game winning shot! That's just stupid! The other day someone was talking about retiring Horry's jersey! LOL What a joke!

GREAT POINT.