PDA

View Full Version : Cousins gets back at Elliott

lmbebo
11-10-2012, 10:00 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/10/demarcus-cousins-responds-to-sean-elliott-ripping-him-on-the-spurs-broadcast/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

LakerHater
11-10-2012, 10:02 PM
8ko0U8B0WSc

Obstructed_View
11-10-2012, 10:15 PM
"I got the utmost respect for Tim Duncan after he made me his prison bitch for running my mouth."

In a word: Humbled.

freetiago
11-10-2012, 10:21 PM
a lot of people have called him out for immaturity and he makes a video like this responding to it
happened during the olympics when coangelo said somethign about him being negative in practices

weebo
11-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Don't see why Cousins is so butthurt. Nothing that Sean said is untrue.

Kidd K
11-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Fuck Cousins. He was beating his chest and acting like the world heavyweight champ after he commits offensive fouls to get two of the VERY few baskets he shot that night that actually went in. Duncan packed nearly half his shots, and he was talkin shit after he got away with obvious cheating to get a couple go in on him.

flox
11-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Gonna side with Cousins here. Sean's just being a asshole about it.

timvp
11-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Everybody hates Cousins. Even his own teammates. I'll go ahead and keep the violin in the closet for the incident, tbh.

Libri
11-10-2012, 11:15 PM
:cry Cousins: Sean hurt my feelings. :cry

Poolboy5623
11-10-2012, 11:29 PM
He won't be in the league much longer...Shaun says some strange things though...tonight he just said how Aldridge can go quiet for awhile but when the spurs come to town you know he's going to play at his all-star level..he says it like it's some strange misfortune and bad luck for the spurs. Youd think it has to do with our pathetic bigs? Don't most streaky big men go off against the spurs?

Spursfan092120
11-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Gonna side with Cousins here. Sean's just being a asshole about it.
You don't watch Cousins very often, do you? Did you even watch the game? Hear the broadcast? Nothing Sean said was untrue..and he wasn't an asshole about it.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2012, 12:27 AM
the one thing with cousins, he admits it and tells it...

sananspursfan21
11-11-2012, 12:30 AM
i like what sean said

DMC
11-11-2012, 12:43 AM
Cousins: "Who? Sean Luck_The_Fakers Luck_The_Fakers Luck_The_Fakers Luck_The_Fakers Luck_The_Fakers, that's who."

flox
11-11-2012, 12:44 AM
You don't watch Cousins very often, do you? Did you even watch the game? Hear the broadcast? Nothing Sean said was untrue..and he wasn't an asshole about it.
You don't watch Cousins v Duncan very often, do you? Did you even watch any of the other games? Hear Kings broadcasts? Sean's just being a hater, and he's definitely being an asshole about it.

Especially since there's a history of Cousins talking trash as a manner of respect to Duncan.

Stabula
11-11-2012, 12:44 AM
i like what sean said

Juggity
11-11-2012, 12:52 AM
there's a history of Cousins talking trash as a manner of respect to Duncan.

Talking trash as a "manner" of respect? I'm pretty sure talking trash is exactly the opposite :lol

ChuckD
11-11-2012, 12:56 AM
You don't watch Cousins v Duncan very often, do you? Did you even watch any of the other games? Hear Kings broadcasts? Sean's just being a hater, and he's definitely being an asshole about it.

Especially since there's a history of Cousins talking trash as a manner of respect to Duncan.
God, you're fucking stupid. Trash talking is NEVER about respect. It is, one hundred percent of the time about DISRESPECT.

AussieFanKurt
11-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Sean is too much of a homer tbh

Dex
11-11-2012, 12:58 AM
I have no problem with things getting chippy between players on the court. This is a competition after all, and these guys are all hyper competitive which is part of the reason they are stars.

What bothered me was that Cousins made two plays against Tim (both of which should've been offensive fouls tbh), and suddenly thinks he's hot shit. Fortunately, in classic Duncan fashion, he let his game do the talking and came back to punk Cousins a few times, and he also got the last word by getting the win.

That being said, I think Elliott made a good point calling it out, but he also we a little overboard on it and harped on it a little too long.

mercos
11-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Meh. I had no problem with what Sean said, but I also have no problem with Cousins responding. Freedom of speech works both ways. I did have a problem with Cousins getting away with multiple offensive fouls though.

Dex
11-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Oh, and Kawhi punking Cousins in that dead-ball play was comedy gold.

flox
11-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Talking trash as a "manner" of respect? I'm pretty sure talking trash is exactly the opposite :lol

God, you're fucking stupid. Trash talking is NEVER about respect. It is, one hundred percent of the time about DISRESPECT.

You guys are hilarious. There's trash talk, and then there's trash talk.

ChuckD
11-11-2012, 01:18 AM
You guys are hilarious. There's trash talk, and then there's trash talk.

You're dumber than jughead, and there is only one kind of trash talk. If there were another kind, it would be called something else.

timvp
11-11-2012, 01:22 AM
I don't buy that Cousins was just messing around with TD. Duncan was pissed in that fourth quarter. He was throwing elbows and hipchecking players out of bounds. You never see that out of him.

Cousins was just being the petulant child than he is, Elliott called him on it and Duncan made him eat his words.

BackHome
11-11-2012, 01:32 AM
Are you related to Cousins?

Stabula
11-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Cousins was just being the petulant child than he is, Elliott called him on it and Duncan made him eat his words.

It really is that simple. Cousins and his constant pouting was very amusing to watch I'd hate to have a guy like that on my team. Sean was just being funny and made some points while he was at it. The fact that Cousins referred to Sean as immature for laughing at his nonsense is just retarded. Accept that you acted very immature and grow people would respect you more.

Chase_the_Bass
11-11-2012, 01:58 AM
Oh, and Kawhi punking Cousins in that dead-ball play was comedy gold.
Yeah that was great. I watched the Kings broadcast today and it sounded like they liked it as much as Sean and Bill did.

jestersmash
11-11-2012, 02:00 AM
Yeah that was great. I watched the Kings broadcast today and it sounded like they liked it as much as Sean and Bill did.

DVR or is it online somewhere?

Chris
11-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Sean said it - DONT TALK TRASH - Cousins did just that, and Duncan and Sean let him have it - plain and simple. Elliott was basically the equivalent of our Stephen Jackson when he played, he doesn't let that shit fly.

skulls138
11-11-2012, 02:04 AM
Cousin is a basement dweller despite his talent. It seems obvious that punking high profile players is his highest goal, something he not only failed at but in the end is the one that got punked.

TDMVPDPOY
11-11-2012, 02:07 AM
cousins good or bad is just wastin his talent on a team going nowhere

look at who they draft to surround him, lmao trob

then u have evans who has dropped off since his rookie campaign

silverblk mystix
11-11-2012, 02:08 AM
Cousins got schooled and punked by old man Timmy. It was glorious. Fuck cousins- he hasn't earned the right to even think he can trash-talk Timmy.

gee
11-11-2012, 02:19 AM

The league pass recording was Kings, I think the free trial might still be on if you don't have it.

Sean Cagney
11-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Sean said it - DONT TALK TRASH - Cousins did just that, and Duncan and Sean let him have it - plain and simple. Elliott was basically the equivalent of our Stephen Jackson when he played, he doesn't let that shit fly.

I agree but Elliott was never nearly as confrontational as Jax by any means, he would not get in your face on the court and say F U and then laugh at you or start a fight if need be. I love Sean and he was great but he was very passive on the court at times, just quiet and sometimes just low key. I can't compare the two at all. Jackson would flick you off or get in your face and try to fight you are just say stop it clown.

spurs10
11-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Sean was absolutely brilliant.....case closed!!!!

Splits
11-11-2012, 03:21 AM
Dude, the issue here is that Cousins came back on to the court in his uni after the game and waited for Sean to finish his post-game show. He then confronted Sean and said some shit and the NBA is investigating.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/10/nba-looking-into-elliott-incident-with-cousins/

spurs10
11-11-2012, 03:39 AM
Dude, the issue here is that Cousins came back on to the court in his uni after the game and waited for Sean to finish his post-game show. He then confronted Sean and said some shit and the NBA is investigating.

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/10/nba-looking-into-elliott-incident-with-cousins/
Splitman with the goods....Cousins did indeed lie in wait for Sean....hope he gets suspended, and I bet he will if the truth comes out....

Malik Hairston
11-11-2012, 03:55 AM
:lol Sacto's announcers seem to dislike Cousins too, tbh..they always sound annoyed and tired of his shit..they love Duncan, thus leading to an entertaining broadcast of the game, tbh..

spurs10
11-11-2012, 04:00 AM
:lol Sacto's announcers seem to dislike Cousins too, tbh..they always sound annoyed and tired of his shit..they love Duncan, thus leading to an entertaining broadcast of the game, tbh..
Cousins is a dumbass thug with serious mental issues. He will be suspended for his behaviour....I hope. Sean ain't scared of him....

jestersmash
11-11-2012, 04:21 AM
The league pass recording was Kings, I think the free trial might still be on if you don't have it.

Cool thanks. My brother has league pass so I'll check it out on his account.

Spurs Brazil
11-11-2012, 06:51 AM
NBA looking into Elliott incident with Cousins
Posted on November 10, 2012 at 11:35 pm by Mike Monroe

The NBA is looking into a postgame confrontation between Sacramento Kings forward DeMarcus Cousins and broadcaster Sean Elliott that took place on the Sleep Train Arena court after the Spurs’ 97-86 victory in Sacramento on Friday.

Keep reading: http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2012/11/10/nba-looking-into-elliott-incident-with-cousins/

GrandeDavid
11-11-2012, 08:08 AM
The NBC geek who wrote that article sounds more like a hater than Elliott a homer. Elliott does a fantastic job and he calls out Spurs' deficiencies when he sees them. And in every game Sean gives respect to the opposition. But a home commentator is SUPPOSED to favor the home team. As for Cousins, Elliott's comments were entirely appropriate.

will_spurs
11-11-2012, 08:56 AM
I can imagine several kinds of trash talk... sometimes it's just playful, sometimes it can even be respectful in a way (e.g. Shaq -> Tim) but in the case of Cousins it's nothing like that, only some antics straight from a pick-up game, chest beating included. It's ok when you're doing that with equals, but from a young punk to a legend, not so much.

Quiet Strength
11-11-2012, 09:04 AM
So Cousins dropped to the floor and cried for Sean to apologize just for speaking the truth? I'm sure Sean walked away when Cousins finally got too tired, rubbed his eyes, put his thumb in his mouth, and fell asleep.

Bill_Brasky
11-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Love him or hate him....Sean Elliott says some hilarious shit.

Poolboy5623
11-11-2012, 10:56 AM
Is Sean's blatant homerism what's keeping him from getting a real job?(espn/nbatv)

justinandimcool
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
they both behave like assholes in their respective professional environments, tbh.

cherylsteele
11-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Here is a take from the "other side", calling Sean a "hack"
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/11/11/3630592/nba-reviewing-demarcus-cousins-sean-elliott-discussion?ref=yahoo

On Friday, Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliott reportedly trashed DeMarcus Cousins during the fourth quarter of the Kings' loss to San Antonio. Elliott criticized Boogie for "trash-talking" Tim Duncan after a couple of scores (both of which probably should have been called as charges on Cousins). On an ensuing possession, Duncan stuffed Cousins. Elliott apparently crowed and said some "humility was in order." Word got back to Cousins that Elliott was trashing him. (How? I have no idea.) Cousins apparently came back out onto the court in full uniform to talk to Elliott.

Here's how the San Antonio Express-News describes it.

"I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show," said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. "Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

"I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn't hear what was being said."

Here's what Cousins told the media back in the Kings locker room, via Cowbell Kingdom.

"I mean me and Tim - we're good," Cousins said, pointing out that he meant nothing malicious with his trash talk. "Like I said, I have the utmost respect (for him). But for the commentator to say the things that he said - that was immature."

The Express-News reports that the league is aware of the incident. Chances are it'll fade into the annals of Boogie History. Cousins has always talked up Duncan -- including an infamous moment last season in which Cousins was caught on a broadcast mouthing "F--k, he's good" after a classic Duncan play.

It should be noted that Elliott (who was a fantastic player and does a lot for charity) is a total hack. Anyone who remembers Spurs-Grizzlies from 2010-11 remembers how much grief Elliott got when his local calls went national. He's ... bad. I like to think Cousins was just doing the viewing public's bidding by talking back to Elliott.

Bill_Brasky
11-11-2012, 11:03 AM
Also, the fact that these relatively mild comments got to Cousins to the point where he confronted Sean about it kinda shows that he aint all there.

ElNono
11-11-2012, 11:04 AM
:lol Boogie

Poolboy5623
11-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Yeah but the fact is, if that was another teams broadcaster getting after jax or another spurs player in a similar fashion, most of you would be all over it..and the board would be blown up...I do find it ironic that duhmarcus calls someone else immature.

Spurs da champs
11-11-2012, 11:48 AM
All that talent just too act like a punk bitch, a damn shame.

z0sa
11-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Lol cousins was acting like a baby the whole fucking game. Hes a dumbass and waiting for sean after the game is totally classless.

phxspurfan
11-11-2012, 12:48 PM
Tim busted his ass but thats ok

Thomas82
11-11-2012, 12:52 PM
I read a while back that the Kings came close to renouncing Cousins's draft rights in 2010 when they drafted him. If that's the case, I'm surprised they kept him on the team with all of these problems he's has had, and the fact that his production hasn't been worth the trouble of keeping him around.

McGusto55
11-11-2012, 12:54 PM
Truth hurts...

BackHome
11-11-2012, 12:55 PM
Here is a take from the "other side", calling Sean a "hack"
http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/11/11/3630592/nba-reviewing-demarcus-cousins-sean-elliott-discussion?ref=yahoo

On Friday, Spurs broadcaster Sean Elliott reportedly trashed DeMarcus Cousins during the fourth quarter of the Kings' loss to San Antonio. Elliott criticized Boogie for "trash-talking" Tim Duncan after a couple of scores (both of which probably should have been called as charges on Cousins). On an ensuing possession, Duncan stuffed Cousins. Elliott apparently crowed and said some "humility was in order." Word got back to Cousins that Elliott was trashing him. (How? I have no idea.) Cousins apparently came back out onto the court in full uniform to talk to Elliott.

Here's how the San Antonio Express-News describes it.

"I was wondering why Cousins was out there in his uniform waiting for them to finish his postgame show," said Bill Schoening, who does the play-by-play call on radio broadcasts of Spurs games. "Then I saw them in an animated conversation out on the court.

"I observed Sean walk away from Cousins and Cousins continue to talk to Sean as he left the scene, but I couldn't hear what was being said."

Here's what Cousins told the media back in the Kings locker room, via Cowbell Kingdom.

"I mean me and Tim - we're good," Cousins said, pointing out that he meant nothing malicious with his trash talk. "Like I said, I have the utmost respect (for him). But for the commentator to say the things that he said - that was immature."

The Express-News reports that the league is aware of the incident. Chances are it'll fade into the annals of Boogie History. Cousins has always talked up Duncan -- including an infamous moment last season in which Cousins was caught on a broadcast mouthing "F--k, he's good" after a classic Duncan play.

It should be noted that Elliott (who was a fantastic player and does a lot for charity) is a total hack. Anyone who remembers Spurs-Grizzlies from 2010-11 remembers how much grief Elliott got when his local calls went national. He's ... bad. I like to think Cousins was just doing the viewing public's bidding by talking back to Elliott.

Dude Elliott is great announcer and stop being such a sensitive HOMER....he was a Spurs player and most announcers will always back up the team that is paying them..DUH........ And Cousins is a complete fool who always got what he wanted without working hard to get it, and now he hits the NBA he has to work and he don't like it....:(

Mark in Austin
11-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Cousins and Carmelo need to be on the same team at some point - the comedy gods demand it. Backwards fighting pussies and petulant children on the same team. And please oh please oh please let Jerry Sloan be the coach...

DMC
11-11-2012, 01:25 PM
I like Sean but he does beleaguer the point. He needs to note it and move on. Sean's role is to point out nuances in the game that the common viewer doesn't otherwise catch, but not to continue harping on it. I personally like the smack talk between players, it makes a game within a game and that's good for the game.

boutons_deux
11-11-2012, 01:37 PM
Sean's role is fine, game analyst, COLOR announcer, be entertaining. "Elliott For 3!"

SenorSpur
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
I have absolutely no issues with anything Sean said. As a matter of fact, it was hilarious. Frankly, Cousins is bent because, after talking trash, he got his ass handed back to him twice - once by Duncan on the court and by Elliott during the telecast. It would've been one been on thing if Cousins had been continously wiping up the floor with Duncan and Elliott's objectivity prevented him from giving Cousins his props, but that wasn't the case. Cousins is an immature baby who, like a lot of young athletes, cannot handle adversity or abject criticism - regardless of where it comes from. Instead of trying to get back at Elliott after the game, he should've been more concerned with getting back on defense during the game.

silverblackfan
11-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Cousins and Carmelo need to be on the same team at some point - the comedy gods demand it. Backwards fighting pussies and petulant children on the same team. And please oh please oh please let Jerry Sloan be the coach...

It would be a Reality show comedy gold!

spurs10
11-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Well said SenorSpur.
:hat

Spursfan092120
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Cousins only said he respected Duncan because Duncan made him his bitch. You don't talk trash and shove people because you respect them. That's bullshit. Sean's not being a "hater" as you call it. Guess you didn't watch the whole game. Sean was talking about how athletic and talented he was before he started with the trash talk. That's garbage...and unnecessary. And you do that with the greatest PF to play the game and he's going to take you over his knee..just like he did to Cousins.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
11-11-2012, 04:14 PM
I have no problem with things getting chippy between players on the court. This is a competition after all, and these guys are all hyper competitive which is part of the reason they are stars.

What bothered me was that Cousins made two plays against Tim (both of which should've been offensive fouls tbh), and suddenly thinks he's hot shit. Fortunately, in classic Duncan fashion, he let his game do the talking and came back to punk Cousins a few times, and he also got the last word by getting the win.

That being said, I think Elliott made a good point calling it out, but he also we a little overboard on it and harped on it a little too long.

This. It was fun seeing Duncan taking it to that lil punk, and everything Elliott said was true. It was just a little odd how much he kept going on and on about it, for the last few minutes of the game.

boutons_deux
11-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Both of Cousins' plays were offensive fouls lowering and plunging his shoulder into Tim's chest, right in front of the baseline ref. no call.

If legit no call, what's the rule?

SpursRock20
11-11-2012, 04:19 PM
Even the SAC announcers were perplexed as to why there was no foul calls. Elliott really was not out of line. Kinda glad we did not actively pursue this Cousins guy.

Now the NBA is getting involved, hopefully Elliott doesn't get suspended (he did nothing). http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20939193/nba-will-review-the-exchange-between-demarcus-cousins-and-sean-elliott

spurs10
11-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Even the SAC announcers were perplexed as to why there was no foul calls. Elliott really was not out of line. Kinda glad we did not actively pursue this Cousins guy.

Now the NBA is getting involved, hopefully Elliott doesn't get suspended (he did nothing). http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20939193/nba-will-review-the-exchange-between-demarcus-cousins-and-sean-elliott
NBA isn't getting involved because of Sean's comments. They are investigating if Cousins, who was waiting for Seans to get off the air, should be suspended I'm pretty sure. Sean is too much of a class act to tell them exactly what he said, so he's probably saving Cousins a lot of grief. If someone else heard what Cousins said and tells them, I'd bet he's in deep shit. Somebody reported Cousins to the NBA for something he said to Sean, is what this is all about.

~Sweetmelody~
11-11-2012, 06:22 PM
I have absolutely no issues with anything Sean said. As a matter of fact, it was hilarious. Frankly, Cousins is bent because, after talking trash, he got his ass handed back to him twice - once by Duncan on the court and by Elliott during the telecast. It would've been one been on thing if Cousins had been continously wiping up the floor with Duncan and Elliott's objectivity prevented him from giving Cousins his props, but that wasn't the case. Cousins is an immature baby who, like a lot of young athletes, cannot handle adversity or abject criticism - regardless of where it comes from. Instead of trying to get back at Elliott after the game, he should've been more concerned with getting back on defense during the game.

ITA with this. I think it bugs me more when coaches talk about another player than someone that comments on the game. I can't imagine Manu going up to someone to confront them on their commentary on how much he flopped in a game, lol

DesignatedT
11-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI
Kings center DeMarcus Cousins has been suspended for two games for "confronting Spurs announcer Sean ****** in a hostile manner" on Friday

Juggity
11-11-2012, 07:02 PM

Edit: already posted :lol

Also, NBA on ESPN expectedly misspelled Elliott's name, as noted by irishock

Should guarantee a Lakers win tonight tbh

Kori Ellis
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
It's HILARIOUS that they suspended Cousins. :lol

Classic.

timvp
11-11-2012, 07:09 PM
C:lolusins. What a dumb human being.

timtonymanu
11-11-2012, 07:18 PM
:lol Cousins trolled by Sean

Embedded
11-11-2012, 08:08 PM
What a clown Dumbmarcus Cousins is. Before this I had always hoped he would get his act together, I mean, his pouting like a 2-year old is embarassing sometimes, but he's got game. But to see him in that interview using the word 'immature' - really?!?! Of all the words he could come up with, such as 'inappropriate' 'uncalled for' 'unprofessional' he uses the one word that has been used to describe his act since Day One - 'immature' - I laughed out loud at him during that interview, he seemed truly clueless. I have now given up hope that he will ever be part of any relevant team, he is more like a cancer. Sure, I think Sean sometimes belabors the point, and of course he's a homer, his Jersey is hanging in the rafters oh, and by the way, it says SPURS on it. He will always be a true homer, what I wouldn't give to shake his hand some day. He spent all but one year of his career as a Spur.

Of all of the idiotic reasons to not be able to help your team - suspended two games for confronting a broadcaster about what he said?!?!?!? Nice going, Einstein, leave your homies out there on the court to carry your weight against the Lakers and Portland. I hope this confrontation was worth $70k to you.

spurs10
11-11-2012, 08:18 PM
:toast

Obstructed_View
11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Yeah but the fact is, if that was another teams broadcaster getting after jax or another spurs player in a similar fashion, most of you would be all over it..and the board would be blown up...I do find it ironic that duhmarcus calls someone else immature.

If the Spurs had a player that was that much of a fucking whiny retard, Spurstalk would have put him at the top of their shit list from the beginning.

wut
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Just like I said in the other thread, what Sean said is nothing different than what you would hear from guys like Barkley on TNT. Whether or not you think the statement is "homerish" is whether or not you still respect Duncan's abilities; which is to say it's subjective.

Dex
11-11-2012, 09:12 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

I knew Cousins was a dumb-dumb, but damn...

Obstructed_View
11-11-2012, 09:40 PM
Cousins responded in a way that was thoughtful and measured; for a guy with a reputation of questionable maturity, he was the one who came across as the far bigger person here.

While Cousins may indeed have lost the on-court battle to Duncan, he most certainly got the best of this exchange.

Since this seems to have come long after the confrontation that got him suspended, this deserves an award for terrible reporting.

100%duncan
11-11-2012, 10:59 PM
:cry Can't produce a good comeback :cry

manustarting2gd
11-11-2012, 11:19 PM
Funny shit is real gm has it ****** not Elliott

lefty
11-11-2012, 11:21 PM
I have to agree with what Cousins did

I like Sean as much as the next Spurs fan, but you can't let people talk shit about you

Cousins should have beaten the shit out of him TBH

lol a Spur fan making fun of Cousins here

SayTown
11-12-2012, 12:01 AM
I wonder who told cousins what sean said about him that soon after the game, maybe it was his coach ha. If anything after the game cousins should have been mad at himself for getting punked by tim instead of worrying about what someone said about him especially since it was the truth. And nothing wrong with sean being a homer that's what he should do.

Juggity
11-12-2012, 12:06 AM
I like Sean as much as the next Spurs fan, but you can't let people talk shit about you

Sure you can, if you're interested in keeping your very lucrative job and not being perceived as an reactionary/agressive dumbass.

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2012, 02:35 AM
cousins is dumb, but some clown will still throw a max at him

PÒÓCH
11-12-2012, 03:11 AM
With Cousins suspended and now Thomas Robinson also out for throwing a flagrant elbow, The Sacramento Kings are becoming the A-holes of the NBA. There is no surprise here, if you've followed DeMarcus Cousins career for the last couple of years, immature is just one of many adjectives you can use to describe him. Childish, crude, callow, to name just a few. Sure Sean ****** was being a homer, BUT THAT'S HIS JOB !! The mere fact that Cousins is so concerned about any negative commentary demonstrates just how credulous and rough hewn he is. Look for him to be the next Ron Artest-world peace type personality in the forthcoming years. He's a ticking time bomb.

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/3089793/20120221_kdl_su8_042.0_standard_352.0.jpg

jestersmash
11-12-2012, 03:18 AM
Hilarious.

I had no idea Cousins actually confronted Sean in person. I would've liked to see a video or transcript of that exchange.

Obstructed_View
11-12-2012, 05:39 AM
Cousins probably had his cell phone blowing up, and I'm sure his friends at the game were only too happy to relay it to him ASAP. He obviously acted on half the information since there's no way he could have watched the broadcast to hear what Sean said, which in truth was more advice than inflammatory.

Bruno
11-12-2012, 06:13 AM
The 2 games suspension might seem harsh but Cousins likely said some nasty things to Elliott. There could even have some threats said.

The Kings organization should be blame for that. Last season, they have waived Westphal to please Cousins. How could you expect to keep a player like Cousins in line after that kind of move?

howbouthemspurs
11-12-2012, 09:22 AM
Cousins is an insecure egotistical bigot who can't handle any type criticism whether it is constructive or not. He needs to pull his panties out his ass!

xmas1997
11-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Can"t believe some fans on here are criticizing Sean when he is by a huge margin the best and funniest sports announcer on TV! Most other fans would give their eye teeth to have him as their teams announcer. Some people would complain about anything, about being hung with a new rope.

superbigtime
11-12-2012, 10:13 AM
Dumbmarcus is an incoherent mumbler, like Shaq but without the charm. I love Sean and Bill's commentary in general, but I wouldn't mind if Sean would make his observations and points without being such a homer. Sean may have gone outside the lines a little bit, but Cousins deserved it. A two game suspension seems a little over the top without anything physical actually occurring, which I haven't seen reported.

superbigtime
11-12-2012, 10:15 AM
Good point. I hate seeing coup's against good coaches to please immature idiots like Cousins.

spurs10
11-12-2012, 12:19 PM
The 2 games suspension might seem harsh but Cousins likely said some nasty things to Elliott. There could even have some threats said.

The Kings organization should be blame for that. Last season, they have waived Westphal to please Cousins. How could you expect to keep a player like Cousins in line after that kind of move?
If threats weren't made he wouldn't have been suspended imo.
:toast

Embedded
11-12-2012, 12:40 PM
The more I think about it, Sean Elliott during his Spurs career wound up having a KIDNEY replaced - a Kidney!!! Not a knee, a kidney!!! And he came back and played another year. He made his championship run with the Spurs while battling kidney disease. And he came back after a kidney transplant. My boy beat a fatal illness, and then not only survived, he came back and played professional basketball for another season. You give him props, not for what he did for the Spurs - but what he did for people battling kidney disease. The hope that he gave them. Dumarcus Cousins doesn't understand whom to give respect, and why. THe man is one hell of a role model, and my hero.

xmas1997
11-12-2012, 01:22 PM
The more I think about it, Sean Elliott during his Spurs career wound up having a KIDNEY replaced - a Kidney!!! Not a knee, a kidney!!! And he came back and played another year. He made his championship run with the Spurs while battling kidney disease. And he came back after a kidney transplant. My boy beat a fatal illness, and then not only survived, he came back and played professional basketball for another season. You give him props, not for what he did for the Spurs - but what he did for people battling kidney disease. The hope that he gave them. Dumarcus Cousins doesn't understand whom to give respect, and why. THe man is one hell of a role model, and my hero.

My sentiments exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dingle Barry
11-12-2012, 02:01 PM

I guess we'll add your name to the insecure dumbass list. We can put your name right next to your boy Cousins.

LOL insecure dipshits obsessed with "respect" having no idea how to gain it.

snickles
11-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Is Sean's blatant homerism what's keeping him from getting a real job?(espn/nbatv)

he was actually WAS an announcer ESPN/ABC before leaving to do spurs games.

ChuckD
11-12-2012, 09:55 PM
he was actually WAS an announcer ESPN/ABC before leaving to do spurs games.

I think he gave up his network gig when he re-married. He gets some choice of games and is never on the road for long.

cherylsteele
11-17-2012, 02:02 AM
I am not the one who said that....it was from the Sacramento paper.

DMC
11-17-2012, 02:07 AM

Eh? You're the forum punching bag and you say "you cannot let people talks shit about you"? lol

DMC
11-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Also, the fact that these relatively mild comments got to Cousins to the point where he confronted Sean about it kinda shows that he aint all there.

Tim loves those kind of centers. He eats them alive.

Chase_the_Bass
11-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I downloaded a torrent.