PDA

View Full Version : BTS.scour aka Browser search herpes

mouse
11-11-2012, 08:33 AM
Not many browser hijackers get on my nerves as much as this one. Developed by (a popular virus Protection company) I will leave nameless.

Afterall the best Viruses and spywear are created by the companies that produce the "fix" for that certain marwear.

You ever wonder who could be so smart to create a successful browser hijacker and not have a high paying job working for Norton?

This is nothing new to veterans of the www but to many of the new comers and over 60 crowd that are learning how to properly surf the web this is the $Money$ succubus.

A friend of mine at Bulldog computers has towers and laptops stacked up against the wall with a "7" day wait list. He wants to shake the hand of the creator for help paying his mortgage.

Now why you clicked on this link if your from Google.

Removal

To properly remove BTS.scour is to do a System restore to a date a week prior you noticing BTS.scour, or fresh windows install.

Remember its just another "friendly" browser your virus protection thinks you purposely downloaded. Most virus protections look for Trojans,worms,and rootkits. not annoying redirect herpes of your browser.

Anyone with a proven "successful" complete removal of "BTS.scour" w/o having to do system restore, please post it.

koriwhat
11-11-2012, 10:53 PM
here's a solution... drop your crummy ass winOS and go for a more reliable one. there's one that costs and plenty of others that don't.

mouse
11-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Not a fix

But a quick way around it is to open multiple browsers make sure one is YouTube and right click and copy link location paste in browser search bar.

make the page you need a bookmark and proceed.

Temperately fix.