PDA

View Full Version : DeMarcus Cousins Suspended for Remarks to Sean Elliott

BatManu20
11-11-2012, 07:34 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)
NBA announces DeMarcus Cousins suspended two games for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after Friday's game

Serves him right. He's an immature moron with a lot of growing up to do. I love how Sean Elliott got under his skin so easily haha. :hat:flag:

In case you missed it, here's Cousin's remarks after the game: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/10/demarcus-cousins-responds-to-sean-elliott-ripping-him-on-the-spurs-broadcast/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

benefactor
11-11-2012, 07:38 PM
crofl

What a dumb shit.

Splits
11-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Ahhhahahahahaha!

spurs10
11-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine)
NBA announces DeMarcus Cousins suspended two games for confronting Spurs announcer Sean Elliott "in a hostile manner" after Friday's game

Serves him right. He's an immature moron with a lot of growing up to do. I love how Sean Elliott got under his skin so easily haha. :hat:flag:
I've been waiting for this! Good news, perhaps he'll think twice about confronting people "in a hostile manner." The only reason it's not longer is likely because Sean was stand-up about it.

Arcadian
11-11-2012, 07:47 PM
How did Cousins know about Sean's comments in the first place? I can't imagine that most players are aware of what commentators say about them.

Did he confront Sean personally, or just indirectly through his comments in the postgame interview?

timaios
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
I've been waiting for this! Good news, perhaps he'll think twice about confronting people "in a hostile manner." The only reason it's not longer is likely because Sean was stand-up about it.

Good news... for the Lakers. Fuck that !

Duncan2177
11-11-2012, 07:49 PM
That dude is a idiot.

Kurik
11-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Elliott with the best defense so far this year for the Spurs. :toast

spurs10
11-11-2012, 08:04 PM
How did Cousins know about Sean's comments in the first place? I can't imagine that most players are aware of what commentators say about them.

Did he confront Sean personally, or just indirectly through his comments in the postgame interview?
He waited for Sean to get off the air and confronted him saying some pretty "hostile" stuff apparently.

mercos
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
I love Sean, but that penalty was a bit harsh. Fans pay to see the star players, its a shame to make them miss games over silly stuff. This seemed more like a fine worthy episode, that hurts them more anyway.

spurs10
11-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Good news... for the Lakers. Fuck that !
:lol I get what you mean, but the Lakers probably had that anyway.

Kidd K
11-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Did something happen besides that post game interview? He pretty much didn't say anything out of the ordinary in that interview. Definitely not 2 game suspension-worthy.

wut
11-11-2012, 08:31 PM
I love Sean, but that penalty was a bit harsh. Fans pay to see the star players, its a shame to make them miss games over silly stuff. This seemed more like a fine worthy episode, that hurts them more anyway.

Again, I'd agree with this sentiment if it weren't for the fact that it sounds like Cousins was on the verge of assaulting Elliott after the game.

I don't think Elliott said anything out of bounds. He said, 'hey if you're going to talk trash to Duncan, you're going to look stupid in the end.'. This isn't really any different than the stuff you hear after a TNT game from Charles. To top it off, instead of learning some humility and realizing he really shouldn't talk trash (which was the whole point of Sean's statement), he let his anger stew and confronted Sean after the game. What this proves is that Cousins act was deliberate (since he had time to think before he reacted)....thus the league is forced to act.

Obstructed_View
11-11-2012, 08:37 PM
Jordan schooled so many young players that decided to talk trash to him, and every analyst in the world said the exact same thing Sean said about those young players. Really failing to understand the homer angle on this; if Kawhi Leonard smack talked to Lebron James and got him going, Sean would have been twice as harsh on KL.

spurs10
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Again, I'd agree with this sentiment if it weren't for the fact that it sounds like Cousins was on the verge of assaulting Elliott after the game.

I don't think Elliott said anything out of bounds. He said, 'hey if you're going to talk trash to Duncan, you're going to look stupid in the end.'. This isn't really any different than the stuff you hear after a TNT game from Charles. To top it off, instead of learning some humility and realizing he really shouldn't talk trash (which was the whole point of Sean's statement), he let his anger stew and confronted Sean after the game. What this proves is that Cousins act was deliberate (since he had time to think before he reacted)....thus the league is forced to act.
This is true. It has nothing to do with any interviews. Cousins waited for Sean to get off the air, and I believe the NBA saying he confronted him "in a hostile manner" is putting it mildly. It's over now, and I hope he has learned from this. Not too bright...

wut
11-11-2012, 08:41 PM
Did something happen besides that post game interview? He pretty much didn't say anything out of the ordinary in that interview. Definitely not 2 game suspension-worthy.

Cousins "confronted" Sean after they went off the air. Basically it sounds like he started talking sh4t to Sean as well after the game. If talking trash turns personal, as in threatening, it's considered assault...but there's no facts to assume that it went that far. Bill Schoening called the exchange "animated". In any case, the league clearly is sending a message to Cousins to grow up.

The true irony of this is that Cousins proved Sean's point.

Obstructed_View
11-11-2012, 08:48 PM
Ian Mahinmi almost made Cousins cry in summer league a few years ago. Too bad the guy still hasn't learned anything.

DPG21920
11-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Suspension seems very harsh to me.

DMC
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Suspension seems very harsh to me.

That's going to cost them a couple of games, or not. Suspending him means they keep some money, sounds like a smart move.

lol Sean with the Horry verbal hip check on Cousins.

Bill_Brasky
11-11-2012, 08:58 PM
The guy is literally an 8 year old mentally.

hoopdreams11
11-11-2012, 09:00 PM

The Sacramento reporters told him about what Sean said in the lockeroom. After his lockeroom interview he came out to confront Sean in the Arena. That's why the suspension there were probably some people still around.

BanditHiro
11-11-2012, 09:35 PM
ah fuck right before the Lakers game. Harsh penalty obviously to help the Lakers.

Obstructed_View
11-11-2012, 09:41 PM
The Sacramento reporters told him about what Sean said in the lockeroom. After his lockeroom interview he came out to confront Sean in the Arena. That's why the suspension there were probably some people still around.

Didn't the report say he was still in uniform when he confronted Elliott? He was in street clothes when he was talking to the media.

spurs10
11-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Didn't the report say he was still in uniform when he confronted Elliott? He was in street clothes when he was talking to the media.
Good observation....he was backpedaling pretty seriously by the time the interview. Doing as much damage control as possible....giving Tim props etc.

sananspursfan21
11-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Cousins wasn't professional. The confrontation wasn't the issue, it was how he did it. He thinks hes this big brute that can just do whatever, you get that vibe from listening to him speak. well deserved.

Drz
11-11-2012, 10:21 PM
It seems like the suspension is 100% related to confronting an announcer, and what Cousins and Elliott actually said to each other barely entered the equation in the suspension. The league is being proactive about making sure this is never an issue again. It's easy to see why --- it's not all that different from confronting a fan who's been critical of you. Players have to keep their confrontations to players, and absolutely NO ONE else.

Edit:

Cousins wasn't professional. The confrontation wasn't the issue, it was how he did it. He thinks hes this big brute that can just do whatever, you get that vibe from listening to him speak. well deserved.
Funny how we posted exactly opposite thoughts at the exact same time. :) I don't see how the "how he did it" could be an issue, because details on what he did are too fuzzy. The actual on court stuff, whether we like it or not, is fine ... players are certainly allowed to trash talk.

sananspursfan21
11-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Funny how we posted exactly opposite thoughts at the exact same time. :) I don't see how the "how he did it" could be an issue, because details on what he did are too fuzzy. The actual on court stuff, whether we like it or not, is fine ... players are certainly allowed to trash talk.

Haha, i know. well i mean, you're right. details aren't real clear but word was, it was a hostile confrontation. Cousins wasn't exactly telling Sean that it hurt his feelings. I could see Cousins approaching him and just saying that he didn't appreciate it and move on. but if "the word" is right, he was flexing.

DMC
11-11-2012, 11:49 PM
It doesn't matter what was said. It matters that a player confronts the media after the game. Refs are there for players during the game, but there's no refs for off court altercations. Sean's employers can punish him if they deem it necessary, and Cousins could file a complaint, but you cannot cross the line. Every professional athlete knows that.

Splits
11-11-2012, 11:51 PM
Does anyone remember Spree choking out his own coach, Carlisimo, for telling him to pass better in practice? You think the league wants a replay? Cousins is a loose cannon waiting to go off, any observer of the league knows that. I for one don't put it past him to lose his shit violently, all the rest of his emotional behavior resembles that of an 8 year old.

DMC
11-11-2012, 11:53 PM
Sean ain't PJ and will put him on his candy ass.

timvp
11-11-2012, 11:55 PM
Cousins never mentally advanced past fifth grade. Coddled too young and just not the sharpest tool in the toolbox, to put it kindly.

But, tbh, the Kings organization is partially at fault for this latest misstep. How could Cousins go on the court, wait for Elliott to finish and no one came out to stop him? I know his teammates hate him but there's wasn't an assistant coach or anyone associated with the team there to advise him that he was making a mistake? For example, if Stephen Jackson tried to pull something similar, he'd have 13 teammates, five coaches and probably a dozen other people directing him back to the locker room.

ChuckD
11-12-2012, 12:19 AM
I've been trying to distill down to the basics what DeMarcus exact pathology is, and I'm pretty sure he's a great big old' mamas boy. He displays a certain braggadocio, coupled together with a whininess unbecoming of someone his size. His mother should be ashamed of doing that to him. A strong black woman raises strong black men. He's probably a 'one punch', too, the number landed that It takes for him to flee the scene or cry.

ElNono
11-12-2012, 12:30 AM
tbh, I hope this doesn't spell trouble for Duncan... raping children is illegal, and if you add mentally challenged, the charges could be even worse.

Kori Ellis
11-12-2012, 12:35 AM

Right. So I still don't get who told him Sean was talking trash. Someone told him before he even hit the showers or talked to the media.

Anyway, it's funny that a player would get so worked up about what a commentator says about him to the point he'd confront him "in a hostile manner."

TDMVPDPOY
11-12-2012, 01:03 AM
most of you clowns are fkn blind by the stupid bullshit cousins pulled

get suspended so the lakers can have an easy win to get back their season, i see what the nba is tryin to do here....

Splits
11-12-2012, 01:53 AM
Oh man, this Yahoo! blogger Eric Freeman (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/demarcus-cousins-got-confusing-suspension-confronting-spurs-commentator-033627383--nba.html) is either trolling everybody or an idiot, but he's getting destroyed in the comments for taking Cousins' side on this.

timvp
11-12-2012, 02:25 AM
Oh man, this Yahoo! blogger Eric Freeman (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/demarcus-cousins-got-confusing-suspension-confronting-spurs-commentator-033627383--nba.html) is either trolling everybody or an idiot, but he's getting destroyed in the comments for taking Cousins' side on this.

Destroyed isn't a strong enough adjective, tbh. It's an obvious page-view grab of a blog post ... but the execution is so bad that it fails in its very attempt to fail.

roycrikside
11-12-2012, 02:57 AM

get suspended so the lakers can have an easy win to get back their season, i see what the nba is tryin to do here....

Bingo. If Cousins confronted the Lakers color guy and had a game with the Spurs coming up, he wouldn't be suspended. League just wants to give their darlings an easy W.

will_spurs
11-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Im quite sure the fact that he actually waited for Sean on the court has a lot to do with it, even more than the manner or the words exchanged. It's one thing to flare up during a chance encounter, but waiting for somebody goes way further than that and shows intent, basically. This being said, I find it way too harsh compared to some other stuff (especially players willfully hurting other players).

And re: how he knew about it, in this day and age of instant communication it'd be quite easy: a text message, twitter DM, etc. Something along the lines of "Elliott disrespected you on TV" would be enough to make somebody with Cousins' maturity go ballistic.

will_spurs
11-12-2012, 03:06 AM
RT @Monroe_SA: DeMarcus Cousins suspended 2 games for 'hostile confrontation' with Sean Elliott; know what? I bet Elliott feels worse about it than DC.

QFT

milkyway21
11-12-2012, 05:23 AM
fine maybe, but not suspension ..

well, Duncan was suspended for just 'touching' a referree before,
this one Cousins disrespected not only Tim Duncan but a sports analyst as well, so why not?

howbouthemspurs
11-12-2012, 09:32 AM
I got league pass and I didn't get to hear what Sean said .... Can anyone post up a vid or a transcript? By the way the Sacramento Commentators were astounded with the double no call when Cousins rammed his shoulder into Duncan to create space for a score two times in a row right in front of the ref. They couldn't understand how Cousins was getting away with the obvious charge on both occasions!

Please_dont_ban_me
11-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Is there a clip of Cousins confronting Sean? Lol, what an idiot.

Darius Bieber
11-12-2012, 02:37 PM
Cousins probably waited until after Sean was done so that Captain Jack wouldn't be there. Jack would have had Sean's back in a heartbeat.

Leetonidas
11-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Getting butthurt over a commentators analysis :lol how many times would Howard have been suspended if he reacted every time Shaq said something about him? I thought Cousins was growing in that department finally, guess not

temujin
11-12-2012, 06:16 PM

Pretty obvious, here.

NickiRasgo
11-14-2012, 12:18 AM
NBA Denies DeMarcus Cousins’ Appeal (http://airalamo.com/2012/11/13/nba-denies-demarcus-cousins-appeal/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co)

gospursgojas
11-14-2012, 01:19 AM
WTF did sean say?

lefty
11-14-2012, 01:22 AM
NBA Denies DeMarcus Cousins’ Appeal (http://airalamo.com/2012/11/13/nba-denies-demarcus-cousins-appeal/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co)

Did Cousins wait for Stern outside of his office ?

alamo50
11-14-2012, 08:53 AM
I got league pass and I didn't get to hear what Sean said .... Can anyone post up a vid or a transcript? By the way the Sacramento Commentators were astounded with the double no call when Cousins rammed his shoulder into Duncan to create space for a score two times in a row right in front of the ref. They couldn't understand how Cousins was getting away with the obvious charge on both occasions!

Don't you hate it you can't select what broadcast you wanna listen to?

Maddog
11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't you hate it you can't select what broadcast you wanna listen to?
Definitely- especialy when it's the Rockets. I'm not sure why but I find them the hardest to listen to...

It is interesting to listen to the other teams announcers on occasion. The Sacramento guys are pretty decent. They where amazed that Cousins got away with an offensive foul twice.

Tigole Bitties
11-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Isn't Elliott a black belt in some martial arts? How'd he get the "Ninja" nickname?

Obstructed_View
11-14-2012, 07:35 PM
Isn't Elliott a black belt in some martial arts? How'd he get the "Ninja" nickname?

I thought the Ninja nickname was one of those attempts to force a nickname on a player, like someone did with "Black Mamba" for Kobe. Unlike Kobe, Sean was lucky enough that his didn't really stick.

Juggity
11-14-2012, 07:55 PM
I thought the Ninja nickname was one of those attempts to force a nickname on a player, like someone did with "Black Mamba" for Kobe. Unlike Kobe, Sean was lucky enough that his didn't really stick.

I always thought Kobe gave himself that bargain bin nickname, which would make it even worse :lol

LakerHater
11-14-2012, 08:03 PM
KoMe did give himself that stupid nickname!

boutons_deux
11-14-2012, 08:50 PM
NBA players union still appealing Cousins' suspension
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/14/kings-demarcus-cousins-appeal.ap/?ls=iref:nbahpts

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2012, 10:05 PM
NBA players union still appealing Cousins' suspension
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/11/14/kings-demarcus-cousins-appeal.ap/?ls=iref:nbahpts

lol nba players union trying to get some creditability back by doing some work after funneling some of the unions money for its own private projects which was not in the interest of the players...that clown is a total joke

Obstructed_View
11-15-2012, 03:34 PM
I always thought Kobe gave himself that bargain bin nickname, which would make it even worse :lol

I guess I should have put "someone" in italics to indicate that it was Kobe himself, which was my implication.

DisAsTerBot
11-15-2012, 03:52 PM

i thought he got it after turning his house(iirc) into a haunted house one Halloween and dressing as a ninja... again iirc

timvp
02-19-2013, 10:10 PM
Bump.

Sean Elliott not doing the game in the return to Sacramento?

:stirpot:

FromWayDowntown
02-19-2013, 10:36 PM
Bump.

Sean Elliott not doing the game in the return to Sacramento?

:stirpot:

It's the old "Old Timers Game Injury" smoke screen.

Chinook
03-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Cousins apologized to Elliott a couple of days ago, per ESPN.

Dex
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
Interesting.

DeMarcus Cousins Apologized to Sean Elliott for 2012 Confrontation

Better late than never, we suppose. DeMarcus Cousins got in trouble a couple of years ago for confronting Spurs TV analyst Sean Elliott after he made critical remarks on the air; Boogie Cousins apologized to ****** on Friday for losing his cool. Per the Sac Bee:

The NBA deemed that confrontation threatening and hostile and suspended Cousins for two games.

When the Spurs were in Sacramento this past Friday, Cousins approached Elliott before the game and apologized.

“What happened between me and Sean the other day was just me being man enough to admit that I was wrong,” Cousins said. “I wasn’t expecting it to get out. I was hoping it was going to be something between me and him.”

Cousins had maintained for more than a year that he didn’t do anything worthy of a suspension. But Elliott said the apology seemed sincere. Word spread of the apology because it happened before the game where team officials and media could see it courtside.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2014/03/demarcus-cousins-apologized-sean-******-2012-confrontation/

Still a knuckehead, tbh.

Dex
03-24-2014, 04:34 PM
lol ******

lol Slam Online

lol luckthefakers

T Park
03-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Good to see he might finally be growing up.
I doubt it though.

LittleCriminal
03-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Boogie to the Spurs next year?
He can't beat Sa... Probably decided to join em..
Blue colored font needed btw...