PDA

View Full Version : Kaepernick

Lincoln
11-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Can this hybrid white/black QB make it in the nfl? How's his accuracy?

HI-FI
11-11-2012, 07:51 PM
symple should answer this. from what I've seen, which has been limited, his accuracy is iffy. He's got a cannon for an arm and can run, reminds me a little like Randall Cunningham, but I think his accuracy needs to be more consistent. Though Alex smith has taken awhile to get as accurate as he is.

symple19
11-11-2012, 08:57 PM
Can this hybrid white/black QB make it in the nfl? How's his accuracy?

Eh, not great. He's another run first spread fucker that never felt a center's balls until he hit the NFL. HIFI is correct that he has a rocket launcher for an arm and is a special athlete, but I have yet to see any evidence that he'll translate into a viable drop back/pocket passer

He wasn't bad today, imo. Had it been Alex Smiff I don't think the Niners claw their way back. He was able to keep plays alive with his legs, but he also missed a lot of open receivers by failing to adequately get through his progressions. I will say this, he can feel the rush a million times better than Alexandra can.

Bottom line - He's not the long term answer in Greg Romans system. He's fine for red zone gimmick work, but otherwise he should be holding the clipboard and passing out water. The fucking Niners still need a prototypical drop back passer if they're ever going to return to the promised land

You hear that Baalke?!?!?!?!?

Pelicans78
11-11-2012, 09:11 PM
Eh, not great. He's another run first spread fucker that never felt a center's balls until he hit the NFL. HIFI is correct that he has a rocket launcher for an arm and is a special athlete, but I have yet to see any evidence that he'll translate into a viable drop back/pocket passer

He wasn't bad today, imo. Had it been Alex Smiff I don't think the Niners claw their way back. He was able to keep plays alive with his legs, but he also missed a lot of open receivers by failing to adequately get through his progressions. I will say this, he can feel the rush a million times better than Alexandra can.

Bottom line - He's not the long term answer in Greg Romans system. He's fine for red zone gimmick work, but otherwise he should be holding the clipboard and passing out water. The fucking Niners still need a prototypical drop back passer if they're ever going to return to the promised land

You hear that Baalke?!?!?!?!?

Harbaugh wants him to be the long-term answer. They know Smith won't get them there.

symple19
11-11-2012, 11:30 PM
Harbaugh wants him to be the long-term answer. They know Smith won't get them there.

Neither will Kap. Somewhere, deep inside, Harbaugh knows this

Avante
11-12-2012, 12:53 AM
He can't make all the throws so no he isn't the answer to anything, he is a situational/gimmick player. He has to be put in spots and situations tailor made for his talents. He could never be a starting QB but that's not why the Niners drafted him either.

HI-FI
11-19-2012, 09:06 PM
He can't make all the throws so no he isn't the answer to anything, he is a situational/gimmick player. He has to be put in spots and situations tailor made for his talents. He could never be a starting QB but that's not why the Niners drafted him either.
making some great throws tonite. liking what i'm seeing in a real game situation.

Pelicans78
11-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Neither will Kap. Somewhere, deep inside, Harbaugh knows this

I really think the Niners want him to be that guy because they can be so versatile with him back there. He's not a gimmick in their eyes.

Pelicans78
11-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Spags is crapping in his pants right now.:lol

Pelicans78
11-19-2012, 09:36 PM
Fuck this shit.

Creepn
11-19-2012, 09:45 PM
First time I seen this guy, he looks pretty damn good out there.

symple19
11-19-2012, 10:02 PM
I sure hope I'm wrong about him, but he does look good tonight. Still, we need a bigger sample size before the semen cloud starts to form

symple19
11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
I really think the Niners want him to be that guy because they can be so versatile with him back there. He's not a gimmick in their eyes.

All the talk out of Santa Clara confirms this, but I still don't know. I'll probably be pessimistic until he has a Super Bowl ring on, however :lol

Pelicans78
11-19-2012, 10:19 PM
All the talk out of Santa Clara confirms this, but I still don't know. I'll probably be pessimistic until he has a Super Bowl ring on, however :lol

I don't blame you for being pessimistic. This team is easily good enough to win a Super Bowl. Very few flaws.

Pelicans78
11-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Has Smith lost his job? I actually want him to start next week in the Dome. Kaepernick scares the shit out of me.

symple19
11-19-2012, 10:29 PM
Has Smith lost his job? I actually want him to start next week in the Dome. Kaepernick scares the shit out of me.

Not that I know of. Smith is still being held out because of the concussion he suffered last week. He should start next week.

Pelicans78
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Not that I know of. Smith is still being held out because of the concussion he suffered last week. He should start next week.

I knew he was out with the concussion, but with Kaepernick playing dynamically, should Smith be kept on the bench?

symple19
11-19-2012, 10:47 PM
I knew he was out with the concussion, but with Kaepernick playing dynamically, should Smith be kept on the bench?

Doubt Harbaugh would bench a season-long starter for a guy who had one good game. Let's see how this tilt finishes and then watch what happens. Should be interesting to see what the chatter is like out of 49er headquarters if Kap finishes strong

HI-FI
11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
I don't want to shit on Avante's prediction too much, he gets that enough on here tbh

Kaepernick looked very good. Hilarious Gruden compared him to Randall Cunningham, that's who I always compared him to. He just has a similar physicality to him.

Honestly, I hope this doesn't turn into a QB controversy though I'm sure the media will. We're fortunate to have two decent to good QBs right now. Smith has finally improved with the consistency, but no doubt Kaepnerick can make throws that Smith can't.

xellos88330
11-20-2012, 02:55 AM
I definitely didn't expect this. I also always looked at him as a gimmick. He definitely showed that he can do some work out there tonight against that Bears defense. In Chicago's defense though, I don't really think they game planned for Kaepernick to assault from the air. It seemed like the defense just fell apart after the shock of Kaepernick shredding the defense with his arm. If Harbaugh decides to let Smith rest up next week and start Kaepernick, I hope he understands that the opponents will most likely be ready for him after tonights performance.

Blake
11-20-2012, 10:15 AM

which means he can make all the throws and will be a starter.

Avante has the shittiest talent judging and prediction abilities I've ever seen. Ever.

Trill Clinton
11-20-2012, 11:55 AM
kaepernick is the truth.

Trill Clinton
01-13-2013, 06:59 PM
dope thread

symple19
01-13-2013, 08:48 PM
So far so good. Incredibly impressive in his first playoff start. Starting to feel optimistic about Kap and the Niners. Strange feeling, lol

Ghazi
01-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Top 5 QB within 3 years.

HI-FI
01-14-2013, 12:06 AM
So far so good. Incredibly impressive in his first playoff start. Starting to feel optimistic about Kap and the Niners. Strange feeling, lol
Strange but good feeling. Even with Smith, he had gotten much better but was still a really good game manager. I always worried because of his hesitancy. We still had a killer D, great rushing and decent special teams. When Niners were playing Giants in the NFCCG, i didn't feel good about us winning that one or even the SB if we made it mainly because of my trust in Smith. But Kaep gives us huge playmaking ability. I felt good when we drafted him and I feel even stronger that he is what we need.

tlongII
01-14-2013, 12:32 AM
The Niners and Seahawks are going to have some serious battles for several years.

Fpoonsie
01-14-2013, 01:08 AM
Kap's a huge fucking douchebag asshole.

It's fantastic.