PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have the video of the Stephen Jackson / Chris Pual / Matt Barnes scuffle?

Please_dont_ban_me
11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm trying to find a clip on Youtube or Google but haven't had any luck. It's described in detail below.

I love Stephen Jackson and it doesn't surprise me one bit he stepped in ready to defend his guy. I'd love to see the clip.

I mentioned that the pick-up game became chippy several times. Guess which Spur took center stage and reveled in it? Stephen Jackson is always ready for a brawl. In the fourth, a play after receiving a cheap shot from the notoriously dirty Matt Barnes, Manu grabbed Chris Paul's arm and took him to the ground. Blake Griffin, who isn't crazy but probably has been watching too much Inside the NBA where Charles Barkley preaches that Big Men have to protect their point guard, went after Manu.

Stephen Jackson jumped in between them and looked legitimately ready to throw-down. Blake gave a, "Hey man, I thought we could just square-off and get separated" look to Stephen. Jackson yelled at him while looking completely unstable, and that was the end of that conflict. I love having Captain Jack back on the Spurs. Not only did he defuse the situation with his willingness to take it to the next level, but the Clippers did not take another cheap shot the rest of the night.

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2012/11/8/3616818/spurs-lose-pick-up-game-to-clippers-84-106

bigfan
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
I love having SJ as a Spur. He has matured so much over the years but everyone knows he is not a fellow you want to tangle with.

Sean Cagney
11-12-2012, 03:10 PM
I loved when we had him and K Willis on the team, man those guys were intimidating in 03.

McGusto55
11-12-2012, 04:11 PM
All i know is that he kept tell blake ..whats up boy.whats up!!,

FlAVaK
11-12-2012, 04:40 PM
At around 75:15, after the flop by CP3

http://livetv.ru/de/showvideo/118722_la_clippers_san_antonio/

And Jack was already there, when Blake went towards Manu...

bklynspursfan
11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
I really wish Jack was there during the Sac game. We need that enforcer, other than him we don't have anyone like that. He brings so much to this squad, it's awesome

jag
11-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Blake is a big dude, but he's not crazy. Jack is obviously crazy.

Blake's sanity makes him consider consequences like suspensions and whatnot. Jackson has no such thoughts.

swaggerjackson
11-12-2012, 05:26 PM
Ok NBA officials i think there is significant evidence of a CP3 flop. You called out some no-name NBA guys,now go get the real perpetrators. Even while typing that I just think it is so ironic that Manu is committing the foul.

bigfan
11-12-2012, 07:18 PM
What a frikkin flop job by Paul!

Stabula
11-12-2012, 07:24 PM
Do you think thats its cool that in Indi he jumped in and attacked fans?

Some people need a good punch in the face bro

swaggerjackson
11-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Yea I wish CP3 was a fan in stands back in Detroit. Seriously what a coward. He flops so bad his teammates rush in to "defend" him. Why would you defend someone who purposefully puts you in harms way. Honestly nothing really happened, but it is not hard to imagine this escalating. And why? Because Chris Paul dives on the ground when Ginobili grabs one of his arms. Seriously how can the league let this go. I am not saying I was for the flopping fine, but atleast enforce the rules you create.

spurs1990
11-12-2012, 07:59 PM

what the fuck was that??? Manu barely touched that pos Paul and both Jordan and Griffin are ready to throw down thanks to monumental acting job.

Here it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VulnRcE12f0

spurs10
11-12-2012, 09:40 PM
They are still trying to save face from the playoffs imo....tough guys. Was there a sniper in the building???:hat

Spurs da champs
11-13-2012, 12:08 AM
Damn Bonner & Blair are chicken shits!

aal04
11-13-2012, 01:44 AM
im 5'7 153lb and id face up to Blake. That guy is one soft SOB, hes so fake.

lakerhaterade
11-13-2012, 01:53 AM
lol Jordan and Blake step up to Manu and then proceed to back off when SJAX comes in the picture. That's why it's good to have a crazy mfker on your team.

FkLA
11-13-2012, 02:06 AM
lol Bonner getting shoved around like a ragdoll

SpursRock20
11-13-2012, 02:44 AM
Love this guy. See how he gets in between Manu and the WHOLE Clippers team as BonBon looked on from a safe distance? Jackson's a true teammate. He doesn't ask "Was my teammate wrong in this situation?" No, he just sees his color jersey in an altercation and he backs him up. No matter what. Those type of people are seriously hard to come by, ecspecially when they are already being paid millions.

BTW I hate seeing Jack in all these trade scenarios. I know he's a valuable trade chip because of his expiring contract, but this guy still brings a heck of a lot to the table. Something that Kawhi can not yet bring. And it is sad to think that the last NBA memory he could have is being traded away to a non-contender because I know his time is coming to an end. I just don't think this is how his story should possibly end. Please Spurs, don't trade this guy. He almost won that rigged game 6 by himself last year.

SpursRock20
11-13-2012, 02:49 AM
And another thing, how in the hell did he get a technical on this play? Is the NBA that stupid? Believe it or not, but he actually stopped this from escalating any further. Once the Clippers saw Jack enter the scene, they thought "O shit, this guy ain't playing. Tough guy act is over." Dilemma ended in literally 8 seconds.

will_spurs
11-13-2012, 05:46 AM
I wouldn't say it's flopping per se as Manu actually commits a foul (touching a player's elbow while shooting), it's just that Paul is over-selling it for the refs, with the consequence of making it look a lot worse than it was, potentially getting Manu into trouble and potentially leading to a brawl... for all these reasons he should get a warning (or more), but it's not a flop in the sense the NBA is thinking.

The sniper incident now that's a flop.

spurspokesman
11-13-2012, 08:08 AM
I loved when we had him and K Willis on the team, man those guys were intimidating in 03.
This. Two man wrecking crew.

spurspokesman
11-13-2012, 08:11 AM
Ok NBA officials i think there is significant evidence of a CP3 flop. You called out some no-name NBA guys,now go get the real perpetrators. Even while typing that I just think it is so ironic that Manu is committing the foul.
The disclaimer to the flopping rule is its perfectly ok to flop against serial floppers.

bklynspursfan
11-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Jax always seems to be there to back up Manu. Did the same w/Steve Blake last year. Having a guy like Kenyon Martin there in the 2nd unit would be nice too, in case Jax misses a game we have someone else who isn't easily intimidated.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2012, 12:32 PM
I wouldn't say it's flopping per se as Manu actually commits a foul (touching a player's elbow while shooting),

SInce it's impossible for a light foul on the arm to cause a player to fly into the air parallel with the ground and land on his back, I'm forced to conclude that he flopped, even if he managed to draw a foul in the process. From the original angle it looked like Manu undercut him, which would lead to a collision like that. Since it caused an unnecessary fracas - and judging by the indignant look on his face when he got up, that was exactly his intent - I'd say that trying to incite a brawl which results in technicals over nothing more than a simple touch foul is exactly what the league wants to prevent.

Creation88
11-13-2012, 12:49 PM
how is Paul not fined for flopping there. i hate that bitch.

will_spurs
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
Since it caused an unnecessary fracas - and judging by the indignant look on his face when he got up, that was exactly his intent - I'd say that trying to incite a brawl which results in technicals over nothing more than a simple touch foul is exactly what the league wants to prevent.

Totally agree with you. Was just pointing out that if there's a foul, it can't possibly a flop (which is pretending there was a foul when there was none). Not sure what the word is for that, but it should certainly be worth a warning.

bklynspursfan
11-13-2012, 02:14 PM
and if he gets into a fight he will miss a lot more than one game.

I think he's passed the fighting thing. (you're referring to Jack right?) I think his presence alone intimidates most, and his background.

I remember when we got him last year, some analyst said they thought the Bulls should've went after him cause Lebron isn't as aggressive vs Jack and think's he's nuts. lol

Sean Cagney
11-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Yea I wish CP3 was a fan in stands back in Detroit. Seriously what a coward. He flops so bad his teammates rush in to "defend" him. Why would you defend someone who purposefully puts you in harms way. Honestly nothing really happened, but it is not hard to imagine this escalating. And why? Because Chris Paul dives on the ground when Ginobili grabs one of his arms. Seriously how can the league let this go. I am not saying I was for the flopping fine, but atleast enforce the rules you create.

I can't stand that little carlton banks whiney looking punk CP3, he always flops and looks like he is going to cry. Didn't Zach Randolph call him and his team out last year about that crap? I guess it's infectious.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Totally agree with you. Was just pointing out that if there's a foul, it can't possibly a flop (which is pretending there was a foul when there was none). Not sure what the word is for that, but it should certainly be worth a warning.

Yeah, I've always been of the belief that Manu selling a foul that's actually a foul isn't the same as when, say, Robert Horry used to fall down in the lane and get the refs to call an illegal pick on the opponent. That said, Manu has never tried to upsell a foul to a flagrant. Chris Paul does that regularly, complete with the angry tirade that follows. Someone would figure these morons would have learned their lesson from Nash flopping into the scorer's table after Horry hit him. If Paul does that one of these days and someone's injured in a subsequent fight, he's probably going to end up regretting his actions.

Obstructed_View
11-13-2012, 04:05 PM

Let's not mistake what Jack did for what Artest did. Jack wouldn't be the first one into the stands in a thousand years, but he'd follow a teammate there 100 out of 100 times. Fans should appreciate that kind of loyalty.

SpursRock20
11-13-2012, 04:21 PM
Let's not mistake what Jack did for what Artest did. Jack wouldn't be the first one into the stands in a thousand years, but he'd follow a teammate there 100 out of 100 times. Fans should appreciate that kind of loyalty.

Well said

Bill_Brasky
11-13-2012, 04:27 PM
The fact that that tiny little foul was almost turned into a fight because of CP3's flop and stare means he should be getting a fine...

crc21209
11-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Jack is EASILY one of my Top 10 favorite Spurs of All-Time. If I was a pro ball player, I would LOVE to have a guy like him on my team that has my back at all times...

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
what the fuck was that??? Manu barely touched that pos Paul and both Jordan and Griffin are ready to throw down thanks to monumental acting job.

Here it is on youtube:

Love it.

1) It wasn't even a foul, Bonner got the ball. I don't know why Paul even goes after Manu, wrong guy dumbass.

2) Stephen Jackson is a fucking beast. He jumps in there without any hesitation and is staring down four clipper players ready to throw down.

3) Lol @ Blake Griffin pretending like the ref is holding him back. Right.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 12:14 PM
I love having SJ as a Spur. He has matured so much over the years but everyone knows he is not a fellow you want to tangle with.

No doubt. I don't think he looks for a fight but he will not back down from anyone.

K Will was a nice dude, but tough as well. But SJax brings more street cred and toughness. KWill was tough too though, no doubt.

All i know is that he kept tell blake ..whats up boy.whats up!!,

LMAO. I don't see that in the vid but if it's true I love it. Lol @ Blake being held back by a ref who is probably 5'4 185 pounds.

Thanks brah.

I really wish Jack was there during the Sac game. We need that enforcer, other than him we don't have anyone like that. He brings so much to this squad, it's awesome

Every team needs a SJax.

Blake is a big dude, but he's not crazy. Jack is obviously crazy.

Blake's sanity makes him consider consequences like suspensions and whatnot. Jackson has no such thoughts.

True. But I think certain guys are built certain ways. Some guys like to fight, some guys won't back down from a fight, and some just won't fight. I think Blake is of the 'just wont fight' mold. SJax is a 'wont back down from a fight' guy. He doesn't care who it is. I remember him getting mixed up with guys like Karl Malone and Kobe his first year here.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 12:26 PM

Chris Paul is just weak sauce. Great player, but a little girl at times.

I think it's cool that he saw his teaammate go in the stands, and without passing judgement he saw that he needed to go over and help him out. At that point all he saw was his one teammate versus about 20,000 fans. And he still went in to help. That's what I think is cool.

What a frikkin flop job by Paul!

Weak Sauce. Chris "Weak Sauce" Paul.

Damn Bonner & Blair are chicken shits!

LMAO. I missed that the first time. Damn they just casually stroll over then Bonner gets tossed out of the way. Not unexpected.

im 5'7 153lb and id face up to Blake. That guy is one soft SOB, hes so fake.

Yep. Good player, athletic dunker, not a tough guy.

lol Jordan and Blake step up to Manu and then proceed to back off when SJAX comes in the picture. That's why it's good to have a crazy mfker on your team.

Hell yeah. It's easy to be tough when you know the other guy won't throw down (like they knew Manu wouldn't). But when a real mofo gets in the picture then you have to re-evaluate. Because Jackson might get his ass kicked by the four of you...but he's know out one or two of you in the process. You want to be that one that gets knocked out?

lol Bonner getting shoved around like a ragdoll

Lol @ casually strolling over. Then casually getting pushed out of it.

Love this guy. See how he gets in between Manu and the WHOLE Clippers team as BonBon looked on from a safe distance? Jackson's a true teammate. He doesn't ask "Was my teammate wrong in this situation?" No, he just sees his color jersey in an altercation and he backs him up. No matter what. Those type of people are seriously hard to come by, ecspecially when they are already being paid millions.

BTW I hate seeing Jack in all these trade scenarios. I know he's a valuable trade chip because of his expiring contract, but this guy still brings a heck of a lot to the table. Something that Kawhi can not yet bring. And it is sad to think that the last NBA memory he could have is being traded away to a non-contender because I know his time is coming to an end. I just don't think this is how his story should possibly end. Please Spurs, don't trade this guy. He almost won that rigged game 6 by himself last year.

I haven't heard of the trade rumors but that would be extremely disappointing. Every team needs an SJax and I couldn't have worded it better than yourself. He's the guy you want in your corner when shit goes down.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 12:32 PM
And another thing, how in the hell did he get a technical on this play? Is the NBA that stupid? Believe it or not, but he actually stopped this from escalating any further. Once the Clippers saw Jack enter the scene, they thought "O shit, this guy ain't playing. Tough guy act is over." Dilemma ended in literally 8 seconds.

Lmao. I'm guessing it was the "c'mon boy" to Blake Griffin. But he definitely diffused the situation REAL quick.

Jax always seems to be there to back up Manu. Did the same w/Steve Blake last year. Having a guy like Kenyon Martin there in the 2nd unit would be nice too, in case Jax misses a game we have someone else who isn't easily intimidated.

Would love Kenyon Martin off the bench.

I think he's passed the fighting thing. (you're referring to Jack right?) I think his presence alone intimidates most, and his background.

I remember when we got him last year, some analyst said they thought the Bulls should've went after him cause Lebron isn't as aggressive vs Jack and think's he's nuts. lol

I remember SJax when no one knew him and he was getting physical with Lebron. Getting his moneys worth on hard fouls and what not. Lebron got a little tough at first until he realized SJax wasn't backing down from him and if anything would come right back even harder. Lesson learned, Lebron...pick your battles.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 12:36 PM

Agreed 100%.

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Jack is EASILY one of my Top 10 favorite Spurs of All-Time. If I was a pro ball player, I would LOVE to have a guy like him on my team that has my back at all times...

No doubt. Not afraid to take the big shot. Unselfish on offense. Plays very tough D. And most importantly...not afraid of anybody and will go to war for his teammates. What else could you want? Love this guy.

boutons_deux
11-14-2012, 12:49 PM
"that kind of loyalty."

that's not loyalty. it pure stupid, "urban" thuggishness. destroyed an excellent, contending Indiana team

Please_dont_ban_me
11-14-2012, 01:00 PM
"that kind of loyalty."

that's not loyalty. it pure stupid, "urban" thuggishness. destroyed an excellent, contending Indiana team

When you're in the military you're taught you follow your guy into battle. You don't leave any man behind. Is that "urban thuggishness"?

Or is SJax a urban thug because he's black?

I think SJax is a tough motherfucker who is a team player. The first adjective that comes to mind when I think of him is not 'thug'.

BatManu20
11-14-2012, 02:13 PM
SJAX for President tbh.

BatManu20
11-14-2012, 02:15 PM

Here's the link again.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2012, 07:34 PM
"that kind of loyalty."

You understand nothing about loyalty.

SpursRock20
11-14-2012, 09:23 PM
I haven't heard of the trade rumors but that would be extremely disappointing. Every team needs an SJax and I couldn't have worded it better than yourself. He's the guy you want in your corner when shit goes down.

No real trade scenarios but often listed as a potential trade chip in our mock trades on here. But what do we know?

SpursRock20
11-14-2012, 09:25 PM
"that kind of loyalty."

You wouldn't be calling him a thug if he backed your ass up in an altercation. It's well-known that he is an excellent teammate.