PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: LOL MAVS

irishock
11-12-2012, 08:57 PM
:lol Minneapolis, Minnesota

DPG21920
11-12-2012, 09:07 PM
Pekovic just tearing them up. Mavs showing that lack of a defensive presence from their bigs. Great offensively, will struggle defensively, especially when Dirk is back and no Tyson to anchor.

irishock
11-12-2012, 09:08 PM
Pekovic just tearing them up. Mavs showing that lack of a defensive presence from their bigs. Great offensively, will struggle defensively, especially when Dirk is back and no Tyson to anchor.

:lol blowing up team after championship run to be .500

pass1st
11-12-2012, 09:10 PM
T-pups don't look too bad, might sneak in the 8th seed if Love & Rubio get back and play well.

Richie
11-12-2012, 09:15 PM
With Love and Rubio healthy, Minni could be a playoff team

pass1st
11-12-2012, 11:02 PM
OJ Mayo is only a part-time savior

thunderup
11-12-2012, 11:04 PM
:lol blowing up team after championship run to be .500
Yeah I still cannot comprehend Cuban's move there.

DPG21920
11-12-2012, 11:11 PM
Once Pekovic went down, things opened up for the Mavs but they could not get enough going offensively. Mavs might have a looooooong time this season facing bigs with any kind of offensive post game. Their lack of defending (Brand is ok, but not enough, even with Wright who can't play guys like Pekovic) is going to be difficult to overcome at times. Losing Ian, who is one of their better defenders (although foul prone) hurts some (although you'll trade your 3rd/4th big for your starting PG 10000000000 times out of 10000000000000).

stretch
11-12-2012, 11:17 PM

??

Pekovic was playing well, but their defense was not their problem, and has not been their problem this season. It's generally been rebounding and turnovers, and tonight it was their offense simply being incredibly off. They were missing everything imaginable.

If it wasn't for their defense, they wouldn't have been in this game. Minnesota had to hit some ridiculous shots to stay alive late.

stretch
11-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Once Pekovic went down, things opened up for the Mavs but they could not get enough going offensively.

If they had anything remotely going offensively at any point in the game, it wouldn't have mattered what happened to Pekovic.

Regardless, he had a nice game, but I think you are wrong about the Mavs interior defense. It's not flawless, but it's better than you give them credit for being. When Marion and Dirk returns, it will most definitely make a difference having the extra size. That, and not having Troy Murphy on the floor much, if at all.

stretch
11-12-2012, 11:33 PM
I especially don't get why Murphy has been getting so many minutes while Wright isn't getting that much. The team is so much more effective when he is on the floor. Murphy is nice for 5-8 minutes a game, and that's about it.

Venti Quattro
11-12-2012, 11:44 PM
Murphy is nice for 5-8 minutes a game, and that's about it.
He should not be getting any playing time.

BRHornet45
11-12-2012, 11:46 PM
good Lord sons that had to be one of the most vicious beat downs that I have seen in a long time. total dominance.

racm
11-12-2012, 11:57 PM
Really, Dallas? Losing at home to an injury-decimated team?

:lmao

HeatChamps
11-12-2012, 11:59 PM
Fuck yeah. haha. Eat shit mavs fans.

irishock
11-13-2012, 12:30 AM
Fuck yeah. haha. Eat shit mavs fans.

Wtf eastern conference team fan, what'd the mavs ever do to you?

oh, wait....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/2756604-3x2-940x627.jpg

DPG21920
11-13-2012, 12:35 AM
If they had anything remotely going offensively at any point in the game, it wouldn't have mattered what happened to Pekovic.

Regardless, he had a nice game, but I think you are wrong about the Mavs interior defense. It's not flawless, but it's better than you give them credit for being. When Marion and Dirk returns, it will most definitely make a difference having the extra size. That, and not having Troy Murphy on the floor much, if at all.

I agree the offense for the Mavs was a struggle, but the Mavs allowed the Wolves to shoot over 30 free throws and that's because they gave up penetration and could not protect the rim. Not to mention Pekovic was 8-13 and was essentially scoring at will and opened things up. Mavs did shoot terrible, but it's not like Wolves were draining a ton of ridic 3's. They were pounding it inside to Pek and getting to the FT line.

stretch
11-13-2012, 01:45 AM
I agree the offense for the Mavs was a struggle, but the Mavs allowed the Wolves to shoot over 30 free throws and that's because they gave up penetration and could not protect the rim. Not to mention Pekovic was 8-13 and was essentially scoring at will and opened things up. Mavs did shoot terrible, but it's not like Wolves were draining a ton of ridic 3's. They were pounding it inside to Pek and getting to the FT line.

Pekovic is also a damn good center. It's one thing if he sucks ass, and is going off, but he has been good for several seasons now. Not sure how that exactly is some major knock.

The problem defensively had less to do with Kaman, Brand, and Wright, and more to do with injuries and lazy defense by our guards, IMO.

Latarian Milton
11-13-2012, 03:32 AM
mavs will be fine when dirk back. they're gonna go 50% in dirk's absence and will begin a winning rampage in the latter half of the season, clinching a playoff seat and getting eliminated in the 1st or 2nd round

Latarian Milton
11-13-2012, 03:42 AM
Pekovic is also a damn good center. It's one thing if he sucks ass, and is going off, but he has been good for several seasons now. Not sure how that exactly is some major knock.

The problem defensively had less to do with Kaman, Brand, and Wright, and more to do with injuries and lazy defense by our guards, IMO.
its their offense that holds them back when mayo is their #1 scoring option tbh. their D has been fine this season especially their perimeter defense is the best i've since on this team since their championship year, for which the guards should take more credits than bigs imho. they built up an energetic backcourt which's a huge upgrade defensively than last season's which consisted of shitbags

AaronY
11-13-2012, 04:20 AM
I had no idea Troy Murphy was still in the league with the way he played the last few seasons let alone in some team's rotation

Jodelo
11-13-2012, 10:34 AM
Murphy getting playing time reminds me of Pop & Bonner...

Brazil
11-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Murphy getting playing time reminds me of Pop & Bonner...

but but he stretches the floor