View Full Version : Heat: LOL @ 1st Team All Defense LeBron

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Destroyed by R:loldy G:loly.Peep YouTube vid before Nike confiscates it:

0G1GLohQjs8&sns=em

:downspin:

midnightpulp
11-13-2012, 04:37 AM
Doesn't this happen to Kirby in like every game?

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 04:45 AM
Doesn't this happen to Kirby in like every game?
Link? YouTube? Otherwise you're just talking shit per par.

The Heat were shitted on and LeBron was personally schooled/embarrassed in det play. Neal with it son.

midnightpulp
11-13-2012, 05:01 AM

The Heat were shitted on and LeBron was personally schooled/embarrassed in det play. Neal with it son.

Oh yeah, I forgot you can't watch the games over there. If you could, you'd know that Kobe's defense has gotten exponentially worse over the past 3 years and that he's little more than a traffic cone these days for would be penetrators. Luckily, he's always had Pau and Bynum (and now Howard) guarding the rim, so the players who blow by his slow ass don't usually finish with a climatic dunk that makes youtube.

Read (and :spinning):

No. The more damning thing is that every metric I’ve broken down here has Kobe’s defensive impact as utterly average. -0.8, -0.6, 0.1, 0.1, these are not numbers of someone who is consistently a game changer on defense. The other guys given even half the love Kobe’s gotten over the year, pretty consistently do turn up on these metric doing quite well.

I’ll point out also: it’s not that +/- considers Kobe vastly overrated across the board. If I were to post the analogous charts for Kobe on offense, he’d typically look like a superstar. Both Ilardi & Engelmann’s 6 year metrics rank Kobe as a top 3 offensive player in the game.

This statistic isn’t saying Kobe is extremely overrated in all parts of his game, only his defense shows such shockingly weak values.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8595253/nba-kobe-bryant-joakim-noah-overrated-defenders

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot you can't watch the games over there. If you could, you'd know that Kobe's defense has gotten exponentially worse over the past 3 years and that he's little more than a traffic cone these days for would be penetrators. Luckily, he's always had Pau and Bynum (and now Howard) guarding the rim, so the players who blow by his slow ass don't usually finish with a climatic dunk that makes youtube.

Read (and :spinning):

No. The more damning thing is that every metric I’ve broken down here has Kobe’s defensive impact as utterly average. -0.8, -0.6, 0.1, 0.1, these are not numbers of someone who is consistently a game changer on defense. The other guys given even half the love Kobe’s gotten over the year, pretty consistently do turn up on these metric doing quite well.

I’ll point out also: it’s not that +/- considers Kobe vastly overrated across the board. If I were to post the analogous charts for Kobe on offense, he’d typically look like a superstar. Both Ilardi & Engelmann’s 6 year metrics rank Kobe as a top 3 offensive player in the game.

This statistic isn’t saying Kobe is extremely overrated in all parts of his game, only his defense shows such shockingly weak values.

http://asubstituteforwar.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8595253/nba-kobe-bryant-joakim-noah-overrated-defenders

From your same punkass link:

WLqpvFVSmic&sns=em

Now stop deflecting. This is a LeBron thread. GTFO with your Laker hating bullshit.

midnightpulp
11-13-2012, 05:44 AM
From your same punkass link:

WLqpvFVSmic&sns=em

Now stop deflecting. This is a LeBron thread. GTFO with your Laker hating bullshit.

:lmao

Clip is from the comment section, provided by a Kirby fanboy, of course.

Lebron is a head-and-shoulders better defender than your hero ever was. The fact he can play lockdown perimeter defender while never having a more than halfway decent shot blocker behind him (something Kobe has had 14 of his 17 seasons in the league) is pretty amazing. Quit the hate, son. Appreciate.

Hey. Will the hiring of Mike 'Antoni (see what I did there? Left out the D because Pringles's teams aren't known for the defense) make us "All Pay For Our Basketball Reasons?"

racm
11-13-2012, 06:05 AM

Lebron is a head-and-shoulders better defender than your hero ever was. The fact he can play lockdown perimeter defender while never having a more than halfway decent shot blocker behind him (something Kobe has had 14 of his 17 seasons in the league) is pretty amazing. Quit the hate, son. Appreciate.

Hey. Will the hiring of Mike 'Antoni (see what I did there? Left out the D because Pringles's teams aren't known for the defense) make us "All Pay For Our Basketball Reasons?"

Isn't Pringles 0-3 against Pop in the playoffs?

Raven
11-13-2012, 07:47 AM
frankly, he was my choice as DPOY last year.

Ace
11-13-2012, 09:27 AM
That one play pretty much sums up the Lakers perimeter D.

stretch
11-13-2012, 02:23 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMdmauxluBI

wonderful display of awareness by kobe

LakaFan
11-13-2012, 03:45 PM
http://youtu.be/cr45yQDCskg

midnightpulp
11-13-2012, 04:23 PM
http://youtu.be/cr45yQDCskg

rofl

Clipper Nation
11-13-2012, 04:38 PM
:lol at a Kobe stan mocking the NBA All-Defense team, which Kobe only still gets put on due to name alone...

pass1st
11-13-2012, 04:54 PM
All-defensive team means jack shit anyways, how the fuck is the DPOY only the 2nd team? Has that ever happened before?

Wildcat67
11-13-2012, 06:36 PM
One play > the other 10,000 plays.

People are stupid.

Only one player in this league can defend all 5 positions. If you don't think Lebron is a great defender you're a retard.

Koolaid_Man
11-13-2012, 07:39 PM

So who has he guarded? Like every other revisionist you're basing this on the few plays he guarded D-Rose a few yrs back. Fact is Lebron runs from Defensive assignments. Sure he can chase down and block from behind but he's far for a lock-down defender in his prime. Lebron is afraid of the challenge... In fact he defers ALL of the tough assignments to Battier..just watch that nigga...

stretch
11-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Lebron is afraid of the challenge... In fact he defers ALL of the tough assignments to Battier..just watch that nigga...

Kinda like MJ did with Pippen, or Kobe did with Deaven George/Rick Fox/Trevor Ariza/Ron Artest.

stretch
11-13-2012, 07:43 PM
And I think anyone who watched last years finals saw how much trouble he was able to give Durant when he switched onto him in crunch time. Dude couldn't get a clean shot off whether trying to take Lebron straight up, through picks, or off the ball. He was nearly useless when Lebron locked into him.

Johnny RIngo
11-13-2012, 08:15 PM
http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/media/wizards/arenas_320_061217.jpg

Kobe was first team Defense that year too.

Ace
11-13-2012, 08:22 PM
So who has he guarded? Like every other revisionist you're basing this on the few plays he guarded D-Rose a few yrs back. Fact is Lebron runs from Defensive assignments. Sure he can chase down and block from behind but he's far for a lock-down defender in his prime. Lebron is afraid of the challenge... In fact he defers ALL of the tough assignments to Battier..just watch that nigga...
LeBron takes the assignment in crunch time. Watch a game every now and then.

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 08:34 PM
Kinda like MJ did with Pippen, or Kobe did with Deaven George/Rick Fox/Trevor Ariza/Ron Artest.
I'm OK with that. No different from Pop hiding Duncan on our scrub "PF" all game instead of having him guard Shaq and foul out in no more than 14 minutes.

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 08:37 PM
LeBron takes the assignment in crunch time. Watch a game every now and then.

We all know he'll get superstar leeway defensively in the clutch. No ref has balls big enough to call a foul on him. That allows him to be ultra agressive. But the fact remains he is a really good weakside shotblocker. Those swats make SportsCenter because of his name.

To add onto what Kool was alluding to, if LBJ shut D-Rose down the way Kobe shut AI down throughout the game, you'd have a point. To do it during the waning moments of the game when we knew Chicago had no other options isn't really saying much IMO. He's a good defender. You guys need to stop acting like he is great. He's not.

Ace
11-13-2012, 08:42 PM
We all know he'll get superstar leeway defensively in the clutch. No ref has balls big enough to call a foul on him. That allows him to be ultra agressive. But the fact remains he is a really good weakside shotblocker. Those swats make SportsCenter because of his name.

To add onto what Kool was alluding to, if LBJ shut D-Rose down the way Kobe shut AI down throughout the game, you'd have a point. To do it during the waning moments of the game when we knew Chicago had no other options isn't really saying much IMO. He's a good defender. You guys need to stop acting like he is great. He's not.
LeBron is better than Kobe and it kills you inside knowing that. Jealously is leading you to horrible threads like this and I feel bad for you. You're embarrassing yourself..

http://youtu.be/l_5USZLjkE8

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/LeBron+James+Dwight+Howard+Orlando+Magic+v+f8IxSU1 vbo9l.jpg

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 08:46 PM
LeBron is better than Kobe and it kills you inside knowing that. Jealously is leading you to horrible threads like this and I feel bad for you. You're embarrassing yourself..

LeBron is younger than Kobe. Kobe's skillset > LeBron's. That's the difference in my book. There is nothing LeBron can do at age 26 that Kobe can't do at age 33. This is actually kind of sad.

Oh, and I'm embarrassing myself for showing LeBron get posterized? If it were Kobe it would have 2,000 replies. It's cool though. :lol

Ace
11-13-2012, 08:50 PM
LeBron is younger than Kobe. Kobe's skillset > LeBron's. That's the difference in my book. There is nothing LeBron can do at age 26 that Kobe can't do at age 33. This is actually kind of sad.

Oh, and I'm embarrassing myself for showing LeBron get posterized? If it were Kobe it would have 2,000 replies. It's cool though. :lol
Averaging 30/8/7 for starts

LkrFan
11-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Averaging 30/8/7 for starts

23/10/6 (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics) FIFY

Ace
11-13-2012, 09:04 PM
23/10/6 (http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics) FIFY
Still better than Kobe...

midnightpulp
11-13-2012, 09:23 PM

Lebron does everything better than Kobe these days aside from force jump shots and turn the ball over. Only skills Kirby has over Lebron is post footwork and a more reliable midrange jumper. James is a better ball handler, passer, penetrator, defender, rebounder, and, yes, even a better a scorer.

Damn right you're embarrassing yourself. You thought you had a cute troll thread set up and wound up getting shit on.

midnightpulp
11-13-2012, 09:36 PM

When has Kobe ever shutdown A.I. over a game or playoff series?

http://oi50.tinypic.com/2e5ml8k.jpg

I'll await for you to cite A.I.'s shooting percentage as "evidence" to support your claim, but any basketball fan knows 41% shooting for A.I. is like 55% shooting for a comparable player. To sum it up, Kobe's ass got torched by the Answer.

Clipper Nation
11-13-2012, 09:49 PM
We all know he'll get superstar leeway defensively in the clutch. No ref has balls big enough to call a foul on him. That allows him to be ultra agressive.
http://northeastcollegehoops.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/kobe-bryant-game-6-2002.jpg

daspurs
11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Kobe cant even shut down danny green from splashing in his face :lol

ffadicted
11-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Fuck that's a nice play by rudy

DPG21920
11-14-2012, 01:01 AM
:lol Perfect timing. Spurs picked on Kobe lol

pass1st
11-14-2012, 01:09 AM
kobe got picked, not much he could do.

LkrFan
11-14-2012, 01:09 AM
:lol Perfect timing. Spurs picked on Kobe lol

Missed the game, but my boxscore senses told me he held Manu and Green to 5/20 FGAs. :lol

daspurs
11-14-2012, 01:19 AM
Missed the game, but my boxscore senses told me he held Manu and Green to 5/20 FGAs. :lol

:lol Yet you still lost

scanry
11-14-2012, 01:58 AM

You're pushing it. Kobe had a great Offensive game, but he was stinking on Defense. It was OKC-SA all over again.

Ace
11-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Kobe's defense :lmao

http://youtu.be/NRzgjfqWIOI

midnightpulp
11-14-2012, 09:04 AM
Lol. This thread couldn't have blown up any more violently in Lkrfan's face. He shit-bombed himself himself pretty fuckin' good.

Seventyniner
11-14-2012, 09:17 AM
kobe got picked, not much he could do.

Actually, Kobe ran right into Dwight Howard. Unless that counts as a pick.

Clipper Nation
11-14-2012, 09:57 AM

And lost :lol

stretch
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
LeBron is younger than Kobe. Kobe's skillset > LeBron's. That's the difference in my book.

Oh, so since Dirk's skillset >>>>>>>> Shaq's skillset, that means you would build your team around a prime Dirk as opposed to a prime Shaq?

lol can't accept prime Lebron > prime Kobe in basically every way except at hitting tough jumpshots (which are a result of Kobe's desire to take 10+ bad jumpers every game)

pass1st
11-14-2012, 07:51 PM
Lebron is better than Kobe, prime for prime, but Kobe did have better shot creation and footwork since that's really all he ever worked on post-shaq and pre-gasol which is why he's able to remain relatively effective despite a considerable decline in his athleticism. Kobe specialized in a few aspects of the game, Lebron has his hand in every aspect of the game almost. Can't argue who is the better overall player, only argument lies in comparing the things Kobe specialized in to how Lebron does in the same regards. They aren't really comparable players anyways, Lebron is like Magic, Kobe is like Jordan (in styles of play, not ability).

LkrFan
11-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Oh, so since Dirk's skillset >>>>>>>> Shaq's skillset, that means you would build your team around a prime Dirk as opposed to a prime Shaq?

lol can't accept prime Lebron > prime Kobe in basically every way except at hitting tough jumpshots (which are a result of Kobe's desire to take 10+ bad jumpers every game)
Only a Mav fan would ever compare Dirk to Shaq. Good job son.

Ace
11-14-2012, 08:24 PM
Only a Mav fan would ever compare Dirk to Shaq. Good job son.
He's using your logic. Now you see how stupid you sound?

scanry
11-14-2012, 11:14 PM
As Ace said, it's not a fair comparison. I don't think Kobe has ever been on the level Lebron is at the moment. He's doing it all with so much ease. I know the whole forum likes to debate on who the best player has been since Jordan (-> Shaq, Duncan or Kobe), but i think that is now settled.

The funny thing is even Laker fans after seeing Mike Brown, are now realizing how great Lebron was back in his Cleveland days. You don't win 66 games with a coach like Mike Brown on your sidelines.

stretch
11-15-2012, 01:07 AM
Lebron is better than Kobe, prime for prime, but Kobe did have better shot creation and footwork since that's really all he ever worked on post-shaq and pre-gasol which is why he's able to remain relatively effective despite a considerable decline in his athleticism. Kobe specialized in a few aspects of the game, Lebron has his hand in every aspect of the game almost. Can't argue who is the better overall player, only argument lies in comparing the things Kobe specialized in to how Lebron does in the same regards. They aren't really comparable players anyways, Lebron is like Magic, Kobe is like Jordan (in styles of play, not ability).

This pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Kobe is a more skilled scorer, while Lebron is a superior all-around player.

SpurSwag
11-15-2012, 01:21 AM
As Ace said, it's not a fair comparison. I don't think Kobe has ever been on the level Lebron is at the moment. He's doing it all with so much ease. I know the whole forum likes to debate on who the best player has been since Jordan (-> Shaq, Duncan or Kobe), but i think that is now settled.

The funny thing is even Laker fans after seeing Mike Brown, are now realizing how great Lebron was back in his Cleveland days. You don't win 66 games with a coach like Mike Brown on your sidelines.

really good take actually, too bad a lot of laker fans wouldn't ever think of it that way. Lebrons accomplishments in cleveland (with Mo fuckin Williams being the 2nd best player he ever had) is nothing short of incredible