PDA

View Full Version : If you want a really marketable player.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 10:58 PM
You have to have a player that wins the slam dunk contest.

Wait, not just win it, make it memorable.

Jordan with the Bulls, Vince with the Raptors, Richardson with the Warriors, and recently Josh Smith with the Hawks.

It's that simple.

Das Texan
06-27-2005, 11:00 PM
except that the slam dunk contest is largely a joke now.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 11:03 PM
except that the slam dunk contest is largely a joke now.

I think the NBA is making it into a joke.

They're selecting shitting dunkers to perform in the contest.

They should have a pre-slam dunk contest to narrow down the group. Get the best. And that doesn't mean the big names that already have done it (Vince, Richardson, etc) I'm sure there's five or six more of them in the league already, they just don't get the opt. to shine.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Josh Smith had his fifteen minutes.

I wouldn't call him "marketable."

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Josh Smith had his fifteen minutes.

I wouldn't call him "marketable."

True but if he were on a better team, I think he'd be more marketable.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 11:13 PM
You have to have some semblance of an offensive game to be marketable.

Stevie Wonder shoots a higher FG% than JSmooth.

timvp
06-27-2005, 11:16 PM
You have to have some semblance of an offensive game to be marketable.

Stevie Wonder shoots a higher FG% than JSmooth.

Stevie Wonder must be one hell of a shooter considering that Josh Smith was shooting around 50% at the All-Star break.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2005, 11:21 PM
And after the break it went to hell. I don't know what he finished. I do know I had him on one of my fantasy teams for a while, and the guy started throwing up 3 for 15 nights left and right.

Kori Ellis
06-27-2005, 11:22 PM
And after the break it went to hell. I don't know what he finished. I do know I had him on one of my fantasy teams for a while, and the guy started throwing up 3 for 15 nights left and right.

He shot 46% for the season. And if you can get nearly 2 blocks a game from a swingman, then he's got some talent. His skills definitely need honed, but he's got talent.

slayermin
06-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Your probaby right but I will always remember Jordan for his 63 point performance in the Boston Garden. That was like the first playoff game that I watched Jordan play.

xcoriate
06-27-2005, 11:47 PM
We could draft one this year, Nate Robinson.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-27-2005, 11:51 PM
Mickael Gelabale

AI-square
06-27-2005, 11:58 PM
I think the NBA is making it into a joke.

They're selecting shitting dunkers to perform in the contest.

They should have a pre-slam dunk contest to narrow down the group. Get the best. And that doesn't mean the big names that already have done it (Vince, Richardson, etc) I'm sure there's five or six more of them in the league already, they just don't get the opt. to shine.

Andre Iguodala

jalbre6
06-27-2005, 11:59 PM
I think I brought this up here before at the AS break last season, but I think the best way to make the slam dunk contest the event it used to be would be to give $1M dollars to the winner. It's not like the NBA, or ABC, or whoever couldn't come up with the money. Put a panel of former champions together to choose the contestants and restore the contest to its former glory.

BadlyDrawnBoy
06-28-2005, 12:03 AM
Why not make the prize for the Dunk contest be a spot on the All-Star team?