PDA

View Full Version : Video: Grown ass men (Bronies) invade little girls section of Toys R Us

IronMaxipad
11-13-2012, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u62iXLTrWs

http://i.minus.com/ibcpoEEopXBxWs.gif

CubanSucks
11-13-2012, 01:52 PM
you seent it on /b/?

CubanSucks
11-13-2012, 01:53 PM
my favorite is mr fedora in the back

Fpoonsie
11-13-2012, 01:54 PM
Tha fuck? I don't understand. What is this? Is this a thing?

CubanSucks
11-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Tha fuck? I don't understand. What is this? Is this a thing?

Are you seriously asking? Yes, unfortunately it is. Bronies are 100% serious and completely unashamed. There's even conventions for them, just like their own comic-con. And even worse, they plague every single message/image board site, and not to intentionally troll others but rather because they really are serious about it

Fpoonsie
11-13-2012, 02:11 PM
I've honestly never heard of this.

Wow.

Spurminator
11-13-2012, 02:15 PM
I learned about this the hard way. I redeemed an offer for a free My Little Pony T-shirt through the mail, and made the mistake of wearing it in public as a joke.

After about the fifth time I heard someone say "bronie" (and I never could tell if it was a complement of if I was being mocked), I looked it up and was horrified.

I just thought it was a funny shirt, I didn't want to be associated with some weird little-girl's-toy-obsessed subculture.

Drachen
11-13-2012, 02:17 PM
I've honestly never heard of this.

Wow.

I've known about this. My 22 year old cousin is into this. I had to hide him on FB because it's ALL he writes about all day. Shit like "My Little Pony, Friendship is Magic really teaches us how we can resolve (problem X)"

My five year old, very girly girl daughter told me about 3 months ago "Daddy, I don't really like MLP anymore, I would rather watch transformers rescue bots"

Creepn
11-13-2012, 02:34 PM
Brony A: "Dude, just finished watching the first season from MLP:FiM!"
Brony B: "Cool! So who do you think is the best pony?"
Brony A mentions the pony they think is best.
Brony B Agrees and exclaims: "Brohoof!"
The bronies brohoof, similar to a high five.

:lmao Brohoof??? W..t..f? Wow.

RGMCSE
11-13-2012, 02:45 PM
Look at the bronies reaction video. It's horrifying. These pedo's in training are fucking serious. For some reason these guys remind me of so many other styles and genre's. Hipster's, Emo's, Punk's, skinny jeans, PBR and lone star drinkers, and so on.

JudynTX
11-13-2012, 03:45 PM
I learned about this the hard way. I redeemed an offer for a free My Little Pony T-shirt through the mail, and made the mistake of wearing it in public as a joke.

After about the fifth time I heard someone say "bronie" (and I never could tell if it was a complement of if I was being mocked), I looked it up and was horrified.

I just thought it was a funny shirt, I didn't want to be associated with some weird little-girl's-toy-obsessed subculture.

It's too late. :lmao

Who wants to bet me that all these men are single?

Drachen
11-13-2012, 03:49 PM
It's too late. :lmao

Who wants to bet me that all these men are single?

There is a sub-culture of girls who are into guys like this. Kinda like the whole anime, cosplay types. (in case you don't know what cosplay is, back in my day we used to call it dressing up like a cartoon character, but apparently that was too long for this generation who worships brevity above all).

JudynTX
11-13-2012, 03:50 PM
There is a sub-culture of girls who are into guys like this. Kinda like the whole anime, cosplay types. (in case you don't know what cosplay is, back in my day we used to call it dressing up like a cartoon character, but apparently that was too long for this generation who worships brevity above all).

I am completely in shock.

Drachen
11-13-2012, 03:58 PM
I am completely in shock.

Yep, my cousin had a girlfriend for 2 years hen he lived in MA, and he moved down here about a year and a half ago and has had a girlfriend since. Sooo...

desflood
11-13-2012, 05:32 PM
I am all for letting people live their lives however they like (so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else), but this whole bronie (brony?) thing freaks me out a bit.

Trainwreck2100
11-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I mean it's a decent show maybe but the ossession is weird, i still watch cartoons myself sometimes Avenger EMH was a kickass show till it got cancelled