PDA

View Full Version : Calling in sick

JudynTX
11-13-2012, 02:24 PM
We all do it. What's the worst excuse you have ever given? :lol (This is not a serious thread)

Magua
11-13-2012, 02:32 PM
I never call in sick. Calling in sick implies weakness.

JudynTX
11-13-2012, 02:36 PM
Never, ever have called in sick? Even when sick?

tlongII
11-13-2012, 02:49 PM
I usually say I'm sick.

mrsmaalox
11-13-2012, 02:53 PM
Heck, I've been too sick to go to work for at least the last 10 years :downspin:

bus driver
11-13-2012, 02:54 PM
it doesnt matter for me, i can say whatever then they just say work from home than.

lebomb
11-13-2012, 02:54 PM
Shiiiiiiiit. I call in sick at least 3-4 times a week. I use a different excuse every time. Like .... "my tongue is stuck up my girlfriends ass, I cant make it in today"

Magua
11-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Shiiiiiiiit. I call in sick at least 3-4 times a week. I use a different excuse every time. Like .... "my tongue is stuck up my girlfriends ass, I cant make it in today"

You don't need excuses when you're living off government cheese, amirite?

Magua
11-13-2012, 03:04 PM
Never, ever have called in sick? Even when sick?

Never. Don't let your employers think you're weak. If you own your own business, don't let your subordinates think you're weak.

Wild Cobra
11-13-2012, 04:07 PM
We all do it. What's the worst excuse you have ever given? :lol (This is not a serious thread)
Only if actually sick. Last time was December 2001 for me.

Excuses are for losers.

lebomb
11-13-2012, 04:10 PM
Only if actually sick. Last time was December 2001 for me.

Excuses are for losers.

You have never called in sick to do something important that you cant do on the weekend? Never? Ever???

Wild Cobra
11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
You have never called in sick to do something important that you cant do on the weekend? Never? Ever???
No.

I ask for time off.

Wild Cobra
11-13-2012, 04:44 PM
I've "called in well" before. Told my boss it was a nice day and didn't want to come to work. He laughed and said "have a nice day."

johnsmith
11-13-2012, 04:46 PM
I like to build up to my "fake sick" day. I start acting sort of down on Tuesday. Really start selling it on Wednesday, and bam, I'm on to my four day weekend.

Hypochondriac
11-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I've used all the excuses in the book.

Ginger Vitas
11-13-2012, 05:33 PM
I usually go with a terrible toothache. Works everytime.

silverblk mystix
11-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I look ahead at my schedule and if there is a day or two that seem to be a bad day to work - I write myself in as sick.

Haven't done it in 2011 or 2012 though...I think I feel a little *cough *cough under the weather for next week though.

Sal Monella
11-13-2012, 06:11 PM
I seem to get food poisoning from time to time.

ashbeeigh
11-13-2012, 06:23 PM
I ran a half marathon this weekend, I can't get out of bed.

TheRunningMan
11-13-2012, 06:24 PM
I ran a half marathon this weekend, I can't get out of bed.

Suck it up for the boys and girls club!!

Koolaid_Man
11-13-2012, 08:13 PM

I always tell my dad to just send me another check...but when I did work I just told em I'm not coming in today...I never gave an excuse...that's my personal business...

Cochina
11-14-2012, 01:05 PM
Work? What's that?

lebomb
11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Work? What's that?

You welfare, food stamps, freeloading, Obama care, Mitt 47% mufawka! Git off dat azz and go to work!!!!

.......... I think I'll call in sick tomorrow.

reason
11-14-2012, 02:12 PM
I usually use the "my kid is sick" excuse.

SA210
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't get sick. And I work for myself

z0sa
11-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I mail in sick.

lebomb
11-14-2012, 02:28 PM
I also say "Stretch and Blake are both sick bastards" and I don't go into work.

JudynTX
11-14-2012, 02:32 PM
I wish Avante would call in sick from Spurstalk. :D :D :D

baseline bum
11-14-2012, 03:55 PM
Worst one was maybe when I said I ate a bad burrito that gave me the liquor shits so that I could go hang at the beach.

lebomb
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
the liquor shits

:dizzy ............... :vomit:

Now I gotta call in sick tomorrow

Chris
11-14-2012, 04:15 PM
I used the funeral excuse ONCE when I was 17

Cochina
11-14-2012, 06:09 PM
You welfare, food stamps, freeloading, Obama care, Mitt 47% mufawka! Git off dat azz and go to work!!!!

.......... I think I'll call in sick tomorrow.

You can borrow my free Iphone 5 to call 'em!!!:lmao

symple19
11-14-2012, 08:06 PM
:lol

I do it rarely, but when I do I just use the "appointment at the VA" excuse. Nobody ever questions that shit

DMC
11-14-2012, 09:42 PM
If you weren't working for a HS graduate, you wouldn't have to explain why you're not coming in. Your boss isn't your doctor (most often) so it's not their business what your reasons are. You're either there or you aren't. Letting them know is often mandatory, but you never have to tell them why. That's your business.

I haven't called in sick in 20 years. I don't get sick. I've never had a cold or even ran a fever. Also, I like what I do and I get plenty personal time off. I don't punch a clock and don't keep track of my hours. Sometimes I might not do anything for two or three days, but sometimes, like this week, I might be in another state for 3 or 4 days.

Calling in sick is for part timers, and you guys who work up to it, everyone knows your're doing it. You'll be let go first when the layoff comes.

DMC
11-14-2012, 09:47 PM
I always tell my dad to just send me another check...but when I did work I just told em I'm not coming in today...I never gave an excuse...that's my personal business...

Poser mistake: People who live off their parents don't ask for checks. They get deposits and if they need more money, it gets direct transferred. No one writes checks anymore. Get with the troll or drop it, ES.

ploto
11-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Don't you ever need to use your sick time for appointments, check ups, teeth cleaning... I guess maybe you have no responsibility for taking kids to the doctor or dentist either? At my current job, I have only called in sick once and I had the worst food poisoning of my life -- it was spewing out both ends!

I think some places have gotten smart and just call it all personal time. You can do with it what you want and people do not have to pretend to be sick.

ploto
11-14-2012, 11:17 PM
I usually use the "my kid is sick" excuse.

Are you sure you do not work in my department? We have a couple of those.

DMC
11-15-2012, 12:04 AM
Don't you ever need to use your sick time for appointments, check ups, teeth cleaning... I guess maybe you have no responsibility for taking kids to the doctor or dentist either? At my current job, I have only called in sick once and I had the worst food poisoning of my life -- it was spewing out both ends!

I think some places have gotten smart and just call it all personal time. You can do with it what you want and people do not have to pretend to be sick.

I don't have sick time. Personal Time Off (PTO) encompasses all time off. What time you use for illness comes from your vacation time.

I schedule appointments and attend them without taking time off. If I woke up one morning sick as shit, I would have to call someone and let them know, but there wouldn't be anyone covering for me in most cases. I am lucky in that I have a very strong immune system. I am also lucky that I can work from my home if the need arises for many things that I need to do.

My kid is grown. I now have a grandson. I am an old old wrinkled, grey old man, like a gnome almost, just a shriveled up remnant of my former self.

Koolaid_Man
11-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Poser mistake: People who live off their parents don't ask for checks. They get deposits and if they need more money, it gets direct transferred. No one writes checks anymore. Get with the troll or drop it, ES.

;-) The year was 1996...I remember it like it was yesterday...the best year of my life...chilling with my cousins in NYC, catching the Subway's from Jamaica Queens, to Brooklyn, and then to the Bronx....being seduced by the white snow bunnies in Manhattan... party after party, banging Ho's left and right...singing Jodeci all day.... some of the good died young (i.e 2 Pac), MJ winding down his powers and Kobe entering his....

In particular this one chic named Michelle she was about 4 yrs older than me...worked at one of the twin towers back then as an account if I remember correctly...The first time we were about to fuck she looked at my dick and said: "It looks like a horse"...A young Kool told her: "Ride It Then"...

Based on that last sentence can you figure out the moral of the story...

tee hee...

Koolaid_Man
11-15-2012, 06:36 AM
ohhh and back in those days the best basketball player I ever played against one on one was God Shamgod...nigga was cold

DMC
11-15-2012, 08:16 PM
;-) The year was 1996...I remember it like it was yesterday...the best year of my life...chilling with my cousins in NYC, catching the Subway's from Jamaica Queens, to Brooklyn, and then to the Bronx....being seduced by the white snow bunnies in Manhattan... party after party, banging Ho's left and right...singing Jodeci all day.... some of the good died young (i.e 2 Pac), MJ winding down his powers and Kobe entering his....

In particular this one chic named Michelle she was about 4 yrs older than me...worked at one of the twin towers back then as an account if I remember correctly...The first time we were about to fuck she looked at my dick and said: "It looks like a horse"...A young Kool told her: "Ride It Then"...

Based on that last sentence can you figure out the moral of the story...

tee hee...

Hi, I'm Jeff. I used to work in New York but last year I got a gig in Houston. I heard about this forum and sometimes I post here during the day between meetings with my employees.

I love my Honda Civic.

For fun, my family and I go visit my brother who's got an awesome place down in South Beach. -ES