PDA

View Full Version : ot: caroll(bobcats) traded for hakim warrick(hornets)

Poolboy5623
11-13-2012, 11:51 PM
I just saw this on nbatv..watching the game..why can't the spurs make a move like that??! Warrick wouldn't have been a terrible fit..surely we could have given as much, if not a little more..btw Chris Webber is my least favorite member of any of the nba shows(minus Steven a)...he thinks he's really something. Him and Greg Anthony tonight...gag..

swaggerjackson
11-14-2012, 12:56 AM
4 million a year for warrick? Maybe Bonner for him, maybe. But I don't think he is anything special.

lefty
11-14-2012, 01:13 AM
Another shitty thread

Poolboy5623
11-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Another shitty thread

Another shitty post. The point was, why does it seem so difficult for the spurs to make a similar type move? They don't need "anything special", they just need some adequate help inside...there's plenty of able bodies out there but yet their stuck with a 6'5" pf and Bonner...I think a Warrick type player could really do damage on this team.

lefty
11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Another shitty post. The point was, why does it seem so difficult for the spurs to make a similar type move? They don't need "anything special", they just need some adequate help inside...there's plenty of able bodies out there but yet their stuck with a 6'5" pf and Bonner...I think a Warrick type player could really do damage on this team.

hey

This is the Spurs we are talking about

Did you expect RC to pull the trigger on such a simple trade ?

RC and Pop love unathletic white dudes

Poolboy5623
11-14-2012, 10:41 PM
They must be getting the hint though? Last night, starting splitter vs Lakers lineup and Bonner didn't even see the floor...it seems their confidence in both he and Blair is at an all time low..I've said no one wants either but if someone wants Matt Carroll I'm now open for all realistic ideas..

Seventyniner
11-14-2012, 10:45 PM

Maybe, just maybe, Warrick is worse than both Bonner and Blair. Sure, I'll get flamed for that, but I believe it. Change for the sake of change is not always a good thing. Also, Pop loves consistency and "corporate knowledge," so neither Bonner nor Blair will be traded for another big unless it is a noticeable upgrade.

lefty
11-14-2012, 10:46 PM
They must be getting the hint though? Last night, starting splitter vs Lakers lineup and Bonner didn't even see the floor...it seems their confidence in both he and Blair is at an all time low..I've said no one wants either but if someone wants Matt Carroll I'm now open for all realistic ideas..

Glad to see that Bonner wasnt on the floor yesterday :D

Poolboy5623
11-14-2012, 10:51 PM
I think a guy with warricks athleticism would be ideal...just hang around the basket and get rebounds/ loose balls...ya know somebody that can actually get up and dunk the ball. A guy like that, whos just avg on garbage teams can be a lot more useful in a less demanding setting. Not so hard when you play alongside Timmy. Ask fab or nazr...I wish pop would just put splitter out there and let him play...seems like he's being held back.

Poolboy5623
11-14-2012, 10:54 PM
Glad to see that Bonner wasnt on the floor yesterday :D

He hasn't been playing at all really the last few...is it flue related or...? Do you think these guys are sick or is it pops way of resting players w/o getting fined by the league? Going to be odd when the same guys are sick every couple of weeks?

swaggerjackson
11-14-2012, 11:22 PM
Since this is not worth of starting a new thread (and this thread is not worth of a thread) I am going to post what I have to say here: The Bobcats have a better record than the Lakers

PÒÓCH
11-15-2012, 12:16 AM
Why are we so obsessed with trades? Short of landing a markee player I think we have a pretty good roster and our record seems to concur with what I say. We're not OKC, we don't need to jump the gun.

spurs1990
11-15-2012, 12:22 AM

I think what he really means is what is the reason for this post when your team is sitting with at 7-1.

I mean this is the Spurs best start in damn near....2 full seasons. We're so close to topping that 13-1 start in 2010, I can feel it.

Bruno
11-15-2012, 09:18 AM
Warrick isn't the answer. Spurs need someone better.

Even if there were this swap of end of the bench players between Bobcats and Hornets, teams rarely do trades at that time of the year. The best period to see something happening before the trade deadline week is just after December 15th when players signed this summer can be traded.

ace3g
11-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine (https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine) Word is Hornets & Matt Carroll working on buyout after CHA dealt Carroll for Hakim Warrick. Possible free-agent shooter for Lakers' radar?

Obstructed_View
11-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Doesn't Warrick suck? And why would the Spurs want yet another undersized power forward?

Poolboy5623
11-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Wow..the spurs aren't getting Warrick! He was just traded for crying out loud. The pt of the tread, was to ask why the spurs can't pull of a trade for a similar type player? The fact they haven't been able to move a few stale pieces on the roster puzzles me after seeing deals like this..I know the spurs are 7-1 and it's nice...but I'm sick of watching this team win regular season champs the last 5+ years while the window is shutting right In their face. By the looks of things, their on the way to more of the same this year.

swaggerjackson
11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
THERE ARE NO MOVES TO MAKE THAT WOULD HAVE THE TYPE OF IMPACT YOU WANT. done

Poolboy5623
11-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Well..ok since you said so. Honestly I thought the same..we all thought so and then they pulled off trading away Jefferson for jack..there has to be something out there..

timvp
11-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Warrick is terrible. It's easy to trade for terrible players.

P.S.

Please oh please oh please Lakers sign Carroll. He's been absolute garbage for a half decade.

angelbelow
11-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Speaking of Greg Anthony, I saw his "What does team X need to do to win" segment last week during the pregame show of the Thunder vs. Hawks.

His analysis was literally:
In order for the Thunder to win: 1. Durant has to be the best player. 2. Westbrook has to be the 2nd best player.

Poolboy5623
11-15-2012, 10:51 PM
Greg Anthony is the worst out of a pretty bad group of "analysts"..he's downright terrible.

BG_Spurs_Fan
11-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Greg Anthony is the worst out of a pretty bad group of "analysts"..he's downright terrible.

So you disagree with what he said or you just wanted to boast how much more you know about basketball than Greg Anthony?

TheCultOfPersonality
11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Warrick does one thing which is score, and even in that department he's a complete black hole. He sucks on the boards and is a horrible defender. Despite is athletic ability doesn't block or alter shots nor does he get steals. So if you need a black hole scorer who does nothing else than Warrick is your guy.

Poolboy5623
11-17-2012, 12:45 AM
So you disagree with what he said or you just wanted to boast how much more you know about basketball than Greg Anthony?

Really? Where am I boasting about anything related to me? The statement has nothing to do with me. I was agreeing that not only is he bad, but he's the worst in the biz imo. I'm not even basing that on his basketball knowledge...just him as a person and how he presents himself. He sucks.