PDA

View Full Version : Splitting the Backup Point Guard Minutes Between Neal And Patty?

Boomersgold
11-14-2012, 01:15 AM
Against the Lakers, Pop played both Neal and Patty at the backup point guard position. Neal played 8 minutes and Patty played 6 minutes. Should he continue to do this for the rest of the season, or should Pop make up his mind, and play one player at that position for the remainder of the season?

What do you guys think?

Obstructed_View
11-14-2012, 01:18 AM
Only if that one player is De Colo.

Mouth is Bleeding
11-14-2012, 02:53 AM
I just can't decide between Neal and Mills.

+ I like De Colo.

Stabula
11-14-2012, 02:55 AM
Pop was clearly feeling them out to see if either of them could provide that offensive spark the Spurs direly needed the whole game. Patty had an insane game against the Kings and Neal had his against the Blazers. They're both streaky and Pop was testing to see which fire he could light tonight. Neal was shitting himself his entire 8 minutes while Patty at least provided a silky smooth jumper and some energy in his 6.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2012, 03:12 AM
If one of them is on a scoring streak, there's no reason not to play them. If you want the offense run, neither of them is particularly trustworthy, and De Colo has already established himself as a far better passer than both.

TDMVPDPOY
11-14-2012, 03:21 AM
Mills is way better then neal if his given the opportunity to chuck

mills self creates for himself and running around the court looking for his shot is better than neal runnin up with the ball and pulling a jumper, forcing the issue...

DanAu
11-14-2012, 07:12 AM
Seems to me Mills is specifically going to be used like he was tonight. When the game got stagnant, he gets injected, he gives full court pressure, takes away a good 5-7 seconds of the shot clock if nothing else and then just runs and runs hard. He gives the team energy and forces the opponents to expend energy and change their game. He makes it so at the end of the third, when the teams are flat, the Spurs have the energy, they go into the 4th with that energy and then bring in a fresh Parker to maintain it for the rest of the 4th.
If the team is up and running and playing well, I think they go to Neal, or, if they need some fast points, Neal. But if its pretty stagnant and a spark is needed, then thats Patty.
Seems at this point, De Colo will be used even more as a speciality situationist, what that role will be likely depends on injury, situation and opponent.

mrjap2x
11-14-2012, 09:19 AM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/231047_532618313432286_629898487_n.jpg

Unless neal is out of the list, I see him getting playing time.

Stabula
11-14-2012, 11:24 AM
Eh with only 8 games in that percentage is largely attributed to his semi-fluke outing against the Blazers. Expect numbers like that from Neal once every World War.

silverblk mystix
11-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Any moron can see that Neal should go back to his true position and play alongside Mills who can be the best back up point guard the spurs have ever had.

Except the fuckin moron coaching the spurs.