PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker on Jim Rome

Creation88
11-14-2012, 12:15 PM
Tony will be on Jim Rome "at the bottom of hr #1" which is in the next 45 mins or so.

Creation88
11-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Tony commented that Pop knew Kobe likes to slack off on perimeter D so that's why they drew the play for Danny Green.

ace3g
11-14-2012, 10:15 PM
http://www.jimrome.com/junglehighlights?uri=channels/465575/1703998

Poolboy5623
11-14-2012, 10:35 PM
Kobe was slacking off all night on d. So much so that I noticed, more than a few times. Green even passed up a few attempts because it was too early in the shot clock...he should have shot though imo...when your open(as a shooter), you shoot. The spurs played a pretty lousy game and still won.....Lakers are in trouble.

PÒÓCH
11-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Interesting how he mentioned that Kobe "likes to cheat on the paint", and thus allowed for Green to be open for that three at the end.

Technique
11-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah he basically called Kobe out, another quote "Pop ran a play for Danny, and I think that was a great call, because Kobe always has a tendency to stay in the paint and think it's a play for me or for Timmy," Parker said. "Then we finished it off with a great play defensively. Kawhi did a great job denying Kobe"

One thing I've noticed over the years is that no matter what the outcome of the game is, if Kobe gets outplayed nobody calls him out and players in fact still manage to compliment him, not Parker. Gotta love his honesty.

Also, Jim Rome is getting his own show on Showtime, will be interesting to see how raw this guy really is or if it was a facade on cable TV.

spurraider21
11-15-2012, 01:05 AM
We don't have the athletes to be crashing the lanes consistently and we don't have the bigs (outside Timmy) to just be pounding the paint. On the flipside, we run great offense and have knockdown outside shooters. How about we play to our strengths?

SpursRock20
11-15-2012, 01:16 AM
We don't have the athletes to be crashing the lanes consistently and we don't have the bigs (outside Timmy) to just be pounding the paint. On the flipside, we run great offense and have knockdown outside shooters. How about we play to our strengths?

We're 7-1

capek
11-15-2012, 02:00 AM
We're 7-1

:toast

Now off to listen to the interview. Always nice to hear people talk about Kobe without having their tongue up his ass.

spurraider21
11-15-2012, 12:59 PM
We're 7-1
Yeah I think I commented on the wrong thread lol. It was a response to a "live by the 3 die by the 3" comment as somebody complained we rely too heavily on outside shooting. I was just sayin it's the style that best complements tthe strengths of our players. And yes the 7-1 start is awesome considering manu's slow start