PDA

View Full Version : Manu ginobili sucks out there he has played like a D leaguer.

greekgods12
11-14-2012, 12:41 PM
One thing that makes pop the best coach in the league he does not care how good you are if you suck youvdont play and get benched. Ginobili you can make an argument has been the worst player in the whole nba to start the year. 15-43 to start the year. Thats 34% from the field flat out garbage. He is averaging 5ppg he has been useless and the worst 14.2 million player in league thus far. I hope he could get it together but he has not looked good. He is like 15% from three. Manu has to start practicing again and taking shot and get into a good rythum before the games. The worst thing with his misses has been they have been wide open. Shots that any real pro player could make. If this is manus last year i hope he ends it better than this

benstanfield
11-14-2012, 02:14 PM
One thing that makes pop the best coach in the league he does not care how good you are if you suck youvdont play and get benched

Bonner, Blair, Mason jr, Finley

Chris
11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Ginobili will take over several 4th quarters this year and you will wish you didn't start this thread

Juggity
11-14-2012, 02:18 PM
One thing that makes pop the best coach in the league he does not care how good you are if you suck youvdont play and get benched. Ginobili you can make an argument has been the worst player in the whole nba to start the year. 15-43 to start the year. Thats 34% from the field flat out garbage. He is averaging 5ppg he has been useless and the worst 14.2 million player in league thus far. I hope he could get it together but he has not looked good. He is like 15% from three. Manu has to start practicing again and taking shot and get into a good rythum before the games. The worst thing with his misses has been they have been wide open. Shots that any real pro player could make. If this is manus last year i hope he ends it better than this

He's injured scro. Sure he's playing like dogshit, but once his health gets to a point of stability he should be the decent bench player he's always been.

He's nowhere near the "worst player in the whole NBA." That's a vast hyperbole.

SA210
11-14-2012, 02:24 PM
I'm thinking he needs some rest. I'd hate to say it, but maybe he should go on the injured list for a month. Keep him conditioning and all, but give him some rest. Playing in the summer may have something to do with it maybe?

I still think that when he's at his best that he is the best player and MVP of this team. He will be back, and he will be the Manu we all know. :tu

jestersmash
11-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Manu Ginobili's PER since 2004-2005 -

04-05: 22.3
05-06: 22.4
06-07: 24.1
07-08: 24.3
08-09: 22.9
09-10: 22.5
10-11: 21.7
11-12: 24.1
12-13: 9.9

(Rough) PER Reference guide:

A Year For the Ages: 35.0
Runaway MVP Candidate: 30.0
Strong MVP Candidate: 27.5
Weak MVP Candidate: 25.0
Bona fide All-Star: 22.5
Borderline All-Star: 20.0
Solid 2nd option: 18.0
3rd Banana: 16.5
Pretty good player: 15.0
In the rotation: 13.0
Scrounging for minutes: 11.0
Definitely renting: 9.0
The Next Stop: DLeague 5.0

spurspokesman
11-14-2012, 02:40 PM
If pop was good at benching horrible players we wouldnt see as many turd tower threads.

temujin
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
This greekgods smell like KBP.

ElNono
11-14-2012, 03:11 PM
If possible, Manu should be offered an extension right now, tbh... wouldn't want him running P&Rs for the Lakeshow, IMO

timvp
11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm not worried yet. Ginobili looked really good in the Olympics. He also looked really good in the preseason before his injuries began. It's pretty damn obvious that his struggles are injury related. He has always been a timing and rhythm player so it's not only the physical pain he has to recover from but it also takes him time to put everything all back together. In the next few weeks or so, I expect him to at least get back to being 80% of what he was last season. Within a few months, I don't see any reason (as long as his back heals) why he can't regain his normal form.

Hoops Czar
11-14-2012, 03:24 PM
If possible, Manu should be offered an extension right now, tbh... wouldn't want him running P&Rs for the Lakeshow, IMO
This is Manu's last stop. He'll either sign an extension or retire, but he won't play for another organization. You can book it.

temujin
11-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Manu after the LAL game (in Italian).

http://www.gazzetta.it/Nba/14-11-2012/ci-pensa-green-lakers-ko-nets-caldi-3-centro-fila-913210724959.shtml

"I started to feel bad at the end of the Portland game. We decided to play 40' before the game tonight, Ifelt good in the first half but in the second half I started to fell bad again."

Stop him, right now.

spurraider21
11-14-2012, 03:42 PM
Lol he'll be fine when he's in shape. He made the game winning play vs Portland

Sean Cagney
11-14-2012, 04:04 PM
Bonner, Blair, Mason jr, Finley

I still don't get the hate for Finley, he buried quite a few clutch shots for us and had some good series as well! He came through a few times. He got older and slower yes, but he is better than those you mentioned especially in some big games.

Chris
11-14-2012, 04:10 PM
I still don't get the hate for Finley, he buried quite a few clutch shots for us and had some good series as well! He came through a few times. He got older and slower yes, but he is better than those you mentioned especially in some big games.

People hated him for his el matador defense that Pop apparently didn't notice, and also didn't understand why he was getting so many minutes. Pop would also play him at the PF which would drive people here nuts :lol

Bruno
11-14-2012, 04:18 PM
The issue with Manu isn't the level he plays when eh is at 100%, it's the amount of games per year he is at 100%.

Whenever he has an injury, he first need some time to be healthy and then some time to get back his conditioning and shake the rust. With the frequency of his injuries lately, He isn't far from the next injury once he has got through this whole process.

Unless Manu can stay healthy this year, he will have to take a huge paycut next summer to stay with Spurs. You can't give a lot of money to a player that unreliable. If he isn't willing to do that or if he has too much injuries this year, Spurs will have to try to sign someone else with their cap space next summer.

ChumpDumper
11-14-2012, 04:33 PM
Shut him down for awhile. De Colo could use the reps.

silverblk mystix
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM

You are seriously out of touch with reality. How do you function?

Finley was way past done when he got here and every once in a while he would knock down a couple of threes but this was after being torched repeatedly and taking the minutes of more deserving players. Pop was as in love with Finley as he is now with Bonner.

Disgusting. A permanent stain on Pop's hall of fame career.

DapDaGenius
11-14-2012, 05:18 PM
I mean, he is still cute tho.....

TMTTRIO
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
At this point I see Manu retiring at the end of the season. He said on one of the interviews before the season that if he felt like playing after this season he would probably stay with the Spurs. At this point with all the health issues he's had in the early part of the season and loosing a lot of his game trying to come back why would he want to continue to play. For his sake I hope he can retire before his health gets even worse.

spurraider21
11-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Pop would have Finley defend Dirk a lot. I never quite understood that. But Finley wasn't much worse than Danny Green is now tbh. Either way, a healthy Manu can make up for quite a bit

McGusto55
11-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Except for him to go off on knicks...He knows he played like shit...

will_spurs
11-14-2012, 05:45 PM
Whenever he has an injury, he first need some time to be healthy and then some time to get back his conditioning and shake the rust. With the frequency of his injuries lately, He isn't far from the next injury once he has got through this whole process.

Sad but true.

Fabbs
11-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Manu after the LAL game (in Italian).

"I started to feel bad at the end of the Portland game. We decided to play 40' before the game tonight,......"

What does he mean by 40'

Stabula
11-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Shut him down for awhile. De Colo could use the reps.

This. Ginobili had no business playing against the Lakers AT ALL. He was a major liability for the team and it was probably bad for Ginobili as well seeing as how he apparently hasn't fully healed yet. Give those minutes to Nando this is the PERFECT opportunity to break in a guard who could turn out to be something great someday. What are you thinking Popovich? I swear Pop is like one of those brilliant professors who doesn't know how to tie his shoes. He's brilliant in some aspects and then just incomprehensibly stubborn/foolish in others.

temujin
11-14-2012, 06:37 PM
What does he mean by 40'

He meant that they decided, he and Pop I assume, he'd play this game 40' before the start.

100%duncan
11-15-2012, 08:44 AM
Talk to me in the playoffs motherfucker.

Sean Cagney
11-15-2012, 10:47 PM
You are seriously out of touch with reality. How do you function?

Finley was way past done when he got here and every once in a while he would knock down a couple of threes but this was after being torched repeatedly and taking the minutes of more deserving players. Pop was as in love with Finley as he is now with Bonner.

Disgusting. A permanent stain on Pop's hall of fame career.Are you serious? Nobody said he was in his prime, but he hit some big shots for the Spurs and some in the playoffs. Dallas series 06 he played out of his mind sometimes, he was dunking like he was younger again and hit some timely threes. The next year he hits 8 threes in a big game vs. Denver! PLayoffs as well. I remember him hitting that shot to send it to OT in 08 agaisnt PHX! He hit some huge shots against Sac in 06 in that series as well, you wake me up when BONNER does any of that there in the playoffs and then call me out of touch with reality and ask how I function. They also won a title with him playing mins in 07 I believe, something they have not done with BONNER. I never said he was in his prime. He was slower laterally and got burned on D as well, he still had a jumper though and hit some clutch shots! He was not the slasher anymore and I know that as well, but he was not around as long as BONNER to hamper this team and did well in a few series he was in so I have no clue how he can get HATE like BONNER does in here or even Mason.

There is a stain on Pops career for starting some too long or ruining some guys, but there is ALSO quite a bit of GOOD on that HOF career and although we question him at times he is the best coach we have ever had and has sone way more good than BAD.