PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever have a paper route. As an adult I mean.

reason
11-14-2012, 05:32 PM
I need some extra cash. Anyone here ever do it? Don't be ashamed to admit it. Just wondering how it worked out for you.

Wild Cobra
11-15-2012, 04:19 AM
I need some extra cash. Anyone here ever do it? Don't be ashamed to admit it. Just wondering how it worked out for you.
Sorry I did it only as a kid. Do kids even do it any longer? I though liberals and their child labor laws took it all away from kids.

JudynTX
11-15-2012, 10:41 AM
They still print newspapers?

Monostradamus
11-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Remember only to throw papers to subscribers, and watch out for the tornadoes and breakdancers.

Chris
11-15-2012, 04:05 PM
I've seen people that do it, and they all have dark circles under their eyes and are a bit quirky. They also drink coffee in 40 oz cups. Don't do it for the long haul or you may end up like them.

spurs_fan_in_exile
11-15-2012, 04:43 PM
What Chris said. When I worked at a movie theater there was a woman with a paper route who was kind of off kilter. Basically she'd work the closing shifts, which with all the stuff that goes into shutting down a theater for the night would mean finishing up around 3 in the morning then go off to get the stuff she'd be delivering that day. In the process she'd essentially become nocturnal.

JoeChalupa
11-19-2012, 12:27 PM
I have a cousin that has a route. He brings home about $400 every two weeks. 1099 contractor so no taxes w/held.

Expert
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Sorry I did it only as a kid. Do kids even do it any longer? I though liberals and their child labor laws took it all away from kids.

See, it's true. God does always answer, sometimes the answer is no.

I kid though.

WC thinks either this thread was aimed at him (ergo the response) or that every thread is aimed at him (ergo the responses).

Dude asked "as an adult I mean" and the 1st response is "I only did it as a kid".

Clue: Don't fucking answer if it doesn't pertain to you.

Ergo I formulate E-WC2 where E is Ego and WC is obvious, and the squared part has to do with flag lots.