PDA

View Full Version : Interesting trade (POR-UTAH)

jalbre6
06-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Portland and Utah are trying to get this done, off ESPNnews.

Utah sends:
Gordon Giricek
Kirk Snyder

Portland sends:
Ruben Patterson

That looks like a helluva deal for Portland.

Boo
06-28-2005, 01:08 AM

exactly what i'm thinkin.

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 02:58 AM
Vice president of basketball operations Kevin O'Connor wants to trade into the top three, where Utah would be assured of getting the high-caliber point guard it desperately needs.
The Jazz are drooling over Illinois' Deron Williams - who along with Wake Forest's Chris Paul is one of the top two point guards in the draft - and Utah officials are apparently working feverishly to get him.
A league source told The Salt Lake Tribune Sunday night that the Jazz and Trail Blazers are involved in "intense discussions" about a possible trade.
According to the source, Portland would take Williams with the No. 3 pick. The Jazz would then take one of three players who interest the Blazers - high schoolers Gerald Green and Martell Webster or Arizona center Channing Frye.
Utah would have to throw something else into the deal - perhaps the 27th pick and/or the 34th pick in the draft. But Portland is believed to be willing to move down without asking for more than the Jazz can afford.

http://sltrib.com/jazz/ci_2826461

Horry For 3!
06-28-2005, 03:02 AM
Portland and Utah are trying to get this done, off ESPNnews.

Utah sends:
Gordon Giricek
Kirk Snyder

Portland sends:
Ruben Patterson

Wow. Portland does get a hell of a deal if that happens. #6 #27 very nice.

baseline bum
06-28-2005, 03:30 AM
I'd usually rather have #3 over #6, #27, and crap. Then again, maybe the player they really want will be there at 6.

TheTruth
06-28-2005, 04:48 AM
Patterson in Utah???? Better hide the mormon women.

DesiSpur_21
06-28-2005, 05:39 AM
That would be day-light robbery if it happens - UTAH isnt gonna do that.

MI21
06-28-2005, 05:46 AM
Could work for both teams. Portland don't need a young PG because they already have one, and at #3 it seems the best player available is Chris Paul, a young PG. If the player Portland wants is more than likely to be there at 6, they are essentially getting Giricek who is solid, Snyder who has potential and the 6th and 27th pick for the 3rd pick that they dont need because they can get the player they wont with the 6th.

Phew.

DesiSpur_21
06-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Could work for both teams. Portland don't need a young PG because they already have one, and at #3 it seems the best player available is Chris Paul, a young PG. If the player Portland wants is more than likely to be there at 6, they are essentially getting Giricek who is solid, Snyder who has potential and the 6th and 27th pick for the 3rd pick that they dont need because they can get the player they wont with the 6th.

Phew.

Why do UTah need a 'thug' pat at 3?

MI21
06-28-2005, 06:08 AM
They don't.

They would probably looking into moving Patterson on if that is possible, and if for some reason they can't due to the CBA rules (im not up on them) or nobody wanting him, they don't have to play him if they don't want too.

jochhejaam
06-28-2005, 06:10 AM
If Utah needs a point we'd be willing to give them back Arroyo and our #26 and #56 for their #6. (Kori, can ya forward this to Joe)? :)

DesiSpur_21
06-28-2005, 06:15 AM
If Utah needs a point we'd be willing to give them back Arroyo and our #26 and #56 for their #6. (Kori, can ya forward this to Joe)? :)

Yeah, they were involved in boozergate but Utah FO is not like Clippers, Knicks and bunch of EConf teams to get f88ed up regularly in trades and drafts.

demandole
06-28-2005, 06:21 AM
Patterson in Utah???? Better hide the mormon women.

Yeah..... but remember that Utah was the latest state with polygamic.

TwoHandJam
06-28-2005, 09:14 AM
At least if Utah gets Paul it would keep him from the Lakers. I've read rumors that they're trying to trade up their #10 pick to get him.

ShoogarBear
06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
I heard Patterson is fighting the trade.

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 09:23 AM
from realgm:

- A source close to the negotiations told me on Monday that the Utah/Portland deal is as good as done, which has been widely reported, but more pertinently, that the final agreement has not been made whatsoever. Portland is reportedly adamant about keeping things open for another team to come in at the 11th hour with a deal that they’d prefer.

It is not a negotiation tactic to squeeze more out of Utah because the deal which would send Giricek, Snyder and the 6th pick for the 3rd and Patterson will not change.

The Blazers are just holding out hope that a dream-like deal will appear if their phones are still accepting calls and despite media reports that have Deron Williams on the next plane to Salt Lake City, they want other GM’s to know that his plane can still go to a number of cities, including Atlanta and Los Angeles.

Spurminator
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Perhaps Patterson will be bought out, giving the Spurs another cheap (though not young) option for backup SF.

CosmicCowboy
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Wow. Portland does get a hell of a deal if that happens. #6 #27 very nice.

don't worry.

Portland will figure out SOME way to screw it up...:lol

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2005, 09:43 AM
Well, if the Spurs can sign a girlfriend beater they could sign the Nanny Rapist, I guess...

Pistons < Spurs
06-28-2005, 10:26 AM
Jason Quick, a Blazers beat writer for The Oregonian in Portland, told KZN-1280 AM in an on-air interview about a supposedly proposed deal involving a switch of the top picks, Jazz power forward Carlos Boozer going to Portland and Blazers big man Zach Randolph coming to Utah.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600144763,00.html

demandole
06-28-2005, 10:37 AM
My question's: What the hell happen with the Jazz that are trying to make a deal to get a player like Ruben Patterson. My first thought's they probably make another deal with him.

ObiwanGinobili
06-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Yeah..... but remember that Utah was the latest state with polygamic.

:wtf

My question's: What the hell happen with the Jazz that are trying to make a deal to get a player like Ruben Patterson. My first thought's they probably make another deal with him.

:wtf

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Jason Quick, a Blazers beat writer for The Oregonian in Portland, told KZN-1280 AM in an on-air interview about a supposedly proposed deal involving a switch of the top picks, Jazz power forward Carlos Boozer going to Portland and Blazers big man Zach Randolph coming to Utah.

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,600144763,00.html

Boozer and Randolph on the move...hmmm....which GM is stupid enough to put either one of those alongside Tim Duncan for the rest of his career?

DDS4
06-28-2005, 11:03 AM
Utah giving up on Boozer already? Damn, that's quick.

I also heard Patterson is going to hold out if the trade happens.