PDA

View Full Version : Tonight we witnessed what this team looks like when Timmy plays an average game...

TDfan2007
11-15-2012, 11:06 PM
...and it isn't pretty, tbh. I have no idea why he only had 10 FGAs (2 panicked ones late, so really 8 in the guts of the game), but the Spurs look pretty bad without Timmy playing near his prime self.

Tony's jumper and finishing ability continues to be all over the place, along with his defense. Manu also looks awful. His shot is all arm right now, and his passes are often slow and poorly timed.

This is also yet another game where our starters put forth an unacceptable effort level, a fact even more damning when one considers that this was a home game. Rough night...

Richie
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
Regardless of what Timmy does, if Tony and Manu don't improve it will be a first round exit this year.

Of course we have to assume there are tiredness/injury issues with Tony and Manu. It's a long season, they will come good.

superjames1992
11-15-2012, 11:16 PM
We saw what happens when Tony doesn't give Timmy the damn ball. He played fine when he actually got to shoot it, but Tony was content jacking up contested shots all night.

Malik Hairston
11-15-2012, 11:18 PM
It's puzzling that he didn't touch the ball until the last minute of the 4th..

letmk
11-15-2012, 11:19 PM
I think Tim plays a very good if not great game. But the two guards totally forgot him down the stretch like KB ignores Shaq. But at least KB can make some shots.

TDMVPDPOY
11-15-2012, 11:43 PM
the other wankers on the court always forget whose the guy with the hot hand, whose the guy that still gives them a chance in the game

tim duncan the forgotten man when his on fire, the man who sees his touches disappear in the 2nd half, the man who is forced to play like a scrub, the man who is force to sit back and watching these so called players who has a jumpshot continue to brick new houses

KaiRMD1
11-15-2012, 11:57 PM
So basically, our bigs killed the Knicks for a while there. Damn......

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2012, 12:07 AM
tim ducnan should get back his leader job and lead us back to the forgotten land....ever since he gave up his reigns, this team has been going nowhere

Thomas82
11-16-2012, 01:03 AM
We saw what happens when Tony doesn't give Timmy the damn ball. He played fine when he actually got to shoot it, but Tony was content jacking up contested shots all night.

It's puzzling that he didn't touch the ball until the last minute of the 4th..

I think Tim plays a very good if not great game. But the two guards totally forgot him down the stretch like KB ignores Shaq. But at least KB can make some shots.

the other wankers on the court always forget whose the guy with the hot hand, whose the guy that still gives them a chance in the game

tim duncan the forgotten man when his on fire, the man who sees his touches disappear in the 2nd half, the man who is forced to play like a scrub, the man who is force to sit back and watching these so called players who has a jumpshot continue to brick new houses

tim ducnan should get back his leader job and lead us back to the forgotten land....ever since he gave up his reigns, this team has been going nowhere

I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Good to see I'm not alone in these feelings.

timvp
11-16-2012, 01:12 AM
You know TD is playing pretty damn well when that was considered "average".

Sean Cagney
11-16-2012, 01:13 AM
I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Good to see I'm not alone in these feelings.

I agree with you two here in a perfect world, but is he too old to do it? When D ROB did it he had Tim as the man, we haven't had a go to guy like that TIM or even close to him since! So to give up the reigns means you have a viable replacement, which is clear now we don't in Tony etc. Tony is very good yes, but not a leader to the promised land.

TDMVPDPOY
11-16-2012, 01:19 AM
timmy aint old if pop continues to control his minutes, play him when his needed most in games,

the problem i felt has not been timmy, maybe his not being vocal enough when he has the hot hand to be gettin more touches on offense....at leasts he should be tellin players to calm the fck down instead of chucking up stupid shots to get their games going....

we all laugh at other teams monkeyball bullshit, when this team is just the same

Thomas82
11-16-2012, 01:37 AM
I agree with you two here in a perfect world, but is he too old to do it? When D ROB did it he had Tim as the man, we haven't had a go to guy like that TIM or even close to him since! So to give up the reigns means you have a viable replacement, which is clear now we don't in Tony etc. Tony is very good yes, but not a leader to the promised land.

I don't think he's too old.....I actually think he has another gear in him and can play better. I think he will be able to play better, and sustain it for the season. I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by the season he'll end up having. As for having a young prodigy to mentor and take over for him one day, I think he needs to get on the front office and stay on them about it if he already hasn't.

crc21209
11-16-2012, 02:21 AM
Please...Tim didnt even get to touch the ball much in the 4th. Not his fault. Plus it's pretty hard when you're going up against a defender like Chandler (who has always bothered Tim ever since his New Orleans days).