View Full Version : Rockets: Replace Lin with Dragic..

Malik Hairston
11-17-2012, 01:34 AM
How much of an impact would it have on Houston's current outlook/future outlook?..

lefty
11-17-2012, 01:37 AM
staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacked

rayjayjohnson
11-17-2012, 01:37 AM
huge. dragic is legit

noob cake
11-17-2012, 05:47 AM
Dragic is more legit than Lin.

Dragic > Lowry > Lin as a PG. Lowry is the best player due to his defense.

Jeremy Lin SMH. He ain't bad for the 8m/year he gets paid but I rather have the other two.

noob cake
11-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Actually what we need is for someone to ship Toney Douglas out of Texas.

Raven
11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
Terrible trade, really horrible. Then again, the plan is to tank the season, get a top draft pick and a superstar while being under the cap. so they'd have 2 superstars (sort of) lin, parsons, asik and a few other young talented players to build around for the next few years. with dragič they may not be able to land a second superstar and definetely they would not get a high draft pick because the guy hates to lose, plays great D and simply never gives up.

TDMVPDPOY
11-17-2012, 01:08 PM
lin is overrated for a hack who pad his stats...

Bill_Brasky
11-17-2012, 01:43 PM
None. Lin being shitty isn't the problem with the Rockets. It's that they don't run their offense through him and make him into a spot up shooter(which he isn't very good at). Most of what the Rockets do is centered around "dump the ball to Harden then stand around and watch". Seriously, watch a Rockets game. Lin never has the ball.

Koolaid_Man
11-17-2012, 02:01 PM
How much of an impact would it have on Houston's current outlook/future outlook?..

No one with reverence for ninja tradition can respect the utter lack of masterful ninja skills demonstrated by either of these unaccomplished and useless young men. They should both go to a good ninja school and train until they are accomplished ninjas - or they should never ever leave those schools. Until they show proper respect for ninja ways, I have nothing to say to *either* pointless over hyped affirmative action poppets.

In the immortal words of Cully...

That's it and that's all.

djohn2oo8
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
None. Lin being shitty isn't the problem with the Rockets. It's that they don't run their offense through him and make him into a spot up shooter(which he isn't very good at). Most of what the Rockets do is centered around "dump the ball to Harden then stand around and watch". Seriously, watch a Rockets game. Lin never has the ball.
Kevin McHale's entire offense.

Bill_Brasky
11-17-2012, 04:07 PM
Kevin McHale's entire offense.

Still scratching my head over the Adelman firing. McHale is garbage and has already cost Houston games with his shitty coaching.

11-17-2012, 04:21 PM
i remember when steve kerr drafted dragic and said he was the second best point guard in the draft (after derrick rose). we all laughed... not anymore.

Pero
11-17-2012, 05:29 PM
i remember when steve kerr drafted dragic and said he was the second best point guard in the draft (after derrick rose). we all laughed... not anymore.
Well, he was still wrong, depending on what you think of Russell Westbrick. :lol

Kai
11-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Still scratching my head over the Adelman firing. McHale is garbage and has already cost Houston games with his shitty coaching.

They mutually parted ways. Adelman's contract was up and there was a clear difference of opinion on where the team was headed. If anything, he decided not to come back.

Kamnik
11-17-2012, 06:39 PM
When Dragič signed in Phoenix i thought my (basketball) world shattered. He went to a team which has horrible ownership, a bunch of average players with no upside and is not even bad enough to get some really good draft picks... Dragič with Parsons, Harden, Asik and the other young core could be great! (or grow and be great next year) :( Beasley has a horrible BB IQ - he is a poor poor man's Carmelo Anthony - and even Anthony is not a top 10 player in the league if you ask me.

Do you think Dragič is a top 10 point guard in the league? I think yes - and will improve furtherly this year.

Latarian Milton
11-17-2012, 09:05 PM
dragic might look the better player now but having lin on your squad will at least guarantee you a steady flux of sponsorships from chinks, as well as a huge advantage in all-star voting imho

djohn2oo8
11-17-2012, 11:59 PM
They mutually parted ways. Adelman's contract was up and there was a clear difference of opinion on where the team was headed. If anything, he decided not to come back.

Was nothin mutual about that. Les Alexander got tired of spending money on proven coaches who missed the playoffs through no fault of their own and decided to go the cheap route with McHale since they already werent going to make the playoffs. Adelman wanted to come back.

Double-Up
11-18-2012, 11:19 AM

That's usually the type of coach you want when you're tanking.

Clipper Nation
11-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Well, he was still wrong, depending on what you think of Russell Westbrick. :lol

He said "point guard," not "out-of-position shooting guard," tbh :downspin:

Kai
11-18-2012, 06:00 PM
Was nothin mutual about that. Les Alexander got tired of spending money on proven coaches who missed the playoffs through no fault of their own and decided to go the cheap route with McHale since they already werent going to make the playoffs. Adelman wanted to come back.

That's not how I remember it at all. Adelman wanted to be back, but not if we were going to keep circling the drain, waiting for a star to fall in our laps.