PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul is the San Antonio Spurs of Congress"

Galileo
11-17-2012, 02:16 AM
This is a great analogy:

Farewell, Ron Paul by David Boaz

One thing nobody ever points out is that Ron Paul is the San Antonio Spurs of Congress. When they won their third NBA championship in seven years, Washington Post sports columnist Mike Wise praised the resilience of the Spurs, who kept coming back to win without ever being quite a Bulls-style dynasty. He said the Spurs "had their crown taken away twice since 2003 and got it back both times."

Similarly, Ron Paul is the only current member of Congress to have been elected three times as a non-incumbent. Given the 98 percent reelection rates for House members, it's no great shakes to win three terms — or 10 terms — in a row. It's winning that first one that's the challenge. And Ron Paul has done that three times.

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/farewell-ron-paul

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Stabula
11-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Ha interesting analogy. Probably the only politician I have respect for.

Sean Cagney
11-17-2012, 02:53 AM
Ha interesting analogy. Probably the only politician I have respect for.

ME TOO! I love listening to PAUL.

Spurs da champs
11-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Spurs aren't sellouts tho!

capek
11-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Is this the same guy that believes volcanoes are responsible for climate change? :rolleyes

Sean Cagney
11-17-2012, 03:13 AM
Is this the same guy that believes volcanoes are responsible for climate change? :rolleyes

Yeah thats out there somewhat, but it sure as hell is not AL GORE and his global warming shit! When he is not a scientist and many disagree with that bullshit. Ron Paul is off on some things, but dude is dead on on a few things.

ChumpDumper
11-17-2012, 09:09 AM
Paul never won the big one.

z0sa
11-17-2012, 09:21 AM
Ron Paul is da man

bigfan
11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
Ron Paul is a space cadet. Nuff said.

CubanMustGo
11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
Keep the political bullshit in the politics forum. And don't insult the Spurs by comparing them to this wackjob.

Mr. Body
11-17-2012, 10:17 AM
Guy is a lunatic. Claims he's a libertarian or something with his gold standard jackassery, but really, really wants to control women's reproductive rights and he's said some stupid racial shit in the past. Kind of a hypocrite. Wrongly idolized by many people.

Uriel
11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
I'm pretty sure the city of San Antonio, with its sizeable Hispanic population, would vote Democrat. The same way Pop does.

Proxy
11-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Keep the political bullshit in the politics forum. And don't insult the Spurs by comparing them to this wackjob.

Guy is a lunatic. Claims he's a libertarian or something with his gold standard jackassery, but really, really wants to control women's reproductive rights and he's said some stupid racial shit in the past. Kind of a hypocrite. Wrongly idolized by many people.

Russ
11-17-2012, 11:08 AM
The Spurs ain't retiring.

thOOdee
11-17-2012, 11:38 AM
what a insult to the spurs.

Stabula
11-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Guy is a lunatic. Claims he's a libertarian or something with his gold standard jackassery, but really, really wants to control women's reproductive rights and he's said some stupid racial shit in the past. Kind of a hypocrite. Wrongly idolized by many people. Gold standard jack assery? It's "jack assery" to you to desire our currency actually be backed by some kind of tangible wealth as opposed to printed out of thin air? Ron Paul is against abortion PERSONALLY but believes the issue IS UP TO THE STATES. He's against abortion because he's delivered more than 4,000 babies and witnessed some very barbaric abortion procedures in his time in the hospital. I'm pro-choice but even I can understand his perspective on this. Finally he never said anything racist you're probably referring to a Ron Paul newsletter from the 90s where someone else wrote something racist about black people during the LA riots in his newsletter. Some people really have no idea what the hell they're talking about they just hate because they're told to.

Stabula
11-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Love this quote from Ron Paul "Why haven’t we given up on the drug war since it’s an obvious failure and violates the people’s rights? Has nobody noticed that the authorities can’t even keep drugs out of the prisons? How can making our entire society a prison solve the problem?"

SA210
11-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Gold standard jack assery? It's "jack assery" to you to desire our currency actually be backed by some kind of tangible wealth as opposed to printed out of thin air? Ron Paul is against abortion PERSONALLY but believes the issue IS UP TO THE STATES. He's against abortion because he's delivered more than 4,000 babies and witnessed some very barbaric abortion procedures in his time in the hospital. I'm pro-choice but even I can understand his perspective on this. Finally he never said anything racist you're probably referring to a Ron Paul newsletter from the 90s where someone else wrote something racist about black people during the LA riots in his newsletter. Some people really have no idea what the hell they're talking about they just hate because they're told to.

baseline bum
11-17-2012, 02:02 PM
Ron Paul is more like the Clippers. Gets lots of peoples' hopes up in the offseason with undeserved hype and then bows out 4-0 in the playoffs.

symple19
11-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Ron Paul is more like the Clippers. Gets lots of peoples' hopes up in the offseason with undeserved hype and then bows out 4-0 in the playoffs.

:lol

Galileo
11-17-2012, 04:45 PM

Ron Paul is pro-choice, he says each state should have a choice.

Clipper Nation
11-17-2012, 05:24 PM
Low blow, tbh.... :lol

Halberto
11-17-2012, 05:39 PM

Not sure how you came up with this. He mentioned once that the volcanic eruptions send out enough greenhouse gases to equal the amount we cut out via green-energy. A volcano can alter our climate dramatically ranging from months to years, not including supervolcanic eruptions.

boutons_deux
11-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Spurs are multiple winners, Ron Paul is a perennial loser, starting with his intellectual worship of fraud Ayn Rand.

Galileo
11-17-2012, 07:07 PM
Spurs are multiple winners, Ron Paul is a perennial loser, starting with his intellectual worship of fraud Ayn Rand.

Ron Paul is an enemy of Ayn Rand.

boutons_deux
11-18-2012, 08:58 AM
Ron Paul is an enemy of Ayn Rand.

thanks, I always wantet to know why he called his son Rand and not Ayn.