PDA

View Full Version : Skip Bayless goes HAM on Mike Vick and Andy Reid

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-17-2012, 11:40 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8636738/andy-reid-michael-vick-project-coming-end

Vick has always been overrated as a quarterback because, in truth, he was a smallish scatback who merely lined up at QB -- the NFL's greatest escape artist, a one-man "Cirque du Soleil" act who often got a pass for his passing. Reid's only shot with Vick was letting him do what he did so stunningly in Atlanta -- mostly follow his run-first instincts. Instead, Reid and QB coach Marty Mornhinweg tried forcing their square-peg passing game into the round hole that is Vick. He tried valiantly to become a conventional field-scanning pocket passer, but the more he tried to glance at options 1-2-3, the worse it got. He became a brain-cramping identity crisis: Run! No throw! No wait! Too late.
:lmao

And as Vick was busted and finally sentenced, our ongoing "First Take" debates opened my eyes and mind to this: Several black debaters made the case it isn't as common in the black community to treat dogs as family members. No doubt some black families do, but in the black community dogs are more likely to be treated as pets -- as just animals. So I eventually heard via Twitter from many black viewers who were just as outraged over Vick's prison sentence as I was over his dead-eyed cruelty.
"They're just dogs!" I heard again and again.

:lmao indirect slam at black culture

DAF86
11-17-2012, 11:52 AM
What Reid needed was for Vick to play more or less like he did in his second season on the Eagles (first as a starter). The problem is that his low TOs ratio that season was a total fluke. I still can't believe they gave him all that money just for one good season.

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-17-2012, 11:55 AM
The way he played in general that season was a total fluke, don't kid yourself about turnovers being the only part that was flukey.

Clipper Nation
11-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Tbh, Skip goes HAM on no one....

gaKNOW!blee
11-17-2012, 02:26 PM
for once in my life i agree with skip...

it was retarded to try and make vick a pocket passer...if you don't let him run then he is pretty much useless. id rather have fitzpatrick in that case.

Chris
11-17-2012, 09:54 PM
yep, run n' gun no huddle offense Vick used to torch a defense, it's ridiculous that the OC's never realized that

Creepn
11-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Dok you do realize it's a slight on the coaching staff and not "blacks make terrible pocket passers" right?

It's like trying to turn Tom Brady into dual threat running QB. It will fuck up his game.