PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: Troy Murphy

monosylab1k
11-17-2012, 08:09 PM
Holy shit, this guy sucks.

Can't believe I'm about to say this, but i'd much rather have Eddy Curry back.

monosylab1k
11-17-2012, 08:10 PM
Apparently the Mavs obsession with having a big white stiff who can "shoot threes" to back up Dirk didn't die with Nick Fazekas.

Clipper Nation
11-17-2012, 08:11 PM
Apparently the Mavs obsession with having a big white stiff who can "shoot threes" to back up Dirk didn't die with Nick Fazekas.

Huh? Nick Fazekas attempted two threes his entire career and that was when he was scrubbing it up on the Clippers...

monosylab1k
11-17-2012, 08:15 PM
Back when the Mavs drafted Fazekas, they took him for his ability to shoot and stretch the floor while Dirk was out of the game. He was a complete failure obviously, preceded by others like Austin Croshere, Keith Van Horn, and Raef Lafrentz.

Clipper Nation
11-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Ah, I see... wasn't really thinking about his college reputation, I just remembered his shitful play in LA...

ElNono
11-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Wasn't this scrub posting double-doubles in Indiana?

jeebus
11-17-2012, 08:24 PM
koolaids had a huge boner about this guy last year; that should be all you need to know about ol Troy.

Latarian Milton
11-17-2012, 08:51 PM
Back when the Mavs drafted Fazekas, they took him for his ability to shoot and stretch the floor while Dirk was out of the game. He was a complete failure obviously, preceded by others like Austin Croshere, Keith Van Horn, and Raef Lafrentz.
but you do have seen the success of cardinal who played a big role in the 11' series against miami tbh, while guys like croshere and KVH ain't all that bad as you describe. the problem was that some fans expected them to be great as dirk or at least to play at a similar level

mavs>spurs
11-17-2012, 08:53 PM
eddy curry actually wasn't even bad that first game then they just cut him for fun, I agree he was at least better than murphy who doesn't belong in this league anymore

Latarian Milton
11-17-2012, 08:58 PM
eddy curry is a wonderful combination of size and strength, his IQ might count against his odd of success but he'll give you quite a presence on the court at least. he curbstomped lakers paint almost single handedly in the opening game irrc

stretch
11-17-2012, 09:03 PM
but you do have seen the success of cardinal who played a big role in the 11' series against miami tbh, while guys like croshere and KVH ain't all that bad as you describe. the problem was that some fans expected them to be great as dirk or at least to play at a similar level

Cro sucked

Without KVH, the Mavs don't make the finals in 06. He hit some big shots several times in that run, especially in game 7 against the Spurs.

Raef wasn't that bad of a player for Dallas, he just didn't fit what the Mavs needed at center.

But right now, Troy is hurting the team perhaps worse than any of those guys did when they were on the floor. At least generally those guys were pretty much non-factors, but didn't frequently hurt the team. Murphy is really killing the team with his poor defense and indecisive shot selection. Either he takes bad shots to quickly, or can't make up his mind on a wide open shot, puts it on the floor, and kills the shot clock.

Jodelo
11-17-2012, 09:06 PM
He is the Mavs' Bonner... :depressed

stretch
11-17-2012, 09:08 PM
He is the Mavs' Bonner... :depressed

at least bonner shoots 3s respectably

Jodelo
11-17-2012, 09:12 PM
at least bonner shoots 3s respectably

B-b-b-b-but but Murphy rebounds...

monosylab1k
11-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Well maybe my reverse jinx skills are still strong tbh

mavs>spurs
11-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Well maybe my reverse jinx skills are still strong tbh

he hit 3 fluke threes but didn't even grab a rebound..i think we're safe

DUNCANownsKOBE
11-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Wang Zhizhi was the best Dirk backup of all time imho, tbh, fwiw, lamborghini mercy

Venti Quattro
11-17-2012, 11:36 PM
Troy Murphy was a consistent double-double threat. Then he got injured, and now he's white shit.

Fergie The Florists
11-18-2012, 02:51 AM
Eddy Curry??? Mavs fans should be happy that slob nigga is off the team. Never have I seen somebody so unfit to play in the NBA, dude literally could not be any slower laterally. Horrible defender

Stalin
11-18-2012, 03:06 AM
Eddy Curry??? Mavs fans should be happy that slob nigga is off the team. Never have I seen somebody so unfit to play in the NBA, dude literally could not be any slower laterally. Horrible defender

lies

Lincoln
11-18-2012, 03:22 AM

:lmao going to school in Mexico
:lmao too fuckin stupid to get into a US school
:lmao bulls
:lmao d rose
:lmao ashraf maged Abdeljabar
:lmao chess club
:lmao alligator fetish

ElNono
11-18-2012, 04:20 AM
lolololololololololol

Latarian Milton
11-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Troy Murphy was a consistent double-double threat. Then he got injured, and now he's white shit.
dude was a double-double machine at one time when he could grab nearly 10 rebounds per game with ease.

Latarian Milton
11-18-2012, 09:33 AM
you didnt watch their opening game apparently where nigga almost curbstomped the lakers in the paint by himself, he might struggle against fast transitioning but he'd still be a worthwhile member on any NBA squad tbh

HeatChamps
11-18-2012, 12:40 PM
Haha Troll Murphy is troling the Mavs. Not that they were any good anyways though. He is this years Lamar Odom.

jeebus
11-18-2012, 12:51 PM
Just wait until he marries a Kardashian and gains 100 lbs of dough.

monosylab1k
11-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Haha Troll Murphy is troling the Mavs. Not that they were any good anyways though. He is this years Lamar Odom.

sup lakaluva, still posting at the Naruto forums?

AaronY
11-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Carlisle is one of the best coaches in the NBA, but he has a pop/bonner like fascination with Murphy. Its bizarre when good coaches do shit like this

Leetonidas
11-19-2012, 09:13 AM
damn I'd rather have Van Horn at this point. I'm reluctant to say I'd rather have Matt Bonner than Troy Murphy though, he can't be worse/more useless than Bonner

FYM
11-19-2012, 10:51 AM
At this point of his career Murphy <<<< Bonner