PDA

View Full Version : Quick Grades: Spurs vs. Nuggets - Nov. 17

timvp
11-17-2012, 11:31 PM
Tim Duncan A
Very solid D. Robotically efficient on offense.

Manu Ginobili A
Welcome back, Manu. You were missed.

Tony Parker B+
Took care of the ball. Good aggression. Improved defense.

Danny Green A+
Fantastic on defense. Patience and precision on the other end.

Stephen Jackson B+
Extremely helpful with his rebounding and passing. Defense also on point.

DeJuan Blair A+
Set the tone for the blowout with his energy, passion and hustle.

Boris Diaw B+
Huge improvement. Looked into the game from his first minutes.

Patrick Mills C+
Questionable shot selection. Defensive intensity wavered.

Tiago Splitter B
Inconsistent but again have a very fine stretch of basketball.

Nando De Colo B
Great passing. Otherwise didn't do much to move the needle.

Matt Bonner Inc.
Played in garbage time. Looked sharp all things considered.

Pop B
Odd lineups in the first half but otherwise didn't get in the way.

Arcadian
11-17-2012, 11:35 PM
I missed this game, but it's good to see high grades all around.

Bill_Brasky
11-17-2012, 11:49 PM
If we could get this Blair every night......

TXstbobcat
11-17-2012, 11:57 PM
It was all spurs from behind the 3 point line. Even Tim hit one to end the 2nd quarter.

jesterbobman
11-17-2012, 11:57 PM
The end of game unit with Mills and de Colo in looked far better when de Colo was running it that vice versa. Partly because Mills is a better off ball threat as a shooter, but de Colo always seems to be looking for the best offense for the team, which typically isn't him shooting.

Very impressive overall.

AusSpur
11-18-2012, 12:03 AM
The awesome ball movement was back this game!

Sean Cagney
11-18-2012, 12:10 AM
The awesome ball movement was back this game!

I have been looking for it! I am glad to have seen it.

Brazil
11-18-2012, 12:14 AM
great game tbh against a solid opponent, Faried with only 5 reb. Good team job

Manufan909
11-18-2012, 12:41 AM
The end of game unit with Mills and de Colo in looked far better when de Colo was running it that vice versa. Partly because Mills is a better off ball threat as a shooter, but de Colo always seems to be looking for the best offense for the team, which typically isn't him shooting.

Very impressive overall.

I was beyond pleased with De Colo's play tonight, but proclaiming that Nando looked better running the point than Mills isn't saying much. I guess Neal playing PG for about half a regular season now has lowered peoples standards around here, or has just made Mills shine in comparison. I have a feeling Green could run point about as well as Mills if given half the chance.

Oddly enough, after checking the boxscore I saw that Mills only had one less assist than de Colo in 3.5 more minutes, but he also had 1 more TO than de Colo.

spurs10
11-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Great team effort! It was great to see them all so engaged and cheering each other on! Solid grades man, thanks!:flag:

therealtruth
11-18-2012, 01:21 AM
If we could get this Blair every night......

The same could be said for Tiago a few nights ago. Blame for Pop screwing up the frontcourt rotation. The only thing he has got right is that Bonner shouldn't play which he should have figured out about 3 years ago when everybody else did. I still think Splitter or Diaw needs to start for the playoffs. If Pop is so against Blair/Tiago then it probably should be Tiago. Again Pop only sees regular season wins and doesn't look at the big picture.

UZER
11-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Bonner hitting meaningless 3's per par. Dude is nothing but fools gold. Hope Pop doesn't give him minutes again like giving an ex another chance.

DMC
11-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Tim looks like a man playing against boys. He's playing NBA 3.0

Fabbs
11-18-2012, 02:16 AM
DeJuan Blair A+
Set the tone for the blowout with his energy, passion and hustle.
All of which cannot be 100% stat enumerated.

DieMrBond
11-18-2012, 04:47 AM
Not being able to watch the games, is it known as to why Bonner isn't playing pretty much at all? Has Pop finally given up on him, or is he actually injured? Or just playing like arse and lost his spot in the rotation?

Russo21
11-18-2012, 06:35 AM
Wandering the very same thing about Bonner. Injured or Pop's romance with him is on the rocks?

Career low in minutes and points. But career highs in FG% (53%) and 3PTFG% (63%). Strange

racm
11-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Not being able to watch the games, is it known as to why Bonner isn't playing pretty much at all? Has Pop finally given up on him, or is he actually injured? Or just playing like arse and lost his spot in the rotation?

He sucks on team D despite being okay on post D and can't rebound? Not to mention the Spurs have a tough schedule to start things.

Once they start playing more Eastern Conference teams more Bonner time could be possible.

Fireball
11-18-2012, 07:22 AM
News of the demise of Manu Ginobili have been (once again) greatly exagerated ... fun game to watch

racm
11-18-2012, 07:31 AM
News of the demise of Manu Ginobili have been (once again) greatly exagerated ... fun game to watch

The last time Manu had a good game his back flared up and he was invisible in the games against Lakers/Knicks... better hope it doesn't linger.

Stabula
11-18-2012, 11:20 AM
News of the demise of Manu Ginobili have been (once again) greatly exagerated ... fun game to watch I'm optimistic about Ginobili but he's not out of the woods yet.

DMC
11-18-2012, 12:12 PM
The last time Manu had a good game his back flared up and he was invisible in the games against Lakers/Knicks... better hope it doesn't linger.

Very odd cause vs correlation.

jjktkk
11-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks Tim.