PDA

View Full Version : Spring water worth the effort and $ to pursue?

Fabbs
11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Find a spring near you:
http://www.findaspring.com/
exerpt: There is no question in my mind that the absolute finest source of water in the world is NOT from an artesian well but from a gravity fed mountain spring that is obtained directly from where it has come out of the earth. It is filtered by the earth and structured and it is also not pasteurized or heated like nearly all commercial bottled waters. You see there are living organisms in water like algae that are actually beneficial for us but when you heat the water, just like pasteurizing milk, you damage it.

Why Doc Mercola thinks almost all bottled water is crap to be avoided:
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/05/06/a-movie-about-water-you-need-to-see.aspx

Drachen
11-18-2012, 01:34 PM
There was this camping place called "little Ark" (as in arkansas) on the blanco river when I was younger. The blanco is spring fed there and that was some of the best tasting water that I have ever had. Whenever we went camping we used to bring like 20 water jugs and fill them up and take them back. I would still like to camp there, but the old woman who owned that property died, left it to her sons, who broke it up and sold it off. It was awesome too, the lady was crazy. She had signs everywhere like "Don't fucking drive faster than 15 MPH" and (at the spring) "this ain't your fucking bath, get your ass outta here". Also, she didn't take money from us, we paid her two bottles of vodka for three nights. Aww the 80's were a simpler time.

baseline bum
11-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Sorry son, best tasting water is when you stick your bottle down a moulin to catch fresh glacier melt.

mouse
11-18-2012, 02:29 PM
If you think because some toxic plastic bottle has the word "Spring" in front of the word "water" that your actually drinking "Spring Water"?

Then your either the most misguided grocery shopper on your block, or in very serious need of a taste bud transplant.

XfPAjUvvnIc