PDA

View Full Version : Eurobasket 2005

SLOVENIAN 8
06-28-2005, 08:49 AM
http://www.ep2005.co.yu/img/welcome.jpg

Link: http://www.ep2005.co.yu/

The Slovenian coach Pipan today named 15 players for European Championship 2005.

The list:
Sani Becirovic , Primoz Brezec, Aleksandar Capin, Nebojsa Joksimovic, Goran Jurak, Ivica Jurkovic, Jaka Lakovic, Erazem Lorbek, Marko Maravic, Marko Milic, Bostjan Nachbar, Radoslav Nesterovic, Saso Ozbolt, Matjaž Smodis in Beno Udrih

Vujacic wont be playing becouse LA Lakers did not allow him to play! Fuck LA :pctoss :lol :lol

Rasho jersey:
http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010506281413420-4-0-3-1.jpg

SLOVENIAN 8
06-28-2005, 08:57 AM
Radmanovic: No outsiders at Eurobasket

While the players of best Serbia and Montenegro clubs are still preoccupied with their play-off obligations, Vladimir Radmanovic’s thoughts are already focused on the European Championships and the upcoming season. He’s had enough time to recover and rest, but also to plan in detail his physical preparation with the famous trainer Predrag Zimonjic during this summer:
- Rehabilitation has been completed as planned and I feel much better. I should start with an easy practice to strengthen my leg first and get prepared for a normal practicing cycle – Radmanovic says.

After a tiresome season that did not lack injuries and mental strain, the Sonics forward will spend the summer mixing pleasure and work. When it comes to the national team, Radmanovic’s position and willingness are beyond doubt:
- The situation with the national team is clear. I should yet discuss with the head coach some details related to my obligations throughout this summer. I confirmed my playing for the national time long time ago, and on my part, it is beyond discussion.

The European Championships fever is being increasingly felt, and it seems that the Serbia and Montenegro public appetites would be satisfied with just one medal – the brightest one.
- We also expect to win the gold. Each participating team will come highly motivated for winning the title, regardless of whether it is a high or low rated team. I sincerely hope we can compensate the failures from the last Olympic Games and previous Eurobasket at this Championship. We are of the opinion that this country deserves new celebrations and victories. This, of course, directly depends on the team composition and the factor of luck, namely the absence of injuries throughout the preparatory cycle and the tournament.

Asked if through his contacts with other players he has got an impression they are as motivated as he is, Radmanovic answers:
- They are. However, I don’t want to speak on their behalf, because I can say one thing and afterwards, it can change to another. For the time being, everything seems to be positive. At the same time, I am doing my best to get all of us gathered together. We all wish to get together and get the gold back.

The competition at the Eurobasket will not be naďve at all. Slovenia, for example, has two players currently playing the NBA play-off final games, not to mention the others.
- It’s clear to all of us that we are not the only country playing the top level basketball any more. We were superior ten, fifteen, twenty years ago… Everybody continuously improve trying to keep abreast with the top quality basketball in Europe and America. Generally, they are all very serious rivals, because the team that is practically an outsider can also make a surprise and spoil your expectations. Although our group seems to be easy, we must take it very seriously from the very beginning. Especially after the lecture we learned in Athens, when we lost the first match against Argentina. If we had won, it may be that the things would have turned to a quite different direction. It makes no sense to guess now whether we would have ended second, fifth, or maybe eighth… We were eleventh and there is no excuse for it. It’s important to get into a rhythm and treat each opponent as the best one in Europe.

NZHayden
06-28-2005, 08:58 AM
which countries are taking part?

SLOVENIAN 8
06-28-2005, 09:03 AM
which countries are taking part?
http://www.ep2005.co.yu/eurobasket/main_schedule.php

18.9.2005. Slovenia - France :eyebrows :eyebrows

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Now I know what to get RashoFan and Angel Luv for Christmas! :)

http://www.siol.net/Doc/Img/10041010506281413420-4-0-3-1.jpg

Ozzy
06-28-2005, 09:37 AM
Woohoo, it looks like we are going for the medal... (well from previous experiences this might actually mean nothing - and the team is going to come home with nothing ... but let's hope it's better this year).

I believe the only player that we are going to miss is Tusek. While Vujačič is good, we have enough people to cover his position. Tusek, however, was the guy we could always count on. Even when everybody else was playing bad he was still fighting for rebounds, defending agressively and even diving for loose balls if neccessary. The guy who knows how to show heart when playing gor the national theam...

SLOVENIAN 8
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
Woohoo, it looks like we are going for the medal... (well from previous experiences this might actually mean nothing - and the team is going to come home with nothing ... but let's hope it's better this year).

I believe the only player that we are going to miss is Tusek. While Vujačič is good, we have enough people to cover his position. Tusek, however, was the guy we could always count on. Even when everybody else was playing bad he was still fighting for rebounds, defending agressively and even diving for loose balls if neccessary. The guy who knows how to show heart when playing gor the national theam...

Yes Tusek eas allways good , i would like to see him more than Milic on this list. But now we have rasho and Brezec on C and Smodis on Pf and Lorbek on PF:smokin :smokin

And Beno/Lakovic on Pg :smokin

Nachbar on SF :smokin

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 09:40 AM
http://www.ep2005.co.yu/img/macho160.jpg

Sequ? :lol

fonzy16
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM

Great!!!

TONY PARKER vs. BENO UDRIH

Who do you think will win?

alamo50
06-28-2005, 12:27 PM

:smokin

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Do we know if Tony is playing?

leonarth
06-28-2005, 12:35 PM
The french Team, you must pick 12 of 16

Arričres:
DIAW Boris, 2,03 m, 23 ans, Atlanta (NBA)
FAUTHOUX Frédéric, 1,84 m, 32 ans, Pau Orthez
GOMIS Joseph 1,84 m, 26 ans, Lugo (Esp)
PARKER Tony 1,88 m, 23 ans, San Antonio (NBA)
RIGAUDEAU Antoine, 1,98 m, 33 ans, Valence (Esp)

Ailiers:
DIARRA Mamoutou 1,96 m, 25 ans, Paris
DIGBEU Alain,1,97 m, 29 ans, Alicante (Esp)
GELABALE Mickaël, 2,00 m, 22 ans, Real Madrid (Esp)
PIETRUS Mickaël 1,99 m, 23 ans, Golden State (NBA)

Intérieurs:
AKPOMEDAH Cyril, 2,03 m, 26 ans, Cholet
GIFFA Sacha, 1,97 m, 27 ans,, Pau-Orthez
JULIAN Cyril 2,04 m, 31 ans, Valence (Esp)
MARQUIS Claude 2,02 m, 25 ans, Cholet
MASINGUE Vincent 2,04 m, 29 ans, Nancy
PIETRUS Florent 2,02 m, 24 ans, Malaga (Espagne)

Reserve : Ronny Turiaf (Draft) , Johan Petro (Draft)

samikeyp
06-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Rigaudeau played for Dallas didn't he?

what...no Tariq Abdul-Wahad? :lol

hendrix
06-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Rigaudeau played for Dallas didn't he?
what...no Tariq Abdul-Wahad? :lol

Rigaudeau is most certantly the best player in France (ever). Things dont always go right for talented international players in the NBA. Bodiroga is another player that comes to mind.
I'm not questioning coaches/owners decisions, just wondering why. Probably their defense?

kginsa
06-28-2005, 02:35 PM
Slovenian 8,
Do you know where I can purchase that Rasho Nesterovic Slovenian Jersey by mail ?????

WalterBenitez
06-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Radoslav Nesterovic is Rasho?

SLOVENIAN 8
06-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Slovenian 8,
Do you know where I can purchase that Rasho Nesterovic Slovenian Jersey by mail ?????

Man that is not possible ask Slomo if you not belive. I hope that i could get one before EURO 2005. i will tell you if i know where to get it

SlovenianGuy
06-28-2005, 05:08 PM
The french Team, you must pick 12 of 16

Arričres:
DIAW Boris, 2,03 m, 23 ans, Atlanta (NBA)
FAUTHOUX Frédéric, 1,84 m, 32 ans, Pau Orthez
GOMIS Joseph 1,84 m, 26 ans, Lugo (Esp)
PARKER Tony 1,88 m, 23 ans, San Antonio (NBA)
RIGAUDEAU Antoine, 1,98 m, 33 ans, Valence (Esp)

Ailiers:
DIARRA Mamoutou 1,96 m, 25 ans, Paris
DIGBEU Alain,1,97 m, 29 ans, Alicante (Esp)
GELABALE Mickaël, 2,00 m, 22 ans, Real Madrid (Esp)
PIETRUS Mickaël 1,99 m, 23 ans, Golden State (NBA)

Intérieurs:
AKPOMEDAH Cyril, 2,03 m, 26 ans, Cholet
GIFFA Sacha, 1,97 m, 27 ans,, Pau-Orthez
JULIAN Cyril 2,04 m, 31 ans, Valence (Esp)
MARQUIS Claude 2,02 m, 25 ans, Cholet
MASINGUE Vincent 2,04 m, 29 ans, Nancy
PIETRUS Florent 2,02 m, 24 ans, Malaga (Espagne)

Reserve : Ronny Turiaf (Draft) , Johan Petro (Draft)

Nobody over 2,04 m (6-8)?

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 05:12 PM
So Beno is playing?

Are the Spurs happy about that? I thought he had some commitments here during that time period.

SLOVENIAN 8
06-28-2005, 05:16 PM
So Beno is playing?

Are the Spurs happy about that? I thought he had some commitments here during that time period.

It writes that he is confirm to compet on EURO 2005, might now he is allowed becouse spurs win championship

Kori Ellis
06-28-2005, 05:17 PM
I understood that Beno needed to go to the Rookie training seminar thing in September in New York because he missed it last year and players have to complete it in their first two years in the league. But maybe something has changed in regard to that.

Lady M
06-28-2005, 06:53 PM
Tony say in his interviews that Beno will play euro 2005

SlovenianGuy
06-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I understood that Beno needed to go to the Rookie training seminar thing in September in New York because he missed it last year and players have to complete it in their first two years in the league. But maybe something has changed in regard to that.

That was my thought as well.

I was told that Beno will only play in Belgrade if there is lockout at that time.

Does anyone know how long does this seminar last and when exactly does it take place?

SlovenianGuy
06-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Kori, the answer to your question is in today's newspaper.

NBA vicepresident for international projects Kim Bohuny and her assistant Arturas Karnisovas have assured that in such cases playing for the national team has priority.

Eurobasket Belgrade
08-09-2005, 01:30 PM
If you looking information about where to stay in Belgrade, recently I find great web site on www.eurobasket2005-belgrade-apartment.com and www.ekonomik-bgd.co.yu about accomodation and where to rent apartment or room.

Solid D
08-09-2005, 01:46 PM
Interesting that the Lakers won't let Vujacic play, yet I saw something recently that said that Slava Medvedenko was considering playing for the Ukraine in Eurobasket.

WalterBenitez
08-09-2005, 02:18 PM

Will TP play against Beno??? :smokin

Eurobasket Belgrade
08-10-2005, 11:34 AM
During European Basketball Championship in Belgrade (September 16th to 25th) we are expecting a numerous tourists from Your country looking for accommodation. If You interested, we are offering You to cooperate with us because we have exclusive apartments near by SC Arena and Pionir and downtown.

The only difference between usual offer and this one is accommodation category.

All tourists will stay in high quality apartments and every group will have their own host and guide for making their sojourn pleasant.

Therefore, this offer can be evenly interested to the groups who (still) do not have the tickets for the Championship.

Each tourist can choose his own apartment simply looking at the apartment pictures on www.eurobasket2005-belgrade-apartment.com. We can menage special demands such as luxury, more than five tourists in one apartment, etc.
The Campaign "Your Apartment in Belgrade - Welcome to Basketball Land" with promotional price of 43 € person/day lasts until September 1th.

In keeping with our dedication to provide every customer with the highest standard of service, we look forward to meet you.

Darko Milosevic
Marketing menadzer
+ 381 642-060-216

www.ekonomik-bgd.co.yu
5 I/4 Cvijiceva Street, Belgrade
Serbia and Montenegro
+ 381 112-084-611

Eurobasket Belgrade
08-10-2005, 11:37 AM
During European Basketball Championship in Belgrade (September 16th to 25th) we are expecting a numerous tourists from Slovenia, France, Italy, Greece, Latvia, Litvania etc, looking for accommodation. If You interested, we are offering You to cooperate with us because we have exclusive apartments near by SC Arena and Pionir and downtown.

All tourists will stay in high quality apartments and every group will have their own host and guide for making their sojourn pleasant.

Therefore, this offer can be evenly interested to the groups who (still) do not have the tickets for the Championship.

Each tourist can choose his own apartment simply looking at the apartment pictures on www.eurobasket2005-belgrade-apartment.com. We can menage special demands such as luxury, more than five tourists in one apartment, etc.
The Campaign "Your Apartment in Belgrade - Welcome to Basketball Land" with promotional price of 43 € person/day lasts until September 1th.

In keeping with our dedication to provide every customer with the highest standard of service, we look forward to meet you.

Darko Milosevic
Marketing menadzer
+ 381 642-060-216

www.ekonomik-bgd.co.yu
Serbia and Montenegro
+ 381 112-084-611

Eurobasket Belgrade
08-10-2005, 11:43 AM
If you looking information about where to stay in Belgrade, recently I find great web site on www.eurobasket2005-belgrade-apartment.com and www.ekonomik-bgd.co.yu about accomodation and where to rent apartment or room.

During European Basketball Championship in Belgrade (September 16th to 25th) we are expecting a numerous tourists from Slovenia, France, Italy, Greece, Litvania, Latvia tec, looking for accommodation. If You interested, we are offering You to cooperate with us because we have exclusive apartments near by SC Arena and Pionir and downtown.

Darko Milosevic
Marketing menadzer
+ 381 642-060-216

www.ekonomik-bgd.co.yu
Serbia and Montenegro
+ 381 112-084-611